RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/24/16 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCoughtry has to try to make things happen with a lesser team. There are less excuses for Parker's turnovers.

I wouldn't say that's Parker's biggest weakness though. Defense. I've seen Alyssa Thomas go at her repeatedly without fear.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 11/25/16 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
McCoughtry has to try to make things happen with a lesser team. There are less excuses for Parker's turnovers.

This is partially true...

Yes,atlanta depends on Angel's offense more than LA does with Parker.However,Angel does more shooting than passing.She also makes questionable decisions at times with the basketball.Parker on the other hand has finished top 3 in assist the last two seasons.Lavender & Ogwumike are the primary beneficiaries of Parkers' passing.If Candace isn't creating offense for her teammates it puts added pressure on Ogwumike,Lavender and Toliver to create their own shots.

Side note:

Parker was magnificent in last years game 3 versus minnesota:

28p/13r/4a/3s/2/2t/9-19fg/8-8ft/2-6 3ptfg

She deserves more credit for her big game performances.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/25/16 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure why you're fixiated on McCoughtry vs Parker. Not only does McCoughtry have try to do more with a lesser team, they no longer play the same position. McCoughtry is an SF and Parker plays in the post and which position is up for debate, I say center.

Let's compare stats when they're playing for the same team, like say the Olympics. Oops, I guess you'll have to dig back to 2012.

Better yet, let's just stop comparing them and accept any analysis that there are areas that Parker could improve, and the hotdog turnovers is one of them. The hotdogging does make the game more fun though. Either she has success with it and it's considered a great play, or more likely she fails with it and looks silly, which is fun for the opposing team fans.

zune69

PostPosted: 11/25/16 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm not fixated on Mccoughtry vs Parker....

1.I only introduced Angels name into the conversation to point out pilight's bias.He mentions Parkers 2.9 turnovers per game,yet,he never talks about Angel's 2.9 TO's per game or high turnover history.

2.My second comment comparing Mccoughtry/Parker was my response to your previous post.

Jeez......Rebkell is filled with a bunch of overly sensitive.....forget it.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/25/16 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Over-sensitive might be those that are crying about constructive criticism towards Parker. It's not bashing.

This thread is about the Sparks. Why would plight talk about McCoughtry?

zvyn3

PostPosted: 11/25/16 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For all the mad people out there.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/26/16 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:

It was pretty smart of her to let someone else take over her team. Worked out well for her.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 11/26/16 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
It was pretty smart of her to let someone else take over her team. Worked out well for her.

I really can't tell if this is shade or a real congratulations..

PostPosted: 11/26/16 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

You're one of them.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/26/16 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nice one. And I hope she gets her personal life in good order as well. She deserves some happiness!

- Amanda Gorman
jap

PostPosted: 11/27/16 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have never understood all this crazy animosity towards CP3. The way some posters act you would think she was going around slapping old ladies or something. Clearly, there is only one solution. CP3 & Co. will have to win four straight more championships to trounce the Comets' record and forever establish herself as the WNBA GOAT. That ought to really make the CP3 naysayers' heads explode! Laughing

PostPosted: 11/27/16 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
I have never understood all this crazy animosity towards CP3. The way some posters act you would think she was going around slapping old ladies or something.

Indeed, it is very odd. Like maybe she has been kicking kittens or talking about people's mamas Confused She definitely gets more than her fair share of criticism and I'm not saying that none of it is justified because there are always things and ways in which a player can improve. However, some of the comments in WBB fan communities are as if she is the only person who does or doesn't do certain things. It is baffling, but as coach said, she is the most critiqued, Nneka said she's misunderstood and both are incredibly happy for her. To that I say, Ditto.

In team news, Riquna is playing in Turkey! https://twitter.com/OsmaniyeGSK/status/802209737945268224

jewelsongs

PostPosted: 11/27/16 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have had the opportunity to meet CP3 several times. Each time she was very friendly, and made a great impression on my wife and I. I am happy she is a Spark, and got a championship. I hope she plays here for many years to come.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 11/28/16 1:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not saying Parker isn't a nice person, but we need to stop equating the "I met [ player] one or two times...." and judge who they are by that. Anyone can be nice just meeting with fans just a few times. And someone also could be having a bad day at a time you meet someone. Meeting someone for an autograph isn't knowing how someone really is.

PostPosted: 11/28/16 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not saying Parker isn't a nice person, but we need to stop equating the "I met [ player] one or two times...." and judge who they are by that. Anyone can be nice just meeting with fans just a few times. And someone also could be having a bad day at a time you meet someone. Meeting someone for an autograph isn't knowing how someone really is.

PostPosted: 11/28/16 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

Agreed! However, all the silly negative speculations of her naysayers regarding how she supposedly treats her teammates or her naysayers foolish attempts to read into her facial expressions are equally if not even worse affairs. Candace appears to be much more private than most superstar players so I just do not see where all the negativity derives from.

PostPosted: 11/28/16 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

I didn't "equate" anything. I said I met her several times and each time she was nice. I said I am happy she won a championship, and I hope she remains a Spark. I am not sure what compelled you to comment on that. In a thread that is often critical of Parker, I am simply saying that in the times I have met her she was nice.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 11/29/16 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
I have never understood all this crazy animosity towards CP3. The way some posters act you would think she was going around slapping old ladies or something. Clearly, there is only one solution. CP3 & Co. will have to win four straight more championships to trounce the Comets' record and forever establish herself as the WNBA GOAT. That ought to really make the CP3 naysayers' heads explode! Laughing
Atleast the posters bashing Cp on here don't work for Espn. I still don't understand how Lobo can say that a foul should have been called on Parker after Mone fell on her.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/29/16 1:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
jap wrote:
Atleast the posters bashing Cp on here don't work for Espn. I still don't understand how Lobo can say that a foul should have been called on Parker after Mone fell on her.

Parker rolled into Augustus, taking out her legs. How do you remember it?

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 11/30/16 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
jap wrote:

Parker rolled into Augustus, taking out her legs. How do you remember it?
Parker didn't take out Mone's legs she fell over Cp going after a loose ball. I don't think a foul should have been call on Mone even though a few Sparks were called for the same if not similar fouls but I don't see how Lobo can said a foul should have been on Cp when she didn't cause both Fowles and Mone to fall down.The play Im talking about happened in game 4 at the beginning of the game.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 11/30/16 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alana will be back per Brian Agler's twitter

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 11/30/16 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Yep, yep!!! Very Happy

jap

PostPosted: 12/01/16 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Alana coming back for encore championship attempt? Why the hell not? I expect Kristi to resign and, hopefully, spend more time at SG than at PG. Chelsea needs to establish herself at the point. Even though Kristi did not begin well as a PG with the Sparks, she has evolved pretty rapidly into a very efficient handler with relatively few TO's.

Last edited by jap on 12/11/16 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
myt

PostPosted: 12/01/16 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Alana coming back for encore championship attempt? Why the hell not? I expect Kristi to resign and, hopefully, spend more time at SG than at PG. Chelsea needs to establish herself at the point. Even though Kristi did not begin well as a PG with the Sparks, she has evolve pretty rapidly into a very efficient handler with relatively few TO's.

I think the team should be together to defend their championship Very Happy

Rooting for back2back!

Cool

PostPosted: 12/01/16 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the info regarding Riquna.

As long as the team stays healthy, next season should be fun! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 5 of 21

Jump to: