RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Minnesota Lynx 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 523
Location: NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
After that season [2015], Montgomery turned down a free-agent deal and a starting gig with the New York Liberty to remain as Whalen’s backup. The bubbly Montgomery proved terrific as a gnat-like defender and three-point threat off the bench, allowing Reeve to cut back Whalen’s minutes.


Quote:
That's eye-opening. Get your tastey documented tidbits from me. Cool


I don't think she likes New York, i remember she took over i think the WNBA twitter feed or snapchat, and she was walking down the streets of NYC complaining about how many people while walking lol saying she's not used to this talking about she from a small town. i believe it was when Minny was in town last time


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7590
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dont know if thhis was already reported but just read on ESPN...Retirement after this season. Will be sad to see her go although she is the Thug of the WNBA for many seasons


http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/20398053/minnesota-lynx-plenette-pierson-retire-season Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol


Last edited by WNBA 09 on 08/21/17 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8667



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Dont know if thhis was already reported but just read on ESPN...Retirement after this season. Will be sad to see her go although she as the Thug of the WNBA for many seasons


http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/20398053/minnesota-lynx-plenette-pierson-retire-season Laughing


WNBA's health care insurance premiums should go down a bit next year.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7590
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Dont know if thhis was already reported but just read on ESPN...Retirement after this season. Will be sad to see her go although she as the Thug of the WNBA for many seasons


http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/20398053/minnesota-lynx-plenette-pierson-retire-season Laughing


WNBA's health care insurance premiums should go down a bit next year.



RANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDYYYYYYYY you are something else ~! Laughing Laughing Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A report out of Italy states that the Lynx will have forward Cecilia Zandalasini join them for the playoffs. They're only carrying 11 currently.


http://www.sportando.com/en/national-teams/national-teams/244811/cecilia-zandalasini-will-travel-to-the-usa-to-play-in-wnba-playoffs.html


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17704



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
A report out of Italy states that the Lynx will have forward Cecilia Zandalasini join them for the playoffs. They're only carrying 11 currently.


http://www.sportando.com/en/national-teams/national-teams/244811/cecilia-zandalasini-will-travel-to-the-usa-to-play-in-wnba-playoffs.html


Shocked Shocked Shocked makes me wonder if Brunson or Whalen might be out for the start of the playoffs but if they're not using Temi at all, this just seems pointless.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20718
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pointless to bring in one of the best young players in Europe and potentially deepen your rotation for the playoffs, while hopefully introducing her to your franchise for future seasons?



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
A report out of Italy states that the Lynx will have forward Cecilia Zandalasini join them for the playoffs. They're only carrying 11 currently.


http://www.sportando.com/en/national-teams/national-teams/244811/cecilia-zandalasini-will-travel-to-the-usa-to-play-in-wnba-playoffs.html


Shocked Shocked Shocked makes me wonder if Brunson or Whalen might be out for the start of the playoffs but if they're not using Temi at all, this just seems pointless.


Not really: she can provide some practice help if nothing else. And by doing so, they lock up the rights to a young 21 year old whose team will not be in the WC next year and who would probably come over. It's pretty brilliant, actually.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8667



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what is the deadline for brining in a playoff ringer? (Not that the Lynx should need ringers.)

Her FIBA profile says 6'1" SF. Don't see how that helps with Whalen and Brunson possibly out, unless they think Moore can move to the 4.


MNfan22



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 2713



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So what is the deadline for brining in a playoff ringer? (Not that the Lynx should need ringers.)

Her FIBA profile says 6'1" SF. Don't see how that helps with Whalen and Brunson possibly out, unless they think Moore can move to the 4.

I think Richyyy & Nerd both shead light on how it doesn't hurt either Wink
And Maya occatinally playing some mins at the 4 spot is nothing new.



_________________
Minnesota Lynx-est 1999-WNBA Champs! '11,'13,'15, '17
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8667



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Pointless to bring in one of the best young players in Europe and potentially deepen your rotation for the playoffs, while hopefully introducing her to your franchise for future seasons?


I'd be willing to bet she plays less than 10 minutes.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Pointless to bring in one of the best young players in Europe and potentially deepen your rotation for the playoffs, while hopefully introducing her to your franchise for future seasons?


I'd be willing to bet she plays less than 10 minutes.


So what? What's wrong with bringing her over even if she never logs a game minute?


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8667



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please point out where I said there was anything wrong with it.

In fact, I've gone out of my way to argue against those who complain MN plays their starters too many minutes in another thread.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Please point out where I said there was anything wrong with it.

In fact, I've gone out of my way to argue against those who complain MN plays their starters too many minutes in another thread.


Well if that's not what you meant, I apologize, but I read it as a retort to Richyyy's comment saying she'd only play 10 minutes (so yes it was pointless).


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17704



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

but is she any better than Shao Ting who was their last cut and would have made the roster if they could've kept 12 players?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49492



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/17 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So what is the deadline for bringing in a playoff ringer? (Not that the Lynx should need ringers.)

Her FIBA profile says 6'1" SF. Don't see how that helps with Whalen and Brunson possibly out, unless they think Moore can move to the 4.


I suppose that's a possibility since starting Pierson hasn't really produced results. The Lynx use Howard to backup the SF, so I'm not really seeing the point of bringing in a 6' forward that can't shoot a three well. Is she a physically strong player? I doubt she gets anything but garbage time in playoffs, although garbage time is kinda rare in playoffs. Also Brunson should be back for the playoffs. I dunno... it's a bit confusing. Let's get Megdal on the case.




Someone used to compare Banham to Jolene Anderson just to piss me off, but look how good she's doing on this team.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8371
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/17 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Pointless to bring in one of the best young players in Europe and potentially deepen your rotation for the playoffs, while hopefully introducing her to your franchise for future seasons?


This. I'm excited that this came through for us. Can't wait to have her for the rest of the season and hopefully having her come over for more years to come!


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15411
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/17 3:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
but is she any better than Shao Ting who was their last cut and would have made the roster if they could've kept 12 players?


Yes she is better and with a lot more potential. Augustus and Perkins are getting older. Getting a wing backup for the future is a good step



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7590
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/17 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Pointless to bring in one of the best young players in Europe and potentially deepen your rotation for the playoffs, while hopefully introducing her to your franchise for future seasons?


Will she even get to play ? Does she leap frog Temi on the depth chart ? Id hate to see a player come over and ride the bench which is probably whats going to happen here .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49492



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/17 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
but is she any better than Shao Ting who was their last cut and would have made the roster if they could've kept 12 players?


Yes she is better and with a lot more potential. Augustus and Perkins are getting older. Getting a wing backup for the future is a good step


She's listed as a forward. Are you saying she has guard skills?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7590
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/17 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
but is she any better than Shao Ting who was their last cut and would have made the roster if they could've kept 12 players?


Yes she is better and with a lot more potential. Augustus and Perkins are getting older. Getting a wing backup for the future is a good step


She's listed as a forward. Are you saying she has guard skills?


With that 3pt ratio shown above she seems like a bigger Alicia Clark Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20718
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/17 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt Zandalasini plays much, coming into a veteran team late in the season, especially one coached by Cheryl Reeve. But it does give them an extra option, and attaches a 21-year old who lit up EuroBasket Women a couple of months ago (on an otherwise weak Italian team) to the Lynx franchise. It's a smart move.

And yeah, much as I hate to say it, she probably is more ready to contribute at WNBA level than Fagbenle, except for the issue of joining an established team a week before the end of the regular season.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2153



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/17 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am confused was she drafted previously?


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20718
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/17 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
I am confused was she drafted previously?

No, she would've been eligible in 2016, and went undrafted. So she's an unrestricted free agent in WNBA terms.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49492



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember I kept checking the espn hoopz girl rankings to see where she'd end up. She was the only Top 100 recruit not to sign with a US college.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2015







_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin