RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/13/19 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least we got to hear him whine about not being included in foreign policy decisions.

Another useless windbag who not only didn't even talk to the President, but never had a firsthand account of the phone call.

When asked by Ratcliffe what impeachable offense he thought was committed, no answer. Then, after Schiff attempts to intervene, "I would like to say I’m not here to do anything having to do with deciding about impeachment. That is not what either of us are here for. This is your job."

He's not there to do anything having to do with deciding about impeachment. I'm pretty sure that's exactly why he was there. Was there any other reason? This was the guy some people were all excited about?

justintyme

PostPosted: 11/13/19 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man those mental gymnastics must get exhausting.

The testimony today was devastating to Trump, and this was only day one. I have no doubt that the GOP won't vote to remove Trump, but it's very clear that Trump is going to be impeached. It's should also be clear that the Democrats are taking this seriously, with questions designed to get at what the witnesses know rather than political grandstanding. So often in these hearings the politicians will talk at the witnesses rather than actually let them tell their stories in their own words.

The Republicans are clearly willing to put Party ahead of country and will vote against removal, but it's nice to know that history will condemn them for their actions as an objective viewing of the facts leaves little doubt what happened. Future generations will look back upon them as embarrassments.

PostPosted: 11/13/19 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Democrats impeach and fail to win a conviction, it will all but guarantee a second term for Trump.

If you come at the king, you best not miss.

PostPosted: 11/13/19 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
If the Democrats impeach and fail to win a conviction, it will all but guarantee a second term for Trump.

Couldn't disagree more. I have no doubt the senate will fail epically, but (enough!) Americans are brighter than those days of yore, when Kings ruled with tyranny.

I'm seeing more and more former Trumpettes chagrinned with the idiocy of the GOP.

PostPosted: 11/14/19 2:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

It all depends on where the public falls. Right now the public is split with a very slight majority favoring impeachment/removal. If as the evidence comes out that majority expands it could actually harm the Republicans for not removing someone that the public feels deserves it. In that case not only would it hurt Trump in 2020, it could also give the Democrats a chance to flip the Senate, which right now is somewhat of a longshot.

When considering this historically, remember that the Clinton impeachment was very unpopular and had little support. This is why Pelosi didn't move to impeach over the Mueller investigation. The Ukraine situation, however, has a lot more evidence that directly ties to Trump and it is has a much more focused message that can be relayed as to how what he did was wrong. The Democrats were smart to lay off impeachment with the much weaker hand and then go all in with a strong one that the Republicans are struggling to counter.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/14/19 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Man those mental gymnastics must get exhausting.

The testimony today was devastating to Trump, and this was only day one. I have no doubt that the GOP won't vote to remove Trump, but it's very clear that Trump is going to be impeached. It's should also be clear that the Democrats are taking this seriously, with questions designed to get at what the witnesses know rather than political grandstanding. So often in these hearings the politicians will talk at the witnesses rather than actually let them tell their stories in their own words.

The Republicans are clearly willing to put Party ahead of country and will vote against removal, but it's nice to know that history will condemn them for their actions as an objective viewing of the facts leaves little doubt what happened. Future generations will look back upon them as embarrassments.

Worse than McCarthy, hopefully. They really are traitors.

PostPosted: 11/15/19 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8wVjFFPh7R0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sambista

PostPosted: 11/15/19 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

testimony of the phone call between sondland and trump is out now (cnn), and multiple people heard the convo (because trump was talking so fucking loud that sondland held the phone away from his ear). no more second hands. multiple first hands.

y'all gotta find the conversation on your own. i just have four words:

trump is so toast.

and how stupid was it to be talking to the president out in the open? that's what you get, dumb fuck, for inserting non-professionals in professional arenas. duh!

Last edited by sambista on 11/15/19 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/15/19 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8wVjFFPh7R0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just when you think that Trump couldn't be a bigger prick than you already think he is...he always takes it to a new, lower level.

And the republicans that stand behind him are as horrible, if not worse. It's truly mind blowing.

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
sambista

PostPosted: 11/15/19 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Embassy Official Confirms Trump Asked About Ukraine Investigations

the new york times wrote:
Mr. Sondland told Mr. Trump that President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine “loves your ass,” and would conduct the investigations and “anything you ask him to,” according to two of the people, who described his testimony on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss it.

After the call ended, Mr. Holmes asked it if was true that the president did not care about Ukraine, the people said. The ambassador replied that Mr. Trump cared only about the “big stuff,” like investigations that his personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was pushing for, because they affected him personally.

Some details of the conversation were first reported by CNN.

toast!

PostPosted: 11/15/19 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xbCu8cD4XeA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/15/19 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As Sarah Kendzior says, it's a trans-national crime syndicate masquerading as a government.

PostPosted: 11/15/19 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
As Sarah Kendzior says, it's a trans-national crime syndicate masquerading as a government.

i saved this because it's so true:

"these guys are shady, but at least they’re incompetent."
- rep. sean patrick maloney (d-ny)

and btw, trump said he "hardly knows the gentleman." right. somebody you barely know would say to you the ukraine president "loves your ass." right.

there's more. here's trump doing what he does so well - slipping other shit by us while we're distracted:

Trump Clears Three Service Members in War Crimes Cases

PostPosted: 11/15/19 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What was the point of Rep. Stefanik's time? All I heard her do was repeat a bunch of news sources quoting the same/similar Shiff statement.

It was annoyingly bewildering. All it made me think of was how many times Trump said that he would release his taxes. I have no idea what she was going for.

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
Howee

PostPosted: 11/15/19 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
....and btw, trump said he "hardly knows the gentleman."

Of course. Like he "hardly knew" Lev 'n Igor (Guiliani's Shrek wannabe accomplices), Stormy Daniels, etc.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 11/16/19 3:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
What was the point of Rep. Stefanik's time? All I heard her do was repeat a bunch of news sources quoting the same/similar Shiff statement.

It was annoyingly bewildering. All it made me think of was how many times Trump said that he would release his taxes. I have no idea what she was going for.

i can't tell if you're really asking, but . . . her goal was to get those articles entered into the record. other reps had previously requested that news articles they cited be entered into the record - most of them quoting schiff saying the whistleblower would appear before the committee. for some reason - i don't know the rules of order - stefanik wasn't allowed to make those requests, as some of the other reps were. so she just read excerpts of the articles instead, which effectively got the words into the record.

Rolling Eyes yes, annoying as hell.

and speaking of hell, that's the destination for a whole bunch of these people, who have abandoned truth and decorum to the point of abrogating their rights to live in a civil society.

PostPosted: 11/16/19 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

i can't tell if you're really asking, but . . . her goal was to get those articles entered into the record. other reps had previously requested that news articles they cited be entered into the record - most of them quoting schiff saying the whistleblower would appear before the committee. for some reason - i don't know the rules of order - stefanik wasn't allowed to make those requests, as some of the other reps were. so she just read excerpts of the articles instead, which effectively got the words into the record.

Rolling Eyes yes, annoying as hell.

and speaking of hell, that's the destination for a whole bunch of these people, who have abandoned truth and decorum to the point of abrogating their rights to live in a civil society.

Thank you. That did answer my question. I was running errands yesterday and in and out of my car. I missed large chunks of it and came back to her reading citations from newspapers that seemed to have no purpose other than to annoy me. (I'm guessing that might be the first post-election success she's had in politics. Smile )

Now my next question is, what does it matter if Schiff said that the whistleblower would appear before the committee and hasn't yet? #1 - This thing isn't over. #2 - So what if the whistleblower doesn't apper? It wouldn't be the first time someone in politics said that something would be done and it wasn't.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/17/19 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For any of you who missed it, Miss Nancy most eloquently clarified the reasons for the big "Why?" questions that might haunt those who ponder the importance of impeachment. She simply rocks. Cool

PostPosted: 11/18/19 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
For any of you who missed it, Miss Nancy most eloquently clarified the reasons for the big "Why?" questions that might haunt those who ponder the importance of impeachment. She simply rocks. Cool

she really does. not nearly enough credit given her for her prudence and foresight, among other attributes. had schiff not pulled that reckless stunt of reciting a made-up transcript dialogue, i'd say those two make a perfect pair against this pestilence of a presidency.

PostPosted: 11/18/19 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
Howee wrote:

she really does. not nearly enough credit given her for her prudence and foresight, among other attributes. had schiff not pulled that reckless stunt of reciting a made-up transcript dialogue, i'd say those two make a perfect pair against this pestilence of a presidency.

Nah. Schiff has been great. Fuck Republicans.

PostPosted: 11/19/19 4:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
sambista wrote:
Howee wrote:

Nah. Schiff has been great. Fuck Republicans.

see? the moment you say that, you leave an opening for attack. what he did was stupid, and i'm sure he regrets that misstep. it ran counter to every other measured act and word of his.

PostPosted: 11/19/19 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Schiff's libelous accusations say a lot about the credibility of this entire impeachment inquiry. They're already making moves to go back to the Mueller investigation when this all goes south.

Cthskzfn's comment says all you need to know about him. The facts don't matter because hate is the only thing that's important.

Is winning at the ballot box on ideas just old hat nowadays?

sambista

PostPosted: 11/19/19 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

next, please.

PostPosted: 11/19/19 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Schiff's libelous accusations say a lot about the credibility of this entire impeachment inquiry. They're already making moves to go back to the Mueller investigation when this all goes south.

Cthskzfn's comment says all you need to know about him. The facts don't matter because hate is the only thing that's important.

Is winning at the ballot box on ideas just old hat nowadays?

Wow, you totally hit the nail on the head there. You just totally described Trump, possibly better than anyone else here. Facts don't matter to Trump - never have, never will. Trump hates everyone who isn't white, male, American or who he thinks can get him what he wants. Trump's only concern is 'winning' regardless of what crimes he and Rudy have to commit to get it done.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/19/19 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sure hope Vindman relaxes soon. He sounds like he's about to pee his pants.

Of course, I'd probably pass out if I was appearing before a congressional committee that was being broadcast to the world!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 28 of 43

Jump to: