RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Minnesota Lynx 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 9:12 am    ::: Minnesota Lynx 2017 Reply Reply with quote

Banham for Cruz trade.

Probably wouldn't be easy to pull this trade off because why would Cruz want to go to CON, but as helpful as she was to the Lynx this season, they might as well have a rookie sitting on the bench.

What's the incentive for CON to make this trade? It might help them lure in the elusive Alba Torrens, who is also on the Spanish national team.

If the Lynx need to throw in the #12 pick to facilitate the trade (Miller loves the draft), they definitely should consider it because unless there are about 6 early declarations, there shouldn't be anybody at #12 that could even compete with Hampton. The Lynx can bring back lucky charm Jarry to compete with Hampton for the backup SF.

Rule out the foreign player who promptly got pregnant after signing with the Lynx. You had your shot. Best wishes for you.

Try to bring everybody else back. Montgomery is probably under contract with multi-year deal. Howard still has a year left under rookie contract. McCarville is in no position to demand more money if her contract is up. Hope her back condition isn't chronic. Implore her to get into a little better shape. Hopefully Perkins would want to come back. Fowles probably needs to be cored. Hopefully she's not ready to move on. Augustus & Whalen should continue to be loyal to the team. Hopefully they can dip into Beard's fountain of youth. I'm going with City Pages in thinking Maya is signed through the 2018 season. With Maya on the team, the Lynx always have a shot at the championship.

My ideal lineup for 2017
Whalen/Montgomery
Augustus/Perkins/Banham
Moore/(Hampton vs Jarry vs #12 pick?)
Brunson/Howard (5th post instead of Hampton?)
Fowles/McCarville

If the Lynx could sign a decent 5th post player instead of Hampton, they should consider it because Maya doesn't really need a backup. Augustus can be her backup. Griffin is somebody that could fill that role.... but ideally somebody bigger. Maybe somebody decent gets cut from another team (Bulgak?) Maybe find a foreign player gem.

Boring roster, I know, but it proved to be an effective, championship level lineup. At least one more shot at that elusive #4 title.

Sparks should be tough if they're adding Tolo and Riquna Williams next season. Whew! But Murphy's Law has always applied to the Sparks more than it does to most teams.




Last edited by Shades on 10/21/16 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54222
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 9:16 am    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2017 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
What's the incentive for CON to make this trade? It might help them lure in the elusive Alba Torrens, who is also on the Spanish national team.


The real question is the other way. What's the incentive for Minnesota to make this trade?



_________________
Who gets their hair cut by Elvis' barber?
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4308
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 10:09 am    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2017 Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
What's the incentive for CON to make this trade? It might help them lure in the elusive Alba Torrens, who is also on the Spanish national team.


The real question is the other way. What's the incentive for Minnesota to make this trade?


I don't see really any incentive for the Sun to trade Banham.



_________________
Quote:
EDD will not come in and dominate like some of you are thinking.
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18481



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 10:32 am    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2017 Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
What's the incentive for CON to make this trade? It might help them lure in the elusive Alba Torrens, who is also on the Spanish national team.


The real question is the other way. What's the incentive for Minnesota to make this trade?


I don't see really any incentive for the Sun to trade Banham.


There is none. Shades keeps coming up with his crazy "Miller loves the draft" nonsense and thinks he'll give away players for nothing.

It's ridiculous and old at this point.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is already turning into a fight about Miller? If you think it's an old argument even though Miller is new, then it would be wise for you not to continue the argument just because I said Miller loves the draft. Now look what's going to happen.

Gee, why would anybody think Miller loves the draft? He traded Elizabeth Williams for the #4 pick, and Chelsea Gray for #6 pick (and something else, #18 pick?). And although it was under duress, he traded Bone for another ROOKIE and I think most think they could have done better than that. Oh I think they got another rookie in Alleyne. Man, I sure have jumped to some wild conclusion there. All these good players traded for rookies.

Of course, after those decisions that look to pan out to be disastrous, maybe he's soured on the draft. But I think most coaches would like to have at least one first round pick going into the draft. At the moment he has none, and my bet is he'll have a first rounder somehow come draft time.

And please, let's not turn this into a Miller topic. Kick up the Connecticut topic if you insist Miller is underrated or misunderstood. I'd be interested in hearing a well thought out post from you in this matter instead of you lashing out with one line prods against the mere mention of Miller.




Last edited by Shades on 10/21/16 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 896



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know how many years are in the Whalen and Augustus multi-year contracts?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Does anyone know how many years are in the Whalen and Augustus multi-year contracts?


I'm not sure it would matter, but maybe you'll say. Pretty sure they'll both retire as Lynx. Now watch.... this will be the year they'll trade Augustus.


miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 896



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Does anyone know how many years are in the Whalen and Augustus multi-year contracts?


I'm not sure it would matter, but maybe you'll say. Pretty sure they'll both retire as Lynx. Now watch.... this will be the year they'll trade Augustus.


Ha, no, I don't have any trade ideas. I was just curious.


kojthiabkuv



Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Posts: 1762



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Shades wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Does anyone know how many years are in the Whalen and Augustus multi-year contracts?


I'm not sure it would matter, but maybe you'll say. Pretty sure they'll both retire as Lynx. Now watch.... this will be the year they'll trade Augustus.


Ha, no, I don't have any trade ideas. I was just curious.


2yrs. They mentioned it to the media during the WCF.


miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 896



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Shades wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Does anyone know how many years are in the Whalen and Augustus multi-year contracts?


I'm not sure it would matter, but maybe you'll say. Pretty sure they'll both retire as Lynx. Now watch.... this will be the year they'll trade Augustus.


Ha, no, I don't have any trade ideas. I was just curious.


2yrs. They mentioned it to the media during the WCF.


Thanks!


TotalCardinalMove



Joined: 13 Oct 2013
Posts: 991



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
This is already turning into a fight about Miller? If you think it's an old argument even though Miller is new, then it would be wise for you not to continue the argument just because I said Miller loves the draft. Now look what's going to happen.

Gee, why would anybody think Miller loves the draft? He traded Elizabeth Williams for the #4 pick, and Chelsea Gray for #6 pick (and something else, #18 pick?). And although it was under duress, he traded Bone for another ROOKIE and I think most think they could have done better than that. Oh I think they got another rookie in Alleyne. Man, I sure have jumped to some wild conclusion there. All these good players traded for rookies.

Of course, after those decisions that look to pan out to be disastrous, maybe he's soured on the draft. But I think most coaches would like to have at least one first round pick going into the draft. At the moment he has none, and my bet is he'll have a first rounder somehow come draft time.

And please, let's not turn this into a Miller topic. Kick up the Connecticut topic if you insist Miller is underrated or misunderstood. I'd be interested in hearing a well thought out post from you in this matter instead of you lashing out with one line prods against the mere mention of Miller.


Quit generalizing. He showed interest in multiple players in ONE draft class. That doesn't mean he will be interested in acquiring 4-6 rookies every year. They already have Allenye coming in, and if she's healthy, she'd be a first round pick in this draft class. So there's no need for that. If Minnesota wants a PG so badly, maybe they should just draft one. Trading Cruz for an injury prone player makes no sense for Minnesota. And trading Banham for another point guard doesn't really make sense for Connecticut either.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20063



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Fowles will demand to be traded to Chicago and you can get DeSouza in return.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6105
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Maybe Fowles will demand to be traded to Chicago and you can get DeSouza in return.

Lynx under Reeve wouldn't be that stupid. If they made the trade they would take the young, promising players and the draft pick. Wink

Still don't know why the Sky brought in Atlanta...



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19250
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoping Temi Fagbenle might be on this roster next season. Same sort of development we saw with Howard this season would be lovely Smile.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Quit generalizing.


Yeah, nobody does that. It's like modus operendi around here. Not sure it's the right word to apply here though. Oh, and thanks for ignoring my request that this not turn into a Miller topic. I should listen to you? Good one.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
He showed interest in multiple players in ONE draft class. That doesn't mean he will be interested in acquiring 4-6 rookies every year.


I'm only talking about one first round pick. Is he gonna go from draft alcoholic to bone dry in one year? We'll see about that. Miller has been a college coach for a long time. He's used to adding many new players to the team every year. Throwing in the #12 pick was just a miniscule part of my post. Not sure why it's got the magnifying glass. Cruz should be adequate enough for the trade, but if it's not then the Lynx don't really need #12 anyway. Won't make the team. Extending conversations on the wisdom of CON's moves last season isn't the best idea if you're a Miller fan.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
They already have Allenye coming in, and if she's healthy, she'd be a first round pick in this draft class. So there's no need for that.


This might be a good way to look at it, but CON is the capital of WNBA draft. I think the fans are going to want a first round pick if not Miller himself.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
If Minnesota wants a PG so badly


They don't need anything badly, but if they can add Banham, they should go for it. I'm 99% sure the Lynx GM agrees. Give a little hope for the future.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
maybe they should just draft one.


Been down that road before. There won't be anything worthwhile for the Lynx at #12 unless (if you read my first post and it doesn't seem like you have) there are mass early declarations.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Trading Cruz for an injury prone player makes no sense for Minnesota.


It's too early to call her injury prone. Quit generalizing? Might seem like a roll of the dice to some, but you don't understand the prominent Gopher connection. It hasn't failed us yet. This is why I like getting prominent Minnesota high school players for the Gophers squad. You get that little extra element of home town pride. I do believe it makes a difference.

Didn't CON draft Tuck, another "injury prone" player? Why'd they do that?

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
And trading Banham for another point guard doesn't really make sense for Connecticut either.


You're contradicting yourself. Maybe on further review CON will decide that Banham is "injury prone" or not what they expected and they want to cut their losses. Plus, in the first post I point out an extra incentive on why they might be interested in Cruz.

I think the biggest sticking point to the whole trade idea is why would Cruz want to go to CON unless maybe she knew in advance that Torrens would show up.


This is just my initial ideal roster projection for next season. It wasn't meant meant to break the internet. Just one simple trade idea. I've been wanting Banham on the team for at least a couple years now. Why would I feel differently now? Things could change where I might feel differently later on, but for now this is my vision for the team.




Last edited by Shades on 10/21/16 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Hoping Temi Fagbenle might be on this roster next season. Same sort of development we saw with Howard this season would be lovely Smile.


Yeah, maybe she can be the 5th post to replace an unneeded Hampton, but I'm not holding my breath on her prospects.


mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4308
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would Connecticut trade a 23 year old lottery pick who didn't even play a full season to show what she can do for a 30 year old foreigner?



_________________
Quote:
EDD will not come in and dominate like some of you are thinking.
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18481



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Why would Connecticut trade a 23 year old lottery pick who didn't even play a full season to show what she can do for a 30 year old foreigner?


They wouldn't. Thank you.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14169
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks to me like Cruz gets a lot of the blame for the bench not showing up for the Lynx like they did in the regular season. Dont agree with that. Yes she had a bad series against the Sparks but others aswell. Where was Montgomery? Where was Perkins? Where was Howard?

The Lynx want to go for another championship next season so Cruz will be of more help then Banham will..



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13803



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/16 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the Lynx need a more legit backup center for Fowles. I think McCarville's better days have past.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3845



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx are in the same shape as the Sparks, they really don't need to do much to stay in the mix, even with age creeping in on some of the players this year's core if they are healthy can get the Lynx back to the finals, it is the other teams that will have to catch up

so you start with

Whalen/Montgomery
Augustus/Perkins
Moore
Brunson/Howard
Fowles

Then fill out with current players or new ones

current
Cruz, McCarville, Hampton

then you've got #12
rights to Jarry
rights to Fagbenle

right there you have enough to be fine. Maybe Cruz doesn't come back, maybe McCarville's health becomes an issue for next year, maybe you could pick up someone of the waiver wire who might be better than Hampton or you can get Jarry to show up making someone expendable? The Lynx will be a good shape either way. But if Minny wants that 12th player they need to move on from Cruz and/or J-Mac and bring in a couple of players on rookie contracts.

If I was going to try and make a change I would look to bring in a younger guard who can be a part of the future, not just a place holder so I can see why Shades would want to take a look at getting Banham, (though I'm not sure Cruz or #12 could get it done, maybe both pieces together if Cruz would agree to show up in Conn but it is a stretch). There might be someone like Epps or Weise who will be available at #12 especially if a few more declare at the top of the draft. Moving up the draft is hard, Minny won't part with a vet or starter IMO, Cruz is the most moveable piece, but international player who might have National team commitments do loose some value, I can't imaging the Lynx offering Howard or Montgomerty, Howards on a cheap contract and Monty is both a back up PG and offense off the bench, why trade her to get the same thing back?

So bring in Jarry and draft well at #12 and keep an eye on the waiver wire seems like the best plan, The Lynx will still be an elite team in 17 either way.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6105
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I kind of what to change my avatar picture to the shot clock violation and my signature to "road2redemption", but I think too many would miss that I am poking fun at the Merc and not just being salty. Laughing



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7470
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
So I kind of what to change my avatar picture to the shot clock violation and my signature to "road2redemption", but I think too many would miss that I am poking fun at the Merc and not just being salty. Laughing


Mess. I thought about changing my avatar to the shot clock violation too Laughing But I figured it would be too soon Laughing


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 14992
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
So I kind of what to change my avatar picture to the shot clock violation and my signature to "road2redemption", but I think too many would miss that I am poking fun at the Merc and not just being salty. Laughing


Just cuddle your three trophies for solace. It's a luxury few can claim.



_________________
If you can't see, stand up.

If you think it's too loud, you're not loud enough.
kojthiabkuv



Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Posts: 1762



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
justintyme wrote:
So I kind of what to change my avatar picture to the shot clock violation and my signature to "road2redemption", but I think too many would miss that I am poking fun at the Merc and not just being salty. Laughing


Mess. I thought about changing my avatar to the shot clock violation too Laughing But I figured it would be too soon Laughing


If you guys do it- I'll do it Very Happy


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20063



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

then hopefully Sparks fans change theirs to the missed backcourt violation in #4. hee. hee. let's stir it up.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6105
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/16 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
then hopefully Sparks fans change theirs to the missed backcourt violation in #4. hee. hee. let's stir it up.

Lol. Do eeeet! Though the Sparks have no way to troll the Merc with #road2redemption Wink Laughing Twisted Evil



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/24/16 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*Everyone except McCarville and Keisha Hampton is under contract for next year.

*Augustus and Brunson will not play overseas this winter.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 10/24/16 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
kojthiabkuv



Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Posts: 1762



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/24/16 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
*Everyone except McCarville and rookie Keisha Hampton is under contract for next year

*Augustus and Brunson will not play overseas this winter.


Whalen? Moore?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/24/16 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What?

Whalen already retired from overseas play last year. These are the new retirees.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 3669
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/24/16 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, we've got some Rebkellians stompfoot insisting that this trade would be a dopey for the Sun and others stompfoot insisting it would be dopey for the Lynx.

That equipoise may provide hope to Shades.

However, given 23 vs 30, I think the trade gets torpedoed by the Kallam Law of 27.
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5603



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/24/16 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe minnesota can pull off a trade for A.Henry.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19250
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/24/16 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Maybe minnesota can pull off a trade for A.Henry.

On a roster with a crapload of expensive veterans they have to fit under the cap, they sure as hell don't want another expensive contract that couldn't even get off the bench on a lottery team.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/24/16 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whether a player is 23 or 30 doesn't make a difference if you think they can help you win in the next couple of years. Do CON want to win now or are they looking more like 5 years down the road?

Sienko, Thibault, and Donovan are gone now, but they all expressed a strong interest in luring Alba Torrens over to the team. A 2009 third round pick that has reached international prominence. The reason she didn't come over to the WNBA right away is the coach of the Spanish team (in AUS coach fashion) alluded that playing in WNBA could hurt her chances to make the national team. I don't think she has to worry about that anymore. Cruz and Xargay aren't worried. So what's going to be at little extra motivation to get Torrens over the hump, stop waffling and finally start playing for the team that drafted her over 7 years ago?

Some say Torrens could be a game changer. Did you watch the Olympics? Now if you're interested in winning in the next couple of years, who's going to help you more, Cruz and Torrens or Banham, who will likely be stuck behind Thomas for the next couple of years. If you can't see past two feet in front of your nose, maybe all you can see is 23 vs 30.... numbers. Meaningless numbers on a page.

Of course with the team of Cox and Miller, we have no clue how much they even about or desire Torrens.

This is all early wishlist and speculation stuff. Nothing to get bent about.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4308
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/24/16 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If you can't see past two feet in front of your nose, maybe all you can see is 23 vs 30.... numbers. Meaningless numbers on a page.


A lottery pick is not only an asset, but an investment. And every GM with a brain wants that return on investment instead of shipping them without even seeing what they're fully capable of doing is what you keep missing. I'm not saying Banham will be the next Becky Hammon, but there's a chance she can be. So you don't give that up for an older backup with really no potential to maybe entice another foreigner to come over.

In regards to Torrens, I would be throughly surprised if all it took was for a 30 year old National teammate to entice her to come to rural Connecticut for three months. I'll be surprised if we even see Torrens ever play in the league, and the older she gets it becomes more slim.



_________________
Quote:
EDD will not come in and dominate like some of you are thinking.
MNfan22



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/24/16 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I look for the Lynx to continue to look to complement the/(my) top 7 players to keep the title window wide open

The starting 5 plus Howard & Perkins are solid for me. The later 2 will have a yr in MN under their belts and could build on being more useful next summer. McCarvile, gone, thanks for your services. Hampton is a 3/4 tweener who can't hang as a pro PF and thus could easily not retain her spot.
Thus Hampton & the balance of the reserves are negotiable and/or in completion with any draft picks, returning players and/or free agents the Lynx might be able to afford.

Biggest needs: a sturdy post who likes to bang and a guard with floor general skills. (not looking at Banham to fill this need) Of course both need to like to defend.



_________________
Minnesota Lynx-est 1999-WNBA Champs!'11,'13,'15
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/25/16 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be very surprised if Montgomery is dealt. I'd be shocked if #12 could beat her out. That's not happening.

I wouldn't be too quick to eject McCarville, especially if she can get healthy. Not many with her skill level looking for work in the WNBA.

Even though Cruz appears to be Reeve's recruit, to me she seems like the best candidate to be traded if she's amenable. If Cruz isn't dealt, I see her staying with the team. Of course, maybe she's not interested in being the fifth guard and doesn't want to come back.

I'd kinda like that 5th guard spot go to a promising developmental player, but we all know Reeve hates developmental players. Liston shot over 40% from three in both her years and that wasn't enough to keep her job. Lasting two years is a miracle for a developmental player in this system, so that 5th guard spot would have to be someone special that would be given every opportunity to actually develop. Sounds like Banham to me.... somebody Roger will want to work out.

Of course if the Sparks are foolish enough to let Dabovic go, I wouldn't mind exploring that opportunity.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18481



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/25/16 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I'd be very surprised if Montgomery is dealt. I'd be shocked if #12 could beat her out. That's not happening.

I wouldn't be too quick to eject McCarville, especially if she can get healthy. Not many with her skill level looking for work in the WNBA.

Even though Cruz appears to be Reeve's recruit, to me she seems like the best candidate to be traded if she's amenable. If Cruz isn't dealt, I see her staying with the team. Of course, maybe she's not interested in being the fifth guard and doesn't want to come back.

I'd kinda like that 5th guard spot go to a promising developmental player, but we all know Reeve hates developmental players. Liston shot over 40% from three in both her years and that wasn't enough to keep her job. Lasting two years is a miracle for a developmental player in this system, so that 5th guard spot would have to be someone special that would be given every opportunity to actually develop. Sounds like Banham to me.... somebody Roger will want to work out.

Of course if the Sparks are foolish enough to let Dabovic go, I wouldn't mind exploring that opportunity.


I would expect very little turnover period.

As long as Brunson, Whalen, and Augustus are all there, they will aim for a championship and not a re-build.


MNfan22



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/16 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I wouldn't be too quick to eject McCarville, ...

Oh I'm not too quick to the conclusion Laughing Just right on time.

Shades wrote:
...especially if she can get healthy. Not many with her skill level looking for work in the WNBA.

Don't see her getting "healthy enough" to make enough of a difference sorry. This ship has sailed and is about to disappear off the horizon. At this late stage of the game, I don't foresee a return and I see the salary needing to be put to better use.

dtsnms wrote:
I would expect very little turnover period.

As long as Brunson, Whalen, and Augustus are all there, they will aim for a championship and not a re-build.

Absolutely agree, but we did only have a roster of 11. So my core 7, minus McCarville leaves the trio of Cruz, Montgomery & Hampton. Just not sure I see ALL 3 returning? But, regardless we've got openings and some needs that have to be addressed. The front office has to be in full scout mode this off season.



_________________
Minnesota Lynx-est 1999-WNBA Champs!'11,'13,'15
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/16 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I hope you're wrong about McCarville. Unless the Lynx can get somebody unexpectedly good to replace her, they'll probably have to go back to 12 players. I can't see the Lynx going with a 4 player post rotation (like they did this year) with a rookie as one of the posts. If that happened, they'd be playing lots of small ball with Maya playing as a post, and that's asking a lot of her. Too much.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13803



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/16 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx don't have the cap space to have 12 players if McCarville & Perkins return.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/16 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Lynx don't have the cap space to have 12 players if McCarville & Perkins return.


The 12 players would be without McCarville. Either that or cut Hampton so you can have 5 posts that way with 11.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 896



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/16 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know how this will impact cap space or roster projects, but Spain has already qualified for Eurobasket this summer, so Cruz won't be available until July.


5thmantheme



Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 302



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/16 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Possibilities, maybe Asjha Jones again?

Or a decent sized Wing defender, who can take the tougher 2 or 3 assignment, should (or ought to) be on the Wish List.

One of the various Vet PFs that will presumably get cut loose, is another.


But I think they keep this dynasty rolling along until the wheels come totally off, and that isn't gonna be this year coming up.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/16 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Possibilities, maybe Asjha Jones again?


NO

5thmantheme wrote:
Or a decent sized Wing defender, who can take the tougher 2 or 3 assignment, should (or ought to) be on the Wish List.


Are you talking about the bench? Who would you be replacing?

5thmantheme wrote:
One of the various Vet PFs that will presumably get cut loose, is another.


Huh?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13803



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/16 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

they should bring back Jarry and cut Hampton. If McCarville doesn't return, I'd suggest someone like Jennifer Hamson, Shanice McKinney or Adut Bulgak.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19250
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/16 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
they should bring back Jarry and cut Hampton. If McCarville doesn't return, I'd suggest someone like Jennifer Hamson, Shanice McKinney or Adut Bulgak.

Yeesh. If those end up as their best options, they really might as well work on developing Fagbenle instead.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7225



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/26/16 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
So I kind of what to change my avatar picture to the shot clock violation and my signature to "road2redemption", but I think too many would miss that I am poking fun at the Merc and not just being salty. Laughing


Not "Return to Glory?"


5thmantheme



Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 302



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/16 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:
Possibilities, maybe Asjha Jones again?


NO

5thmantheme wrote:
Or a decent sized Wing defender, who can take the tougher 2 or 3 assignment, should (or ought to) be on the Wish List.


Are you talking about the bench? Who would you be replacing?

5thmantheme wrote:
One of the various Vet PFs that will presumably get cut loose, is another.


Huh?


There's (imho) too many small guards on the roster.
5'7" Monty
5'9" Cruz + thin
5'8" Perkins

5'8" Whalen + skrong
5'11" Augustus
6'0" Moore

The combo of Whalen, Augustus and Moore, can outscore almost anybody almost anytime. Outscore yes, but lockdown D ?


I'd assume McCarville still wants to play, and will be healthy. She played above any of the other backups this year. However, she has "retired" before. Insurance never hurts, versus idk salary cap issues.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43253



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/16 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm good with Montgomery and Perkins. The Lynx are lucky to have them under cap, and results speak for themself. Was this a championship team? Yeah. Was an attainable name supplied that would be better than either of them? No. Faris could become available but should the Lynx jump on her because she brings defense but not much offense? Not ideally. Haven't heard anything to sway me from wanting Banham as the fifth guard. She is strong.... could be a Whalen of the future.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin