Sparks
58%
 58%  [ 28 ]
Lynx
41%
 41%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 48

Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/17 5:00 pm    ::: Sparks @ Lynx - 9/26/17 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Finals - Game 2
Minneapolis, MN - 8:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2
Online: http://www.espn.com/watch

Game info:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20170926/LASMIN

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
barryi22

PostPosted: 09/24/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Must win game for the Lynx.

On the plus side, they'll probably play 80-90% of the game with the smaller lineup. They were plus 25 with Perkins on the floor and minus 22 with Brunson...that is a dramatic stat differential. Fowles had her way inside after Q1 and Moore performed much better than she did in the regular season. Lynx make adjustments and take game 2 IMO.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/24/17 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota: concerned they let LA get off to a 28-2 lead.
LA: concerned they were leading by 28-2 and only won by 1 point.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/24/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the Sparks might be tired having only used 7 players(well 8, but Williams only play 1:2Cool. Might be the difference in this game.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 09/24/17 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m going to be bold and say the Sparks win the championship 3-0, sweeping the Lynx.

jap

PostPosted: 09/24/17 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
I’m going to be bold and say the Sparks win the championship 3-0, sweeping the Lynx.

That's possible only if Candace avoids foul trouble the rest of the way and continues to move constantly & playing her multiple offense game & making intelligent decisions for the team's greatest benefit. This is why I referred to her as the key to the series in the last game thread. She is also going to need a ton of help from the rest of the crew. Tiffany & Sandrine may be needed Tuesday, and Riquna may ball a little more. I know Riquna wants to contribute so badly after missing last season's championship run due to injury. I wonder if Brian will let Kid Syd play?

PostPosted: 09/25/17 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

i was just thinking this , IF they were to sweep that would be #Dramatic ..the last thing in this country expected is a sweep !

PostPosted: 09/25/17 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

i was just thinking this , IF they were to sweep that would be #Dramatic ..the last thing in this country expected is a sweep !

It wouldn't be surprising to me. Razz

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 09/25/17 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
They won't sweep the lynx....that 1st quarter yesterday has people saying silly things 😂😂

PostPosted: 09/25/17 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think a sweep is a distinct possibility, but not very likely. I picked my Sparks in four, so we will see if that holds up.

I expect the Lynx to come out guns blazing next game, with lots of energy. Sparks have to anticipate that, absorb it, and counter strike.

For the Sparks, there can be no relapses in effort and no taking the foot off the pedal. We saw what happened in Game 1, and were very fortunate to come away with a victory.

I'll be very interested in seeing what lineup Reeve primarily goes to. I know that Brunson is a fan favorite, but if she is not hitting (or even looking to take) her shot, then it will be a problem, and I see Reeve going to her small lineup. I thought it was very effective for the Lynx, and prevented Parker from floating around and providing trap and help side defense. The irony in the whole scheme is this is exactly what Minnesota did against LA last year, when they would help off of Carson. Having four legitimate scoring threats has prevented Minn from being able to do that this year.

Sparks need to maintain the intensity, and prevent poor turnovers. Credit to Minnesota for playing some pesky defense to get back into it, but we need to be alert during the whole game, no lazy passes, no sloppy inbounds passes.

I'm hoping we get more contributions from the bench. Despite Lavender's reputation of being "soft", I think she has been working harder and banging, fronting, etc. It started with Game 3 against PHX and continued on to last game. We just need her to maintain that and hit her shots. Carson gave some good minutes (despite the missed free throws) and hit some shots. Can't complaint about her. R. Williams can help this team if she can get on the floor. It seems like Agler was frustrated with her, but if she can get in, she can knock a few shots down and make some contributions. I would love to give Gruda or TJJ some spot minutes, like 2-3 to give our bigs a little more rest, and keep us fresh.

After such a long break before Game 1, it's refreshing that Game 2 is already tomorrow. Go Sparks!
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/25/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Typically, losing game 1 will have a team making adjustments for game 2. Losing drives home the point that you probably need to try some other things. In this case though, that kind of happened after 1 quarter rather than after the game. The Sparks were outplayed for most of the game, and they're the ones who need to come back with some counters now.
In a way that kinda helps them I think. Moreso than if they had just cruised to an easy win, anyway.
I'm looking forward to the coaching battle.
(And no way do I think a sweep is going to happen. In fact if Agler keeps Aglering to the extent he did yesterday, then the longer the series goes, the more it favours the Lynx, which is something I had overlooked previously)

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/25/17 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

Well, I was the first to choose a Sparks sweep in the poll. Smile

Hope I'm wrong. I figure do or die is motivation enough for the Lynx.

PostPosted: 09/26/17 5:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are we getting All-WNBA teams today?

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/26/17 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brunson's shot has never been consistent, but there are games -- one out of three, maybe -- where it goes down. If she's hitting mid-range jumpers, her issues on the other end don't matter as much.

If she's not, and Parker just roams around defensively, then I think the call has to go out to Perkins ...

Gray/Perkins
Sims/Whalen
Beard/Augustus
Parker/Moore
Ogwumike/Fowles

If Sims remembers she has a right arm attached to her body, Augustus can switch with Whalen -- or, to put it another way, as long as the Sparks don't punish Whalen when they have the ball, she can stay on the court.

And, like Brunson, if Montgomery is making shots, then she's playable as well.

The odds of both Brunson and Montgomery shooting poorly in the same game again are reasonably low, so I would expect the Lynx to find a way to win this one. But then again, if L.A. forces Whalen and Fowles to defend pick-and-rolls, there could be issues there as well.

PostPosted: 09/26/17 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Brunson's shot has never been consistent, but there are games -- one out of three, maybe -- where it goes down. If she's hitting mid-range jumpers, her issues on the other end don't matter as much.

If she's not, and Parker just roams around defensively, then I think the call has to go out to Perkins ...

Gray/Perkins
Sims/Whalen
Beard/Augustus
Parker/Moore
Ogwumike/Fowles

If Sims remembers she has a right arm attached to her body, Augustus can switch with Whalen -- or, to put it another way, as long as the Sparks don't punish Whalen when they have the ball, she can stay on the court.

And, like Brunson, if Montgomery is making shots, then she's playable as well.

The odds of both Brunson and Montgomery shooting poorly in the same game again are reasonably low, so I would expect the Lynx to find a way to win this one. But then again, if L.A. forces Whalen and Fowles to defend pick-and-rolls, there could be issues there as well.

Clay stop giving them ideas Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/17 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Clay stop giving them ideas

He's copying Lobo, who's obsessed with the Lynx small lineup. I'm skeptical that the Lynx can win relying on it. Brunson will be back, unless she's secretly hurt.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
5thmantheme

PostPosted: 09/26/17 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a fan of SFs playing PF , unless they've already shown they can do it (i.e. before The finals) like Catch or Angel. Howard stands a better chance against Nneka or CP if only they had tried it a time or two during the season , hmm ...

Lynx have to win , and were the better team for 3 quarters , voted Sparks for this game anyways.

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 09/26/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two hours until showtime. Let's go Sparks!!
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/17 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would expect the Lynx to win this one. They should be more than inspired enough and if Brunson can actually hit open shots....

But it will be fun to see the coaching battle. Love these two coaches. But ultimately it will depend on those out on the floor, hopefully the players not the refs.

warming up the popcorn pot

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/26/17 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Not a fan of SFs playing PF , unless they've already shown they can do it (i.e. before The finals) like Catch or Angel. Howard stands a better chance against Nneka or CP if only they had tried it a time or two during the season , hmm ...

Lynx have to win , and were the better team for 3 quarters , voted Sparks for this game anyways.

Howard gets owned by CP everytime ! Yes as a sparks fan i wish for this match up !!!

PostPosted: 09/26/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:

Howard gets owned by CP everytime ! Yes as a sparks fan i wish for this match up !!!

I tend to agree, same goes for Pierson. She is just too slow. Brunson and Fowles are Minnesota's best post defenders against CP3 and Nneka. If they get in foul trouble, could be difficult. However, if either Howard or Pierson can knock down some jump shots and keep Parker honest on defense, then it will be a huge benefit for the Lynx.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/26/17 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will we get to the half w/o a superstar having 3 fouls?

PostPosted: 09/26/17 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CP3 during warmups... Shocked

adamj95

PostPosted: 09/26/17 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker rolled her ankle during warmups.

PostPosted: 09/26/17 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm starting to think the Sparks are just trying to avoid their ears bleeding from mediocre anthems.

(now with spelling variations)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: