Board Junkies Forums

2017 WNBA Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
caune

PostPosted: 12/28/16 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I think that dtsnms tries to say that this board is about basketball and not about who is dating who or it turn it into a gossip board.
A lot of wnba players are trying to keep their personal life private so we can try to respect that IMO.

But there have been multiple players that have based their choice to play for a certain team on who they were dating or broken up with (Katie Smith, Camille Little to name a few) So it might be a solid reason for Jasmine Thomas to stay with the Sun..

Yes but it's common knowledge about Jasmine and Alyssa. It's not gossip. It's all over each other's facebook/instagram pages. They don't hide it. So why do I get blasted for saying 'Jasmine might want to stay on the team because her and Alyssa are in a relationship'. Dtmns (sp?) said rebkell is about what happens on the court, not off of it. Well, the two players being in a relationship IS about what happens on the court if it means they want to stay on the same team. I have NOT once disrespected anyone here aside from a comment I made to Jet Jaguar for which I previously apologized for. Yes I am new to this site as a poster, not a reader, and the other person who said that new people should be welcomed and not chided or whatever. Most of the people on this site are very nice, some are NOT and are rude, and unwelcoming (Shades) but I got over it and I haven't started anything with anyone. As much as I despise Alan Barcoff (the biggest idiot I've ever encountered on the internet), maybe he's correct in his assessment of the people on this site. I hope not, because honestly, like I said, most are very nice here and welcoming, but then there are a few a*holes who like to apparently bully new people away from the site. I say ''whatever'' and I will continue posting here and I will post whatever I want to post here about women's basketball. I do not disrespect anyone (again, except for Jet for which I apologized) and yes, dtmns, your post WAS ridiculous. For that I will not apologize. Sheesh, some of you really need to get that stick out of your butts and get over yourselves and accept that there will be new people joining. And if some of you don't like it, don't open this forum up to new members. Then you can keep your happy little family together without any outsiders coming in and saying some little thing that may ruffle your old feathers.

Anyways, I said my peace on the matter. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Just try to respect the "culture" of the board, simple as that.

PostPosted: 12/28/16 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I did and I do respect the culture of the board. Others need to take your advice.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 12/28/16 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would be happy if we could now return here to discussing 2017 WNBA free agents.

PostPosted: 12/28/16 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lol. The "culture" of this board. What a joke. I've seen people talk about personal stuff (more specifically, outside of basketball stuff) all the time on here and not once has anyone said anything until now. So this whole discussion is kind of a joke since no one adheres to it, if it ever existed to begin with.

PostPosted: 12/28/16 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to add that "personal" is stuff you know that nobody else could know. Such as knowledge a player imparts on you in private. Anything else is fair game if they player lets it known. If you don't want it known or talked about, stay off of social media with your life.

PostPosted: 12/28/16 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
I would be happy if we could now return here to discussing 2017 WNBA free agents.

The free agent negotiation period starts on January 15th, so we probably won't see an official list for at least another two weeks. Until we know who the free agents are, I guess people have to argue about other things to keep the thread warm. Smile

PostPosted: 12/28/16 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

The free agent negotiation period starts on January 15th, so we probably won't see an official list for at least another two weeks. Until we know who the free agents are, I guess people have to argue about other things to keep the thread warm. Smile

Yeah, we won't get anything until core designations are done.

PostPosted: 12/28/16 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SAMANTHA PRAHALIS!!!

PostPosted: 12/28/16 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
SAMANTHA PRAHALIS!!!

She's had 4 different teams bring her in and none has called her back. They see the flash she shows overseas does not translate into what works on a WNBA team. Being in the WNBA is not just skill and clearly she doesn't have something the teams want.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 12/28/16 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
SAMANTHA PRAHALIS!!!

She's had 4 different teams bring her in and none has called her back. They see the flash she shows overseas does not translate into what works on a WNBA team. Being in the WNBA is not just skill and clearly she doesn't have something the teams want.

And you just stated what's wrong with the WNBA in a couple sentences. It's why so many people find it boring and think it's bad quality. Hopefully a team wises up and signs her. We can use more skill and more flash in this league without a doubt.

PostPosted: 12/28/16 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
SAMANTHA PRAHALIS!!!

And you just stated what's wrong with the WNBA in a couple sentences. It's why so many people find it boring and think it's bad quality. Hopefully a team wises up and signs her. We can use more skill and more flash in this league without a doubt.

They might. Probably won't. There are better guards coming out of college in the next couple of years. We've clashed before on our different interpretations of what a "proper" guard is so I won't get into that.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/28/16 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Twitter rumors are starting about an upcoming trade which would have to be for players under contract. No details of even teams. The one thing that strikes me is that Chicago probably gave all of its vets the opportunity to decide whether they wanted to stay with such a changed team. There are a lot of guards available in the upcoming draft and teams like LA and Phoenix might be interested in trading their picks for more veteran players.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 12/28/16 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
SAMANTHA PRAHALIS!!!

They might. Probably won't. There are better guards coming out of college in the next couple of years. We've clashed before on our different interpretations of what a "proper" guard is so I won't get into that.

"Better" is a relative team. Better than a lot of current guards in the league, I'll agree.

PostPosted: 12/28/16 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Simply put the league needs a few more teams. A lot of good players can't break into the league because there are not enough job openings, plus another issue with so few teams, a lot of times, veterans remain in the league way past their prime, taking spots away from younger and better players.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/28/16 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Simply put the league needs a few more teams. A lot of good players can't break into the league because there are not enough job openings, plus another issue with so few teams, a lot of times, veterans remain in the league way past their prime, taking spots away from younger and better players.

There are plenty of people who claim there's not enough talent for expansion

PostPosted: 12/28/16 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristi Toliver and Alana Beard are free agents. Brian already said on Twitter that AB will be back as a Spark. I think KT will be back too.

LA has Riquana Williams coming back and the 4th pick so they should have a interesting off season.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 12/28/16 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

Thank you! This is kind of what you said, but sometimes better more skilled players get passed over because they stick with what they currently have. I guess for chemistry considerations or something. IMO there is no room in the league for players who can't produce. But there are a lot of those in the league

PostPosted: 12/28/16 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Well, there are players in the wnba now that shouldn't be and players that aren't in the wnba now that should be. Some teams such as the Lynx and Sparks are so over-stocked that the league NEEDS expansion. There IS more than enough talent out there to add another 2 teams right now.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/28/16 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb1 wrote:

* at mate correctly described Alan as the biggest idiot on the internet so all is forgiven

But, but, he's an insider!

Boy we need free agency to save us quickly.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 12/28/16 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Well, there are players in the wnba now that shouldn't be and players that aren't in the wnba now that should be. Some teams such as the Lynx and Sparks are so over-stocked that the league NEEDS expansion. There IS more than enough talent out there to add another 2 teams right now.

Wow. I've said this countless times! I never thought I'd agree with you so much! Wink

PostPosted: 12/28/16 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll agree that the league needs expansion. We love for two more teams for 2018. Lots of talent not on rosters last season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 12/28/16 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'll agree that the league needs expansion. We love for two more teams for 2018. Lots of talent not on rosters last season.

Well, there was the Orlando Miracle instagram page (which no longer exists lol)

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 12/28/16 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
mb1 wrote:

* at mate correctly described Alan as the biggest idiot on the internet so all is forgiven

Agreed. The league needs some major shakeups in free agency. Like, we need to have Minnesota lose a star or two and put them on a different team. It's time for some new teams that haven't been all that great the last few years to emerge into power houses. Or is that power homes? I don't know. Lol

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/28/16 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
mb1 wrote:

Agreed. The league needs some major shakeups in free agency. Like, we need to have Minnesota lose a star or two and put them on a different team. It's time for some new teams that haven't been all that great the last few years to emerge into power houses. Or is that power homes? I don't know. Lol

Not what I meant. This thread needs free agency to save it from itself.

The league is still not at a good enough financial place where free agency wold work. And honestly, seeing one team's fan base suffer so much because their franchise players demanded one-team trades makes me fear the possibility that my franchise players might someday as for the same. So, selfishly, I don't want more player movement.

tfan

PostPosted: 12/28/16 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Yeah, when expansion would come up in the past it seemed that more people here argued that it shouldn't occur than should.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: