RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

You better Belibi it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/13/18 3:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hRmBHQ7sZms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 12/15/18 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think people realize how insanely good Stanford is about to become (again) barring no significant injuries of course. Oregon and OSU better clean up now, because in 2 years they won't be able to touch Tara and crew.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/24/18 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doing a reverse dunk in practice.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1073398432360845313/pu/vid/960x540/a20LDDcQZ37FQUyD.mp4

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 12/24/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Doing a reverse dunk in practice.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1073398432360845313/pu/vid/960x540/a20LDDcQZ37FQUyD.mp4

Warming up for the McDonald’s game.
Shades

PostPosted: 01/12/19 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Belibi does it again, and this time a teammate gets involved!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bnTHmzC3Sq8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/12/19 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for loving soon-to-be 'our' player. She's already wearing the right color.

- Amanda Gorman
ucbart

PostPosted: 01/13/19 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
I don't think people realize how insanely good Stanford is about to become (again) barring no significant injuries of course. Oregon and OSU better clean up now, because in 2 years they won't be able to touch Tara and crew.

I was just thinking that. Everyone is playing for second in the Pac after 2020. Tara certainly has hit the recruiting jackpot.

As for Fran, can we take a moment to thank the girl who threw the pass? It was a perfect one!

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/13/19 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have to find a young PG before we become the annointed ones! We have high quality wings out the gazoo, but you can't play five wings at once...can you? The next two years we have Williams, but we need to find another PG after that.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 03/25/19 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/espnw/feature/26309764/fran-belibi-dunking-dilemma?sf209912381=1

Quote:
She never dreamed of her draft night, or an NCAA championship. She never considered what team she might play for or if she'd get a shoe deal.

But holding a stethoscope? Fran has always dreamt of that. Even as her profile has skyrocketed, her priorities remain unchanged.

"Since I learned what a doctor was, I was going to be a doctor," Fran says.

PostPosted: 03/25/19 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

someone asked Tara about Belibi and dunking and her reply was that while she didn't have a dunking play in the playbook in the moment, perhaps she would need to work on making one up.

I really wonder how coach is going to manage all these wings...though I suspect Belibi, if she gets court time, will be playing more PF for us.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 03/25/19 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=26322819&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 03/25/19 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Belibi is participating in the Power Through dunk contest.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1110339751465439232/pu/vid/1280x720/Gzc2D0daK6US4pFB.mp4

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/25/19 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Belibi is participating in the Power Through dunk contest.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1110339751465439232/pu/vid/1280x720/Gzc2D0daK6US4pFB.mp4

and won it.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 03/26/19 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=26360251&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Diamond DeShields is the second of 8 judges in this contest.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/26/19 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These baskets are very impressive and entertaining but I'm going to be a party pooper and cut against the grain, just as I did 15 years ago with Candace Parker, and call the baskets semi-dunks.

That's because I believe a true dunk should be swish jammed down with from a sufficient height and with a vertical enough angle that the ball touches only net and none of the rim.

Like almost all women's dunks I've seen, Belibi gets just enough of her hand over the front of the rim to finger flick the ball against the back rim with just enough angle that the ball will carom down off the back rim. Women (semi) dunk this way either because they can't get their forearm high enough above the front of the rim, or they can't palm the ball sufficiently, to control a vertical downward swish jam.

Belibi does have larger than normal hands along with great hops, and I suspect she may be able to execute what I call a true dunk. Meanwhile, she may have the most entertaining semi-dunks since Cardte Hicks.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/26/19 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
These baskets are very impressive and entertaining but I'm going to be a party pooper and cut against the grain, just as I did 15 years ago with Candace Parker, and call the baskets semi-dunks.

The differences among the dunks Parker did and what Belibi is doing are exponential.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 03/28/19 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think they more than qualify as dunks. The one that scraped them rim was most likely because she didn't gather herself as well as she should have. Her jumping over a seated person shows evolution in women's dunking and I look forward to more advancements in the future. And yeah, I do believe they are coming.
Shades

PostPosted: 04/05/19 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Kb3jWgN-tk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/05/19 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jump'n Johnny Green was considered to be during his time in the NBA(16 years) the greatest leaper in the game. Though his leaping ability coupled with his quickness to get off the floor was legendary (said to be the first to make a 360 dunk -true or not - who knows) it never translated into a legendary, dominating career as other players of lesser jumping ability surpassed him. He did make the All-Star team 4 times in his 16 years.

PostPosted: 04/05/19 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Jump'n Johnny Green was considered to be during his time in the NBA(16 years) the greatest leaper in the game. Though his leaping ability coupled with his quickness to get off the floor was legendary (said to be the first to make a 360 dunk -true or not - who knows) it never translated into a legendary, dominating career as other players of lesser jumping ability surpassed him. He did make the All-Star team 4 times in his 16 years.

I saw Johnny Green block Wilt Chamberlain.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/06/19 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm still hoping she knows enough basketball to get on the floor in a game for Stanford. Her coach says she picks stuff up really quickly and she's obviously bright...so I'm hoping. It would be a shame to never see those dunks, or hops, in a college game. Supposedly Dodson could dunk in HS too, though not these spectacular ones Belibi does, and we've never seen any evidence of it. Belibi's clearly athletic, but does she have skill? Anyway I'll be happy to see her in a cardinal tree uniform.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 04/06/19 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I'm still hoping she knows enough basketball to get on the floor in a game for Stanford. Her coach says she picks stuff up really quickly and she's obviously bright...so I'm hoping. It would be a shame to never see those dunks, or hops, in a college game. Supposedly Dodson could dunk in HS too, though not these spectacular ones Belibi does, and we've never seen any evidence of it. Belibi's clearly athletic, but does she have skill? Anyway I'll be happy to see her in a cardinal tree uniform.

Vanderveer wouldn't have recruited if she didn't think she could get something out of her

PostPosted: 04/06/19 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Vanderveer wouldn't have recruited if she didn't think she could get something out of her

True that. Tara is probably the canniest coach out there. Plus the girl has to be pretty dang smart to get into Stanford in the first place.

PostPosted: 04/08/19 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
True that. Tara is probably the canniest coach out there. Plus the girl has to be pretty dang smart to get into Stanford in the first place.

As I recall, her final schools were Harvard, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Stanford, though I am going from memory.

It was also a statement of how far Duke has fallen when an elite player from Colorado (also the home of Emily and Abby Waner) and a very academically inclined student-athlete did not have Duke on her final list...

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/08/19 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

As I recall, her final schools were Harvard, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Stanford, though I am going from memory.

It was also a statement of how far Duke has fallen when an elite player from Colorado (also the home of Emily and Abby Waner) and a very academically inclined student-athlete did not have Duke on her final list...

Is Duke really as good academically as it used to be? I seem to recall it has gotten some bad publicity in that department of late, but I can't remember what. Perhaps it was bad social publicity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: