RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19609



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/25/17 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I'd prefer the national anthem not be played in the first place.


I'm would be kind of actually okay with that. Except that I don't think it's done as a sort of pledge of allegiance moment. I think it's done to say, okay, as we get ready to enjoy this great pastime diversion of sports enterntainment, let's remember the sacrifices that allow us to do so. And viewed or taken from that perspective skipping it or fucking any part of that up becomes a huge problem. So if it's not about rubbing people's noses in empty patriotism but reminding people of the very real prices that continue to be paid for all of our freedoms and luxuries (which we can have a tendency to take for granted) it's now an important part of our national rituals.

But what we saw yesterday is what happens when stupid people are on every side of a problem.

Personally, I just can't, however, get past the NFL and the owners roles in all this and how they skated through, at this point, unscathed. They blackballed Colin Kaepernick. Took away his career. And slowing but very surely sports figures from across the spectrum began to rise up against how Kaepernick had been treated. BY THE NFL!!! This was festering for months with frustrations boiling over periodically everywhere from ESPN to social media. Free Kap!, etc. And then Trump opens his hoary red velvet pie hole and these rich mother fucking clueless devils and their feckless idiot Roger Goodel are able to slither onto the field and lock arms with the very players who were actually just two days prior looking at them as the evil power structure.

Well, Trump did say he'd be the greatest unifier ever! Shocked


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57453
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/25/17 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The national anthem at NFL games is paid jingoism funded by your tax dollars. The federal government pays teams millions for the faux patriotic displays.



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10669
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/25/17 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
I'd prefer the national anthem not be played in the first place.


I'm would be kind of actually okay with that. Except that I don't think it's done as a sort of pledge of allegiance moment. I think it's done to say, okay, as we get ready to enjoy this great pastime diversion of sports enterntainment, let's remember the sacrifices that allow us to do so. And viewed or taken from that perspective skipping it or fucking any part of that up becomes a huge problem. So if it's not about rubbing people's noses in empty patriotism but reminding people of the very real prices that continue to be paid for all of our freedoms and luxuries (which we can have a tendency to take for granted) it's now an important part of our national rituals.

But what we saw yesterday is what happens when stupid people are on every side of a problem.

Personally, I just can't, however, get past the NFL and the owners roles in all this and how they skated through, at this point, unscathed. They blackballed Colin Kaepernick. Took away his career. And slowing but very surely sports figures from across the spectrum began to rise up against how Kaepernick had been treated. BY THE NFL!!! This was festering for months with frustrations boiling over periodically everywhere from ESPN to social media. Free Kap!, etc. And then Trump opens his hoary red velvet pie hole and these rich mother fucking clueless devils and their feckless idiot Roger Goodel are able to slither onto the field and lock arms with the very players who were actually just two days prior looking at them as the evil power structure.

Well, Trump did say he'd be the greatest unifier ever! Shocked


Sales of Villanueva NFL gear outsold all others, according to Fanatics.

That's the kind of country we live in.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20815108/alejandro-villanueva-pittsburgh-steelers-top-selling-gear-standing-national-anthem



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57453
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/25/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Villanueva said today he regretted what he did.

"Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself, I feel embarrassed."



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10669
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/25/17 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The national anthem at NFL games is paid jingoism funded by your tax dollars. The federal government pays teams millions for the faux patriotic displays.


Yeah, that's the kicker in all of this bs. Plus, the haters like to say kneeling disrespects "all those who sacrificed so that we all can live in this great country" , but they never add the "in which you will be vilified even for making a silent, solemn, non-disruptive, 1 man 2:00 protest once a week for 16 weeks/yr."

ASSHOLES.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6729



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/25/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The national anthem at NFL games is paid jingoism funded by your tax dollars. The federal government pays teams millions for the faux patriotic displays.


That article talks about jumbotron tributes to military personnel, not the playing of the national anthem. That has been going on since WWII, when it started to drum up patriotism.


It is not uncommon for newscasts to show videos of a military parent coming home from an overseas stay and surprising their child at some school event. I have wondered who sets those up.


jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19609



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/25/17 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great that Villanueva's stuff is outselling the rest of these weak unimaginative bums and it's great that that's the kind of country we live in.

He shouldn't regret it and I doubt he will look back on it and after time and feel the same way he does about it right now. But, that sort of after-the-fact reluctance or ambivalence is not uncommon in people who do something that sets them apart from the crowd or their peers. And in THIS case, he caused great embarrassment to his teammates by showing how small they all are. And they're probably exactly the kind of fucking punks who will make him pay for that with a cold shoulder, etc. And those are the kinds of things that will be rattling around in people's brains as they go over this past weekend in their minds and in conversations with the people around them. Unpacking the ramifications. I don't think most people go that deep but what Villanueva's life or experiences might be at this point is something that is a naturally obvious question that probably will be making the rounds shortly if it isn't already.

Let's back up a little bit, again, to the main source of my own anger. Something that, as far as I can see, has gone untouched here and has gotten a complete pass by the media and by people who are speaking out like Steve Kerr.

Correct me if I'm wrong but players were taking knees in the NFL before this weekend. There was a patch. There was a meltdown on ESPN by Shannon Sharpe two weeks before Charlottesville. There was widespread simmering anger among players in the NFL and from players in other sports.

Why?

Why were people taking knees in the NFL before this weekend and why was there a FREE KAP patch people were wearing and why the rant on ESPN and the speaking out by big name athletes?

Was it in support of BLM? Police shootings of unarmed black citizens? Charlottesville? Let's go back in time just a few weeks and see.

Washington Post - August 24 2017:

Quote:

Two weeks before the opening of the NFL’s regular season, national anthem protests continue to make news, a march has been held to support Colin Kaepernick and the NAACP has asked for a meeting with Commissioner Roger Goodell, telling him that “no player should be victimized and discriminated against because of his exercise of free speech.


On Wednesday, there was a show of solidarity in New York, with about a dozen groups, including the Justice League NYC and Color of Change, marching in front of the NFL’s Park Avenue headquarters and chanting “I’m with Kap.

The NAACP added its voice, too, sending a letter to Goodell and asking for a meeting to discuss why Kaepernick has not been signed. “No player should be victimized and discriminated against because of his exercise of free speech — to do so is in violation of his rights under the Constitution and the NFL’s own regulations,” Derrick Johnson, the interim president and chief executive, wrote.

And baseball Hall of Famer Henry Aaron joined the chorus, telling Roland Martin that he thinks Kaepernick is “getting a raw deal.” Aaron added that he was bothered by the fact that “nobody has seemed to think that he stands a chance of being [a] number one [quarterback].”


One headline a week before Charlottesville says "Shannon Sharpe thinks NFL owners are punishing Colin Kaepernick."

I don't think this was about BLM. I'm sure that Charlottesville became a contributing factor but look, there was a lot going on on the surface before Charlotteville and I'm sure much more beyond the public view in support of and protesting the treatment of Colin Kaepernick by the NFL, specifically, the league's taking away his career because of what he'd done just last year.

Who did that? The same guys who were feeling the heat from everyone from their players' union to the NAACP, who saw the clod Donald Trump step into this blindly (well, you never know) and these owners and the league took a very easy opportunity as it presented itself to them. Oh wow. Trump, the world's biggest boogie man on the question of racial politics, just inserted himself into this. Yeah, he's actually echoing his support for EXACTLY what we did to Kaepernick, but FUCK THAT, TOO HOT! OUCH-Y. Hmm. What to do? Oh. Yeah. That was easy. Let's point at this little section of a speech by Donald Trump, and his tweet-storm, and lock arms with our players to get them off our fucking backs and to come out of all this smelling like almost three dozen roses.


And yeah, no team and no owner wanted to put Kap on their roster and invite that distraction into their season. So fuck him, everyone agreed. You're fired, the league said. I'm sure more than one person with considerable wealth and power called him a sonofabitch and lots of fans applauded what was being done to Kaepernick.

But now? The owners are pure. Donald Trump is the bad guy. Well, let me tell YOU GUYS and the NFL and all it's players. You are a SLIVER! The majority of this country believes that these players should always stand for the national anthem. Period. End of story. No matter who does what, that's the third rail of third rails in America. The media, the athletes, now late to the party, the owners, Steve Fucking Kerr, EVERYBODY will be paying for this for a long time.

And that kind of brings me back to the subject of this thread. Trump's fate in office. As I've said and the OP has just stated in the last 24 hours, the only thing that will get Trump out of office is the Mueller investigation. So that's a possibility and, as I've said, one that I would bet is going to happen. I think Trump is compromised legally. But we'll see.

What else is going to happen to Trump and especially in the event that the investigation doesn't provide a reason for his removal from office. This one IMO is easy to answer.

Trump will win. And he's going to do it on his terms. So no matter how much you hate him, here are some of the most relevant facts about our 45th president. He indeed hates to lose. And, given time, he will stop losing and start winning. He already has begun that process. He's not going to be a Hitler or anything like that. He's going to learn what works and what doesn't. He is a slave to his poll numbers and, with time, he is going to bring those numbers up. Way up.

Authoritarianism? No. Doing a better job? Yes. Polishing his rising poll numbers by keeping his mouth shut on Twitter and in Alabama political rallies? Yeah.

So Diane Feinstein just in the last two weeks said that Donald Trump could yet be a 'good president.' That's almost an understatement IMO. He is about 24 hours away from being let down by the bumbling Republican congress one more time. Third time is a charm! I think this will be the last chance Republicans get.

So Trump then turns, once again, to the Democrats. And because he remains so popular with this significant portion of the Republican and middle class base and in the same states he won in November, any deal he makes with Chuck and Nancy is a slam dunk to end up on his desk as a finished product.

Sane improvements to the ACA? Done. Trump wins and Trump LOVES to win. America wants things to get done in Washington and cheers bipartisanship. Job approval numbers inch up. A fairer version of tax reform? Done. Trump wins, etc. etc. A TRILLION dollar infrastructure bill? Done. Trump wins, etc. etc.

Trump sees his poll numbers rising into the respectable range and dreams of even more success. He looks at what he's been doing to undermine his own administration and decides to STOP. DOING. THAT. SHIT!

And now the country likes what it sees and Trump broadens his appeal, ensuring his re-election. Believe me, this dude cannot imagine being a one-term president. That would make him a loser. And I just don't see that happening. UNLESS, Trump is indeed losing control of his faculties. There's a lot of talk that he is. But honestly, that's not what I see.

Bullheaded. Arrogant. Dumb as dirt when it comes to politics in Washington and history, etc. All those things. Unworthy of the office? By any standards we've ever considered to be necessary qualifications, absolutely. But shrewd in a way that will allow him to move towards the warmth and light? I don't have any doubts there but we're all going to find out real soon when the Republican's latest attempt to repeal Obamacare goes down in flames.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10669
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/25/17 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Great that Villanueva's stuff is outselling the rest of these weak unimaginative bums and it's great that that's the kind of country we live in.


sieg heils!



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18357



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/25/17 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think there can be multiple bad guys. NFL owners and Donald can both be disgusting. (And they are.)

You only have to look at the treatment of Kaepernick, verses say..any of the rapists/wife beaters/child beaters/murderers to know that.

But Trump is scum too.


I agree to an extent that Donald is going to figure out very quickly that joining with Nancy and Chuck will help him far more than Republicans will. (Dems and Repubs are the same? What? Nancy and Chuck are willing to work with Donald Fucking Trump in order to make this country better for us, risking political leverage..while Republicans couldn't work with Obama and are still trying to ruin Bill Clinton's life..)

But he's too much much of a loose cannon to every make good decisions for a long period of time, and/or to keep himself out of trouble. He's still going to be a racist and sexist POS..and Mueller is coming. Razz



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10669
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/17 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So here's last Friday's late news dump, and possibly the reason Chump went off on his NFL schtick:

US government notifies 21 states of election hacking

The federal government told 21 states that hackers targeted their election systems last year.
In most cases, the systems weren't breached.
Most states weren't notified of the attempted hacking until Friday.


https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/22/us-government-notifies-21-states-of-election-hacking.html

The Wisconsin Election Commission, for example, said the state's systems were targeted by "Russian government cyber actors."

Federal officials said that in most of the 21 states, the targeting was preparatory activity such as scanning computer systems. The targets included voter registration systems but not vote tallying software. Officials said there were some attempts to compromise networks but most were unsuccessful.

Only Illinois reported that hackers had succeeded in breaching its voter systems.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12553



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/17 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought this was a pretty good analysis of the situation

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/politics/trump-nfl-tweets/index.html


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4895



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/17 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great! Rolling Eyes

Twitter is expanding to 280 characters.

http://fox59.com/2017/09/26/twitter-says-goodbye-to-140-characters-hello-280-characters/

Just what the asshole in the White House needs!



_________________
neverthless she persisted
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10669
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/28/17 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's seems that the recent bullshit spewed from House Republicans, Hannity and the rest of FUX NEWS re: the Steele dossier was an attempt to preempt the first of what will be many, many Mueller charges.

As Malcom Nance says, "the target is getting buggy".

tick tock, tick tock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xivXkPJlD3M



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18357



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/28/17 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
It's seems that the recent bullshit spewed from House Republicans, Hannity and the rest of FUX NEWS re: the Steele dossier was an attempt to preempt the first of what will be many, many Mueller charges.

As Malcom Nance says, "the target is getting buggy".

tick tock, tick tock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xivXkPJlD3M


As was the recent splurge in the "uranium one" fake scandal.

Hillary and Obama are private citizens now. Foxnews and Donald need to find a new boogeyman.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 363
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
As was the recent splurge in the "uranium one" fake scandal.

Hillary and Obama are private citizens now. Foxnews and Donald need to find a new boogeyman.

You mean the REAL Uranium One scandal? The one where Hillary Clinton gave our uranium to a geopolitical foe in exchange for over $140 million in donations to her family slush fund? I don't think it really matters what Hillary is now. She is still a criminal. Whether anything ever happens to her because of who she is is ANOTHER scandal in itself.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7031
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
As was the recent splurge in the "uranium one" fake scandal.

Hillary and Obama are private citizens now. Foxnews and Donald need to find a new boogeyman.

You mean the REAL Uranium One scandal? The one where Hillary Clinton gave our uranium to a geopolitical foe in exchange for over $140 million in donations to her family slush fund? I don't think it really matters what Hillary is now. She is still a criminal. Whether anything ever happens to her because of who she is is ANOTHER scandal in itself.

You mean Hillary, who had nothing to do with the whole things at all since it wasn't even her department? Yeah, Hillary has some issues, but this definitely isn't one of them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/10/29/the-dossier-and-the-uranium-deal-a-guide-to-the-latest-allegations/

Ooooh look something shiny! Don't you want to look over here? Pay no attention to the men behind bars...



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 363
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
As was the recent splurge in the "uranium one" fake scandal.

Hillary and Obama are private citizens now. Foxnews and Donald need to find a new boogeyman.

You mean the REAL Uranium One scandal? The one where Hillary Clinton gave our uranium to a geopolitical foe in exchange for over $140 million in donations to her family slush fund? I don't think it really matters what Hillary is now. She is still a criminal. Whether anything ever happens to her because of who she is is ANOTHER scandal in itself.

You mean Hillary, who had nothing to do with the whole things at all since it wasn't even her department? Yeah, Hillary has some issues, but this definitely isn't one of them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/10/29/the-dossier-and-the-uranium-deal-a-guide-to-the-latest-allegations/

Fascinating. Yet it doesn't say much of anything at all to prove her innocence. Who's your next source? Newsweek?


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10669
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/10/29/watch-joy-reid-destroy-conservative-clinton-uranium-conspiracy.html



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 363
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You forgot moveon.org and Huffington Post


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57453
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Fascinating. Yet it doesn't say much of anything at all to prove her innocence. Who's your next source? Newsweek?


Is she not considered innocent until proven guilty?



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14389
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Fascinating. Yet it doesn't say much of anything at all to prove her innocence. Who's your next source? Newsweek?


Is she not considered innocent until proven guilty?


Of course she isn't. Haven't you been paying attention?


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10669
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
You forgot moveon.org and Huffington Post






LOLGOP @LOLGOP

I've been watching Fox News for 1 hour and I'm convinced that President Hillary Clinton is about to be impeached for giving me Mesothelioma.

1:26 PM - Oct 29, 2017
886 886 Replies 13,533 13,533 Retweets 52,861 52,861 likes



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7031
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Fascinating. Yet it doesn't say much of anything at all to prove her innocence. Who's your next source? Newsweek?


Is she not considered innocent until proven guilty?


Of course she isn't. Haven't you been paying attention?

Seriously.

I am someone who has been fairly critical of a few of Clinton's choices since the election (and some from before), and this stuff is just asinine.

I personally love how Trump's campaign manager is charged, and yet according to Trump, it's still all about Hillary.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10669
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Fascinating. Yet it doesn't say much of anything at all to prove her innocence. Who's your next source? Newsweek?


Is she not considered innocent until proven guilty?


Of course she isn't. Haven't you been paying attention?

Seriously.

I am someone who has been fairly critical of a few of Clinton's choices since the election (and some from before), and this stuff is just asinine.

I personally love how Trump's campaign manager is charged, and yet according to Trump, it's still all about Hillary.



It's done for his base of dupedplorables.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16462
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a billionaire putting his money where his mouth is.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vyew9k1b2GU" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
no justice, no peace.
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18357



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Fascinating. Yet it doesn't say much of anything at all to prove her innocence. Who's your next source? Newsweek?


Is she not considered innocent until proven guilty?


Of course she isn't. Haven't you been paying attention?

Seriously.

I am someone who has been fairly critical of a few of Clinton's choices since the election (and some from before), and this stuff is just asinine.

I personally love how Trump's campaign manager is charged, and yet according to Trump, it's still all about Hillary.


"You don't have to discredit her ideas, if you can discredit her."

They're starting to try and blame Obama for the dossier too.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10669
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/01/17 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Flynn indicted.

LOCK HIM UP Laughing



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4895



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/01/17 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Oh Holy Fuck"


http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/845c2e84f3/o-holy-fuck



Laughing



_________________
neverthless she persisted
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16462
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/01/17 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

michael flynn wrote:
“If I did a tenth of what (hillary) did, I would be in jail today.”


you said it, bud.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17517



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/01/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel it's just a matter of time now.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16462
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/01/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I feel it's just a matter of time now.


well, what we do know is this is especially bad for trump because he's got the whole weekend now to commit suicide by twitter.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 8953



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/01/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I feel it's just a matter of time now.


well, what we do know is this is especially bad for trump because he's got the whole weekend now to commit suicide by twitter.





_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 508
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/02/17 4:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Article by Ezra Klein:

Does the American political system have a remedy if we elect the wrong person to be president? There are clear answers if we elect a criminal, or if the president falls into a coma. But what if we just make a hiring mistake, as companies do all the time? What if we elect someone who proves himself or herself unfit for office — impulsive, conspiratorial, undisciplined, destructive, cruel?



https://www.vox.com/2017/11/30/16517022/impeachment-donald-trump


sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16462
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/02/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
well, what we do know is this is especially bad for trump because he's got the whole weekend now to commit suicide by twitter.


see? didn't take long. he'll keep digging that grave.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/02/politics/trump-tweet-flynn-firing-fbi-reaction/index.html



_________________
no justice, no peace.
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16462
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/03/17 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and here's the really stupid thing: trump's personal lawyer, john dowd, apparently crafted that tweet.

suicide by twitter, for sure.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/362967-trump-tweet-on-firing-flynn-for-lying-to-fbi-was-authored-by-trumps



_________________
no justice, no peace.
scullyfu



Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 8524
Location: Niagara Falls


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/03/17 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
and here's the really stupid thing: trump's personal lawyer, john dowd, apparently crafted that tweet.

suicide by twitter, for sure.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/362967-trump-tweet-on-firing-flynn-for-lying-to-fbi-was-authored-by-trumps



the hill is notorious for their click bait headlines. and anyone who believes that the doofus Dowd wrote that is sadly mistaken.



_________________
i'll always bleed Storm green.
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16462
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/03/17 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
sambista wrote:
and here's the really stupid thing: trump's personal lawyer, john dowd, apparently crafted that tweet.

suicide by twitter, for sure.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/362967-trump-tweet-on-firing-flynn-for-lying-to-fbi-was-authored-by-trumps



the hill is notorious for their click bait headlines. and anyone who believes that the doofus Dowd wrote that is sadly mistaken.


ok, how 'bout this?

the washington post wrote:
Update: The Post is now reporting that the tweet was authored by Trump's personal lawyer, John Dowd, according to two people familiar with the situation. The fact that Dowd authored the tweet could limit its salience to the investigation, but the White House still hasn't publicly corrected anything.


abc news wrote:
Dowd told ABC News he wrote those words and had done so in a "sloppy" manner. A second source familiar with the matter corroborated his account.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4895



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/03/17 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate to ask, but how can anyone believe anything that comes out of Washington these days? There is so much lying and covering up going on that it's very difficult for me to sort it all out.

Is it better or worse for the asshole in the White House that his lawyer authored the tweet? How long before he is fired? And then goes before Mueller?

How many of the tweets really come from the @realDonaldTrump? How many are really authored by someone other bumbling asshole?

Will we ever know?



_________________
neverthless she persisted
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7031
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/03/17 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Is it better or worse for the asshole in the White House that his lawyer authored the tweet? How long before he is fired? And then goes before Mueller?

Lawyers are bound by confidentially, unless somehow they were directly involved in a criminal conspiracy. So there is approximately zero risk that he would end up in front of Mueller.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
scullyfu



Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 8524
Location: Niagara Falls


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/03/17 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
sambista wrote:
and here's the really stupid thing: trump's personal lawyer, john dowd, apparently crafted that tweet.

suicide by twitter, for sure.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/362967-trump-tweet-on-firing-flynn-for-lying-to-fbi-was-authored-by-trumps



the hill is notorious for their click bait headlines. and anyone who believes that the doofus Dowd wrote that is sadly mistaken.


ok, how 'bout this?

the washington post wrote:
Update: The Post is now reporting that the tweet was authored by Trump's personal lawyer, John Dowd, according to two people familiar with the situation. The fact that Dowd authored the tweet could limit its salience to the investigation, but the White House still hasn't publicly corrected anything.


abc news wrote:
Dowd told ABC News he wrote those words and had done so in a "sloppy" manner. A second source familiar with the matter corroborated his account.


and just who are the two unnamed sources? sounds like a WH spin number after someone (Dowd?) found out 45'd just admitted to obstruction.

one tipoff: what qualified attorney would use 'pled' instead of 'pleaded'? a small detail, but the overwhelming majority of attorneys follow the SCOTUS lead & would use pleaded.

nope, it was 45 who wrote the tweet; although he does have stunt tweeters who try to sound like him. its easy to differentiate between 45 & his ghost tweeters. Smile



_________________
i'll always bleed Storm green.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4895



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/03/17 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Is it better or worse for the asshole in the White House that his lawyer authored the tweet? How long before he is fired? And then goes before Mueller?

Lawyers are bound by confidentially, unless somehow they were directly involved in a criminal conspiracy. So there is approximately zero risk that he would end up in front of Mueller.


I guess I was thinking that when the asshole fires him that he decides to spill his guts and tell Mueller that he lied about authoring the tweet.

I don't know. I get so confused!!!!!



_________________
neverthless she persisted
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7031
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/03/17 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Is it better or worse for the asshole in the White House that his lawyer authored the tweet? How long before he is fired? And then goes before Mueller?

Lawyers are bound by confidentially, unless somehow they were directly involved in a criminal conspiracy. So there is approximately zero risk that he would end up in front of Mueller.


I guess I was thinking that when the asshole fires him that he decides to spill his guts and tell Mueller that he lied about authoring the tweet.

I don't know. I get so confused!!!!!

Only if the lawyer wants to get disbarred. As fun as the thought is, for the lawyer to come forward he would either be breaking lawyer-client confidentially or be admitting to participating in a criminal conspiracy. Either would end the lawyer's career.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16462
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/04/17 4:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i don't even know which thread to post this in!

say what you will about the author . . .

billy bush wrote:
He said it. “Grab ’em by the pussy.”

Of course he said it. And we laughed along, without a single doubt that this was hypothetical hot air from America’s highest-rated bloviator. Along with Donald Trump and me, there were seven other guys present on the bus at the time, and every single one of us assumed we were listening to a crass standup act. He was performing. Surely, we thought, none of this was real.

We now know better.


https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/opinion/billy-bush-trump-access-hollywood-tape.html



_________________
no justice, no peace.
scullyfu



Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 8524
Location: Niagara Falls


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/04/17 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

from Mike McFaul, Stanford Professor (1995-now); former U.S. Ambassador to Russia (2012-2014); former Special Assistant to the President at National Security Council (2009-2012):

Trump has tweeted 36,500 times. To the best of my knowledge, yesterday's tweet -- the one adding evidence to his possible obstruction of justice -- is the first time ever that someone else claimed to write a tweet for him. Just a coincidence?



_________________
i'll always bleed Storm green.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6729



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/04/17 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
from Mike McFaul, Stanford Professor (1995-now); former U.S. Ambassador to Russia (2012-2014); former Special Assistant to the President at National Security Council (2009-2012):

Trump has tweeted 36,500 times. To the best of my knowledge, yesterday's tweet -- the one adding evidence to his possible obstruction of justice -- is the first time ever that someone else claimed to write a tweet for him. Just a coincidence?


It probably is damage control. But, although I don't think it was ever acknowledged that someone else tweets under his account,during the campaign it was observed that (I don't know how you tell this) if the tweet came from an Android device it was mean and nasty, and if it came from an iPhone it was polite. It was suspected that the Android tweets were from Trump and the iPhone tweets were from a staffer.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6729



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/04/17 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are a lot of people on CNN each night saying things like "by indicting Manafort Meuller is tightening the noose on Trump and associates" and "by igoing easy on Flynn we know that Meuller is getting a lot of valuable information about higher ups and Russian collusion from Flynn". But this writer, while saying that It Is Now an Obstruction Investigation, also says that Mueller, if he had collusion charges to ultimately bring, would get Papadapolous and Flynn to plead guilty to that very same charge of collusion and then cut a deal on that charge. That is, you don't let them plead to something that is different than the charges you want them to testify about in court.


sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16462
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/05/17 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/05/donald-trump-bank-records-handed-over-robert-mueller

the guardian wrote:
Donald Trump’s personal banking information has formally been turned over to Robert Mueller, the special prosecutor who is investigating whether the president’s campaign conspired with the Kremlin during the 2016 presidential election.

Bloomberg reported early on Tuesday that Deutsche Bank, the German bank that serves as Trump’s biggest lender, had been forced to submit documents about its client relationship with the president after Mueller issued the bank with a subpoena for information.

The new revelation makes it clear that Mueller and his team are investigating the president’s financial transactions. It is not clear whether Mueller is interested in the bank accounts because they are connected to the Russia probe or if he is investigating another matter.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
scullyfu



Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 8524
Location: Niagara Falls


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/05/17 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
There are a lot of people on CNN each night saying things like "by indicting Manafort Meuller is tightening the noose on Trump and associates" and "by igoing easy on Flynn we know that Meuller is getting a lot of valuable information about higher ups and Russian collusion from Flynn". But this writer, while saying that It Is Now an Obstruction Investigation, also says that Mueller, if he had collusion charges to ultimately bring, would get Papadapolous and Flynn to plead guilty to that very same charge of collusion and then cut a deal on that charge. That is, you don't let them plead to something that is different than the charges you want them to testify about in court.


I have total trust in Bobby 3 Sticks; he knows exactly what he's doing.



_________________
i'll always bleed Storm green.
scullyfu



Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 8524
Location: Niagara Falls


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/05/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/05/donald-trump-bank-records-handed-over-robert-mueller

the guardian wrote:
Donald Trump’s personal banking information has formally been turned over to Robert Mueller, the special prosecutor who is investigating whether the president’s campaign conspired with the Kremlin during the 2016 presidential election.

Bloomberg reported early on Tuesday that Deutsche Bank, the German bank that serves as Trump’s biggest lender, had been forced to submit documents about its client relationship with the president after Mueller issued the bank with a subpoena for information.

The new revelation makes it clear that Mueller and his team are investigating the president’s financial transactions. It is not clear whether Mueller is interested in the bank accounts because they are connected to the Russia probe or if he is investigating another matter.


this is where we're going to see if 45 actually tries to fire Mueller. 45 said if the investigation started looking at his financials, that was the red line in the sand. btw, Mueller subpoenaed for the financial docs in July & has had those documents from Deutsch Bank for a while. trust in Mueller.



_________________
i'll always bleed Storm green.
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10669
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/18 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

just a reminder, the Woodchipper of Justice grinds on...

Malcolm Nance, who has been out in front of this whole thing, still thinks March will be the time.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin