RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Minnesota Lynx 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49417



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 9:12 am    ::: Minnesota Lynx 2017 Reply Reply with quote

Banham for Cruz trade.

Probably wouldn't be easy to pull this trade off because why would Cruz want to go to CON, but as helpful as she was to the Lynx this season, they might as well have a rookie sitting on the bench.

What's the incentive for CON to make this trade? It might help them lure in the elusive Alba Torrens, who is also on the Spanish national team.

If the Lynx need to throw in the #12 pick to facilitate the trade (Miller loves the draft), they definitely should consider it because unless there are about 6 early declarations, there shouldn't be anybody at #12 that could even compete with Hampton. The Lynx can bring back lucky charm Jarry to compete with Hampton for the backup SF.

Rule out the foreign player who promptly got pregnant after signing with the Lynx. You had your shot. Best wishes for you.

Try to bring everybody else back. Montgomery is probably under contract with multi-year deal. Howard still has a year left under rookie contract. McCarville is in no position to demand more money if her contract is up. Hope her back condition isn't chronic. Implore her to get into a little better shape. Hopefully Perkins would want to come back. Fowles probably needs to be cored. Hopefully she's not ready to move on. Augustus & Whalen should continue to be loyal to the team. Hopefully they can dip into Beard's fountain of youth. I'm going with City Pages in thinking Maya is signed through the 2018 season. With Maya on the team, the Lynx always have a shot at the championship.

My ideal lineup for 2017
Whalen/Montgomery
Augustus/Perkins/Banham
Moore/(Hampton vs Jarry vs #12 pick?)
Brunson/Howard (5th post instead of Hampton?)
Fowles/McCarville

If the Lynx could sign a decent 5th post player instead of Hampton, they should consider it because Maya doesn't really need a backup. Augustus can be her backup. Griffin is somebody that could fill that role.... but ideally somebody bigger. Maybe somebody decent gets cut from another team (Bulgak?) Maybe find a foreign player gem.

Boring roster, I know, but it proved to be an effective, championship level lineup. At least one more shot at that elusive #4 title.

Sparks should be tough if they're adding Tolo and Riquna Williams next season. Whew! But Murphy's Law has always applied to the Sparks more than it does to most teams.




Last edited by Shades on 10/21/16 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57524
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 9:16 am    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2017 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
What's the incentive for CON to make this trade? It might help them lure in the elusive Alba Torrens, who is also on the Spanish national team.


The real question is the other way. What's the incentive for Minnesota to make this trade?



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4646
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 10:09 am    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2017 Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
What's the incentive for CON to make this trade? It might help them lure in the elusive Alba Torrens, who is also on the Spanish national team.


The real question is the other way. What's the incentive for Minnesota to make this trade?


I don't see really any incentive for the Sun to trade Banham.


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 10:32 am    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2017 Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
What's the incentive for CON to make this trade? It might help them lure in the elusive Alba Torrens, who is also on the Spanish national team.


The real question is the other way. What's the incentive for Minnesota to make this trade?


I don't see really any incentive for the Sun to trade Banham.


There is none. Shades keeps coming up with his crazy "Miller loves the draft" nonsense and thinks he'll give away players for nothing.

It's ridiculous and old at this point.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49417



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is already turning into a fight about Miller? If you think it's an old argument even though Miller is new, then it would be wise for you not to continue the argument just because I said Miller loves the draft. Now look what's going to happen.

Gee, why would anybody think Miller loves the draft? He traded Elizabeth Williams for the #4 pick, and Chelsea Gray for #6 pick (and something else, #18 pick?). And although it was under duress, he traded Bone for another ROOKIE and I think most think they could have done better than that. Oh I think they got another rookie in Alleyne. Man, I sure have jumped to some wild conclusion there. All these good players traded for rookies.

Of course, after those decisions that look to pan out to be disastrous, maybe he's soured on the draft. But I think most coaches would like to have at least one first round pick going into the draft. At the moment he has none, and my bet is he'll have a first rounder somehow come draft time.

And please, let's not turn this into a Miller topic. Kick up the Connecticut topic if you insist Miller is underrated or misunderstood. I'd be interested in hearing a well thought out post from you in this matter instead of you lashing out with one line prods against the mere mention of Miller.




Last edited by Shades on 10/21/16 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1086



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know how many years are in the Whalen and Augustus multi-year contracts?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49417



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Does anyone know how many years are in the Whalen and Augustus multi-year contracts?


I'm not sure it would matter, but maybe you'll say. Pretty sure they'll both retire as Lynx. Now watch.... this will be the year they'll trade Augustus.


miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1086



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Does anyone know how many years are in the Whalen and Augustus multi-year contracts?


I'm not sure it would matter, but maybe you'll say. Pretty sure they'll both retire as Lynx. Now watch.... this will be the year they'll trade Augustus.


Ha, no, I don't have any trade ideas. I was just curious.


kojthiabkuv



Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Posts: 1860



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Shades wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Does anyone know how many years are in the Whalen and Augustus multi-year contracts?


I'm not sure it would matter, but maybe you'll say. Pretty sure they'll both retire as Lynx. Now watch.... this will be the year they'll trade Augustus.


Ha, no, I don't have any trade ideas. I was just curious.


2yrs. They mentioned it to the media during the WCF.


miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1086



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Shades wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Does anyone know how many years are in the Whalen and Augustus multi-year contracts?


I'm not sure it would matter, but maybe you'll say. Pretty sure they'll both retire as Lynx. Now watch.... this will be the year they'll trade Augustus.


Ha, no, I don't have any trade ideas. I was just curious.


2yrs. They mentioned it to the media during the WCF.


Thanks!


TotalCardinalMove



Joined: 13 Oct 2013
Posts: 1109



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
This is already turning into a fight about Miller? If you think it's an old argument even though Miller is new, then it would be wise for you not to continue the argument just because I said Miller loves the draft. Now look what's going to happen.

Gee, why would anybody think Miller loves the draft? He traded Elizabeth Williams for the #4 pick, and Chelsea Gray for #6 pick (and something else, #18 pick?). And although it was under duress, he traded Bone for another ROOKIE and I think most think they could have done better than that. Oh I think they got another rookie in Alleyne. Man, I sure have jumped to some wild conclusion there. All these good players traded for rookies.

Of course, after those decisions that look to pan out to be disastrous, maybe he's soured on the draft. But I think most coaches would like to have at least one first round pick going into the draft. At the moment he has none, and my bet is he'll have a first rounder somehow come draft time.

And please, let's not turn this into a Miller topic. Kick up the Connecticut topic if you insist Miller is underrated or misunderstood. I'd be interested in hearing a well thought out post from you in this matter instead of you lashing out with one line prods against the mere mention of Miller.


Quit generalizing. He showed interest in multiple players in ONE draft class. That doesn't mean he will be interested in acquiring 4-6 rookies every year. They already have Allenye coming in, and if she's healthy, she'd be a first round pick in this draft class. So there's no need for that. If Minnesota wants a PG so badly, maybe they should just draft one. Trading Cruz for an injury prone player makes no sense for Minnesota. And trading Banham for another point guard doesn't really make sense for Connecticut either.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23158



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Fowles will demand to be traded to Chicago and you can get DeSouza in return.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7073
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Maybe Fowles will demand to be traded to Chicago and you can get DeSouza in return.

Lynx under Reeve wouldn't be that stupid. If they made the trade they would take the young, promising players and the draft pick. Wink

Still don't know why the Sky brought in Atlanta...



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20699
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoping Temi Fagbenle might be on this roster next season. Same sort of development we saw with Howard this season would be lovely Smile.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49417



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Quit generalizing.


Yeah, nobody does that. It's like modus operendi around here. Not sure it's the right word to apply here though. Oh, and thanks for ignoring my request that this not turn into a Miller topic. I should listen to you? Good one.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
He showed interest in multiple players in ONE draft class. That doesn't mean he will be interested in acquiring 4-6 rookies every year.


I'm only talking about one first round pick. Is he gonna go from draft alcoholic to bone dry in one year? We'll see about that. Miller has been a college coach for a long time. He's used to adding many new players to the team every year. Throwing in the #12 pick was just a miniscule part of my post. Not sure why it's got the magnifying glass. Cruz should be adequate enough for the trade, but if it's not then the Lynx don't really need #12 anyway. Won't make the team. Extending conversations on the wisdom of CON's moves last season isn't the best idea if you're a Miller fan.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
They already have Allenye coming in, and if she's healthy, she'd be a first round pick in this draft class. So there's no need for that.


This might be a good way to look at it, but CON is the capital of WNBA draft. I think the fans are going to want a first round pick if not Miller himself.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
If Minnesota wants a PG so badly


They don't need anything badly, but if they can add Banham, they should go for it. I'm 99% sure the Lynx GM agrees. Give a little hope for the future.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
maybe they should just draft one.


Been down that road before. There won't be anything worthwhile for the Lynx at #12 unless (if you read my first post and it doesn't seem like you have) there are mass early declarations.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Trading Cruz for an injury prone player makes no sense for Minnesota.


It's too early to call her injury prone. Quit generalizing? Might seem like a roll of the dice to some, but you don't understand the prominent Gopher connection. It hasn't failed us yet. This is why I like getting prominent Minnesota high school players for the Gophers squad. You get that little extra element of home town pride. I do believe it makes a difference.

Didn't CON draft Tuck, another "injury prone" player? Why'd they do that?

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
And trading Banham for another point guard doesn't really make sense for Connecticut either.


You're contradicting yourself. Maybe on further review CON will decide that Banham is "injury prone" or not what they expected and they want to cut their losses. Plus, in the first post I point out an extra incentive on why they might be interested in Cruz.

I think the biggest sticking point to the whole trade idea is why would Cruz want to go to CON unless maybe she knew in advance that Torrens would show up.


This is just my initial ideal roster projection for next season. It wasn't meant meant to break the internet. Just one simple trade idea. I've been wanting Banham on the team for at least a couple years now. Why would I feel differently now? Things could change where I might feel differently later on, but for now this is my vision for the team.




Last edited by Shades on 10/21/16 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49417



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Hoping Temi Fagbenle might be on this roster next season. Same sort of development we saw with Howard this season would be lovely Smile.


Yeah, maybe she can be the 5th post to replace an unneeded Hampton, but I'm not holding my breath on her prospects.


mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4646
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would Connecticut trade a 23 year old lottery pick who didn't even play a full season to show what she can do for a 30 year old foreigner?


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Why would Connecticut trade a 23 year old lottery pick who didn't even play a full season to show what she can do for a 30 year old foreigner?


They wouldn't. Thank you.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15406
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks to me like Cruz gets a lot of the blame for the bench not showing up for the Lynx like they did in the regular season. Dont agree with that. Yes she had a bad series against the Sparks but others aswell. Where was Montgomery? Where was Perkins? Where was Howard?

The Lynx want to go for another championship next season so Cruz will be of more help then Banham will..



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17638



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the Lynx need a more legit backup center for Fowles. I think McCarville's better days have past.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4722



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx are in the same shape as the Sparks, they really don't need to do much to stay in the mix, even with age creeping in on some of the players this year's core if they are healthy can get the Lynx back to the finals, it is the other teams that will have to catch up

so you start with

Whalen/Montgomery
Augustus/Perkins
Moore
Brunson/Howard
Fowles

Then fill out with current players or new ones

current
Cruz, McCarville, Hampton

then you've got #12
rights to Jarry
rights to Fagbenle

right there you have enough to be fine. Maybe Cruz doesn't come back, maybe McCarville's health becomes an issue for next year, maybe you could pick up someone of the waiver wire who might be better than Hampton or you can get Jarry to show up making someone expendable? The Lynx will be a good shape either way. But if Minny wants that 12th player they need to move on from Cruz and/or J-Mac and bring in a couple of players on rookie contracts.

If I was going to try and make a change I would look to bring in a younger guard who can be a part of the future, not just a place holder so I can see why Shades would want to take a look at getting Banham, (though I'm not sure Cruz or #12 could get it done, maybe both pieces together if Cruz would agree to show up in Conn but it is a stretch). There might be someone like Epps or Weise who will be available at #12 especially if a few more declare at the top of the draft. Moving up the draft is hard, Minny won't part with a vet or starter IMO, Cruz is the most moveable piece, but international player who might have National team commitments do loose some value, I can't imaging the Lynx offering Howard or Montgomerty, Howards on a cheap contract and Monty is both a back up PG and offense off the bench, why trade her to get the same thing back?

So bring in Jarry and draft well at #12 and keep an eye on the waiver wire seems like the best plan, The Lynx will still be an elite team in 17 either way.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7073
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I kind of what to change my avatar picture to the shot clock violation and my signature to "road2redemption", but I think too many would miss that I am poking fun at the Merc and not just being salty. Laughing



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8366
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
So I kind of what to change my avatar picture to the shot clock violation and my signature to "road2redemption", but I think too many would miss that I am poking fun at the Merc and not just being salty. Laughing


Mess. I thought about changing my avatar to the shot clock violation too Laughing But I figured it would be too soon Laughing


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
So I kind of what to change my avatar picture to the shot clock violation and my signature to "road2redemption", but I think too many would miss that I am poking fun at the Merc and not just being salty. Laughing


Just cuddle your three trophies for solace. It's a luxury few can claim.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
kojthiabkuv



Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Posts: 1860



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
justintyme wrote:
So I kind of what to change my avatar picture to the shot clock violation and my signature to "road2redemption", but I think too many would miss that I am poking fun at the Merc and not just being salty. Laughing


Mess. I thought about changing my avatar to the shot clock violation too Laughing But I figured it would be too soon Laughing


If you guys do it- I'll do it Very Happy


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin