RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Dellecision
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will happen with Delle Donne this coming WNBA season?
Signs with Chicago for 4 years
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Signs with Chicago for fewer than 4 years
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Asks for trade. CHI cooperates & makes deal before season
52%
 52%  [ 31 ]
Asks for trade. CHI makes her sit part of the season before dealing
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Asks for trade. CHI makes her sit whole season
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
She retires
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 59

Shades

PostPosted: 12/16/16 10:28 pm    ::: The Dellecision Reply Reply with quote

What will happen with Delle Donne this coming WNBA season?

30 day poll.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 12/16/16 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd love for a trade to New York. Delle Donne for Rodgers, Stokes & their 2018 1st round pick. A line up of Boyd-Prince-Delle Donne-Charles-Swords would be pretty amazing. But I think she's heading to Washington. Great boost for the Mystics.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 12/17/16 6:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'd love for a trade to New York. Delle Donne for Rodgers, Stokes & their 2018 1st round pick. A line up of Boyd-Prince-Delle Donne-Charles-Swords would be pretty amazing. But I think she's heading to Washington. Great boost for the Mystics.

This would be the biggest robbery of Bill s career
Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/17/16 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There should be another option where she just sits out (not retire) the 2017 season.

EDIT: Oh, never mind. Just read more carefully of all the options. Embarassed

Last edited by StevenHW on 12/17/16 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 12/17/16 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
There should be another option where she just sits out (not retire) the 2017 season.

How would that be different from "Asks for trade. CHI makes her sit whole season"

PostPosted: 12/17/16 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'd love for a trade to New York. Delle Donne for Rodgers, Stokes & their 2018 1st round pick.

This would be the biggest robbery of Bill s career
Laughing

Looking at perspective of original investments
A swap of third round picks in 2015 + player so ineffective she can't get court time in the 2016 Finals + #11 or #12 in 2018 = Delle Donne

That's a decent return on investment, I suppose.

Gotta be careful what you wish for though.

Angus24

PostPosted: 12/17/16 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She would be a perfect fit for SAS. Maybe Riley could figure out a way to get her.

zune69

PostPosted: 12/17/16 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Delle Donne is open to playing for any team in the league....

Delle Donne to Dallas

Sims & Johnson to Chicago

However,we still don't know if Delle Donne has demanded a trade.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/17/16 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
She would be a perfect fit for SAS. Maybe Riley could figure out a way to get her.

Unfortunately for SAN, they have PG they could deal, but CHI already have two PG's they should be happy with. They have the #1 pick but I'd still say they're in the weakest position to deal. Maybe a three way deal with a team that needs a PG, like NYL?

SAN loses
Robinson, #1 in 2017, first round in 2018

NYL loses
Stokes, Rodgers, Allen

CHI loses
Delle Donne

SAN gains
Delle Donne

NYL gains
Robinson, #1 in 2017

CHI gains
Stokes, Rodgers, Allen, SAN first round in 2018

NYL fans will probably swing fists at this idea, even though they've expressed interest in both Robinson and the #1 pick. They just don't want to pay anything for them.

You can dream all you want, but the writing seems to be on the wall that Delle Donne wants to go to the Mystics, primarily for personal reasons. If winning a championship was highest on her list, I'm sure she'd give serious consideration to SAN Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 12/17/16 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Delle Donne to Dallas

However,we still don't know if Delle Donne has demanded a trade.

ESPN seems to know. They stated that Delle Donne is prepared to sit out the season. That sort of statement has gotta be coming from somewhere solid.

merlina

PostPosted: 12/17/16 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know...I don't follow her very much, but the ESPN article cites the Vice.com article, which cites the interview, and the Vice article overstates what she said in the interview. The guy asked leading questions and her answers were often vague. The interviewer sounded like he was working from the assumption that she wanted to leave Chicago, and she seemed to be speaking more hypothetically. To me, this Vice headline is a huge stretch from what she actually said: "ELENA DELLE DONNE SAYS SHE'S READY TO MOVE—AND TO SIT OUT 2017 IF NECESSARY" She did not say she's "ready to move."

When he asked her whether geography was a concern, she said, "I truly haven't given it that much thought because I know that Chicago has been in this period of trying to find a GM and a coach."

He asked "Have you talked to Syl and have you considered the way in which that happened as a pathway for how you want things to go as you choose your next team?" She said, "I haven't spoken with Syl since the Olympics...people need sometimes new opportunities and I completely understand that for Syl...for me, I obviously always want to play. I don't want to have to sit out...so hopefully that doesn't have to occur in my future."

Shades

PostPosted: 12/17/16 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would she say "I hope I don't have to sit out" if she wanted to stay in CHI?

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 12/17/16 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
I don't know...I don't follow her very much, but the ESPN article cites the Vice.com article, which cites the interview, and the Vice article overstates what she said in the interview. The guy asked leading questions and her answers were often vague. The interviewer sounded like he was working from the assumption that she wanted to leave Chicago, and she seemed to be speaking more hypothetically. To me, this Vice headline is a huge stretch from what she actually said: "ELENA DELLE DONNE SAYS SHE'S READY TO MOVE—AND TO SIT OUT 2017 IF NECESSARY" She did not say she's "ready to move."

When he asked her whether geography was a concern, she said, "I truly haven't given it that much thought because I know that Chicago has been in this period of trying to find a GM and a coach."

He asked "Have you talked to Syl and have you considered the way in which that happened as a pathway for how you want things to go as you choose your next team?" She said, "I haven't spoken with Syl since the Olympics...people need sometimes new opportunities and I completely understand that for Syl...for me, I obviously always want to play. I don't want to have to sit out...so hopefully that doesn't have to occur in my future."

I like your analysis.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 12/17/16 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So how many people actually listened to the interview? And how many people are just using their assumptions without actually listening.

- EDD said how well she meshes the people around her (personnel, staff, coaches) is what will influence her decision. She wants to be around those that are focused on championships. It doesn't really sound like she's had much time to speak with Amber, especially since she was just named the coach. But that statement is also vague, because what does that say about her current teammates? She complimented them earlier in the interview but then said that.

- According to her, she said she hasn't really considered the geography when making her big decision. She never mentioned Washington, or New York, or Connecticut, or anywhere. The interviewer lead her in that path.

Last edited by TotalCardinalMove on 12/17/16 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 12/17/16 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
So how many people actually listened to the interview? And how many people are just using their assumptions without actually listening.

I listened to every word of the interview.

sigur3

PostPosted: 12/17/16 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Delle Donne to Dallas

Considering the situation the Sky are in right now, it would be hard to think of a worse package chemistry-wise than this.

merlina

PostPosted: 12/17/16 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Why would she say "I hope I don't have to sit out" if she wanted to stay in CHI?

Because he explicitly asked her if she would do that. He implied that he was talking about 2017, but she said several times that she hadn't really thought about 2017. So again, it sounded to me like she was speaking generally and like he was trying to frame everything in terms of this year. She never came close to implying that her "next team" would be for the upcoming season.

Like I said, I don't follow her much - it certainly seems possible that she might want to leave and was just didn't want to come out and say it, but I listened to the interview before I read the articles, and I couldn't believe they were talking about the same interview I'd heard. I went back and listened again and it still seemed like her words were twisted. Saying she hopes she doesn't have to sit out "in her future" could just as easily mean that she hopes she's never in that position at any point in her career.

zune69

PostPosted: 12/17/16 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Delle Donne to Dallas

Considering the situation the Sky are in right now, it would be hard to think of a worse package chemistry-wise than this.

I disagree,if chicago can get a package of Sims/Johnson for Delle Donne,they should do it.Having top notch talent on the roster will put chicago in better position to make trades in the future.

sigur3

PostPosted: 12/17/16 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Delle Donne to Dallas

I disagree,if chicago can get a package of Sims/Johnson for Delle Donne,they should do it.Having top notch talent on the roster will put chicago in better position to make trades in the future.

Yes, both players are talented, but in this instance, I really don't want a player who fails to show up to training camp on time and another one who violated team rules multiples times last season. Not with a rookie head coach. The Sky are a dumpster fire off the court right now and swapping EDD for Glory and Sims would likely do more harm than good.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/17/16 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me, a warning sign is the comment that she had only talked to the new coach once. If you're a new coach, I would think you would be reaching out multiple times to your star player.

- Amanda Gorman
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 12/17/16 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe I have found the answer I was looking for, I believe Elena has disappointed me.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 12/17/16 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

these forced trades are soooo accommodating to the players... trade EDD to a last place team for some picks... no more trades to super teams!!

Shades

PostPosted: 12/17/16 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
these forced trades are soooo accommodating to the players... trade EDD to a last place team for some picks... no more trades to super teams!!

She's already talked up the Mystics.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/18/16 1:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think she wants to end up in LA, where she can join Candace and Nneka for an even more dominating Championship series.

PostPosted: 12/18/16 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
To me, a warning sign is the comment that she had only talked to the new coach once. If you're a new coach, I would think you would be reaching out multiple times to your star player.

Tp me that says that EDD didnt request a new coach and got Pokey fired..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: