RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

donald tripe busted. no - really this time.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16582
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 6:44 pm    ::: donald tripe busted. no - really this time. Reply Reply with quote

all right. so i'm trying to catch up on my shows, y'know, some light fare to close out the week, and the very MINUTE i turn off the news, news breaks. so, it seems a tape has been loosed of mr. tripe talking about groping women. cnn ticker says, "trump source: timing of leaked tape could be 'death knell.'

from the nyt:
Donald J. Trump was caught on tape bragging in vulgar terms about making sexual advances toward a married woman, and aggressively kissing and groping others.
“Just kiss. I don’t even wait,” he said. “And when you’re a star they let you do it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html


and the next debate is sunday?! caaannnoottt wait.

the talking heads are having a field day now. one woman just called trump "a pervert, a predator."

please, god, PLEASE, let this be the point of no return.


ok, after this, i'll stop. i'm having too much fun. these are back-to-back reader comments:

1. It's remarkable that this nominee has reduced the New York Times to printing the words "fuck", "tits" and "pussy" on the front page of a national story. What's next?


2. You go girl, NYT!



_________________
no justice, no peace.
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7552
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love the way he nonchalantly refers to sexual assault. You know, just grabbing them bitches by the pussy.

That's right America, your Republican nominee to be the President of the United States...



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7417



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geraldo Rivera just said the Trump campaign is now on life support. Hard to disagree.

He also points out that Paul Ryan - who took forever to endorse Trump - is supposed to be campaigning with Trump tomorrow. He doesn't expect that to happen now.


sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16582
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

trump has already been disinvited to the ryan affair. pence is standing in for him.

or was he disinvited to his own affair?!



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 19430



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's like a social experiment in stubbornness at this point.
Just what does it take for some "supporters" to give up on a candidate?
It's interesting to witness.



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7552
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For anyone wondering, what he said and the fact that 1)He feels that this sort of "locker room talk" is normal behavior when hanging out with the guys and 2) there are going to be a whole lot of people shrugging off these comment as being "boys will be boys" is what we are talking about when we say "Rape Culture". The sheer entitlement professed by his words where women are mere objects there for his amusement and pleasure is beyond disturbing and is the attitude at the very heart of so many sexual assaults.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19521



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It just amazes me how people can still get behind this evil man despite everything he's said.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3822
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
It just amazes me how people can still get behind this evil man despite everything he's said.


He's obviously vile and they are either stubborn to stick to their party or they are vile also!

As one of my former friends on facebook put it they don't like Trump for his morality they like him because he will send the mexicans and muslims back to where they came from :/


sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16582
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

columnist nick kristof, nyt, is on cnn now, recalling a former business partner's encounter with tripe in the '90s. his column has just been published.

Donald Trump, Groper In Chief
JILL HARTH’S first concern with Donald Trump’s hands wasn’t that they were small. It’s that they were everywhere.

Harth and her longtime boyfriend were in meetings with Trump to forge a business partnership. “He was relentless,” Harth recalled in an interview, describing how on Dec. 12, 1992, he took the couple to dinner and a club — and then situated himself beside Harth and ran his hands up her skirt, to her crotch. “I didn’t know how to handle it. I would go away from him and say I have to go to the restroom. It was the escape route.”



_________________
no justice, no peace.
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7552
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember back in 2004 when Howard Dean basically had his campaign ended when he yelled "Kaa!"? Yeah...



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5611



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was talking to a female co-worker yesterday who supports the TP ticket.

I'm still trying to figure out why/how.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13340



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
For anyone wondering, what he said and the fact that 1)He feels that this sort of "locker room talk" is normal behavior when hanging out with the guys and 2) there are going to be a whole lot of people shrugging off these comment as being "boys will be boys" is what we are talking about when we say "Rape Culture". The sheer entitlement professed by his words where women are mere objects there for his amusement and pleasure is beyond disturbing and is the attitude at the very heart of so many sexual assaults.


Trump's problem is that he is so arrogant and impressed with himself and respects no one else. But some of the hyperventilating over this is also absurd. One fool was on screaming "this is the same as Bill Cosby". Uhhhhh, no it's not. No matter how crass, offensive, disrespectful, egotistical, and otherwise wrong these comments are, Bill Cosby drugged and raped women. Lots of women. They're not remotely equivalent.

This was a dozen years ago and doesn't really tell us anything new about Trump that we didn't already know. The biggest problem is that it's just one more big diversion to allow everybody to talk about anything other than what they would do for the nation if elected.

OK, Trump has no business running for, much less winning, the White House. That's been totally obvious from the day he announced his candidacy. Is anyone really surprised by this latest fiasco and offense?

To me it just makes me even more sad about the state of our nation. This shouldn't be how it works.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 19430



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
This was a dozen years ago and doesn't really tell us anything new about Trump that we didn't already know.

Speak for yourself. I definitely didn't know this.



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5622
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is definitely going to hurt Trump.

But I find some of this outrage rather faux. I've lived a long life among fairly normal men, and ever since I was about 10 years old I've listened to guys talking about what they've done with girls or what they'd like to do . . . in very graphic language.

It's a good thing that the highly offended among us with oh-so-sensitive ears didn't hear the private conversations of the three Kennedy brothers, Ronald Reagan when he was a movie star, or Bill Clinton, who possibly right now, as Colin Powell said in an email released two weeks ago, is "still dicking bimbos at home."
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7552
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
One fool was on screaming "this is the same as Bill Cosby". Uhhhhh, no it's not. No matter how crass, offensive, disrespectful, egotistical, and otherwise wrong these comments are, Bill Cosby drugged and raped women. Lots of women. They're not remotely equivalent.

Grabbing a woman's crotch without consent and running your hand up under her skirt, again without her consent, may not be the exact same thing as Cosby, but it is still sexual assault. That fellow, while obviously a good bit hyperbolic, was at least on the right path. This isn't something that should be minimized.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13340



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
This was a dozen years ago and doesn't really tell us anything new about Trump that we didn't already know.

Speak for yourself. I definitely didn't know this.


What. What is "this"? What do you know now you didn't know before?


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 19430



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
This was a dozen years ago and doesn't really tell us anything new about Trump that we didn't already know.

Speak for yourself. I definitely didn't know this.


What. What is "this"? What do you know now you didn't know before?

The extent of his misogyny.

... although of course I am heartened to learn that he has changed now!



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5622
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
This was a dozen years ago and doesn't really tell us anything new about Trump that we didn't already know.

Speak for yourself. I definitely didn't know this.


Luuuc, I don't know how old you are or where you live, but Donald Trump has been one of America's top richboys-playboys-badboys since the mid-1970's and a huge TV star since 2004. His marriages, divorces, affairs and love life have been periodically splashed all over the tabloids for 30 years -- especially in New York and Florida -- until he married his current wife, Melania, in 2005, which seemed to end his public playboy career.

He's been an aspiring politician for only 16 months now, and never a public office holder.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13340



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
One fool was on screaming "this is the same as Bill Cosby". Uhhhhh, no it's not. No matter how crass, offensive, disrespectful, egotistical, and otherwise wrong these comments are, Bill Cosby drugged and raped women. Lots of women. They're not remotely equivalent.

Grabbing a woman's crotch without consent and running your hand up under her skirt, again without her consent, may not be the exact same thing as Cosby, but it is still sexual assault. That fellow, while obviously a good bit hyperbolic, was at least on the right path. This isn't something that should be minimized.


But he didn't do anything. Indeed he's saying on some previous occassion he didn't get anywhere. And he didn't do a thing in this video. It's braggadocio. Arrogant, crude, offensive, sexist. Really offensive, disrespectful and sexist. But there's nothing here suggesting he assaulted anyone. It has no similarity to Cosby.

I'm not defending him or his behavior, but don't pretend it's something it's not.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7552
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
One fool was on screaming "this is the same as Bill Cosby". Uhhhhh, no it's not. No matter how crass, offensive, disrespectful, egotistical, and otherwise wrong these comments are, Bill Cosby drugged and raped women. Lots of women. They're not remotely equivalent.

Grabbing a woman's crotch without consent and running your hand up under her skirt, again without her consent, may not be the exact same thing as Cosby, but it is still sexual assault. That fellow, while obviously a good bit hyperbolic, was at least on the right path. This isn't something that should be minimized.


But he didn't do anything. Indeed he's saying on some previous occassion he didn't get anywhere. And he didn't do a thing in this video. It's braggadocio. Arrogant, crude, offensive, sexist. Really offensive, disrespectful and sexist. But there's nothing here suggesting he assaulted anyone. It has no similarity to Cosby.

I'm not defending him or his behavior, but don't pretend it's something it's not.

I was referring also to the other article that was posted. About him running his hands up a woman's thighs and under her skirt without her consent and her having to escape to the bathroom to get away.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16582
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/16 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh, it's nasty now on cnn. my girl ana navarro (the republican) raked trump surrogate scottie nell hughes over the coals for defending trump. she kept using the p-word, and scottie said "please don't keep saying that word. my daughter IS watching!" and a second earlier, she was asked by someone else how she, a mother, could defend trump. ana went off! "don't you tell me to stop saying it, when it was okay for trump to say it! I'M not running for president!" (or words to that effect.)

i agree with another talking head: it's over. down-ballot candidates are retracting their endorsements, some financial backers have already declared they're withdrawing their pledged money, and it's friday night! it may be over before the debate sunday. hell, despite trump's "video message" tonight, he may not even show up for the debate.

the questions remaining: what happens now? what are the options? can trump step down? can pence step up? what?



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 19430



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/16 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
oh, it's nasty now on cnn. my girl ana navarro (the republican) raked trump surrogate scottie nell hughes over the coals for defending trump. she kept using the p-word, and scottie said "please don't keep saying that word. my daughter IS watching!" and a second earlier, she was asked by someone else how she, a mother, could defend trump. ana went off! "don't you tell me to stop saying it, when it was okay for trump to say it! I'M not running for president!" (or words to that effect.)

That was a fun little exchange wasn't it. It's not often you hear pussy being shouted on CNN.



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13340



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/16 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
This was a dozen years ago and doesn't really tell us anything new about Trump that we didn't already know.

Speak for yourself. I definitely didn't know this.


What. What is "this"? What do you know now you didn't know before?

The extent of his misogyny.

... although of course I am heartened to learn that he has changed now!


Then you just haven't been paying attention.

He said in an interview with Esquire 25 years ago "“You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”

He wrote in one of his books “Women have one of the great acts of all time. The smart ones act very feminine and needy, but inside they are real killers. The person who came up with the expression ‘the weaker sex’ was either very naive or had to be kidding. I have seen women manipulate men with just a twitch of their eye — or perhaps another body part.”

He wrote in another book a dozen years ago "“All of the women on ‘The Apprentice’ flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.” and "It’s certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on ‘The Apprentice’ were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal.”

A few years ago he tweeted "26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?"

Every magazine on the planet, from Fortune to Cosmo, has called him a misogynist and detailed the long list of offensive sexist comments. And all this was before he ran for anything.

As I said, there's nothing new here. It's offensive now, it's been offensive for twenty years.


sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16582
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/16 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
sambista wrote:
oh, it's nasty now on cnn. my girl ana navarro (the republican) raked trump surrogate scottie nell hughes over the coals for defending trump. she kept using the p-word, and scottie said "please don't keep saying that word. my daughter IS watching!" and a second earlier, she was asked by someone else how she, a mother, could defend trump. ana went off! "don't you tell me to stop saying it, when it was okay for trump to say it! I'M not running for president!" (or words to that effect.)

That was a fun little exchange wasn't it. It's not often you hear pussy being shouted on CNN.


and i've never seen all those words tripe used published in the nyt!



_________________
no justice, no peace.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13340



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/16 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
It just amazes me how people can still get behind this evil man despite everything he's said.


He's obviously vile and they are either stubborn to stick to their party or they are vile also!

As one of my former friends on facebook put it they don't like Trump for his morality they like him because he will send the mexicans and muslims back to where they came from :/


I'm amazed people attribute his support to things like this. The most unwaivering block of voters is the sizeable number of anti-abortion folks. These people don't care anything about him. They vote on one single issue and that's who will appoint Supreme Court justices who will vote to overturn Roe. There's nothing Trump could do ( other than say he's pro abortion) that would cost him their votes.

There's a lot more anti abortion voters than there are people worrying about deporting Mexicans.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin