RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 08/22/17 6:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“Don’t look!” an aide shouted from below.
dumbfuck

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/23/17 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/22/politics/glenn-simpson-senate-judiciary-investigators/index.html

Glenn Simpson, the former journalist who helped compile the Russia dossier with allegations of collusion by President Donald Trump's top aides, spoke with staff on the Senate Judiciary Committee Tuesday for more than 10 hours.

ticky ticky ticky

PostPosted: 08/23/17 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
here's what tony schwartz said. the video provides more. full disclosure: he also made this prediction in may. not clear about what his timeframe was.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/17/politics/art-of-the-deal-author-trump-resignation-prediction/index.html

Fascinating.

justintyme wrote:
And he creates these little narratives full of alternative facts to discount all the voices speaking against him. And here is the key: he honestly believes these fantastical narratives to be true.

Yes. The Crazy Factor.

jammerbirdi wrote:
I don't know anything about the news network but I totally agree with your first statement. He's in a very hot seat right now. The thing that saves him is how far he is down the sociopathic spectrum. But the family, some of whom may be facing permanent destruction in the form of charges and indictments or plea deals, are now dreaming of what might have been in the paradise of their dad (father-in-law) being the 2016 Republican nominee who gave President Hillary Clinton a good scare.
That's almost painful to write.

Far less painful than if your scenario would have played out: He'd have gone down as a Legend of What Might Have Been Our Salvation. We'd not live long enough to hear the end of it.

sambista wrote:
“Don’t look!” an aide shouted from below.
dumbfuck

In a word. Yes. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/23/17 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
I think you hit the nail on the head there Jammer. Trump is very good at internalizing that which he wants to, and writing off the rest with contempt. While his numbers as are terrible when considered against the total population, he does still have the rabid support of tens of millions of people. When simply considered in pure numbers that is a lot of people to feed an ego. And he creates these little narratives full of alternative facts to discount all the voices speaking against him. And here is the key: he honestly believes these fantastical narratives to be true.

The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them… To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies—all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.

PostPosted: 08/24/17 5:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have this great political literature in Orwell. And it's such a terrifying thrill to imagine that we're living in a moment when his writing is finally literally relevant to our times and current realities in the United States of America. But it's just not. You're giving Trump so too much credit and you're not nearly in the universe of giving enough credit to the constitutional protections and the checks and balances, plus the political dream team of enemies he has created since becoming president that includes the senate majority leader and a growing number of other senators in his own party. Flake, Corker, McCain, Graham. And every Democrat in Washington. He's alienated the rank and file of the CIA and the FBI and he was just rebuked by a statement on Charlottsvile by the joint chiefs. Everyone in the White House who is not a family member or a crony from NY is monitoring his every move with the NYTimes on speed dial.

There have been much scarier times and administrations. Nixon. Who was diabolically smart along with being dangerously paranoid and vindictive. Reagan had people running black ops and illegal arms deals out of the White House. Bush I was an ex-CIA director who invaded Iraq on behalf of the cruel society of oil rich Kuwait and that war ended up resulting in nearly a million deaths. His son did essentially the same thing for no reason whatsoever and destabilized the Middle East and his war has probably led to even more than a million deaths and still counting. Trump doesn't really have his hands on the controls of the presidency. He's proven, sadly, to just not be that interested in the details of what he can or can't do. And he never knew to begin with. He doesn't really know what the president can or can't do, what is really at his disposal. Not like a Nixon or Bush I did. And he hasn't surrounded himself with people who know either. Most of the key people are newcomers to the corridors of power in DC.

And Kelley and McMaster are more than enough of a buffer to any dangerous impulses or ideas that Trump might have than they ever would be any kind of enabler or party to his incompetence or desires to threaten the basic principles of the democratic system.

And then there's Mueller. Which is a ticking time bomb for the Trump presidency. Bottom line is there's nothing Orwellian here folks. Just sit back and try (it ain't easy) to enjoy the show because it's only going to get better as we go. Cool

And maybe really think about how Trump won. Why he might win again if he isn't run out of D.C. on a rail. What IS the media's role in its coverage of Trump's presidency? What IS CNN up to with wall to wall coverage of, to use one current example, Trump's remarks post Charlottesville? 24-7? Really? Nothing else going on in the world but what Trump said or didn't say and whether he said it quickly enough?

This whole Charlottesville thing reminds me of the epiphany Oprah had many years ago. She was doing a series of shows one week on white supremacists. And during the taping of one she was standing there watching the mayhem and she said it hit her like a ton of bricks. OMG. This is a mistake. I'm not exposing them, I'm publicizing them. They are going to grow bigger and more widespread because I gave them this national platform.

There's a video that's gotten like 20 million views in just a week or so by this cute young black chick. She asks, quite rightly, do you really think David Duke and white supremacists weren't out there active in America during the Obama administration? Why the wall to wall fear and loathing now? Isn't CNN and the mainstream media doing their part to stoke the flames of discord going on between two fringe groups of violent protesters? The race nuts and the anti fascists? And don't they seem to be laying the blame for all of this at Trump's feet? All this stuff that was always there, long before Donald Trump became president? Please don't tell me he has energized and elevated them. They are still a minuscule tiny number of people.

Trump is an inarticulate man. And that's being kind. He is not a student of history and he can be easily baited into bad behavior. He is never ever going to say the right thing. He doesn't even know what the right thing is let alone why he should be saying it. It's not who he is. The best analogy I can come up with is one that nobody here will understand. It's like we elected my sister-in-law Mickey president. People (the media) expect him to act like they think and demand a president should act. I'm like, WTF are you talking about? It's Mickey! You're never, in a million years, going to get anything different out of this person. There is nothing else there.

And in Trump's case, that's actually a good thing. He's not going to suddenly become a brilliant and diabolical bad guy with a plan to destroy America and a skill set and the focus that would enable him to be successful. Come on, man. It's Mickey! He's just going to ramble off script and lash out, alternately stepping in it one day and sticking to the prompter the next.

Honestly, I wish CNN and MSNBC and the NYTimes would just turn down the volume a little. Accept Trump's faults and flaws for a minute and let the country take a fucking breath. Show some respect for the office even if the character occupying that office doesn't. How about instead covering wall to wall and in detail all that his administration is doing at the cabinet and agency level? How about 24/7 coverage on CNN of that?

Lastly, I wish the mainstream media could learn their lesson from the campaign. This 24-7 negative coverage of Trump is most likely not helping to defeat him on election day. As I said the other day, there is a significant portion of the American people, more than would admit it to pollsters, who are going to stick with Trump pretty much no matter what. Trump has a 35% approval rating. I don't know about the word 'approve' but I bet the number who would vote for him again (or for the first time) is up near 48%.

What's congress's approval rating? lol. Oh, and what's the media's? big lol there. I bet congress is near or under 20% and the press is down near 15%. Those are guesses. So if you think Trump is unpopular... Shocked

Howee

PostPosted: 08/24/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Honestly, I wish CNN and MSNBC and the NYTimes would just turn down the volume a little. Accept Trump's faults and flaws for a minute and let the country take a fucking breath

What, and miss out on all the ratings that generate revenue? Media Corporations getting rich(er) off of Trump-o-Rama is just life in our America.

PostPosted: 08/24/17 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sick of the media too.

I'm sick of people like Joe Scarborough who spent the entire election season talking up Trump and talking down Clinton, and now suddenly acts horrified. As if Donald Trump's racism wasn't on full display during the election. As if his incompetence wasn't on full display during the election.

I'm sick of CNN's outrage, this is the network who spent 3 billion on Trump coverage and legitimized him as a Presidential candidate.

I'm sick of the New York Time's and WaPo's outrage..when they freaking partnered with STEVE BANNON to report on "Clinton Cash." Who dismissed claims of Russia meddling in our election. Who then dismissed claims of the Trump campaign working with Russia. Who mocked Clinton for her speech about Donald's influence on White Supremacy. Now they're "SHOCKED" at Donald's attitude towards White Supremacy and his horrific inability to actually be President. Oh look, "alt right" domestic terrorism is on the rise. Who could have predicted that one?

"who would have predicted this." Oh I dunno, the OTHER presidential candidate. The one that the media spent a majority of their air time discussing her fake scandals, meanwhile actually focusing on Donald Trump's policies(??WTF). https://cyber.harvard.edu/publications/2017/08/mediacloud

I'm sick of these assholes, who couldn't spend more than 32 minutes total on fucking policy coverage, who spent 2016 legitimizing Trump, who still profiles the Trump supporter (even though the Trump supporter is about 30% of the country) dehumanized Clinton, and generally using our election as a money maker, suddenly being outraged now.

And there's no self reflection. None. There's a lot of fucking money in doing it though. Trump sensationalism. He made a shit ton for them during the Primary, and he'll continue to do so as long as Donald is in the White House.

Outside of gerrymandering, the biggest reason why this country is fucked is because the people who are supposed to be reporting on actual issues and actual policy plays games for ratings. Yes New York Times, let's continue to report on Climate Change scientists and Climate Change deniers as if they are on equal footing. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

I'm sick of people like Joe Scarborough who spent the entire election season talking up Trump and talking down Clinton, and now suddenly acts horrified. As if Donald Trump's racism wasn't on full display during the election. As if his incompetence wasn't on full display during the election.

I'm sick of CNN's outrage, this is the network who spent 3 billion on Trump coverage and legitimized him as a Presidential candidate.

I'm sick of the New York Time's and WaPo's outrage..when they freaking partnered with STEVE BANNON to report on "Clinton Cash." Who dismissed claims of Russia meddling in our election. Who then dismissed claims of the Trump campaign working with Russia. Who mocked Clinton for her speech about Donald's influence on White Supremacy. Now they're "SHOCKED" at Donald's attitude towards White Supremacy and his horrific inability to actually be President. Oh look, "alt right" domestic terrorism is on the rise. Who could have predicted that one?

"who would have predicted this." Oh I dunno, the OTHER presidential candidate. The one that the media spent a majority of their air time discussing her fake scandals, meanwhile actually focusing on Donald Trump's policies(??WTF). https://cyber.harvard.edu/publications/2017/08/mediacloud

I'm sick of these assholes, who couldn't spend more than 32 minutes total on fucking policy coverage, who spent 2016 legitimizing Trump, who still profiles the Trump supporter (even though the Trump supporter is about 30% of the country) dehumanized Clinton, and generally using our election as a money maker, suddenly being outraged now.

And there's no self reflection. None. There's a lot of fucking money in doing it though. Trump sensationalism. He made a shit ton for them during the Primary, and he'll continue to do so as long as Donald is in the White House.

Outside of gerrymandering, the biggest reason why this country is fucked is because the people who are supposed to be reporting on actual issues and actual policy plays games for ratings. Yes New York Times, let's continue to report on Climate Change scientists and Climate Change deniers as if they are on equal footing. Rolling Eyes

can i get a BIG amen!

fuck all of them

PostPosted: 08/25/17 10:26 pm    ::: Agree 100% Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

Well said.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/26/17 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Morning Joe folks did do a big about face. At one point Larry Wilbon joked at the press corps event in Washington that they were "so far up Trump's ass that they ran into Chris Christie". And now they are in full outrage mode.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 08/28/17 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html

WASHINGTON — A business associate of President Trump promised in 2015 to engineer a real estate deal with the aid of the president of Russia, Vladimir V. Putin, that he said would help Mr. Trump win the presidency.

The business associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin and predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would be a political boon to Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

PostPosted: 08/28/17 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Six public relations firms with ties to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort or former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn have received subpoenas from special counsel Robert Mueller, ABC News has learned from sources with knowledge of the situation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/public-relations-firms-ties-flynn-manafort-subpoenaed-mueller/story?id=49425589

PostPosted: 08/28/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like all things Trump, they weren't even sneaky about breaking the law.

PostPosted: 08/29/17 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you think there is going to be an impeachment, you are going to be sorely disappointed. if you think these people give a shit about Russia, or meetings with Putin, or Trump Tower Moscow, or tax returns, or any of the rest, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

<iframe width="760" height="428" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/STcgXcxOhNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 08/29/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh sweet irony.

PostPosted: 08/29/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
If you think there is going to be an impeachment, you are going to be sorely disappointed. if you think these people give a shit about Russia, or meetings with Putin, or Trump Tower Moscow, or tax returns, or any of the rest, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

It's not going to happen unless Democrats get a majority, even if it very clearly should.

That being said, Republicans ought to watch it. America has a beautiful history of being on the complete wrong side of history, only to get it's shit together and do what's right. They'll get what's coming to them.

PostPosted: 09/02/17 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even the distraction of the Houston flooding won't save Fat Donnie Two Scoops

PostPosted: 09/02/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This thread hasn't been updated with some more news.

Mueller gave Trump his own message, after the Arpaio pardon.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/30/manafort-mueller-probe-attorney-general-242191

You're move Donnie. My guess, Manafort will talk.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/us/politics/trump-comey-firing-letter.html

Uh Oh...also, this implicates Mike Pence too.

And Mueller is enlisting the IRS..
http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-mueller-enlists-the-irs-for-his-trump-russia-investigation

I'm predicting this one gets more and more play in the upcoming months.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/us/politics/russia-election-hacking.html?mcubz=3

Interesting, I'm thinking back to the Arizona/New York primaries. I remember there being a lot of outrage because quite a few Sanders supporters were unable to vote. I discussed this with my friend (a Sanders supporter)..at the time, I said "There would be now way to simply target Sanders supporters. Particularly in either of those states. It's Clinton's supporters that are easier to target demographically."

But thinking about it, it's Sanders supporters that had a strong and wide online presence. What if Clinton supporters also had trouble, but they didn't spread the word in the same way. What if the people attacked were just Democrats in general?

Anyway, something to think about..

PostPosted: 09/02/17 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

<iframe width="760" height="428" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/STcgXcxOhNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Missed this one.....PRICELESS. The rabid leprechaun, the pretty blond cheerleaders....all seemed to forget the abortion thwarter is the "Pussy Grabber". Fortunately, these people are an insignificant minority of the population, and Real Minds prevail in The Real World of God.

Cool

PostPosted: 09/06/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Facebook says it sold political ads to Russian company during 2016 election

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/facebook-says-it-sold-political-ads-to-russian-company-during-2016-election/2017/09/06/32f01fd2-931e-11e7-89fa-bb822a46da5b_story.html

Quote:
Facebook discovered the Russian connection as part of an investigation that began this spring looking at purchasers of politically-motivated ads, according to people familiar with the inquiry. It found that 3,300 ads had digital footprints that led to the Russian company.

Facebook teams then discovered 470 suspicious and likely fraudulent Facebook accounts and pages that it believes operated out of Russia, had links to the company and were involved in promoting the ads.

PostPosted: 09/06/17 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

You must have been watching different networks than I was. CNN was all in for Hillary. They tried like hell to demonize Trump and get Hillary elected. Thankfully it didn't work. MAGA!!!!

PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The few. The proud. The dupedplorables.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/08/trump_s_bigoted_base_by_the_numbers.html

Do you like white supremacists? When you remove the Klan/Nazi references and ask people what they think of groups that advocate racial superiority, people who approve of Trump’s job performance again stand out. In the Marist poll, Trump approvers are slightly more likely than whites—5 percent versus 3 percent—to say that they mostly agree with “the white supremacy movement.” In the PPP survey, 7 percent of Trump voters say they have a favorable opinion of “white supremacists,” compared to 4 percent of whites and 1 percent of Clinton voters. In the Morning Consult poll, 7 percent of whites and 9 percent of Republicans express a favorable view of white supremacists. Among strong Trump approvers, that number shoots up to 15 percent.

PostPosted: 09/07/17 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gJbf3K4HyaU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJbf3K4HyaU

PostPosted: 09/13/17 2:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

There's a video that's gotten like 20 million views in just a week or so by this cute young black chick. She asks, quite rightly, do you really think David Duke and white supremacists weren't out there active in America during the Obama administration? Why the wall to wall fear and loathing now? Isn't CNN and the mainstream media doing their part to stoke the flames of discord going on between two fringe groups of violent protesters?

Thought I'd dig up the video I was referring to here.

<embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4S2TZOdXAtQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/13/17 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While I'm at it. Cool

<embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bLSB7oxib9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 6 of 43

Jump to: