RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Michelle Obama called "A [sic] ape in heels"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/14/16 2:06 pm    ::: Michelle Obama called "A [sic] ape in heels" Reply Reply with quote

That's how FLOTUS was described by a WV development group head and by a mayor in the state.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/racist-post-michelle-obama-backlash-43524986

"It will be refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady in the White House. I'm tired of seeing a Ape in heels."

PostPosted: 11/14/16 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They hate us that much, huh?

PostPosted: 11/14/16 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

But this election wasn't about racism. Confused

PostPosted: 11/14/16 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

One sad reason she is more than ready to GO! Confused

PostPosted: 11/15/16 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh how I wish we could have another 8 years with the Obama's.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/15/16 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mayor stepped down. (Why does a town of <500 have a mayor?? Really?)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/15/michelle-obama-post-puts-tiny-town-center-firestorm/93917502/

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/15/16 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whaling said her comment was not meant as racist in a written apology issued to news media outlets.

“I was referring to my day being made for change in the White House! I am truly sorry for any hard feeling this may have caused! Those who know me know that I’m not in any way racist!”

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 11/16/16 5:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

How does a comment by one person signal that people didn't vote for the Democrats' first white candidate in 12 years because they were racist?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/16/16 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

How does a comment by one person signal that people didn't vote for the Democrats' first white candidate in 12 years because they were racist?

Just so I'm clear- do you or don't you believe there was a racist undertone to the presidential campaign/election?

PostPosted: 11/17/16 4:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

Just so I'm clear- do you or don't you believe there was a racist undertone to the presidential campaign/election?

Just so I'm clear - do you consider semi-enforcement of immigration law a racist undertone?

pilight

PostPosted: 11/17/16 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

Just so I'm clear - do you consider semi-enforcement of immigration law a racist undertone?

A racist undertone would be suggesting a border with a majority non-white country should be handled differently from a border with a majority white country

#NATC

PostPosted: 11/17/16 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

A racist undertone would be suggesting a border with a majority non-white country should be handled differently from a border with a majority white country

Come on, that's not fair. He's not being racist, he's just being rapistist.
If Canadians were allegedly a bunch of rapists and criminals I'm sure he'd want to keep them out as well

PostPosted: 11/17/16 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

Only if all things were the same, other than race. But they aren't.

justintyme

PostPosted: 11/17/16 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

You're right. One of them is the prefered route of terrorists.

PostPosted: 11/17/16 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Whaling said her comment was not meant as racist in a written apology issued to news media outlets.

“I was referring to my day being made for change in the White House! I am truly sorry for any hard feeling this may have caused! Those who know me know that I’m not in any way racist!”

Rolling Eyes

That wasn't an apology for the offense. It was an apology that she was called out on it.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/17/16 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

A question with a question. Rolling Eyes

But I'll answer-No, I don't.

Are you free to answer now?

PostPosted: 11/17/16 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

You know the answer. Laughing

Also, did hiring a white nationalist for his campaign, and now for his party (actually, he's rumored to have hired 3 so far) have any racist undertones?

PostPosted: 11/17/16 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

Also, did hiring a white nationalist for his campaign, and now for his party (actually, he's rumored to have hired 3 so far) have any racist undertones?

What do you have against a CEO of a credible news organization? Laughing

PostPosted: 11/17/16 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

What do you have against a CEO of a credible news organization? Laughing

Sorry, it must just be my liberal bias showing.

PostPosted: 11/17/16 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

So they can't sell it as "terrorist security". But Mexico is overwhelmingly the preferred starting point for drug runners and illegal workers.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/17/16 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
But Mexico is overwhelmingly the preferred starting point for drug runners and illegal workers.

Gosh, that's much more dangerous than terrorists.

PostPosted: 11/17/16 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

We all can't have your great message board etiquette. Laughing

Quote:

No I didn't see "racist undertones". You will have to detail what you saw. And hopefully use that to make the case that someone making a cruel comment about Michelle Obama proves that white Hillary Clinton lost, while black Barack Obama won, because the electorate was racist.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/18/16 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

You've cited a 2011 article, which is before ISIS was even formed. I don't know what border ISIS is going to prefer in 2017, but trying to keep them out of the country is not racist. It's national security.
justintyme

PostPosted: 11/18/16 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

You've cited a 2011 article, which is before ISIS was even formed. I don't know what border ISIS is going to prefer in 2017, but trying to keep them out of the country is not racist. It's national security.

That was pretty much my point...

Border security is an issue to take seriously. But the focus is almost always on our southern border, even though the terrorism risk also comes from the north (and at least in 2011, was the more preferred route).

As far as racism goes, it is the way the situation is characterized more than anything. I think most people will tell you, liberal and conservative alike, that we need to have secure borders and controlled immigration. However, it is possible to do this without demonizing an entire people. Step one is to understand that the people themselves are not doing anything terrible. They are not "rapists and criminals", and in fact undocumented immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than your average American (which makes sense, since they are trying to stay out of the system).

But when we turn them into the boogeyman, and put the blame on them for things that are going wrong we are being racist. Mass deportations? Breaking up families? Serious prison sentences for returning after deportation? Why is it that all of our focus is on the people who are desperate for a better life and are willing to work their asses off for it? Why not go after the businesses that hire undocumented workers? Put some serious teeth into the penalties and make it a serious offense. Penalize the exploiters rather than the exploited.

PostPosted: 11/18/16 3:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
As far as racism goes, it is the way the situation is characterized more than anything. I think most people will tell you, liberal and conservative alike, that we need to have secure borders and controlled immigration.

Don't see that at all. As Chris Matthews pointed out to Rachel Maddow after she lost - Hillary Clinton wasn't campaigning on using E-verify to stop illegal hiring. Nor were any of her surrogates. Nor were any of her supporters. She even had a slogan about "building bridges, not walls" and apologized to Latino groups for saying the phrase "illegal immigrant", even though it was in the context of how much she was going to help them.

Quote:
However, it is possible to do this without demonizing an entire people. Step one is to understand that the people themselves are not doing anything terrible.

You can only come to that conclusion if you ignore the impact an illegal workforce flooding in does to native workers. That is, ignore why we have the law. Do that though, and you are good to go.

Quote:
They are not "rapists and criminals",

Some are. Trump never said ALL.

In a Don Lemon interview on CNN he had the famous quote "Somebody is doing the raping". That was after Lemon challenged him by saying something like "I read that report and they were ONLY talking about illegal alien women being raped more often". So the question would be - who is raping illegal alien women more than legal women?

Quote:
and in fact undocumented immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than your average American (which makes sense, since they are trying to stay out of the system).

I don't know that we know their rate since I don't think cities keep statistics on the legal status of their criminals. But their kids commit crimes at much higher rates. Which makes sense, since their parents are very poor - working for illegal wages.

Quote:

But when we turn them into the boogeyman, and put the blame on them for things that are going wrong we are being racist. Mass deportations? Breaking up families? Serious prison sentences for returning after deportation? Why is it that all of our focus is on the people who are desperate for a better life and are willing to work their asses off for it? Why not go after the businesses that hire undocumented workers? Put some serious teeth into the penalties and make it a serious offense. Penalize the exploiters rather than the exploited.

Hillary Clinton never said a peep about punishing employers. How do you feel about that?

"Families being broken up" is common rhetoric to push the idea that the illegal aliens must stay, but is it just crapola.. No one would force the anchor babies to remain in the US. There are tens of millions of kids living in Mexico and they are getting on just fine. Mexico is not as bad as the left wants to make out.

Last edited by tfan on 11/18/16 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: