RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/20/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
After that season [2015], Montgomery turned down a free-agent deal and a starting gig with the New York Liberty to remain as Whalen’s backup. The bubbly Montgomery proved terrific as a gnat-like defender and three-point threat off the bench, allowing Reeve to cut back Whalen’s minutes.

Quote:
That's eye-opening. Get your tastey documented tidbits from me. Cool

I don't think she likes New York, i remember she took over i think the WNBA twitter feed or snapchat, and she was walking down the streets of NYC complaining about how many people while walking lol saying she's not used to this talking about she from a small town. i believe it was when Minny was in town last time

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/21/17 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dont know if thhis was already reported but just read on ESPN...Retirement after this season. Will be sad to see her go although she is the Thug of the WNBA for many seasons

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/20398053/minnesota-lynx-plenette-pierson-retire-season Laughing

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 08/21/17 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 08/21/17 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Dont know if thhis was already reported but just read on ESPN...Retirement after this season. Will be sad to see her go although she as the Thug of the WNBA for many seasons

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/20398053/minnesota-lynx-plenette-pierson-retire-season Laughing

WNBA's health care insurance premiums should go down a bit next year.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/21/17 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Dont know if thhis was already reported but just read on ESPN...Retirement after this season. Will be sad to see her go although she as the Thug of the WNBA for many seasons

WNBA's health care insurance premiums should go down a bit next year.

RANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDYYYYYYYY you are something else ~! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/21/17 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A report out of Italy states that the Lynx will have forward Cecilia Zandalasini join them for the playoffs. They're only carrying 11 currently.

http://www.sportando.com/en/national-teams/national-teams/244811/cecilia-zandalasini-will-travel-to-the-usa-to-play-in-wnba-playoffs.html

toad455

PostPosted: 08/21/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
A report out of Italy states that the Lynx will have forward Cecilia Zandalasini join them for the playoffs. They're only carrying 11 currently.

http://www.sportando.com/en/national-teams/national-teams/244811/cecilia-zandalasini-will-travel-to-the-usa-to-play-in-wnba-playoffs.html

Shocked Shocked Shocked makes me wonder if Brunson or Whalen might be out for the start of the playoffs but if they're not using Temi at all, this just seems pointless.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/21/17 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pointless to bring in one of the best young players in Europe and potentially deepen your rotation for the playoffs, while hopefully introducing her to your franchise for future seasons?

PostPosted: 08/21/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked makes me wonder if Brunson or Whalen might be out for the start of the playoffs but if they're not using Temi at all, this just seems pointless.

Not really: she can provide some practice help if nothing else. And by doing so, they lock up the rights to a young 21 year old whose team will not be in the WC next year and who would probably come over. It's pretty brilliant, actually.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/21/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what is the deadline for brining in a playoff ringer? (Not that the Lynx should need ringers.)

Her FIBA profile says 6'1" SF. Don't see how that helps with Whalen and Brunson possibly out, unless they think Moore can move to the 4.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 08/21/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So what is the deadline for brining in a playoff ringer? (Not that the Lynx should need ringers.)

Her FIBA profile says 6'1" SF. Don't see how that helps with Whalen and Brunson possibly out, unless they think Moore can move to the 4.

I think Richyyy & Nerd both shead light on how it doesn't hurt either Wink
And Maya occatinally playing some mins at the 4 spot is nothing new.

PostPosted: 08/21/17 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Pointless to bring in one of the best young players in Europe and potentially deepen your rotation for the playoffs, while hopefully introducing her to your franchise for future seasons?

I'd be willing to bet she plays less than 10 minutes.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/21/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I'd be willing to bet she plays less than 10 minutes.

So what? What's wrong with bringing her over even if she never logs a game minute?

Randy

PostPosted: 08/21/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please point out where I said there was anything wrong with it.

In fact, I've gone out of my way to argue against those who complain MN plays their starters too many minutes in another thread.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/21/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Please point out where I said there was anything wrong with it.

In fact, I've gone out of my way to argue against those who complain MN plays their starters too many minutes in another thread.

Well if that's not what you meant, I apologize, but I read it as a retort to Richyyy's comment saying she'd only play 10 minutes (so yes it was pointless).

toad455

PostPosted: 08/21/17 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

but is she any better than Shao Ting who was their last cut and would have made the roster if they could've kept 12 players?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 08/21/17 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So what is the deadline for bringing in a playoff ringer? (Not that the Lynx should need ringers.)

I suppose that's a possibility since starting Pierson hasn't really produced results. The Lynx use Howard to backup the SF, so I'm not really seeing the point of bringing in a 6' forward that can't shoot a three well. Is she a physically strong player? I doubt she gets anything but garbage time in playoffs, although garbage time is kinda rare in playoffs. Also Brunson should be back for the playoffs. I dunno... it's a bit confusing. Let's get Megdal on the case.

Someone used to compare Banham to Jolene Anderson just to piss me off, but look how good she's doing on this team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/22/17 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

This. I'm excited that this came through for us. Can't wait to have her for the rest of the season and hopefully having her come over for more years to come!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/22/17 3:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
but is she any better than Shao Ting who was their last cut and would have made the roster if they could've kept 12 players?

Yes she is better and with a lot more potential. Augustus and Perkins are getting older. Getting a wing backup for the future is a good step

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/22/17 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Will she even get to play ? Does she leap frog Temi on the depth chart ? Id hate to see a player come over and ride the bench which is probably whats going to happen here .

PostPosted: 08/22/17 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Yes she is better and with a lot more potential. Augustus and Perkins are getting older. Getting a wing backup for the future is a good step

She's listed as a forward. Are you saying she has guard skills?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/22/17 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

She's listed as a forward. Are you saying she has guard skills?

With that 3pt ratio shown above she seems like a bigger Alicia Clark Laughing

PostPosted: 08/22/17 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt Zandalasini plays much, coming into a veteran team late in the season, especially one coached by Cheryl Reeve. But it does give them an extra option, and attaches a 21-year old who lit up EuroBasket Women a couple of months ago (on an otherwise weak Italian team) to the Lynx franchise. It's a smart move.

And yeah, much as I hate to say it, she probably is more ready to contribute at WNBA level than Fagbenle, except for the issue of joining an established team a week before the end of the regular season.

PostPosted: 08/22/17 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am confused was she drafted previously?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/22/17 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
I am confused was she drafted previously?

No, she would've been eligible in 2016, and went undrafted. So she's an unrestricted free agent in WNBA terms.

PostPosted: 08/22/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember I kept checking the espn hoopz girl rankings to see where she'd end up. She was the only Top 100 recruit not to sign with a US college.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: