RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/13/17 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's her point?

PostPosted: 09/13/17 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
The few. The proud. The dupedplorables.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/08/trump_s_bigoted_base_by_the_numbers.html

Do you like white supremacists? When you remove the Klan/Nazi references and ask people what they think of groups that advocate racial superiority, people who approve of Trump’s job performance again stand out. In the Marist poll, Trump approvers are slightly more likely than whites—5 percent versus 3 percent—to say that they mostly agree with “the white supremacy movement.” In the PPP survey, 7 percent of Trump voters say they have a favorable opinion of “white supremacists,” compared to 4 percent of whites and 1 percent of Clinton voters. In the Morning Consult poll, 7 percent of whites and 9 percent of Republicans express a favorable view of white supremacists. Among strong Trump approvers, that number shoots up to 15 percent.

This article is BS from the very first paragraph. He never said there were "fine people" with the neo-Nazis. There were good people protesting the statue removal, which I'm sure was true since most Americans are against it. And he never said there was "bigotry on many sides". He said there was violence and blame on both sides, which there was. Although I'd expect you to agree with this. It's not like facts matter to people like you. And I like how you like to call other people racist when your signature for your profile is inherently racist.

PostPosted: 09/13/17 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
What's her point?

Kind of slow, eh?

PostPosted: 09/14/17 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/08/trump_s_bigoted_base_by_the_numbers.html

Do you like white supremacists? When you remove the Klan/Nazi references and ask people what they think of groups that advocate racial superiority, people who approve of Trump’s job performance again stand out. In the Marist poll, Trump approvers are slightly more likely than whites—5 percent versus 3 percent—to say that they mostly agree with “the white supremacy movement.” In the PPP survey, 7 percent of Trump voters say they have a favorable opinion of “white supremacists,” compared to 4 percent of whites and 1 percent of Clinton voters. In the Morning Consult poll, 7 percent of whites and 9 percent of Republicans express a favorable view of white supremacists. Among strong Trump approvers, that number shoots up to 15 percent.

This article is BS from the very first paragraph. He never said there were "fine people" with the neo-Nazis. There were good people protesting the statue removal, which I'm sure was true since most Americans are against it. And he never said there was "bigotry on many sides". He said there was violence and blame on both sides, which there was. Although I'd expect you to agree with this. It's not like facts matter to people like you. And I like how you like to call other people racist when your signature for your profile is inherently racist.

Link the scientific polls, please. Thanks.

PostPosted: 09/14/17 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
What's her point?

Kind of slow, eh?

Yeah. Still waiting.

PostPosted: 09/14/17 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Indeed.

PostPosted: 09/14/17 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/21/polls-shows-majority-of-americans-think-confederate-statues-should-remain
I mean, come on. The poll's only been around for a month now. One of many with similar results. Try getting your information from someplace other then Slate, Huffington Post and Think Progress every once in a while. Sheesh.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/14/17 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most people don't care that much, which is not reflected in the poll. Presented with a simple binary, yes/no, on removal most people say keep the status quo. But when you consider that a widely publicized rally in favor of keeping the one in Charlottesville drew fewer people than the Mystics game just up the road in Washington on the same night, the logical conclusion is that it's not a big deal to the majority of people.

PostPosted: 09/14/17 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point, some of Trump's supporters are going to want impeachment. They didn't vote for him to push through an amnesty and continue to defer building a wall.

Howee

PostPosted: 09/14/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
At this point, some of Trump's supporters are going to want impeachment. They didn't vote for him to push through an amnesty and continue to defer building a wall.

Yaa, prolly not.

He could grab a black gay Muslim woman by the pussy. On live TV. Twice. THEY'D still adore him, venerate him, and elect him King of The World. Razz

PostPosted: 09/14/17 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:

Yaa, prolly not.

He could grab a black gay Muslim woman by the pussy. On live TV. Twice. THEY'D still adore him, venerate him, and elect him King of The World. Razz

Some might. But the ones who have illegal immigration as their number one issue are not pleased. He's lucky that even most Republicans like or condone illegal immigration. I have heard "undocumented" used by folks on Fox News.

Howee

PostPosted: 09/14/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
It's not like facts matter to people like you.

....and then, there's the people for whom REALITY doesn't matter, eh Shades? Cool Cool

PostPosted: 09/14/17 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/21/polls-shows-majority-of-americans-think-confederate-statues-should-remain
I mean, come on. The poll's only been around for a month now. One of many with similar results. Try getting your information from someplace other then Slate, Huffington Post and Think Progress every once in a while. Sheesh.

I asked for a poll because I never saw one and didn't know what the numbers were. I asked for a scientific one because I feared some bs FUX NEWS or Breitbart "poll" might be offered.

Do you really think those sites you listed would avoid disseminating that poll's results?

Do you visit The Guardian much? If so, then you're a very unusual Trump voter and know how deep in the shit he is and that it's just a matter of time.

PostPosted: 09/14/17 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Supporters, resisters. You guys are missing the much bigger picture. His poll numbers. Historically low now, if he keeps working across the aisle and chalking up actual progress, those numbers are going to come up. If he can be impeached because of a treasonous act or for some other high crime or abuse of power, he will be impeached or forced to resign. Groups out on the fringes aren't going to influence any of that. Nancy Pelosi today said she trusts Trump on DACA. TRUSTS him. Nancy Pelosi said this! I heard and saw her say it. There are a lot of huge issues in the pipeline that mean the WORLD to Democracts. Trump is about one or two more of these deals away from becoming what is essentially the Democratic Party's Manchurian candidate. And ALL those rust belt and industrial base working and middle class voters who put Trump in the White House will be looking over at the establishment media, lib'rals, Republican granny starters as well as the Breitbart wing of political hyper-zealotry and saying, "See this? That's a big middle finger to you all. Trump's our guy. We told you so." And if there are any resisters left, Chuck and Nancy are going to be there to say, "Sit down and shut up, Trump is OUR guy, too." Until 2020 of course. But if Trump escapes removal from office and his poll numbers come up and the world finds he actually prefers enough Democratic polices to achieve what the public views as a bipartisan effectiveness, and jobs are good and the markets are okay with it all, we could be looking at a second term. People look at the extremists. Obviously some folks have missed the Trump voters the networks have focus grouped. They all say essentially the same thing. They want Trump to start acting presidential and get something done. Stop embarrassing himself and the country. The Pittsburgh group I think CNN did was amazing. One guy said, it's not even a question of him acting presidential, he's not even acting PROFESSIONAL. lol. Right now a lot of Trump voters are embarrassed and they don't want to feel embarrassed. They want their choice to start looking like it was the right choice and not the worst choice for president ever made by the American people. Politically? I don't even know what Trump's Breitbart 'base' wants. They want him to probably start arresting members of the news media or something. lol. Certainly they wanted him to throw the Dreamers out of the country but, as Trump's campaign song warns, "You cain't always git, what you wa'ont. "

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 09/15/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvDSf333fFo

May 3rd, 1974

PostPosted: 09/18/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

.....Let's hope he talks.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/351268-nyt-mueller-warned-manafort-to-expect-an-indictment

PostPosted: 09/19/17 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An easy way to keep track of all the Trump-Russia stuff

https://investigaterussia.org/

PostPosted: 09/22/17 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.ft.com/content/de59ab54-9f03-11e7-8cd4-932067fbf946

Facebook will release to Congress the content of several thousand ads purchased by Russian operatives during the US election campaign after coming under criticism from lawmakers for holding back facts about Moscow’s use of social media.

PostPosted: 09/24/17 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sweet....now the asshole has taken on the NFL.

PostPosted: 09/24/17 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

He's still bitter that they wouldn't approve him as an owner 30 years ago

PostPosted: 09/24/17 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

And the NBA...NBA players were having none of it though...Lebron especially. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/24/17 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

See, he actually IS a uniter.

It's pretty damn hard to bring together NFL owners, Commissioner and players, but he's done it.

Maybe next is Israelis and Palestinians.

Shocked Razz

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/24/17 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

And the NBA...NBA players were having none of it though...Lebron especially. Laughing

I particularly liked LeBron's tweet - " Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!"

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/24/17 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another one of the reasons I stopped posting here was this feeling that I had finally grown, if grown is the right word, just too out of touch. I had political feelings based on my reading of what was and is going on in the country. I, for instance, thought that Trump might very well win the election. But reading what was being written and said, it was pretty easy to start questioning whether my take on things had just gotten old and stale. The New York Times, famously, had this election meter thing and coming down the stretch (all year, basically) had Trump at somewhere between 15% and down to having a single digit chance of winning. But other than for just a few weeks after the Access Hollywood tape coming out, I pretty much was convinced Trump was going to win.

So, here I am again. Looks like you guys are celebrating Trump's finally biting off more than he can chew, Steph and Lebron and now Roger Goodell, but I've been out here wanting the Steelers to pick up patient zero Colin Kapernick as a QB for the future and sort of guaging how that proposition does or doesn't float in my (old) world and I'm looking at this weekend and thinking hmm, let's just see how this all goes down in America. Shocked I should add that I don't see how anyone can be pleased that this is happening and now. For all of us, all of our sakes, Trump should never have gone here. This is some devisive shit right here. But I'm just sayin', I'm not looking for this to turn out the way people might be expecting it to.

The hypocrisy of the NFL itself, commish and owners, is stunning. Fucking get Kapernick on a roster if you're that pure on this issue. It's not like Donald Trump fired the guy from his career as an NFL player and their own ongoing intransigence isn't what has kept this thing going and helped bring us to this moment.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/24/17 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Another one of the reasons I stopped posting here was this feeling that I had finally grown, if grown is the right word, just too out of touch. I had political feelings based on my reading of what was and is going on in the country. I, for instance, thought that Trump might very well win the election. But reading what was being written and said, it was pretty easy to start questioning whether my take on things had just gotten old and stale. The New York Times, famously, had this election meter thing and coming down the stretch (all year, basically) had Trump at somewhere between 15% and down to having a single digit chance of winning. But other than for just a few weeks after the Access Hollywood tape coming out, I pretty much was convinced Trump was going to win.

So, here I am again. Looks like you guys are celebrating Trump's finally biting off more than he can chew, Steph and Lebron and now Roger Goodell, but I've been out here wanting the Steelers to pick up patient zero Colin Kapernick as a QB for the future and sort of guaging how that proposition does or doesn't float in my (old) world and I'm looking at this weekend and thinking hmm, let's just see how this all goes down in America. Shocked I should add that I don't see how anyone can be pleased that this is happening and now. For all of us, all of our sakes, Trump should never have gone here. This is some devisive shit right here. But I'm just sayin', I'm not looking for this to turn out the way people might be expecting it to.

The hypocrisy of the NFL itself, commish and owners, is stunning. Fucking get Kapernick on a roster if you're that pure on this issue. It's not like Donald Trump fired the guy from his career as an NFL player and their own ongoing intransigence isn't what has kept this thing going and helped bring us to this moment.

I'm not glad he did it, and I doubt it's going to turn out the way most of the posters here evidently think it will.

Unfortunately I think Trump completely understands the state of the nation and that a majority or close to a majority actually agrees with him in substance if not in form or approach on this issue, and disagrees with the players, at least in form and perhaps in substance.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to ridicule him for being such an embarrassing blowhard.

By the way, I think Kapernick doesn't have a job because he's not that good. The next time an NFL owner doesn't hire a player who can help his team regardless of what he has said or done will be the first. Kapernick has just become a handy "martyr".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 7 of 43

Jump to: