RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Three Way Trade Made
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 01/30/17 1:49 pm    ::: Three Way Trade Made Reply Reply with quote

Kia Vaughn and Bria Hartley are being traded to NY, Carolyn Swords is going to Seattle and Washington gets Seattle's #6 pick

The Mystics and Storm also swap second round picks as part of the deal.

PostPosted: 01/30/17 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I... think I like this? At least now I can appreciate Hartley falling down a lot instead of being annoyed by it? Maybe we can even bring back the dive scoring cards?

PostPosted: 01/30/17 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hmmm wow , so Washington Dumping Guards now ? Lemme find out The Plum & EDD Combo could really be in the making !!! Seattle seems to have gotten the Short end of this stick , Swords for #6 Really ? Wash Now has #2 & 6 in the First Round While NY Pretty much lost Nothing while gaining Vaughn & Hartley 2 tough hard nose players . Trader Bill Wins . I pray this works out for Washington they need it Exclamation

PostPosted: 01/30/17 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This seems a little lopsided in favor of NY. For the Mystics, not sure who would be around at #6 that would be worth giving up both Vaughn and Hartley.

zune69

PostPosted: 01/30/17 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle GM should be fired........washington basically traded two bench players for a 1st rd pick.

Last edited by zune69 on 01/30/17 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 01/30/17 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:
This seems a little lopsided in favor of NY. For the Mystics, not sure who would be around at #6 that would be worth giving up both Vaughn and Hartley.

Maybe #6 will be part of the Delle Donne deal Idea

Now with Vaughn gone, WAS going after Larkins would make a little more sense.

Or maybe Thibault is really in love with Brionna Jones and he thinks he can score her with #6.

Lotta stuff to digest here.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Seattle GM should be fired..........

#6 pick for Swords? Shocked

Is this a joke or did somebody bribe SEA into helping the Mystics out in their EDD deal.. Confused

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I dont know about that. The Storm needed a big solid center and we got one. I like Swords. She will help the Storm right away while the 6th pick would be a maybe solid rotation player somewhere in the future..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a Liberty fan, I view this trade as meaning that another trade will soon happen. Prince, Rodgers, Boyd, Wright, Zellous, Schimmel, and now Harding. That's a lot of players for two guard positions and some playing time at small forward. So I see Hartley coming as meaning that someone else is going.

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Seattle thinks the 2017 draft class is pretty bad, huh

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I dont know about that. The Storm needed a big solid center and we got one. I like Swords. She will help the Storm right away while the 6th pick would be a maybe solid rotation player somewhere in the future..

Really ?....a #6 pick for a player who only averaged 5.2p & 4.6r in 17.5 minutes last season ? Can Swords even play more than 20 minutes per game ?

Last edited by zune69 on 01/30/17 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
As a Liberty fan, I view this trade as meaning that another trade will soon happen. Prince, Rodgers, Boyd, Wright, Zellous, Schimmel, and now Harding. That's a lot of players for two guard positions and some playing time at small forward. So I see Hartley coming as meaning that someone else is going.

Harding? Did I miss something?

How about Zahui for Hampton and #12?

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Really ?....a #6 pick for a player who only averaged 5.2p & 4.6r in 17.5 minutes last season ?

Yep. I'd rather take my chances with the #6 pick... Idea

After 5 years... Swords is what she is... a pretty good backup center. There are other serviceable backup centers out there to be signed that don't need to be traded for and they could have kept their #6 lottery ticket instead of exchanging it for a #15 ticket. Confused

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Really ?....a #6 pick for a player who only averaged 5.2p & 4.6r in 17.5 minutes last season ? Can Swords even average more than 20 minutes per game ?

i dont really care about her stats tbh. I like her fundamental game. She finds ways to be in the right spots and is a tall big body who can take some pressure of Stewart so that she doesnt always have to defend the centers. The combination of Stewart and Langhorne defensively doesnt work everybody could see that last season.
Also im pretty sure that Bird will find ways to get her more involved.

Was that 6th pick going to help us this season or the next? Our main need was a tall center and we got that

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hartley just gave birth a couple weeks ago... how good will she be? Question

Tough decisions by the Liberty coming up with all those guards... Confused

Shades

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Really ?....a #6 pick for a player who only averaged 5.2p & 4.6r in 17.5 minutes last season ? Can Swords even average more than 20 minutes per game ?

i dont really care about her stats tbh. I like her fundamental game. She finds ways to be in the right spots and is a tall big body who can take some pressure of Stewart so that she doesnt always have to defend the centers. The combination of Stewart and Langhorne defensively doesnt work everybody could see that last season.
Also im pretty sure that Bird will find ways to get her more involved.

Was that 6th pick going to help us this season or the next? Our main need was a tall center and we got that

I thought SEA was going to try and make a play for Plum with that pick and something else. Maybe they tried and gave up.

But trading #6 before you even see who declares is kinda rolling the dice.
It may work out for them, but I'm not loving this move for SEA.

Also it looks like NYL are not pursuing Jas Thomas.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Kelsey Plum is planning on demanding that she be traded to her hometown and SEA can get her for a song... Idea

Hey, why not? Everybody else is doing it these days... Go for it. Twisted Evil

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords fit well with New York, so hopefully Kia can fit that role. Hartley coming off pregnancy we will see this season. I think New York did well in the trade considering what they gave up.

Seattle gained a center allowing Stewie to move to the 4, which will be beneficial to the Storm. Giving up #6 isn't ideal, but maybe they didn't like anyone that was going to fall to them.

Washington getting #6 is interesting. Assuming #2 is going to Chicago, they get back into the 1st round and now losing Vaughn and allegedly Dolson, maybe they will be targeting Jones or Coates in the draft. Assuming they keep the pick.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm maybe it is now #2, #6 and Dolson to Wash for EDD (Chicago could in theory get Deshileds or Plum at 2 and Coffey at 6), or Washington is hoping that if they are still trading Dolson, Copper, and #2 for EDD that one of Coates or B. Jones will still be there at #6, or That Mike T is planning to play Meesseman at the 5 and EDD at the 4 most of the time.

Last edited by J-Spoon on 01/30/17 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Setting the Wayback Machine to 4 years ago.....

Liberty and Mystics complete trade to allow New York to acquire No. 7 overall pick

https://1495sports.com/2013/02/27/liberty-and-mystics-complete-trade-to-allow-new-york-to-acquire-no-7-overall-pick/

Quote:
New York Liberty Head Coach and General Manager Bill Laimbeer announced on Wednesday, that the team has completed a trade with the Washington Mystics. The Liberty now hold the seventh overall pick in the 2013 WNBA Draft, in exchange though the franchise gave up Kia Vaughn and the 2013 second round pick (No. 17 overall).

“We thank Kia for her contributions to the Liberty, both on and off the court. She expressed a desire to continue her playing career elsewhere and we honored her request and wish her well,” said Laimbeer. “We have the opportunity to select a fine player with the seventh pick and this move also gives us salary cap flexibility moving forward to continue building a team to compete for the championship.”

zune69

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@Michelle89,

I'm not against seattle acquiring Swords.She's a solid 16-20 minute player.I just believe the price was a bit excessive.Especially when we have no idea who's going to declare for the draft,as pointed out by shades.Seattle would've been better off trading their 2nd rd pick for A.Henry.

Last edited by zune69 on 01/30/17 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
sigur3

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Hmm maybe it is now #2, #6 and Dolson to Wash for EDD (Chicago could in theory get Deshileds or Plum at 2 and Coffey at 6), or Washington is hoping that if they are still trading Dolson, Copper, and #2 for EDD that one of Coates or B. Jones will still be there at #6, or That Mike T is planning to play Meesseman at the 5 and EDD at the 4 most of the time.

I hope the Mystics keep #6 and give the Sky Copper. She has huge potential and this is the wrong year to load up on picks.

Then again, it's possible Thibault pulled the chair out at the last minute against the rookie GM, who doesn't have much say in the matter anyway. Lack of leverage is once again killing the Sky in a trade. :/

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blech... on the bright side, WNBA Fan's Page now thinks EDD is going to the Liberty, so we all get to watch him make a fool of himself on Wednesday Laughing

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does this deal make it less likely Dolson is going to Chicago?

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 01/30/17 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Does this deal make it less likely Dolson is going to Chicago?

Hopefully, unless it means we have to give up Meesseman, or worse, not get EDD

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: