RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2018 commitments
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4503



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/27/17 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Oregon State gets verbal from 6'7" post Patricia Morris out of California.

OSU will have a roster of 6'9", 6'8" and 6'7" in 2018


And none of them may play. It is hard to be coordinated/agile at those heights.


I think they recruited 3 of them with that in mind. One is a JuCo so she is older and maybe can contribute earlier. The other two can have more time to develop and play as they get older. But with how kids transfer so fast, how often do you see projects stay their junior or senior year if they dont' play much their first two years?


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/28/17 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/05/27/nashville-area-girls-basketball-duo-commit-vanderbilt/351392001/

Stephanie WHite picks up two instate kids who appear in national rankings:

5'9" point guard Jordyn Cambridge. Cambridge is ranked #22 by HoopGurlz

5'11" G Brinae Alexander She is #57 according to Hoopgurlz



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20041



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/28/17 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
tfan wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Oregon State gets verbal from 6'7" post Patricia Morris out of California.

OSU will have a roster of 6'9", 6'8" and 6'7" in 2018


And none of them may play. It is hard to be coordinated/agile at those heights.


I think they recruited 3 of them with that in mind. One is a JuCo so she is older and maybe can contribute earlier. The other two can have more time to develop and play as they get older. But with how kids transfer so fast, how often do you see projects stay their junior or senior year if they dont' play much their first two years?


One of them is top 10 hoopgurlz. No guarantee of course! But she has at least shown some abilities/coordination along the way to get ranked that high.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20041



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/28/17 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/05/27/nashville-area-girls-basketball-duo-commit-vanderbilt/351392001/

Stephanie WHite picks up two instate kids who appear in national rankings:

5'9" point guard Jordyn Cambridge. Cambridge is ranked #22 by HoopGurlz

5'11" G Brinae Alexander She is #57 according to Hoopgurlz


Good for her. I'm interested to see how soon/if White can turn this program around. I always thought her predecessor did a decent job with the girls she had, but didn't seem to be able to recruit from the top. If they could have played in a mid-major conference I think they would have done quite well. White has a steep hill to climb in the SEC even though the SEC isn't as deep as it once was.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/28/17 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This class should complement the incoming 2017 class really well.

http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/110916aab.html

Plus the two rising sophomore forwards WHalen and Overbeck were bright spots this past season.

THrow in the BC transfer post player and Stephanie is probably recruiting as well as anyone in the SEC not named Dawn of Holly year in and year out.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 10571
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/28/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/05/27/nashville-area-girls-basketball-duo-commit-vanderbilt/351392001/

Stephanie WHite picks up two instate kids who appear in national rankings:

5'9" point guard Jordyn Cambridge. Cambridge is ranked #22 by HoopGurlz

5'11" G Brinae Alexander She is #57 according to Hoopgurlz


Good for her. I'm interested to see how soon/if White can turn this program around. I always thought her predecessor did a decent job with the girls she had, but didn't seem to be able to recruit from the top. If they could have played in a mid-major conference I think they would have done quite well. White has a steep hill to climb in the SEC even though the SEC isn't as deep as it once was.


What "SEC" are you remembering?? Laughing To have 7 teams in the NCAA tourney (6 of them as single-digit seeds) seems pretty "deep" to me.

I would agree, though, that Steph has all the right stuff to make Vandy a contender again. This is GOOD. Cool



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners!

<--Maddie Manning, Sooner Extraordinaire
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 10571
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/31/17 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, it's official: Oklahoma has ONE 3-star guard coming in for 2018. Rolling Eyes Add that to ONE guard this year (#32), Sherri's still a few cards short of a full deck, with 5 seniors departing and 2 defections. Shocked



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners!

<--Maddie Manning, Sooner Extraordinaire
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/31/17 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amaya Brown (NM) to Florida State

Elizabeth Balogun to Georgia Tech

MaChelle Joseph is putting together a decent class. That hasn't happened for awhile.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3304
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/17 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/jazmine_mass/status/872209593803395072

ill just sit this here....#GoLadyVols



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 468



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/17 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't read much into that until Nicoletti actually verbals.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3304
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/07/17 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I wouldn't read much into that until Nicoletti actually verbals.


Nothing to read into , just a picture ...



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2656
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan gets their 1st 2018

@Raoul_000:
New Michigan commit Ariel Young is currently ranked #56 in the 2018 class, per Blue Star.

Ariel Young is the daughter of Charlton Young, FSU MBB asst coach, & Carolyn Jones-Young, former Auburn great/WNBAer


UK1996



Joined: 03 Sep 2015
Posts: 214



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/15/17 6:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not 2018, but 2019 5'11 Guard Emma King committed to Kentucky. Dayton, Wisconsin, Florida, and Louisville were the other finalists. This is especially exiting because she is from my hometown!



_________________
Kentucky Wildcats, Sky, & Spurs
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/15/17 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Claire Holt, 5'7 PG from Spain Park HS, Hoover, AL, announces verbal to Richmond.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
PhillyCat



Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 224



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lady Vol beat writer Dan Fleser reporting that Nicoletti has committed to Florida State. This appeared in Fleser's story on Jolette Law:

Tennessee has two commitments - guard Jazmine Massengill and forward Amira Collins - for its 2018 signing class. Guard Izabela Nicoletti Leite informed the Lady Vols earlier this week, before Law's decision, that she was committing to Florida State. She made a campus visit earlier this month.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2017/06/16/jolette-law/403129001/


noleman



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 791



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/20/17 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSU lands verbal from #4 prospect
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/19686551/elite-women-basketball-recruit-izabella-nicoletti-brazil-gives-verbal-commitment-florida-state-seminoles?addata=espnw:womenbb:index

Quote:
"I fell in love with Florida State, simple as that," Nicoletti said. "Not to say that the other schools weren't great, they were. I just loved Florida State.

"I visited the campus in early June, and the comfort that I have with the coaching staff pushed me over the top. FSU has also had previous success with international players, and this also gave my parents peace of mind."


Big pickup for the Noles!


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11199



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/17 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2019 Anaya Peoples (Hoopgurlz #7, Prospects Nation #4, top PG in both) has tweeted that she has committed to Notre Dame.

Point Guard is looking good with Jenna Brown (Hoopgurlz #11, Prospects Nation #12) in 2018, and Peoples in 2019.


mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2656
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/17 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@Raoul_000 WBB: Amy Dilk 5-11 PG, Carmel HS (IN-2018), has announced her verbal commitment to Michigan; ranked #39 by espnW


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11199



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/23/17 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, would you want this player on your team, or not?

"I also want a coach who will make me better but let me be free to a certain extent -- not try to control my game."


Let me introduce you to coach Sylvia Hatchell. I bet you'd be really happy in Chapel Hill.


mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2656
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/23/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
So, would you want this player on your team, or not?

"I also want a coach who will make me better but let me be free to a certain extent -- not try to control my game."


Let me introduce you to coach Sylvia Hatchell. I bet you'd be really happy in Chapel Hill.


Source: http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/19705069/toledo-rogers-basketball-star-zia-cooke-gets-glowing-reviews-winning-gold-medal-usa-basketball


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11199



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/23/17 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think anyone questions her athleticism or skills. That wasn't the question.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
So, would you want this player on your team, or not?

"I also want a coach who will make me better but let me be free to a certain extent -- not try to control my game."


Let me introduce you to coach Sylvia Hatchell. I bet you'd be really happy in Chapel Hill.


Source: http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/19705069/toledo-rogers-basketball-star-zia-cooke-gets-glowing-reviews-winning-gold-medal-usa-basketball


The workout routine described in the article is intense cross training.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
So, would you want this player on your team, or not?

"I also want a coach who will make me better but let me be free to a certain extent -- not try to control my game."


Let me introduce you to coach Sylvia Hatchell. I bet you'd be really happy in Chapel Hill.


Hatchell may be able to fulfill the second part of the condition but how effective would she be with the first part?



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/23/17 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imani Mustaf, Maret HS, Washington DC, verbals to Richmond.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43163



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/17 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sonya Morris to DePaul
Lindsey Jarosinski to Wake Forest



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morgan Jones (2018) Fayetteville Ga. to FSU. Hoopgurlz #28

Is Morgan Jones the most ubiquitous women's basketball name?



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
noleman



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 791



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Morgan Jones (2018) Fayetteville Ga. to FSU. Hoopgurlz #28

Is Morgan Jones the most ubiquitous women's basketball name?


Coach Sue doing well on the recruiting trail! Go Noles!


mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2656
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raoul @Raoul_000

WBB: Danielle Rauch, 5-8 PG, Bishop Ludden HS (Syracuse, NY), has announced her verbal commitment to Michigan; 2018 commit #3 for U-M.


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 14979
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Morgan Jones (2018) Fayetteville Ga. to FSU. Hoopgurlz #28

Is Morgan Jones the most ubiquitous women's basketball name?


I'm going to leave this here and let y'all plug in various combinations: http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/careersearch



_________________
If you can't see, stand up.

If you think it's too loud, you're not loud enough.
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/17 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G Madison Green (Millbrook/Winchester, VA) has given a verbal to JMU. Actually she's been saying this for about a year but I think it's now formal.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
Ladyvol777



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 192



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/17 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gabby Crawford out of Munford TN has verballed to Alabama


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/17 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tory Ozment, 6'0 wing out of Buford Georgia verbals Michigan State.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/17 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohio States last verbal commitment was Jensen Caretti, who will be a Sophomore on this years team. That was 595 days ago. 399 days ago, Joy Cheek left tOSU to become an assistant at Vandy.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/17 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan gets a verbal from 6-2 Forward Naz Hillmon out of Ohio. It's the Wolverines 4th verball



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2656
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/17 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Michigan gets a verbal from 6-2 Forward Naz Hillmon out of Ohio. It's the Wolverines 4th verball
Crazy!


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/17 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5'9 combo G Diamond Bragg from Camp Hill, PA, commits to Wisconsin. She had previously committed to Georgetown, but decommitted when Natasha Adair left for Delaware. She joins Carmen Backes, a 6-1 wing from Chisago Lakes, Minnesota, and Jasmine Hale, a 5-9 guard from Glen Este, Ohio in Jonathan Tsipis' 2018 recruiting class.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2711



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/17 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Michigan gets a verbal from 6-2 Forward Naz Hillmon out of Ohio. It's the Wolverines 4th verball
Crazy!


Make that 5!! Per Raoul, Emily Kiser, 6'2" C from Indiana (2018) commits to the Wolverines.


mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2656
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/17 6:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Michigan gets a verbal from 6-2 Forward Naz Hillmon out of Ohio. It's the Wolverines 4th verball
Crazy!


Make that 5!! Per Raoul, Emily Kiser, 6'2" C from Indiana (2018) commits to the Wolverines.


In 24 days, 5 good verbals! Here I thought things might drop off a bit when Megan Duffy left.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arieal Scott decommits from Duke. She was the Devils only 2018 verbal thus far.

Jenna Brown decommits from Notre Dame: Who new list is Stanford, Virginia, Vandy, and Georgia Tech



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16645
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/18/17 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Arieal Scott decommits from Duke. She was the Devils only 2018 verbal thus far.


Source? Saw PN no longer lists her a single a commit.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin