RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

You better Belibi it
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/15/18 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
How many Havard grads have played in the WNBA?

Any good Stanford fan can tell you there's only been one

Just keep walking
dinkytown

PostPosted: 04/15/18 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
How many Havard grads have played in the WNBA?

Any good Stanford fan can tell you there's only been one

I think Fagbenle has a Harvard degree. Before she transferred to USC... I could be wrong. So Feaster and Fagbenle would be it?

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/15/18 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you're good enough, it doesn't matter where you go to school ...

And the difference between men and women in this regard is that a dedicated female player can spend the offseason playing against guys and offset the lesser quality of competition in league play.

PostPosted: 04/15/18 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Tell that to Stevens and new NCAA champion Shepard.

I suppose if Belibi can put Harvard on her back and take them a couple games into the NCAA tournament (think Delle Donne with Delaware), I suppose she might be sought after as a pro prospect. Wouldn’t bet on that.

I didn’t realize Fagbenle went to Havard. Why would she switch to USC, to help the basketball career? She ended up being a deferred #35 pick. Kind of surprise to make it as far as she has so far. Is she lucky or good?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/15/18 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/15/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Belibi's most likely career is in an academic profession. Her parents are both doctors. Her grandparents were lawyers, one being a justice of the Supreme Court of Cameroon.

Temi Fagbenle got her undergraduate degree from Harvard and was a grad transfer to USC.

Go, Crimson, Fran. It's the most valuable ticket in the lottery of life.
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/15/18 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Tell that to Stevens and new NCAA champion Shepard.

I suppose if Belibi can put Harvard on her back and take them a couple games into the NCAA tournament (think Delle Donne with Delaware), I suppose she might be sought after as a pro prospect. Wouldn’t bet on that.

I didn’t realize Fagbenle went to Havard. Why would she switch to USC, to help the basketball career? She ended up being a deferred #35 pick. Kind of surprise to make it as far as she has so far. Is she lucky or good?

It has been mentioned before, but the Ivy League does not allow graduate students to compete in sports and does not allow athletes to be undergraduates for five years. If you take an athletic redshirt, including for injury, and want to play all four years there, you must completely withdraw from school for a year. This has led to a lot of good opportunities to take graduate transfers from there in multiple sports. Duke has benefitted from raiding their Baseball and Men's Lacrosse teams in particular.
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/15/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Belibi recently made an official visit to Notre Dame. This little tidbit was included in Prospect Nation's release of Brunelle's commitment:

In addition to Brunelle and Peoples, the Irish have hosted four-star forward Fran Belibi of Colorado on an official visit.

https://prospectsnation.com/story/notre-dame-lands-brunelle

As official visits have only been allowed for a few weeks now for the 2019 class, the visit had to be recent.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/16/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I'm a little disappointed not to see Vanderbilt on that list. Steph can't seem to sell the SEC school to a player truly focusing on academics.

Unfortunately, Duke was not able to make the list, despite being a tremendous academic institution.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: