RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Upsets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Upsets, what has caused them?
Parity
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Weaker top teams
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Bad Luck
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

bullsky

PostPosted: 11/21/05 10:11 pm    ::: Upsets Reply Reply with quote

Upsets galore, whats your view?

PostPosted: 11/22/05 3:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The game has evolved so much, that there is so much talent coming out of the high schools across the nation. The Tennessees, Connecticuts, Purdues, Texas's, Stanfords cannot sign them all. Alot of these players now want to go to Universities where they can make an impact instead of sitting the bench behind other AAU stars. It is only going to be more of the same in the future and I love it. Bring on the parity. Two of my Final Four picks have already been upset, but I don't mind, cause the more the merrier. Who would have picked Baylor winning the national championship over Mich St last year? No one, that's who. There will be new names that we have on our lips by the end of the year that we don't know of now, kinda like Sophia Young last year.

Retav8or

PostPosted: 11/22/05 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:
The game has evolved so much, that there is so much talent coming out of the high schools across the nation. The Tennessees, Connecticuts, Purdues, Texas's, Stanfords cannot sign them all. Alot of these players now want to go to Universities where they can make an impact instead of sitting the bench behind other AAU stars. It is only going to be more of the same in the future and I love it. Bring on the parity. Two of my Final Four picks have already been upset, but I don't mind, cause the more the merrier. Who would have picked Baylor winning the national championship over Mich St last year? No one, that's who. There will be new names that we have on our lips by the end of the year that we don't know of now, kinda like Sophia Young last year.

I like Matty had TT going far this year. Now with 2 upset losses and an expected upcoming loss against Stanford, they will be lucky to stay in the top 25.

On a much happier note, My Golden Gophers seem to have adjusted well to playing high quality TEAM ball after the loss of their AAs (Whalen/McCarville). As was posted earlier by a Minny fan, "The rumors of our demise has been greatly over exaggerated.

Skol Vikings
State of Hockey
Los Lynx
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 11/22/05 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too many women's college basketball fans place heavy stock into rankings (with good reasons, but still...the game isn't played on paper). They assume that the higher-ranked team will always win over the lower-ranked or unranked team. This might've applied in the past (prior to the mid-1990s) but certainly not since then. Men's college basketball fans know better. Upsets in the men's game happen often. The women's game is just now getting a taste of upset city. Upsets make for a more exciting game IMHO.

Upsets should be taken with a grain of salt, though. One great win will not make an entire season. With that said, I'm looking forward to Paradise Jam to see what'll happen down in St. Thomas. I feel that not all will be well in Paradise come the end of that tourney (expect a major upset or two), but that's all I'm going to say about that. Wink

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: