RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 commitments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/29/17 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Karimsa Ortiz from Archbishop Mitty CA (national power) to Penn State.

Do you think her Teammate Jones 2019 will be leaving California as well? Looks like she can go anywhere she wants even Uconn, but I’m hoping she will visit Norman and pick Oklahoma.

I have zero basis for any speculation ... but what the heck. It's the Internet, after all ...

Since Jones's dad was a high school basketball coach, I'm guessing they stay in California so her family can watch her play -- or at least the Pac-12, because then the games are at least on TV.

But she's a wonderful player who indeed could go anywhere, just like Aquira DeCosta. Those are two of the best in the country in the Class of 2018 and both played for Cal Stars this summer, so they got plenty of exposure and will have offers from all over.

PostPosted: 09/29/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Karimsa Ortiz from Archbishop Mitty CA (national power) to Penn State.

Do you think her Teammate Jones 2019 will be leaving California as well? Looks like she can go anywhere she wants even Uconn, but I’m hoping she will visit Norman and pick Oklahoma.

I have zero basis for any speculation ... but what the heck. It's the Internet, after all ...

Since Jones's dad was a high school basketball coach, I'm guessing they stay in California so her family can watch her play -- or at least the Pac-12, because then the games are at least on TV.

But she's a wonderful player who indeed could go anywhere, just like Aquira DeCosta. Those are two of the best in the country in the Class of 2018 and both played for Cal Stars this summer, so they got plenty of exposure and will have offers from all over.

Thanks for the speculation, I'm hoping that since OU has some ties to the Mitty program she will at least make a visit to Norman, even DeCosta had OU in her top 6 for a long time.
lvf08

PostPosted: 09/30/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HG #59 Jordan Nixon to ND

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZregBnAPWOyidgDlDJbzY7kXEkminSopdnDDQ0/

allenleavell

PostPosted: 10/01/17 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
PrideFan wrote:
Lolo Davenport commits to Delaware after decommiting to Texas

DelaNOWHERE? After Texas? Are you kidding me? Or is it a family thing, like Delle Donne?

Okay Lolo decommited because of couple of reasons. The main reason style of play and same position of commited others players. The Head coach at Deleware was recruiting her when she was at Georgetown. Previous relationship .Texas kids will go anywhere they feel the best fit.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/01/17 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the speculation, I'm hoping that since OU has some ties to the Mitty program she will at least make a visit to Norman, even DeCosta had OU in her top 6 for a long time.

Can you maybe shed more light on this idea? How do "Mitty" and this girl connect dots to Oklahoma?

PostPosted: 10/01/17 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kansas just secured the verbals of three 2018ers all from Duncanville, HS in Texas.

Zarielle Green, 6-0 G #13 ranked by Hoopgurlz with a 98 ranking
Starr Jacobs, 6-0 W
Aniya Thomas, 5-7 G

Still have 5 more schollies available.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 10/01/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Can you maybe shed more light on this idea? How do "Mitty" and this girl connect dots to Oklahoma?

Mitty is the same high school that produced Drob, and Kelli Hayes, of course Drob picked OU, and Hayes gave Oklahoma serious consideration.
Howee

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Mitty is the same high school that produced Drob, and Kelli Hayes, of course Drob picked OU, and Hayes gave Oklahoma serious consideration.

Ahh, thanks. I was thinking JEFF Mitty, coach at K-State, hence I was lost. Laughing

PostPosted: 10/04/17 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Barring anything insane happening, Sean O'Regan has filled JMU's 2018 signing class:
Maddie Green. PG, Winchester, VA (Millbrook)
Eleanore Marciszewski, G, Ste-Julie, PQ, Canada
Jaylin Carodine, G, DC, (St. John's)

PostPosted: 10/04/17 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aquira DeCosta making decision October 10th . Speculation says its Tennessee , but could still be Dawn and SC Along with Louisville . Im praying she chooses the Lady Vols . She can play from day 1 and log major minutes and i know she will be a big contributor .Shes been my #1 target all year. #LadyVols18

PostPosted: 10/06/17 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke gets 2nd commit from Uchenna Nwoke a 6'4 post out of South Grand Texas.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/09/17 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another week has passed and still no verbals for Ohio State...

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/10/17 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No official announcement, but various fan boards are reporting Aquira DeCosta and Honesty Scott-Grayson, ranked #4 and #18 respectively, have both verballed to Baylor, joining NaLyssa Smith #8 and Caitlin Bickle #28. I'd say this gives Baylor the inside track on the #1 class. Apparently the turmoil in Waco isn't affecting Kim's recruiting ability.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 10/10/17 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Next post will be who is the first to transfer out Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/10/17 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
No official announcement, but various fan boards are reporting Aquira DeCosta and Honesty Scott-Grayson, ranked #4 and #18 respectively, have both verballed to Baylor, joining NaLyssa Smith #8 and Caitlin Bickle #28. I'd say this gives Baylor the inside track on the #1 class. Apparently the turmoil in Waco isn't affecting Kim's recruiting ability.

I wouldn't speak too soon about BOTH of them committing to Baylor ...Just wait

PostPosted: 10/10/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would be happy to be wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

lvf08

PostPosted: 10/10/17 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@CraigSmoak

Lady Bears just picked up commits from #2 overall PG Honesty Scott-Grayson and #1 Wing in the country Aquira DeCosta. #SicEm

PRballer

PostPosted: 10/10/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugh to the Baylor commits. Here's to rape culture, homophobia and four more years of choking in the Elite Eight!

Rolling Eyes

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/11/17 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Honesty Scott-Grayson signing is not without risk ...

Her mom is a nightmare, making Kaela Davis' mom seem like a beacon of calm and sanity, and she went to at least three and maybe four high schools. (Word is she wanted to transfer again as a senior, and may indeed have done so, but in the bandit country that is DMV girls' basketball, you never know who's on what team until the first game. And maybe not even then -- one year a girl transferred on Tuesday and suited up on Friday for a different school.)

Then again, Leonna Odom is still at Duke, with the same high school history, so it might work out. Scott-Grayson is a very good player, and so is DeCosta and if Mulkey keeps them happy and productive, Baylor will have two top talents for four years.

PostPosted: 10/11/17 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HSG made her announcement with a "traditional" letter posted on Twitter. However, DaCosta got a little more creative with a streaming video. She had a bunch of friends, each wearing a T-shirt with the logo of a school she was considering, play a game of musical chairs while she played the music. When the game ended, the girl with the Baylor T-shirt was sitting in the last remaining chair.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 10/11/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm PG and Wing are what struck me Laughing

LitePal

PostPosted: 10/11/17 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Scott Grayson is also coming into a team with two highly rated point guards one class ahead of her, Morris and Ursin.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/11/17 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Scott Grayson is also coming into a team with two highly rated point guards one class ahead of her, Morris and Ursin.

This shall be interesting , kids think with there egos before they consider there future these days. Which will be on the pine time can only tell .

PostPosted: 10/11/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
HSG made her announcement with a "traditional" letter posted on Twitter. However, DaCosta got a little more creative with a streaming video. She had a bunch of friends, each wearing a T-shirt with the logo of a school she was considering, play a game of musical chairs while she played the music. When the game ended, the girl with the Baylor T-shirt was sitting in the last remaining chair.

How tacky is THAT? Sounds like DeShields kicked up a notch.

PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

How tacky is THAT? Sounds like DeShields kicked up a notch.

Those were her high school teammates and I suspect they were the ones that put their heads together and came up with that. Decosta is not the type of individual who would have done something like that on her own. She is very modest and low key. That stream was just a bunch of girls having fun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: