RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/25/17 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I'd prefer the national anthem not be played in the first place.

I'm would be kind of actually okay with that. Except that I don't think it's done as a sort of pledge of allegiance moment. I think it's done to say, okay, as we get ready to enjoy this great pastime diversion of sports enterntainment, let's remember the sacrifices that allow us to do so. And viewed or taken from that perspective skipping it or fucking any part of that up becomes a huge problem. So if it's not about rubbing people's noses in empty patriotism but reminding people of the very real prices that continue to be paid for all of our freedoms and luxuries (which we can have a tendency to take for granted) it's now an important part of our national rituals.

But what we saw yesterday is what happens when stupid people are on every side of a problem.

Personally, I just can't, however, get past the NFL and the owners roles in all this and how they skated through, at this point, unscathed. They blackballed Colin Kaepernick. Took away his career. And slowing but very surely sports figures from across the spectrum began to rise up against how Kaepernick had been treated. BY THE NFL!!! This was festering for months with frustrations boiling over periodically everywhere from ESPN to social media. Free Kap!, etc. And then Trump opens his hoary red velvet pie hole and these rich mother fucking clueless devils and their feckless idiot Roger Goodel are able to slither onto the field and lock arms with the very players who were actually just two days prior looking at them as the evil power structure.

Well, Trump did say he'd be the greatest unifier ever! Shocked

pilight

PostPosted: 09/25/17 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The national anthem at NFL games is paid jingoism funded by your tax dollars. The federal government pays teams millions for the faux patriotic displays.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/25/17 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
I'd prefer the national anthem not be played in the first place.

I'm would be kind of actually okay with that. Except that I don't think it's done as a sort of pledge of allegiance moment. I think it's done to say, okay, as we get ready to enjoy this great pastime diversion of sports enterntainment, let's remember the sacrifices that allow us to do so. And viewed or taken from that perspective skipping it or fucking any part of that up becomes a huge problem. So if it's not about rubbing people's noses in empty patriotism but reminding people of the very real prices that continue to be paid for all of our freedoms and luxuries (which we can have a tendency to take for granted) it's now an important part of our national rituals.

But what we saw yesterday is what happens when stupid people are on every side of a problem.

Personally, I just can't, however, get past the NFL and the owners roles in all this and how they skated through, at this point, unscathed. They blackballed Colin Kaepernick. Took away his career. And slowing but very surely sports figures from across the spectrum began to rise up against how Kaepernick had been treated. BY THE NFL!!! This was festering for months with frustrations boiling over periodically everywhere from ESPN to social media. Free Kap!, etc. And then Trump opens his hoary red velvet pie hole and these rich mother fucking clueless devils and their feckless idiot Roger Goodel are able to slither onto the field and lock arms with the very players who were actually just two days prior looking at them as the evil power structure.

Well, Trump did say he'd be the greatest unifier ever! Shocked

Sales of Villanueva NFL gear outsold all others, according to Fanatics.

That's the kind of country we live in.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20815108/alejandro-villanueva-pittsburgh-steelers-top-selling-gear-standing-national-anthem

PostPosted: 09/25/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Villanueva said today he regretted what he did.

"Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself, I feel embarrassed."

PostPosted: 09/25/17 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The national anthem at NFL games is paid jingoism funded by your tax dollars. The federal government pays teams millions for the faux patriotic displays.

Yeah, that's the kicker in all of this bs. Plus, the haters like to say kneeling disrespects "all those who sacrificed so that we all can live in this great country" , but they never add the "in which you will be vilified even for making a silent, solemn, non-disruptive, 1 man 2:00 protest once a week for 16 weeks/yr."

ASSHOLES.

PostPosted: 09/25/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

That article talks about jumbotron tributes to military personnel, not the playing of the national anthem. That has been going on since WWII, when it started to drum up patriotism.

It is not uncommon for newscasts to show videos of a military parent coming home from an overseas stay and surprising their child at some school event. I have wondered who sets those up.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/25/17 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great that Villanueva's stuff is outselling the rest of these weak unimaginative bums and it's great that that's the kind of country we live in.

He shouldn't regret it and I doubt he will look back on it and after time and feel the same way he does about it right now. But, that sort of after-the-fact reluctance or ambivalence is not uncommon in people who do something that sets them apart from the crowd or their peers. And in THIS case, he caused great embarrassment to his teammates by showing how small they all are. And they're probably exactly the kind of fucking punks who will make him pay for that with a cold shoulder, etc. And those are the kinds of things that will be rattling around in people's brains as they go over this past weekend in their minds and in conversations with the people around them. Unpacking the ramifications. I don't think most people go that deep but what Villanueva's life or experiences might be at this point is something that is a naturally obvious question that probably will be making the rounds shortly if it isn't already.

Let's back up a little bit, again, to the main source of my own anger. Something that, as far as I can see, has gone untouched here and has gotten a complete pass by the media and by people who are speaking out like Steve Kerr.

Correct me if I'm wrong but players were taking knees in the NFL before this weekend. There was a patch. There was a meltdown on ESPN by Shannon Sharpe two weeks before Charlottesville. There was widespread simmering anger among players in the NFL and from players in other sports.

Why?

Why were people taking knees in the NFL before this weekend and why was there a FREE KAP patch people were wearing and why the rant on ESPN and the speaking out by big name athletes?

Was it in support of BLM? Police shootings of unarmed black citizens? Charlottesville? Let's go back in time just a few weeks and see.

Washington Post - August 24 2017:

Quote:

Two weeks before the opening of the NFL’s regular season, national anthem protests continue to make news, a march has been held to support Colin Kaepernick and the NAACP has asked for a meeting with Commissioner Roger Goodell, telling him that “no player should be victimized and discriminated against because of his exercise of free speech.

On Wednesday, there was a show of solidarity in New York, with about a dozen groups, including the Justice League NYC and Color of Change, marching in front of the NFL’s Park Avenue headquarters and chanting “I’m with Kap.

The NAACP added its voice, too, sending a letter to Goodell and asking for a meeting to discuss why Kaepernick has not been signed. “No player should be victimized and discriminated against because of his exercise of free speech — to do so is in violation of his rights under the Constitution and the NFL’s own regulations,” Derrick Johnson, the interim president and chief executive, wrote.

And baseball Hall of Famer Henry Aaron joined the chorus, telling Roland Martin that he thinks Kaepernick is “getting a raw deal.” Aaron added that he was bothered by the fact that “nobody has seemed to think that he stands a chance of being [a] number one [quarterback].”

One headline a week before Charlottesville says "Shannon Sharpe thinks NFL owners are punishing Colin Kaepernick."

I don't think this was about BLM. I'm sure that Charlottesville became a contributing factor but look, there was a lot going on on the surface before Charlotteville and I'm sure much more beyond the public view in support of and protesting the treatment of Colin Kaepernick by the NFL, specifically, the league's taking away his career because of what he'd done just last year.

Who did that? The same guys who were feeling the heat from everyone from their players' union to the NAACP, who saw the clod Donald Trump step into this blindly (well, you never know) and these owners and the league took a very easy opportunity as it presented itself to them. Oh wow. Trump, the world's biggest boogie man on the question of racial politics, just inserted himself into this. Yeah, he's actually echoing his support for EXACTLY what we did to Kaepernick, but FUCK THAT, TOO HOT! OUCH-Y. Hmm. What to do? Oh. Yeah. That was easy. Let's point at this little section of a speech by Donald Trump, and his tweet-storm, and lock arms with our players to get them off our fucking backs and to come out of all this smelling like almost three dozen roses.

And yeah, no team and no owner wanted to put Kap on their roster and invite that distraction into their season. So fuck him, everyone agreed. You're fired, the league said. I'm sure more than one person with considerable wealth and power called him a sonofabitch and lots of fans applauded what was being done to Kaepernick.

But now? The owners are pure. Donald Trump is the bad guy. Well, let me tell YOU GUYS and the NFL and all it's players. You are a SLIVER! The majority of this country believes that these players should always stand for the national anthem. Period. End of story. No matter who does what, that's the third rail of third rails in America. The media, the athletes, now late to the party, the owners, Steve Fucking Kerr, EVERYBODY will be paying for this for a long time.

And that kind of brings me back to the subject of this thread. Trump's fate in office. As I've said and the OP has just stated in the last 24 hours, the only thing that will get Trump out of office is the Mueller investigation. So that's a possibility and, as I've said, one that I would bet is going to happen. I think Trump is compromised legally. But we'll see.

What else is going to happen to Trump and especially in the event that the investigation doesn't provide a reason for his removal from office. This one IMO is easy to answer.

Trump will win. And he's going to do it on his terms. So no matter how much you hate him, here are some of the most relevant facts about our 45th president. He indeed hates to lose. And, given time, he will stop losing and start winning. He already has begun that process. He's not going to be a Hitler or anything like that. He's going to learn what works and what doesn't. He is a slave to his poll numbers and, with time, he is going to bring those numbers up. Way up.

Authoritarianism? No. Doing a better job? Yes. Polishing his rising poll numbers by keeping his mouth shut on Twitter and in Alabama political rallies? Yeah.

So Diane Feinstein just in the last two weeks said that Donald Trump could yet be a 'good president.' That's almost an understatement IMO. He is about 24 hours away from being let down by the bumbling Republican congress one more time. Third time is a charm! I think this will be the last chance Republicans get.

So Trump then turns, once again, to the Democrats. And because he remains so popular with this significant portion of the Republican and middle class base and in the same states he won in November, any deal he makes with Chuck and Nancy is a slam dunk to end up on his desk as a finished product.

Sane improvements to the ACA? Done. Trump wins and Trump LOVES to win. America wants things to get done in Washington and cheers bipartisanship. Job approval numbers inch up. A fairer version of tax reform? Done. Trump wins, etc. etc. A TRILLION dollar infrastructure bill? Done. Trump wins, etc. etc.

Trump sees his poll numbers rising into the respectable range and dreams of even more success. He looks at what he's been doing to undermine his own administration and decides to STOP. DOING. THAT. SHIT!

And now the country likes what it sees and Trump broadens his appeal, ensuring his re-election. Believe me, this dude cannot imagine being a one-term president. That would make him a loser. And I just don't see that happening. UNLESS, Trump is indeed losing control of his faculties. There's a lot of talk that he is. But honestly, that's not what I see.

Bullheaded. Arrogant. Dumb as dirt when it comes to politics in Washington and history, etc. All those things. Unworthy of the office? By any standards we've ever considered to be necessary qualifications, absolutely. But shrewd in a way that will allow him to move towards the warmth and light? I don't have any doubts there but we're all going to find out real soon when the Republican's latest attempt to repeal Obamacare goes down in flames.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 09/25/17 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Great that Villanueva's stuff is outselling the rest of these weak unimaginative bums and it's great that that's the kind of country we live in.

sieg heils!

PostPosted: 09/25/17 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think there can be multiple bad guys. NFL owners and Donald can both be disgusting. (And they are.)

You only have to look at the treatment of Kaepernick, verses say..any of the rapists/wife beaters/child beaters/murderers to know that.

But Trump is scum too.

I agree to an extent that Donald is going to figure out very quickly that joining with Nancy and Chuck will help him far more than Republicans will. (Dems and Repubs are the same? What? Nancy and Chuck are willing to work with Donald Fucking Trump in order to make this country better for us, risking political leverage..while Republicans couldn't work with Obama and are still trying to ruin Bill Clinton's life..)

But he's too much much of a loose cannon to every make good decisions for a long period of time, and/or to keep himself out of trouble. He's still going to be a racist and sexist POS..and Mueller is coming. Razz

PostPosted: 09/26/17 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So here's last Friday's late news dump, and possibly the reason Chump went off on his NFL schtick:

US government notifies 21 states of election hacking

The federal government told 21 states that hackers targeted their election systems last year.
In most cases, the systems weren't breached.
Most states weren't notified of the attempted hacking until Friday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/22/us-government-notifies-21-states-of-election-hacking.html

The Wisconsin Election Commission, for example, said the state's systems were targeted by "Russian government cyber actors."

Federal officials said that in most of the 21 states, the targeting was preparatory activity such as scanning computer systems. The targets included voter registration systems but not vote tallying software. Officials said there were some attempts to compromise networks but most were unsuccessful.

Only Illinois reported that hackers had succeeded in breaching its voter systems.

PostPosted: 09/26/17 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought this was a pretty good analysis of the situation

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/politics/trump-nfl-tweets/index.html

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/26/17 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great! Rolling Eyes

Twitter is expanding to 280 characters.

http://fox59.com/2017/09/26/twitter-says-goodbye-to-140-characters-hello-280-characters/

Just what the asshole in the White House needs!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 10/28/17 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's seems that the recent bullshit spewed from House Republicans, Hannity and the rest of FUX NEWS re: the Steele dossier was an attempt to preempt the first of what will be many, many Mueller charges.

As Malcom Nance says, "the target is getting buggy".

tick tock, tick tock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xivXkPJlD3M

PostPosted: 10/28/17 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
It's seems that the recent bullshit spewed from House Republicans, Hannity and the rest of FUX NEWS re: the Steele dossier was an attempt to preempt the first of what will be many, many Mueller charges.

As Malcom Nance says, "the target is getting buggy".

tick tock, tick tock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xivXkPJlD3M

As was the recent splurge in the "uranium one" fake scandal.

Hillary and Obama are private citizens now. Foxnews and Donald need to find a new boogeyman.

PostPosted: 10/30/17 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

Hillary and Obama are private citizens now. Foxnews and Donald need to find a new boogeyman.

You mean the REAL Uranium One scandal? The one where Hillary Clinton gave our uranium to a geopolitical foe in exchange for over $140 million in donations to her family slush fund? I don't think it really matters what Hillary is now. She is still a criminal. Whether anything ever happens to her because of who she is is ANOTHER scandal in itself.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/30/17 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

You mean the REAL Uranium One scandal? The one where Hillary Clinton gave our uranium to a geopolitical foe in exchange for over $140 million in donations to her family slush fund? I don't think it really matters what Hillary is now. She is still a criminal. Whether anything ever happens to her because of who she is is ANOTHER scandal in itself.

You mean Hillary, who had nothing to do with the whole things at all since it wasn't even her department? Yeah, Hillary has some issues, but this definitely isn't one of them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/10/29/the-dossier-and-the-uranium-deal-a-guide-to-the-latest-allegations/

Ooooh look something shiny! Don't you want to look over here? Pay no attention to the men behind bars...

PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

You mean Hillary, who had nothing to do with the whole things at all since it wasn't even her department? Yeah, Hillary has some issues, but this definitely isn't one of them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/10/29/the-dossier-and-the-uranium-deal-a-guide-to-the-latest-allegations/

Fascinating. Yet it doesn't say much of anything at all to prove her innocence. Who's your next source? Newsweek?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/10/29/watch-joy-reid-destroy-conservative-clinton-uranium-conspiracy.html

PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You forgot moveon.org and Huffington Post

pilight

PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Fascinating. Yet it doesn't say much of anything at all to prove her innocence. Who's your next source? Newsweek?

Is she not considered innocent until proven guilty?

PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

Of course she isn't. Haven't you been paying attention?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 10/30/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
You forgot moveon.org and Huffington Post

LOLGOP @LOLGOP

I've been watching Fox News for 1 hour and I'm convinced that President Hillary Clinton is about to be impeached for giving me Mesothelioma.

1:26 PM - Oct 29, 2017
886 886 Replies 13,533 13,533 Retweets 52,861 52,861 likes

PostPosted: 10/30/17 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

Seriously.

I am someone who has been fairly critical of a few of Clinton's choices since the election (and some from before), and this stuff is just asinine.

I personally love how Trump's campaign manager is charged, and yet according to Trump, it's still all about Hillary.

PostPosted: 10/30/17 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

Seriously.

I am someone who has been fairly critical of a few of Clinton's choices since the election (and some from before), and this stuff is just asinine.

I personally love how Trump's campaign manager is charged, and yet according to Trump, it's still all about Hillary.

It's done for his base of dupedplorables.

PostPosted: 10/30/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a billionaire putting his money where his mouth is.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vyew9k1b2GU" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 9 of 43

Jump to: