RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

donald tripe busted. no - really this time.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/08/16 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump makes a video apology, and then goes on offense against Hillary's bullying and shaming of Bill's sexual abuse victims, with more to come "in the next few days. See you at the debate on Sunday."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/784609194234306560

I think threatening to go into the Bill & Hillary sex abuse gutter is a bluff by Trump. He's trying to deter Hillary from bringing up this 13 year old video clip at the debate. He doesn't want the debate to be in the sex gutter because he knows it won't help him. He wants to focus on criticizing Hillary on policy, to try to look presidential.

Hillary won't let him, because she can't defend Obama's policies and she knows his weaknesses are his personal traits. She'll pound on personal attacks like Kaine did, and all her ads do, to try to keep Trump on defense.
pilight

PostPosted: 10/08/16 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I think threatening to go into the Bill & Hillary sex abuse gutter is a bluff by Trump. He's trying to deter Hillary from bringing up this 13 year old video clip at the debate. He doesn't want the debate to be in the sex gutter because he knows it won't help him. He wants to focus on criticizing Hillary on policy, to try to look presidential.

It's hard to see how Bill Clinton's 25 year old peccadilloes will make this 15 year old tape sound any better

PostPosted: 10/08/16 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
But I find some of this outrage rather faux. I've lived a long life among fairly normal men, and ever since I was about 10 years old I've listened to guys talking about what they've done with girls or what they'd like to do . . . in very graphic language.

Okay. Me too. Note the difference: guys like to talk about/fantasize such things, and even share the lowdown on their conquests. BUT DONALD WASN'T RELATING A FANTASY---HE WAS RELATING WHAT HE DID TO THESE INDIVIDUALS, AND HOW, AS A STAR, HE WAS ENTITLED TO THIS CRASS CRIMINALITY. It's assault. Don't downplay it. [Note to self: picture a tape of Glenn telling a buddy how he groped a reluctant woman's pussy, and then letting his wife/kids/priest view it. And it's okay, cuz that's just what guys do]

GlennMacGrady wrote:
It's a good thing that the highly offended among us with oh-so-sensitive ears didn't hear the private conversations of the three Kennedy brothers, Ronald Reagan when he was a movie star, or Bill Clinton, who possibly right now, as Colin Powell said in an email released two weeks ago, is "still dicking bimbos at home."

You even THINK like Donald, Glenn! Divert attention to others. His response: "You should hear what Bill said!" Mmmm....VERY MATURE response by the Responsible Wannabe Leader of The Free World. Again: THE DIFFERENCE? Bill had the conscience to lie about his indiscretion, knowing it was inappropriate, NOT brag, AND, as a Rhodes Scholar, had the brains to qualify as a World Leader. Donald? NO.

GlennMacGrady wrote:
His marriages, divorces, affairs and love life have been periodically splashed all over the tabloids for 30 years -- especially in New York and Florida -- until he married his current wife, Melania, in 2005, which seemed to end his public playboy career.
You've missed the chronology here, Glenn....Trump's faux pas was recorded AFTER he'd married Melania.

AND THE REALLY AMAZING THING???? THIS PIG-SHIT OF A HUMAN BEING TAUNTS HILLARY WITH THROWING UP BILL'S INDISCRETIONS, AS IF THAT MAKES 'HER' A FLAWED CANDIDATE.

GlennMacGrady wrote:
She'll pound on personal attacks like Kaine did, and all her ads do, to try to keep Trump on defense.

You wish. All Hillary NEEDS to do is show up, maybe with a parasol over her shoulder, smile and say nothing. Maybe hold up a symbolic fork to stick in Donald's ass....it's DONE!

PostPosted: 10/08/16 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

that's just it - he DOESN'T see that going into the gutter is bad for him. his HANDLERS do, which is why it took hours for the "apology video" to come out. he was probably fighting them tooth and nail to 1) make a video in the first place, then 2) what words would be used. he has no gauge, no ability to moderate himself. if he were that aware and politically savvy, as you describe, he wouldn't have said and done half the things he's said and done.

two other points:
he and his surrogates are stupid for trying to point out that this tape is decades old, when his weak comeback about bill clinton is even older.

the fact that he said "bill clinton has said WORSE" is an acknowledgment that he knows what HE said is bad. so all of that "if" anyone was offended is pure bullshit.

i'm glad this election won't be up to his idiot followers. the gop won't have it.

PostPosted: 10/08/16 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I have to thank Mr. Trump. This situation has provided a perfect, topical tidbit that I can work into my lesson plan this next week as we discuss how language both reflects and shapes culture.

Of course, it's not Trump's statement, as I think most people will agree that it is shockingly disturbing and vile. You hear it and the effect of it is clear. It is easy to call it out.

No, the statement we will be discussing is Mitt Romney's response:

"[Trump's] degradations demean our wives and daughters and corrupt America's face to the world."

This is a much more interesting statement, and in a way sets the cultural backdrop that gives rise to Trumps "locker room talk". Think about the language that Romney uses here. He is obviously condemning Trump's words and actions, which is great, but why does he phrase it this way?

Wives and daughters.

What is significant about wives and daughters? They are terms of relation. Specifically, relation to him, a man. Instead of condemning Trump's words as being demeaning because no human should be treated such a way, he feels the (most likely unconscious) need to label them this way to show us why we should empathize. It is saying that we should be outraged because Trump has degraded something that has value via its relationship to us (as men).

The fact that phrasing the statement in this way will likely create more empathy than having simply said "demeans women" is also telling of our culture. Women are simply valued more in relation to men than they are as individuals.

With all this said, Romney's heart was in the right place. This is not a terrible thing he said, nor should it be seen as "offensive". This is our culture being transmitted subconsciously through language. Thus it is something that we should become aware of, and then, if it is our goal, shift our language to reflect the way we wish to shape our culture.

Last edited by justintyme on 10/08/16 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Queenie

PostPosted: 10/08/16 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1) the fact that men talk this way among themselves is a problem with our culture; if it's normal, it shouldn't be normal. Women are in fact more than the sum of our fuckable parts. I can tell you that this kind of vulgarity isn't as universal among women as men claim it is among men.

2) HE DIDN'T JUST TALK. In this video, sure, but there are more and more stories coming out in response to it. How many men would be okay with the reverse situation? How many men would just shrug off a powerful woman reaching into their pants and fondling their dicks? Try. Please just try to imagine it.

PostPosted: 10/08/16 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NBC had the tape on Monday. Why were they sitting on it?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/07/media/access-hollywood-donald-trump-tape/index.html

Quote:
After reviewing the tape, "we were debating what to do" with it, an NBC source explained.

Anyone believe another news organization, one that didn't work for the company that employed Trump when this happened, would have waited a week to release it?

Gotta feel bad for Arianne Zucker, who is going to get an unimaginable amount of shit over this despite not having done anything.

PostPosted: 10/08/16 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

seems that the Mark Burnett Company won't respond to requests for statement re: footage left on the cutting room floor that may show filmed evidence of Trump demeaning women contestants. since they use multiple cameras, there is bound to be a good amount of never aired footage.

in addition to many secular tv shows, Mark Burnett and his wife are big in the Christian community, having produced the cable miniseries The Bible and A.D. The Bible Continues, as well as the feature films Son of God, Little Boy, and Woodlawn, as per Wikipedia.

PostPosted: 10/08/16 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody think that Pence is regretting giving up being gov. to be Trump's VP?

He would have most likely be re-elected to gov. It wouldn't have been a cake walk, RFRA and a couple of other issues, but it is Indiana.

Now he's between a rock and a hard place. He can't really bail on the ticket. That would look bad. He can't really come out in support of Trump. That would look bad.

It's one thing know going in what Trump is. It's another having it broadcast coast to coast, by Trump himself.

NBC reporting that Pence will not be going to the WI event after all.

http://www.wthr.com/article/pence-to-sub-for-trump-in-wisconsin-saturday

pilight

PostPosted: 10/08/16 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who would have guessed Billy would be the Bush to take down Trump...

PostPosted: 10/08/16 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/08/16 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="509" height="310" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FuHPRYkMEwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/FuHPRYkMEwI

PostPosted: 10/08/16 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/08/16 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/08/16 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/08/16 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He can drop out. It's too late for the Republicans to replace him on the ballot, but they can't stop him from saying he doesn't want it and stopping his campaign.

PostPosted: 10/08/16 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Someone just commented on Pence's statement regarding the Trump hot mike tape, and they said it sounded like he was putting pressure on Trump to say the right things in the debate, and also positioning himself for a run in 2020. They also raised the possibility that Pence would drop out.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/08/16 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
He can drop out. It's too late for the Republicans to replace him on the ballot, but they can't stop him from saying he doesn't want it and stopping his campaign.

Somebody tweeted that a source told him that Jeff Sessions, the earliest Senator to show support for Trump and who has stood by him until now, was in Trump Tower with Newt Gingrich and Rudy Guiliani, and Sessions is advocating Trump drop out.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/08/16 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
seems that the Mark Burnett Company won't respond to requests for statement re: footage left on the cutting room floor that may show filmed evidence of Trump demeaning women contestants. since they use multiple cameras, there is bound to be a good amount of never aired footage.

Both Ben Carson and conservative radio talk show how Hugh Hewitt said that more - and worse - stuff is coming.

Quote:
For the benefit of the country, the party and his family, and for his own good, @realDonaldTrump should withdraw. More and worse oppo coming

— Hugh Hewitt (@hughhewitt) October 8, 2016

I don't know if they are guessing or have some source who knows about The Apprentice material available (or other hot mike stuff).

EDIT: Found an interview where Hewitt appears to be guessing there is more and worse coming. he bases it on the belief that they always release the worse stuff as time goes on, and that there is plenty of time left.

Last edited by tfan on 10/08/16 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/08/16 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Someone just commented on Pence's statement regarding the Trump hot mike tape, and they said it sounded like he was putting pressure on Trump to say the right things in the debate, and also positioning himself for a run in 2020. They also raised the possibility that Pence would drop out.

It would be beyond shocking if anyone dropped out of the race with 30 days to go. They just have to take the hit and keep on going.

Once again, Hillary's luck in having Trump as her opponent is astounding. On a day when her own potentially damaging private views on important policy matters -- economics, immigration, terrorism, foreign policy -- you know, the things a president will actually deal with -- are revealed, she gets the benefit of a superseding salacious sensationalism.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise if if the Clinton campaign had the hot mic tape and was the source for the Washington Post. It also wouldn't surprise me if she has more salacious oppo research to unveil at the debate. Remember, like a clever boxer's flurry in the last 10 seconds of a round, she culminated the first debate with her memorized lines about Trump's insults of Miss Universe and other women.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/08/16 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

I think that's the big reason he agreed to be VP.

Will be interesting in 2020. I'm thinking that a run for prez is why Evan Bayh came back to Indiana and is making another run for Senator. I think that Pence, seeing the move that Bayh made, decided he needed to get his name out there a little more.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/08/16 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Will be interesting in 2020. I'm thinking that a run for prez is why Evan Bayh came back to Indiana and is making another run for Senator. I think that Pence, seeing the move that Bayh made, decided he needed to get his name out there a little more.

I mean, don't you feel so bad for Pence? At least he only wanted to make it legal to electrocute LGBTQ people until straight and force women to have funerals for their miscarriages and abortions.

PostPosted: 10/08/16 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

I mean, don't you feel so bad for Pence? At least he only wanted to make it legal to electrocute LGBTQ people until straight and force women to have funerals for their miscarriages and abortions.

Laughing

I'm thinking that he's getting a little of the karma he has coming.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/08/16 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

That makes no sense. Not once in the history of the USA has a non-incumbent running mate of a losing campaign gotten the party nomination in the next election, or even the one after that. Only once has someone lost as a running mate and come back later to become president: James Cox's 1920 running mate won the presidential election 12 years later.

PostPosted: 10/08/16 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quite possibly, DeNiro's best role in over a decade: Wink

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hFpFDyKeqyA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: