Board Junkies Forums

Elena; Trade more about hoops than coming home
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 02/04/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

The Sky already have nothing left to show for the Fowles trade

And who's fault is that? Management? Was this the beginning of the present situation that Chicago is in now?

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 02/04/17 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Quote:
"I think it's truly an incredible organization," Delle Donne said of the Mystics

She's lost her mind!! Razz

The effects of Lyme disease. And I don't buy it. She wanted to play near home and that was the only reason.

I like EDD but she's always full of excuses and half truths. She left Uconn, that's fine but she first said it had to do with basketball burn out which was a lie. It was because she wanted to be in deleware. So she played volleyball and said she's never play basketball again. Uh huh. She quickly changed her mind again when she was eligible to play basketball at Delaware again (having to sit out first year because she transfered. Then she suddenly changes her mind and realizes basketball is her true love once she becomes eligible again. Ok. Then she goes on and says she wants to leave Chicago because she loves the culture Mike Thibault made in Washington and thinks it's an incredibly well run organization. Even when they move to a 4500 seat arena in the hood? Thibaults team didn't even make the playoffs last year and has been a disaster of a franchise since day one. She's going there ONLY because it's close to home. Any other reason she gives is bull crap in my opinion. She's be forcing her way there regardless of who was coaching or who her new teammates would be.

The only reason she went to play in China this winter was In case she had to sit out the WNBA season and not get paid. If she wasn't planning on sitting out, there is no way she'd have gone to China. And then she gets sick as soon as the trade deal went through. It's a miracle. I'm cured. Yeah, ok. I'm not sick anymore in China because I don't have to sit out the WNBA season anymore. I have to wonder if she was sick at all and used her history of Lyme disease as an excuse to get out of playing in China.

Everything EDD says and does just comes across as bullshit to me. I'm probably off base but everything I pointed out is true. It's all too much of a coincidence to me and yup I call bullshit.

I doubt she was ever sick. She's just a big-headed phony.

Agreed 1000%

I see we have Lyme Disease Experts on this board giving their professional opinion on whether or not Elena was having a health problem while in China.

What part of "I doubt" was hard to understand? I don't know. But it wouldn't be the first time a player faked something to not play (see: Diana Taurasi and her fake dental procedure).

I've been around, okay. There were many experts on this and other message boards who
misdiagnosed Chamique Holdsclaw. I believe if a person never had Lyme Disease that person should keep their fat lip shut about someone who actually has Lyme Disease and how that person is feeling.

People have opinions about things without direct experience all the time. Look at everyone on this board. I'd suggest you sit down and shut up unless you've played in the WNBA. That's basically the same thing, moron. .

PostPosted: 02/04/17 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could be wrong about Delle Donne. But I'm sorry everything she does seems very sketchy to me.

PostPosted: 02/04/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another reason athletes might want to leave Chicago, the new disability law Illinois is about to pass.

PostPosted: 02/04/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Another reason athletes might want to leave Chicago, the new disability law Illinois is about to pass.

Already NFLPA is saying stay off the bears...honestly I could see a mass relocation of teams if they aren't careful I have no clue why they thought this was a good Idea but I see PAs going hard on this Ill leave it to that because this is pretty much an other sports issue but it couldn't help

PostPosted: 02/04/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Already NFLPA is saying stay off the bears...honestly I could see a mass relocation of teams if they aren't careful I have no clue why they thought this was a good Idea but I see PAs going hard on this Ill leave it to that because this is pretty much an other sports issue but it couldn't help

It is good for the teams. They would be paying out less money in claims. That's the short sighted view.

PostPosted: 02/04/17 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
pilight wrote:

It is good for the teams. They would be paying out less money in claims. That's the short sighted view.

My guess is they'll negotiate providing private disability insurance to make up the difference. It probably won't be that big a deal

pilight

PostPosted: 02/04/17 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
pilight wrote:

My guess is they'll negotiate providing private disability insurance to make up the difference. It probably won't be that big a deal

In the CBA, you mean? That's a few years out. If the PA gives up something (money) to get it, then this is a big win for the owners.

PostPosted: 02/04/17 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
The Mystics was suppose to had at least the 2nd pick in the 2013 Draft but the WNBA wanted to help out Chicago and Tulsa, Elena is right where she should've been all along. I doubt Elena ever wanted to play for Chicago but she served her term and she gave Chicago 4 excellent seasons.

You know, I'm rather sick of hearing the hints that there had to be (illegal) help. I studied probability and statistics in college, I can give you the relevant equations if you want. To throw out casually that the WNBA and by extension the company who did the drawing cooked it in a direction is irresponsible and unfair.

I guess trying to expedite killing the Mystics was more important to the WNBA than making sure the Mercury didn't get Brittney Griner. Smile

Wasn't that the Year of the Tank? Very Happy Very Happy

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 02/04/17 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
The Mystics was suppose to had at least the 2nd pick in the 2013 Draft but the WNBA wanted to help out Chicago and Tulsa, Elena is right where she should've been all along. I doubt Elena ever wanted to play for Chicago but she served her term and she gave Chicago 4 excellent seasons.

You know, I'm rather sick of hearing the hints that there had to be (illegal) help. I studied probability and statistics in college, I can give you the relevant equations if you want. To throw out casually that the WNBA and by extension the company who did the drawing cooked it in a direction is irresponsible and unfair.

I guess trying to expedite killing the Mystics was more important to the WNBA than making sure the Mercury didn't get Brittney Griner. Smile

It's widely known in attempt to revive the NY Knicks, the NBA was involved in trickery with the lottery balls so Pat Ewing could be drafted by the NY Knicks. You telling us the WNBA (NBA) couldn't do it again.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/05/17 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

It's widely known in attempt to revive the NY Knicks, the NBA was involved in trickery with the lottery balls so Pat Ewing could be drafted by the NY Knicks. You telling us the WNBA (NBA) couldn't do it again.

At the time, the general consensus was that the order drawn for the 2013 draft was the worst possible result for the league. If they were going to fix the lottery, they wouldn't have fixed it to look like it did.

PostPosted: 02/05/17 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

At the time, the general consensus was that the order drawn for the 2013 draft was the worst possible result for the league. If they were going to fix the lottery, they wouldn't have fixed it to look like it did.

Seriously. The Mercury tanked and got rewarded for it. Absolutely a bad look. And as for the Ewing conspiracy, it was not "widely known." It's a conspiracy theory with no proof behind it.

http://www.si.com/longform/2015/1985/ewing/

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 02/05/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
pilight wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Seriously. The Mercury tanked and got rewarded for it. Absolutely a bad look. And as for the Ewing conspiracy, it was not "widely known." It's a conspiracy theory with no proof behind it.

Please, tell us how the WNBA team (the Mystics) who had the worst record at the conclusion of the 2012 season ends up with the 4th pick in the 2013 WNBA Draft, not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd but the 4th pick..

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/05/17 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
pilight wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Please, tell us how the WNBA team (the Mystics) who had the worst record at the conclusion of the 2012 season ends up with the 4th pick in the 2013 WNBA Draft, not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd but the 4th pick..

I know right! It's like flipping a coin 4 times and not getting heads any of those times. It's literally impossible. Makes no sense.
Why even have a lottery if the results of it can be so unexpected like that??!

Anyway as bad as I feel for Chicago over first Big Syl and now EDD, the Mystics getting some degree of late redemption is a silver lining.

PostPosted: 02/05/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
pilight wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Was it Kellyanne Conway who said it's "widely known" that the NBA rigged that draft so the Knicks could pick first and take Patrick Ewing? Are we now into "alternative facts"? Smile

PostPosted: 02/09/17 7:50 am    ::: Lyme Disease Reply Reply with quote

I think it's bad form to doubt EDD's medical condition. Dislike her if you want to, but Lyme is a serious disease that she will deal with all her life. It's no joke. It devastates people

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/08/11/deconstructing-lyme-disease/my-plight-with-lyme-disease

Amy Tan's account of her battle with Lyme.

Saying somebody is faking Lyme is ridiculous. No reason to go there.

PostPosted: 02/09/17 7:58 am    ::: Re: Lyme Disease Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
I think it's bad form to doubt EDD's medical condition. Dislike her if you want to, but Lyme is a serious disease that she will deal with all her life. It's no joke. It devastates people

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/08/11/deconstructing-lyme-disease/my-plight-with-lyme-disease

I cannot thank you enough for this posting. The effect this disease does to the body is unbelievable. If I would of posted this it would of not meant as much as your post. Your posting is so correct. This is a health issue that EDD will probably have to live with the rest of her life.

A little known fact is Delaware has the second highest rate of Lyme Disease per capita (Connecticut has the highest) in the United States. Also, the other side of this issue, Delaware has outstanding and some of the best medical treatment anywhere.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/09/17 12:56 pm    ::: Re: Lyme Disease Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:

I cannot thank you enough for this posting. The effect this disease does to the body is unbelievable. If I would of posted this it would of not meant as much as your post. Your posting is so correct. This is a health issue that EDD will probably have to live with the rest of her life.

A little known fact is Delaware has the second highest rate of Lyme Disease per capita (Connecticut has the highest) in the United States. Also, the other side of this issue, Delaware has outstanding and some of the best medical treatment anywhere.

Thanks for these valuable statements (and for posting about Amy Tan). So ugly to accuse Delle Donne of faking her medical condition, especially when the accuser is anonymous. I know that Lyme disease is a very serious matter. I wish all the best for Elena Delle Donne and everyone else who has this health struggle.

PostPosted: 02/10/17 6:16 pm    ::: Re: Lyme Disease Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:

And, at long last, some sanity enters the conversation...Thank you Mune

~rAf
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 02/11/17 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys aren't going to make me feel bad. It won't work. Elena Diva Donne is very shady. I'm not saying she doesn't have Lyme's disease. I just think it's a funny coincidence it popped up right on her first trip overseas. And she just happened to finish signing her new contract with the Mystics, meaning she'll have a contract and doesn't have to play overseas anymore. So if it has actually reoccurred i wonder how she's feeling now because her bouts of it have typically lasted for weeks in the past.

PostPosted: 02/11/17 1:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/elena-delle-donne-sister/

Must read.

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 02/11/17 6:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On another note, EDD went to Washington today, met Wizards stars Wall and Beal, did a photo shoot with them and Hill, had a press conference, and then she and Hill were introduced on the jumbotron at the Wizards' win tonight:

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2017/2/10/14578972/elena-delle-donne-mystics-john-wall-bradley-beal-photo[url]

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/18663763/word-championship-arises-washington-mystics-introduce-elena-delle-donne[/url]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154250728231156&id=63228861155&__tn__=%2As[url]

PostPosted: 02/11/17 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics a championship team? Doubtful. But most certainly a play-off team and possibly better than the Liberty right now. Interesting to see Hill in the pictures with Delle Donne. With Toliver coming to D.C., Hill will now be coming off the bench. I guess she was the only other Mystics currently in town.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/11/17 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Mystics a championship team? Doubtful. But most certainly a play-off team and possibly better than the Liberty right now. Interesting to see Hill in the pictures with Delle Donne. With Toliver coming to D.C., Hill will now be coming off the bench. I guess she was the only other Mystics currently in town.

Not if they have Toliver run the point..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 02/11/17 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Not if they have Toliver run the point..

They still have Latta & Cloud. Seems pointless to have Toliver start at PG. They should have:

PG: Latta/Cloud
SG: Toliver/Hill
SF: Ruffin-Pratt/Taylor/Malott
PF: Delle Donne/Sanders/#6 pick
C: Meesseman/Thomas

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: