RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kansas State's Mary Lakes and a roomate arrested

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/20/18 11:16 am    ::: Kansas State's Mary Lakes and a roomate arrested Reply Reply with quote

Don't know if it was mentioned anywhere else, but if not, here goes...

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article214956145.html

PostPosted: 07/20/18 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trying to make sense of the article. Here are some questions:

1) Did she start school at 17? Most people (not all) turn 18 while in high school.

2) This sounds like a fight between roommates. Does the term "partner" indicate something other than a college roommate situation?

3) She was released on $1000 bail; her roommate $1500. Should this be read as her roommate was the aggressor or that Lakes showed more signs of injury?

4) Lakes was arrested first; her roommate later. This would lead to the opposite conclusion from #3.

I only raise these questions because it is easy to see a story (or just a headline) and jump to a conclusion. I don't know what to make of it.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/20/18 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There isn't much more info out there, except I read that Lakes was arrested at the hospital, so it sounds like she was injured. I'm guessing this was a brawl between roommates that got out of hand.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 07/20/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t know much else, but the age could be correct. If she has an August or late July birthday. My daughter celebrated her 18th birthday with her teammates the summer before her freshman year.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/20/18 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I started school early, so I turned 18 during (actually at the end of) my first year in college It happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: