RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 commitments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/31/17 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NaLyssa Smith, HG #7 player out of Texas is announcing her choic tomorrow from a finalist grouping of Baylor, Ohio State, Louisville, and South Carolina.

I'm fascinated with McGuffs situation as tOSU. Likely to have only one underclassman on the roster next season and perhaps only two upperclassman. Do the Mitchell clan hang around once Kelsey takes her skills elsewhere. If they leave do the big name recruits return? I get the feeling McGuff sold his soul four years ago and the Devil is coming to collect.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 08/31/17 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
NaLyssa Smith, HG #7 player out of Texas is announcing her choic tomorrow from a finalist grouping of Baylor, Ohio State, Louisville, and South Carolina.

I'm fascinated with McGuffs situation as tOSU. Likely to have only one underclassman on the roster next season and perhaps only two upperclassman. Do the Mitchell clan hang around once Kelsey takes her skills elsewhere. If they leave do the big name recruits return? I get the feeling McGuff sold his soul four years ago and the Devil is coming to collect.

I've often had the same thought.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/09/17 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whitney Howell, 6'1 F out of Santaluces HS, FL, Commits to Seton Hall. AAU Boca Raton Thunder.

PostPosted: 09/16/17 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Desiree Caldwell to USC. Big sis Reece' chose UCLA before transferring to Texas Tech to be with dad who got an assistant coaching gig. Desiree also committed to TT before dad departed. She decommitted and verbaled to Mark Trakh.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/17/17 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two (2018)visitors to Starkville this weekend, two verbals for the Bulldogs. 6-1 Xaria Wiggins out of Virginia and 6-4 jessika Carter out of Georgia. Both top 60 recruits per Hoopgurlz. Previous MSU 2018ers include 6-4 Daphane White Mississippi and 5-8!Brittany Davis out of Georgia

LitePal

PostPosted: 09/17/17 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jillian Archer verbal to USC. Trakh is doing a fine job but everyone knew he was a great recruiter.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/18/17 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Eleanore Marciczewski, 5'11 G out of St.-Julie, Quebec, commits to JMU. Maybe our first Canadian ever?

PostPosted: 09/22/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Collier decommitted from UConn and has verballed to Texas. She cites staying close to home, her debt to Texas and her heart as reasons.

A blow to UConn who will likely lose Stevens after this season. It's a little late to find another post.

I'm sure all of wcbb feels sorry for the Huskies. Rolling Eyes

https://twitter.com/CharliC_14/status/911274966519353345/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23911274966519353345

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/22/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Collier decommitted from UConn and has verballed to Texas. She cites staying close to home, her debt to Texas and her heart as reasons.

A blow to UConn who will likely lose Stevens after this season. It's a little late to find another post.

https://twitter.com/CharliC_14/status/911274966519353345/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23911274966519353345

It could also set off a whole other round of decommits.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/22/17 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dawn is hosting Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Aqirra DeCosta, Christlyn Williams and GameCock commit Destanni Henderson this weekend.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/22/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

I will be beyond surprised if Stevens leaves after this season.

linkster

PostPosted: 09/22/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
linkster wrote:

I will be beyond surprised if Stevens leaves after this season.

If she stays it will be a surprise to me. She will have a degree and more likely than not a championship. If she is the player most have described then she would be a top 3 (and maybe even the No 1) draft pick. But then my opinion is based on what I read and my 8th grade english teacher told me to believe nothing I read and only half of what I see.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/23/17 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

reading thru hoopgurlz a few things strike me:
1) This year appears to be the year of the PG/G's
2) Next year appears to be the year of the posts. (and still Stanford hasn't snagged one Crying or Very sad )
3) In reading about these players it appears very few of them are good outside shooters.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 09/23/17 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

If she stays it will be a surprise to me. She will have a degree and more likely than not a championship.

Good rationale. I said the same thing in the Mock Draft thread. You could also add the argument that if she were so into education, why not stay at Duke come what may? I think she wants a championship to springboard into the WNBA, just like Gray and Davis. Does she want multiple college championships? I'm not sure why. Throw some reasons why at me.

linkster wrote:
If she is the player most have described then she would be a top 3

Depends on her role. Will she crack the starting lineup? What will be her position? Anybody got any leads? If she's coming off the bench, that could drop her stock and maybe have her thinking about staying another year.

linkster wrote:
and maybe even the No 1) draft pick.

Let's not get carried away.

linkster wrote:
But then my opinion is based on what I read and my 8th grade english teacher told me to believe nothing I read and only half of what I see.

Where and what have you been reading?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/25/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another week has passed and still.....

No verbals for tOSU.

PrideFan

PostPosted: 09/28/17 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lolo Davenport commits to Delaware after decommiting to Texas

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/28/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karimsa Ortiz from Archbishop Mitty CA (national power) to Penn State.

PostPosted: 09/28/17 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Karimsa Ortiz from Archbishop Mitty CA (national power) to Penn State.

Do you think her Teammate Jones 2019 will be leaving California as well? Looks like she can go anywhere she wants even Uconn, but I’m hoping she will visit Norman and pick Oklahoma.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/28/17 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PrideFan wrote:

DelaNOWHERE? After Texas? Are you kidding me? Or is it a family thing, like Delle Donne?

PostPosted: 09/28/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
PrideFan wrote:

DelaNOWHERE? After Texas? Are you kidding me? Or is it a family thing, like Delle Donne?

I believe that when Collier committed, it put Texas over their roster limit. They currently have 13 players, with 3 seniors, and 6 commits for next year incl Collier and Davenport. Someone tell me if my math is wrong.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/28/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
PrideFan wrote:

I believe that when Collier committed, it put Texas over their roster limit. They currently have 13 players, with 3 seniors, and 6 commits for next year incl Collier and Davenport. Someone tell me if my math is wrong.

Davenport recommitted from the Bevos long before Collier recommitted from the Huskies. Shae Routt (sp?) reopened her Texas commit subsequent to Colliers commit.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/28/17 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
PrideFan wrote:

Davenport recommitted from the Bevos long before Collier recommitted from the Huskies. Shae Routt (sp?) reopened her Texas commit subsequent to Colliers commit.

Yeah, but DELAWARE?

PostPosted: 09/28/17 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
linkster wrote:

If she stays it will be a surprise to me. She will have a degree and more likely than not a championship.

Good rationale. I said the same thing in the Mock Draft thread. You could also add the argument that if she were so into education, why not stay at Duke come what may? I think she wants a championship to springboard into the WNBA, just like Gray and Davis. Does she want multiple college championships? I'm not sure why. Throw some reasons why at me.

linkster wrote:
If she is the player most have described then she would be a top 3

Depends on her role. Will she crack the starting lineup? What will be her position? Anybody got any leads? If she's coming off the bench, that could drop her stock and maybe have her thinking about staying another year.

linkster wrote:
and maybe even the No 1) draft pick.

Let's not get carried away.

linkster wrote:
But then my opinion is based on what I read and my 8th grade english teacher told me to believe nothing I read and only half of what I see.

Where and what have you been reading?

Quote:

"Every big kid who's a good player and is mobile is going to be compared to Kevin Durant," Auriemma said. "And that's saying a lot. But I don't know how many 6-6 girls can be the one you set the ball screen for instead of them setting the ball screen. That's unusual, but Azura is unusual. We'll find different ways to have fun with her this coming year."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-jacobs-column-azura-uconn-0627-azura-brings-huge-talent-to-huskies-20170626-column,amp.html

Sounds like she’ll be used all over the court, I still think she will play more of the small forward role, if she can defend guards, I think she could challenge Wilson for the top pick.
Shades

PostPosted: 09/29/17 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-jacobs-column-azura-uconn-0627-azura-brings-huge-talent-to-huskies-20170626-column,amp.html

Sounds like she’ll be used all over the court, I still think she will play more of the small forward role, if she can defend guards, I think she could challenge Wilson for the top pick.

That's an old article from June, but I did see some interesting points.

Quote:
Nurse, who'll run the offense, says she knows one thing.

Some were saying Nurse wasn't a PG. I'm penciling her in.

Quote:
"It honestly doesn't matter, although I've grown to like inside a little bit more here. I'm 6-6. I don't want to camp out at the three-point line. The highest percentage shot is the layup. But I always try to mix it up."

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/29/17 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What the hell people? UCONN has its own 2017-2018 thread. I'm reading a lot about UCONNs current team in this thread as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: