RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/24/19 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
There is so much evidence... Hard to believe Trump people prefer to dance with Russians than the USA.

Doesn't it seem like if Mueller had so much evidence that Trump is in collusion with Russia that he wouldn't have taken his time to release it and/or would have leaked that he has it? "The president is colluding with Russia" doesn't seem like something he would want to keep to himself.

Hard to believe Trump people prefer to dance with Russians than the USA.

This is trolling.

My guess is most here wouldn't consider it to be, and could find actual examples of it.

Regardless, banning for it goes beyond the pale.

X __________________________

Unbelievable.

Really, explain?

What if I asked you something that assumes something that you would find terrible or toxic to who you are? You post a political opinion that has NOTHING to do with them or their lives, and they sub-tweet refer/suggest that you are loyal to Russia. lol. After asking them if voting for Trump was 'worth it." Or asking me if I'm going to vote for Trump again. lol. Come on, people. Bring your phony shit to me today my shredder is turned ON.

PostPosted: 02/24/19 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Really, explain?

Okay. By comparative analysis, from "The Wall" thread:

jammerbirdi wrote:
I'm sorry. Laughing First, I have to chuckle for about ten hours. Gimme a minute.

The very direct implication in that post was, "You who've posted anything contrary to what I, Jammer, have declared as my Californian Truth make me laugh in derision."

Now. Maybe that's not what you meant. Maybe we could poll other posters in that thread as to how they interpreted it. But, just as you accuse in cthskzfn's alleged 'trolling', WE ALL KNOW PRINTED TEXT CAN CARRY A LOT OF NUANCE AND INNUENDO.

I certainly felt *trolled*. I have no 'power buttons', though. Like most here, I'm left to merely ignore.

PostPosted: 02/24/19 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to agree with the others that Husky fan's comments should not be taken as trolling. When talking about political issues there needs to be some tolerance of the comments of others. Unless I am missing something the comments were relating to "Trump people" You have made clear you don't consider yourself to be one so the comments are not directed at you. I know that there can be situations where comments can be made more generally or where, in the heat of a back and forth, criticisms can be taken personally (and even directed that way). But in a blatantly political thread where emotions run high I believe that more discretion should be given.

I also remember that Husky fan was previously censured. Still, banning him from the entire site just as we are moving into the height of the college season seems overly harsh and a detriment to the board as a whole. I urge you to reconsider.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/24/19 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
Really, explain?

Okay. By comparative analysis, from "The Wall" thread:

jammerbirdi wrote:
I'm sorry. Laughing First, I have to chuckle for about ten hours. Gimme a minute.

The very direct implication in that post was, "You who've posted anything contrary to what I, Jammer, have declared as my Californian Truth make me laugh in derision."

Now. Maybe that's not what you meant. Maybe we could poll other posters in that thread as to how they interpreted it. But, just as you accuse in cthskzfn's alleged 'trolling', WE ALL KNOW PRINTED TEXT CAN CARRY A LOT OF NUANCE AND INNUENDO.

I certainly felt *trolled*. I have no 'power buttons', though. Like most here, I'm left to merely ignore.

And saying I had to chuckle with no reference to you or the including of any quote from you is the same as applying the subtext to someone's opinion that they're siding with Russia w/a quote from that person? That they're traitors to their own country? So you really don't see the difference? Or are you going to stick to something about all of this being open to interpretation? Well I'm here to interpret, Howie. Maybe you don't see this poster following certain posters around Rebkell's attaching toxic suggestions to their voicing of their opinions here? Was voting for Trump worth it? Are you going to vote for Trump again? I really thought you voted for Trump.

Trolling.

PostPosted: 02/24/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I have to agree with the others that Husky fan's comments should not be taken as trolling. When talking about political issues there needs to be some tolerance of the comments of others. Unless I am missing something the comments were relating to "Trump people" You have made clear you don't consider yourself to be one so the comments are not directed at you. I know that there can be situations where comments can be made more generally or where, in the heat of a back and forth, criticisms can be taken personally (and even directed that way). But in a blatantly political thread where emotions run high I believe that more discretion should be given.

I also remember that Husky fan was previously censured. Still, banning him from the entire site just as we are moving into the height of the college season seems overly harsh and a detriment to the board as a whole. I urge you to reconsider.

First, how do you know anyone was banned? Second, that's an interesting perspective you've voiced here. I would suggest, however, that it doesn't reflect the realities of what has been going on at all and doesn't take into account the toxic online environment as it exists around political issues in this era. We're not there anymore. But I appreciate your input.

PostPosted: 02/24/19 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
There is so much evidence... Hard to believe Trump people prefer to dance with Russians than the USA.

Doesn't it seem like if Mueller had so much evidence that Trump is in collusion with Russia that he wouldn't have taken his time to release it and/or would have leaked that he has it? "The president is colluding with Russia" doesn't seem like something he would want to keep to himself.

This is trolling.

Its the truth.

What does it mean?

insidewinder

PostPosted: 02/24/19 10:50 pm    ::: Hmmm Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

First, how do you know anyone was banned? Second, that's an interesting perspective you've voiced here. I would suggest, however, that it doesn't reflect the realities of what has been going on at all and doesn't take into account the toxic online environment as it exists around political issues in this era. We're not there anymore. But I appreciate your input.

I have no idea if anyone was banned or not, but to me you either allow a politics board to get a little heated, as long as nobody is downright name calling like you are a ^#$#$ kind of thing, or you do not have the politics board on the site. Mild derision or "trolling" on a politics board is not a big deal. Banning or warning someone for it kinda is. I also don't think mods should post if they are too into what they are posting about. Hard for anyone to be objective if they get entangled in threads and it feels personal. But I hardly post here so what I think probably doesn't matter much.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/24/19 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

This is trolling.

Of all the times we've had trolling here, this is the one you're calling out?

#NATC

PostPosted: 02/25/19 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the idea of Area 51 becoming more of a thoughtful place, which has more reasoned arguments and less twitter-style trolly retorts, but I also think that if we're going to change the tone and the way it has been policed for the last 15 years then making everyone aware of it would be a reasonable first step.

PostPosted: 02/25/19 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

This is trolling.

Of all the times we've had trolling here, this is the one you're calling out?

Well, no. That's not an accurate assessment of this on any level, pilight. I think I covered it in this thread but there's others. Find them, read them, understand, or don't bother. Respectfully, it's not my responsibility to make sure that you've been fully briefed and are okay with stuff like this.

PostPosted: 02/25/19 3:51 am    ::: Re: Hmmm Reply Reply with quote

insidewinder wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

I have no idea if anyone was banned or not, but to me you either allow a politics board to get a little heated, as long as nobody is downright name calling like you are a ^#$#$ kind of thing, or you do not have the politics board on the site. Mild derision or "trolling" on a politics board is not a big deal. Banning or warning someone for it kinda is. I also don't think mods should post if they are too into what they are posting about. Hard for anyone to be objective if they get entangled in threads and it feels personal. But I hardly post here so what I think probably doesn't matter much.

We've had a very robust off-topic and often politically so element to this community going back to the late 90s. Through every different message board we were hosted on. Yes, heat is an essential element. And I agree about mild trolling and derision. Stick a pin in that for a minute.

Area 51 is here for the off-topic political stuff and this part of Rebkell's has certainly had its ups and downs. We had an amazing board here many times. 1998 left this place in ruins. But the run up was epic. And in the aftermath a troll set up shop here. It took us forever to remove that person permanently. But it happened and it revitalized this part of Reb's board.

2015-16 were amazing here. These contentious election cycles are great for Area 51, until they end. And that's when we live with the damage that has been done to the community and relationships and civility. I think lately things have begun to get better here, but we have a long way to go. These are toxic times everywhere online politically. I'm committed to paying better attention here on Area 51 as we head into the next couple of years in the hopes that we get this place back to level of amazing we've enjoyed in prior election years.

As creepy as this may sound, all the time that this place has existed, someone has been watching over it, taking its temperature, judging the overall health of this and the WNBA side of the community, and making sure it's all okay, worrying over it, suffering for it, for over 14 years. That would be me. I've had a lot of help over the years and now the job is really on Luuuc. But before iPhones and HD TV and Netflix and so many other rewarding diversions entered my life, the WNBA message board community was my life. And let's be real, the off-topic board was always my main focus.

What I wrote in this thread about this situation is clear. It's also more than anyone here other than Luuuc needs to know.

PostPosted: 02/25/19 4:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I like the idea of Area 51 becoming more of a thoughtful place, which has more reasoned arguments and less twitter-style trolly retorts, but I also think that if we're going to change the tone and the way it has been policed for the last 15 years then making everyone aware of it would be a reasonable first step.

Well, that (bolded) would be amazing and I think we can get there AND, like they say, the journey of a million miles begins with one step and this could be that first step, but...

That all said as far as I'm concerned this is about one poster doing one particular thing. I believe in free speech and I'm loath to make some global statement that people who aren't even close to doing what one person is doing would need to read or bother themselves with. But if you think that's necessary by all means do it.

PostPosted: 02/25/19 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6006546835001/#sp=show-clips

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 02/25/19 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"This is a transnational crime syndicate masquerading as a government." - Sarah Kendzior

https://tunein.com/podcasts/News/AM-Joy-p1007911/?topicId=129512927

Begin at 5:00 to hear Kendzior on Manafort, public knowledge, and "if it's so bad, why hasn't anyone done anything?"

Shades

PostPosted: 02/25/19 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="630" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VF_4zHS6adM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 02/25/19 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/25/19 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maybe we should split things up and have threads that state at the top they are patrolled /controlled by jammer and must abide by his level of appropriateness; and other threads that say 'anything goes' - then when you want to comment on something you can choose which thread best fits what feels right to you.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 02/25/19 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
maybe we should split things up and have threads that state at the top they are patrolled /controlled by jammer and must abide by his level of appropriateness; and other threads that say 'anything goes' - then when you want to comment on something you can choose which thread best fits what feels right to you.

We used to have a board here that labelled "Free for all". Not sure what happened to it.

PostPosted: 02/26/19 2:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I believe the boards here have always been moderated and for a long while they advertised the names of the moderators. Suspending someone has happened in the past, including on the basketball forums.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 02/26/19 8:33 am    ::: Re: Let the impeachment begin Reply Reply with quote

Moderators are human. They all make mistakes.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/26/19 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="630" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FqT9QM7wux8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/26/19 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First, Trump divided the entire United States of America and now he’s divided Rebkell.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/26/19 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="630" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f8tmYU8Mr40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/26/19 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Moderators are human. They all make mistakes.

My big decision for the day here is whether to be funny or serious.

Ay Mate wrote:
First, Trump divided the entire United States of America and now he’s divided Rebkell.

Not touching America in general but if any of you think anything happening here now in any way compares to the internal Democratic Party warefare that occurred on Rebkell’s Area 51 during the 2008 Hillary/Obama primary, let me school you. We were a different board then. We will never be that board again. We have never recovered from that relatively brief period and we never will. A full 3/4 of the most brilliant and interesting people we ever had in this community just disappeared.

What we have here now is one person, me, telling you all, who are voicing criticism now, that you’re wrong. Or I’m working up to that. I’m going to explain what exactly happened here and what went into my doing anything that I might have done, not because I need to, but because I truly feel I want to explain to some people on the internet who really need to hear how things have changed in this world we all live in and how things that didn’t really matter in the past now unfortunately matter a great deal.

I’ve always sought to plant seeds because yes, I am arrogant. But there’s no time any more to plant seeds and then wait and hope for them to sprout and grow. We have run out of time.

Open discussion needs to be protected NOW. People who seek to have open discussions of controversial subjects need to have places where they can have those discussions protected NOW.

And if there’s anyone here who doesn’t see that or doesn’t see how or in what way these things are being threatened or doesn’t care or maybe is actually on the side of crushing open conversations that present perspectives they find to be problematic or difficult or unacceptable and who might be themselves committed to crushing those who might dare to engage in those kinds of conversations, then stay tuned, tell your friends, grab your popcorn, etc. because I’m going to lay it all out for you.

PostPosted: 02/26/19 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not that anyone cares about my 2 cents worth, but a successful message board should NOT have any moderators whatsoever. And Rebkell should also NOT have any moderators that are capable of suspending/banning/censoring anyone. What it should have is an ‘Ignore’ button. If you don’t like someone or what they say, hit the ‘Ignore’ button. Problem solved.

So, whoever the actual moderators are in Rebkell, you should implement an ‘Ignore’ button, and then resign from being moderators. Just think, if we had an ‘Ignore’ button, you could all just ignore me instead of suspending or banning me. To me, that is censorship and a violation to the countries freedom of speech. You should NEVER silence anyone by banning then. Instead, just ‘Ignore’ them so you never have to see their posts again. It should not be a moderators choice to ‘kill off’ someones voice, but it is your choice to ignore them.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 02/26/19 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lj60OAh7O5U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 17 of 43

Jump to: