RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tiffany Trump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RM619

PostPosted: 01/26/17 5:01 pm    ::: Tiffany Trump Reply Reply with quote

Throughout his campaign, President Trump was very vocal on the issue of rigged elections, at one point going so far as to make the baseless claim that three to five million undocumented immigrants cast their ballots, an unsubstantiated allegation that Trump reportedly continues to believe cost him the popular vote.

This morning, he took to Twitter to launch an investigation into voter fraud in this country posting, "I will be asking for a major investigation into VOTER FRAUD, including those registered to vote in two states, those who are illegal and...." followed by, "even, those registered to vote who are dead (and many for a long time). Depending on results, we will strengthen up voting procedures!"

Just one small issue: President Trump's daughter Tiffany is registered to vote in two states: New York and Pennsylvania, reports Heat Street among other news sources today.

It's perfectly legal so long as she doesn't vote in multiple locations (there's no indication that she did), but her dual registration happens to be at odds with her father's inquiry into voting procedures.

"The illegality only occurs if one votes in two places, not if you're registered in both," Fred Voigt, the deputy election commissioner for Philadelphia, told Heat Street. He also added that it was "very common for college students to be registered both where they live and where they go to school."

Steve Bannon, Trump's Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor is also reportedly registered to vote in two states: Florida and New York.

The White House has yet to comment on the news.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 01/26/17 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

make that three: Steve Mnunchin (sp?) is registered to vote in more than one location.

PostPosted: 01/26/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's quite common and not illegal for people with residences in more than one state to be registered to vote in each state. It's only fraudulent if one actually votes in more than one state.

Trump claims he wants an investigation of actual voting fraud. What's controversial about that? That's why all the Democrats supported Jill Stein's recounts, or so they said.

I think everyone should support an investigation into actual voter fraud. That would benefit the voting process of the entire nation. It shouldn't be a partisan issue, except for the rational fear, supported by history, that the overwhelming occurrence of fraud favors the Democrat party.

Once we have a handle on the magnitude of the fraud, the states can institute common sense practices to minimize it.
justintyme

PostPosted: 01/26/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Trump claims he wants an investigation of actual voting fraud. What's controversial about that? That's why all the Democrats supported Jill Stein's recounts, or so they said.

That is some Alternative Facts that would make Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer proud.

The Democrats never alleged any voter fraud (there was talk about voter suppression, but never fraud) and that is why the recounts were denied. The position of Stein and others was that the vote was so close that a recount should be done to verify the count and make sure there were no errors.

Yet the Trump lawyers argued that the recount should only be triggered in the case of fraud, and that there was absolutely no evidence of fraud occuring. But now Trump is arguing that there was, in fact, fraud...just not in the states that he won. Rolling Eyes

The problem people have with investigating this is that it has already been investigated as part of normal state audits, that there has been no evidence to support the need for an investigation, and that an investigation simply feeds the false narrative that Trump is trying to assert. People assume when they hear that an investigation has been started that there is at least probable cause to support that something illegal happened. That is not the case here.

PostPosted: 01/26/17 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is a video of Jill Stein claiming that the reason for her recount effort is suspicions about "hacking". Hacking is a form of electoral fraud.

http://for.tn/2fMNvon

In other interviews, Stein claimed there were "predictors" of "tampering" in the three states. Obviously, she was not claiming that illegal immigrants were the problem, since that issue, even if it existed, would have been minimal in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, and certainly wouldn't have advantaged Trump.

I think it's legitimate to investigate whether tampering and hacking occurred anywhere, but a recount was never the appropriate methodology to uncover that. The recount was a political farce and fundraising gimmick. What she really should have been asking for, were she honest, was a forensic audit of the votes.

That's what should happen in all states, including the issue of whether illegal aliens are in fact voting, and if so, in what numbers.

Such an audit might finally shut up Trump about illegal immigrant voting and all the left wing conspiracy theories about Russian hacking and voter suppression. The political atmosphere would be much clearer and healthier were that to happen.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/26/17 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But didn't Trump himself say that there was no fraud and therefore no need for a recount?

And now there's fraud?

This guy (and our country) is in serious need of help!

scullyfu

PostPosted: 01/27/17 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if its not illegal to be registered in more than one state, then why were the repugs/baggers/trumpeteers going from state to state and trying to get people with the same names knocked off both rolls? in fact, they were going off of names only, like there wouldn't be a joe Washington in two different states. they were even targeting people where only the last name matched. their targets were mostly democratic-leaning areas; i.e., inner cities, students. voter suppression is voter fraud.

PostPosted: 01/27/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the blowback is the hypocrisy about wanting to investigate a fake idea of what would be an unprecedented amount of voter fraud in our country (an idea that no one has been able to substantiate no matter how many years they've tried to do so), and yet there's a refusal to investigate Russian tampering, something that Intelligence agencies actually give credence to.

That's why I'm annoyed, anyway.

PostPosted: 01/28/17 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
make that three: Steve Mnunchin (sp?) is registered to vote in more than one location.

I'd like to know how many average folks had their votes thrown out, or weren't allowed a ballot because they were thrown off the rolls, because they were registered in more then one State.

PostPosted: 01/28/17 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The belief held by Trump and many other people that there is widespread voter fraud is partially based on two studies, one by Pew and the other by three Old Dominion professors. These studies are frequently confused and misquoted by both sides of the debate.

Pew found:

Quote:
- Approximately 24 million—one of
every eight—voter registrations in the
United States are no longer valid or
are significantly inaccurate.

- More than 1.8 million deceased
individuals are listed as voters.

- Approximately 2.75 million people
have registrations in more than one
state.

While Pew did not evaluate whether any of these invalid registrations actually voted, it does show that there is a huge potential for illegal voting.

The ODU study is reported in several news sources such as the following, from which you can link to the actual study itself:

Trump argument bolstered: Clinton could have received 800,000 votes from noncitizens

Quote:
Based on national polling by a consortium of universities, a report by Mr. Richman said 6.4 percent of the estimated 20 million adult noncitizens in the U.S. voted in November. He extrapolated that that percentage would have added 834,381 net votes for Mrs. Clinton, who received about 2.8 million more votes than Mr. Trump.

Mr. Richman calculated that Mrs. Clinton would have collected 81 percent of noncitizen votes.

“Is it plausible that non-citizen votes added to Clinton’s margin? Yes,” Mr. Richman wrote. “Is it plausible that non-citizen votes account for the entire nation-wide popular vote margin held by Clinton? Not at all.”

Still, the finding is significant because it means noncitizens may have helped Mrs. Clinton carry a state or finish better than she otherwise would have.

While this estimate of illegal alien voting is far below Trump's numerical belief, when you add this estimate to Pew's empirical finding of 24 million invalid voter registrations, it is inaccurate for the left wing media to claim that there is "no basis" for beliefs about large numbers of fraudulent votes in the most recent and future elections.
pilight

PostPosted: 01/28/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like only yesterday you were claiming No evidence of cheating, fraud, mistake or hacking has been presented. I wish you would make up your mind.

PostPosted: 01/28/17 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Seems like only yesterday you were claiming No evidence of cheating, fraud, mistake or hacking has been presented. I wish you would make up your mind.

Are you trying to be hostile or just playing dumb?

What I said was in the limited context of Stein's specific allegations in her several lawsuits in three particular states:

Quote:
No evidence of cheating, fraud, mistake or hacking has been presented or even alleged in any of the several lawsuits in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

I wasn't making a claim about Trump's beliefs, PEW's beliefs, ODU professors' beliefs, my beliefs, or even Stein's beliefs about fraudulent voting around the country in general.

In fact, the Michigan recount found what was likely fraud in favor of Clinton in some precincts in Detroit, but the media buried it. There were hundreds of more votes reported to the state for Clinton in those precincts than were later found in the ballot boxes.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/28/17 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wtf. Voter fraud is voter suppression. There is NO question it occurred and is a policy of Republicans to illegally remove voters from the rolls.

It was THIS program, known as Interstate Crosscheck, developed by Kansas Sect of State Kris Kobach, and utilized in several states, which tilted the electoral college vote in Chump's direction.

THIS is perhaps THE critical story of the election. It certainly is THE most important going forward to the 2018 mid-terms. Pricks like Comey won't always be there for their phony Oct. Surprise, but until voter suppression is dealt with and removed, and people can vote and have their voted counted as it should, all national elections will be illegitimate, imo.

I'm really sick and tired of these dirty Republican tactics. The last legit POTUS election they won was Ike in '56.

PostPosted: 01/28/17 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To relieve everyone's conspiracy anxieties, perhaps we should investigate voter fraud and voter suppression. Surely that would be a more interesting task than watching an AAC basketball game.

Nixon in 72 and Reagan in 84 won by a gazillion electoral votes to almost nothing. Those couldn't have been tainted elections. Both entered office either disliked (Nixon) or considered to be an dangerous incompetent (Reagan), but both were highly popular by the next election because of their tangible policy achievements.
pilight

PostPosted: 01/28/17 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
pilight wrote:

Are you trying to be hostile or just playing dumb?

I just want to make sure people realize everything you post is partisan bullshit. When someone on your team says there's fraud, you're all for investigating. When someone on the other team does so, there's "no evidence".

PostPosted: 01/28/17 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Wtf. Voter fraud is voter suppression. There is NO question it occurred and is a policy of Republicans to illegally remove voters from the rolls.

It was THIS program, known as Interstate Crosscheck, developed by Kansas Sect of State Kris Kobach, and utilized in several states, which tilted the electoral college vote in Chump's direction.

THIS is perhaps THE critical story of the election. It certainly is THE most important going forward to the 2018 mid-terms. Pricks like Comey won't always be there for their phony Oct. Surprise, but until voter suppression is dealt with and removed, and people can vote and have their voted counted as it should, all national elections will be illegitimate, imo.

I'm really sick and tired of these dirty Republican tactics. The last legit POTUS election they won was Ike in '56.

Agree completely.

It's hard as hell to deal with all of President RunnerUp's shit right now, but Democrats need to focus. Stop as much permanent stuff from happening as possible, and deal with voting rights.

President RunnerUp doesn't actually believe there is voter fraud, he's going to use that idea to develop more ways of voter suppression. Dems have to counter intelligently, or this could be far more than four years.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/29/17 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

'68-Nixon sabotaged the Viet Nam peace talks = treason.

'80-Reagan sabotaged the Iranian hostage release /Iran Contra = treason.

'00- FL culled tens of thousands of voters from the rolls/recount fiasco.

'04- Ohio vote count fiasco

'16-Interstate Crosscheck/FBI played partisan politics w/info it withheld/released.

Ike in '56, the last legitimately elected Republican POTUS.

PostPosted: 02/01/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
'68-Nixon sabotaged the Viet Nam peace talks = treason.

'80-Reagan sabotaged the Iranian hostage release /Iran Contra = treason.

'00- FL culled tens of thousands of voters from the rolls/recount fiasco.

'04- Ohio vote count fiasco

'16-Interstate Crosscheck/FBI played partisan politics w/info it withheld/released.

Ike in '56, the last legitimately elected Republican POTUS.

Seems accurate.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: