RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

donald tripe busted. no - really this time.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/19/19 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Advocating to change the President is one thing; spewing vulgar disrespect and hostility toward the President is another. The common folk are not fools; they can tell the difference between these things.

Absolutely.

Lemme see: "He's not a US citizen, he's Kenyan." Or, "Barack HUSSEIN Obama. Maybe he's MUSLIM!!"

These were the things the ever-so-bright "common folk" used to generate real hatred toward our last real president, while Donald led the spewing of vulgar disrespect.

Now where's the "vulgar" part toward HIM? Calling him a pussy grabber? He IS--his own words labeled him. What other vulgarities can you think of?

Some of you seem to have a very difficult time sustaining an argument without resorting to ad hominem and personal attacks.

Howee, you both miss and make my point. My point was contained in the sentence you failed to quote.

You have no problem identifying vulgar disrespect and hostility towards a president, whether it be Obama or Trump. Yet, you claim or feign an inability to identify vulgar disrespect and hostility toward America that has come of the mouths of of the Squad, especially Omar and Tlaib, who are the sole topics of my comments. Your inability, I suggest, is not widely shared among any folks, including Democrats. Approval of the Squad members has been polling somewhere between single digits and the low 20's. And I don't think it's just white septuagenarians who are being polled.
pilight

PostPosted: 07/19/19 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Approval of the Squad members has been polling somewhere between single digits and the low 20's. And I don't think it's just white septuagenarians who are being polled.

If you're talking about the poll Trump cited, it was a poll of "1,003 likely general-election voters who are white and have two years or less of college education".

PostPosted: 07/19/19 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Howee, you both miss and make my point. My point was contained in the sentence you failed to quote.

Talk about 'missing points'! I've asked you to identify the "vulgarities" Omar, AOC, etc., are guilty of. I've seen nothing.

I'd even give ya a break here if you want to make the claim that they've done/said DISRESPECTFUL things towards Trump. They certainly have. But again: think back to HIS treatment of Obama. Don deserves no better, and in fact, has said and done far more to deserve far MORE disrespect.

Again: please identify the "vulgarities", AND why they're invalid or undeserved. Also, what "Anti-American" things have they said THAT ARE NOT TRUE?

PostPosted: 07/19/19 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee, further discussion does not seem profitable to me.

Since you have great ability to find offensive statements by Trump, I'm sure you can find as well as I can the statements that have made the Squad so controversial and unpopular.

"Vulgar" is my characterization. By that, I include not only obscenities but unrefined, coarse and rude comments, including knee-jerk cliches such as racism, sexism and (yes) anti-Americanism. Trump, for example, is frequently vulgar. So are lots of people. But those are all subjective opinions of mine.

There have been a few polls on Squad members, both local and national.
Howee

PostPosted: 07/19/19 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Howee, further discussion does not seem profitable to me.

Since you have great ability to find offensive statements by Trump, I'm sure you can find as well as I can the statements that have made the Squad so controversial and unpopular.

'Vulgar" is my characterization. By that, I include not only obscenities but unrefined, coarse and rude comments, including knee-jerk cliches such as racism, sexism and (yes) anti-Americanism. Trump, for example, is frequently vulgar. So are lots of people. But those are all subjective opinions of mine.

There have been a few polls on Squad members, both local and national.

One thing is clear: You and I shall most probably never convince the other of Trump's Acceptability/UN-acceptability. Confused

Frankly, of the few Trump supporters here, you at least try to clarify your viewpoints and opinions. And for the record, I don't think you'd qualify as a "deplorable" Razz

But our dialogue definitely illustrates how 2 SENIOR WHITE AMERICAN MALES (who probably have far more in common that we do in the way of differences) can be so diametrically divided. This is playing out all over America, and NOT in such kind ways. To me, it's quite sad that this divisiveness amongst co-patriots is heading along at warp speed, thanks to the ever-intensifying process of political vilification.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/20/19 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meh.

The bottom line is racism.

PostPosted: 07/20/19 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Any suggestions?

Yeah. DO IT! Cool

One of the four Republicans who voted with Dems is from a suburban district outside of Philly. He's not in my district, but I did send him a note of congratulations for demonstrating the integrity to vote as he did.

MY Congressman was not so admirable; what follows is the letter I sent to his office.
Quote:
Mr. Smucker;
I am taking this time to communicate to you my great displeasure that you, as my representative, did not demonstrate the integrity one hopes for in their elected officials. To me, it is unthinkable that ANY representative in our Congress would NOT vote to name Trump's egregious rhetoric for what it is: Racist. Republicans want to parse words in avoidance of what is tantamount to contradicting Trump, all in the fear of 'offending' the GOP base.

I know you've acknowledged the role your Christian Constituency represents in our district --if that's genuine, please don't make a mockery of those principles by quietly acquiescing to the 'majority' thinking that tolerates such utterly UN-Christian behavior. This is a long-running trend by now, that is NOT in the best interest of our Country's future.

Shame on you, for whatever reasons led you to not stand by the majority vote; if you have any logical explanation for your vote choice, I'd be delighted to hear it.

This is what I went with. It's longer than I was wanting, but I'd already cut about half of it out.

Dear Representative Banks,

For the past few days I have been struggling to find a way to tell you how disappointed I am in your vote against H. Res. 489. I think "discouraged" and "wish" are probably the words that I have been looking for.

I am discouraged for the future of the United States of America when 187 people can't see how wrong, disrespectful and racist, yes racist, Trump's tweets were and then have the courage to vote to condemn them.

I am discouraged that it took several days for a few Republicans to say anything in this latest example of Trump's pandering, and then only because it was a bad look for the 2020 election, not because it would have been the right thing to do when it happened.

I am discouraged when winning is the only thing that matters.

I am discouraged because I KNOW that the four congresswomen referred to in Trump's tweets don't hate America any more than you or I do, yet the leaders of the Republican party are so reluctant to call Trump on it.

I am discouraged when the President of the United States of America tells lies with such ease, and at such a magnitude, yet so many Republican members of Congress remain silent about it. I am discouraged that the Vice President of the United States remains silent about it (that does not represent the Hoosier values I grew up with!). I am discouraged that so many self-professed 'Christians' remain silent about it.

I wish that I could congratulate you on your vote. I wish that you had the strength that Susan Brooks has. I wish that you had the courage to vote for what is right instead of what might get you re-elected.

I would be happy to hear from you if you can explain to me why your vote on H. Res. 489 was the right thing to do for the United States of America.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 07/20/19 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well-stated. Cool

(see p.m.)

PostPosted: 07/20/19 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Well-stated. Cool

(see p.m.)

Thanks. I was worried that I was a bit harsh at the end, but then figured WTH, Trump has tweeted worse things. Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Genero36

PostPosted: 07/22/19 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3qQdoLG-Wsk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qQdoLG-Wsk

Trump tried to throw his supporters under the bus before backtracking like he usually does. I would have no doubts that someone on his campaign started those chants on purpose. Wouldn't be surprised if they started "Lock her Up" as well.

It's long been believed that Mike Pence has ties to the KKK. David Duke praised him and he has stated openly he wants to see more confederate monuments erected. His father ran a white's only gas station.

Interesting that Omarosa was on board with Trump, Pence and company when Trump was having the crowd beat the hell out of black protesters and telling the crowd 'remember when we used to take 'em out back?' Yet she didn't seem to have any info to share about who was orchestrating those rallies. Guess she was too busy telling black people we needed to bow down to Trump.

PostPosted: 07/23/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

President Trump's job approval rating reaches high mark in NPR/PBS/Marist poll after racist tweets

Quote:
WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump's job approval rating so far does not appear to have been negatively impacted by the racist tweets he sent last week telling four Democratic congresswomen of color that they should "go back" and fix their countries of origin before trying to make changes in the U.S.

In fact, his approval rating among registered voters nationally reached a new high at 44% in an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll released Monday. But overall, the president is underwater with voters: 52% of those polled disapprove of the job he is doing. The poll was conducted from July 15-17, which was after the tweet he sent on July 14 and was condemned in a House resolution on Tuesday.

The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.7%.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/07/22/trump-approval-rating-new-high-npr-pbs-poll-after-racist-tweets/1796556001/

PostPosted: 07/25/19 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wb219dz_NeA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/25/19 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This guy is a bigger fucking idiot than I already thought he was (or whatever lowly staffer wrote this.) I didn't know 'stupid' came in such a quantity. I'm thinking that he bought the whole stupid farm!!

I think that I got ONE sentence that was on topic. And it was a weak, no-response, response. Guess I'm going to have to write him back. I didn't ask him his opinion of The Squad, so don't give it to me. Doesn't he know I have better things to do than to educate him???? Rolling Eyes Oh, and I'm also going to have to break it to him that I'm not in any way grateful that he is the person that represents me in Congress.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting me regarding comments made on Twitter by President Donald Trump about four Members of Congress. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

In regard to the President’s comments, I strongly believe that criticism of a Member should be focused on policy and ideology, not personality. What we should be discussing is the trajectory of our country if the policies championed by the Left take flight. The cornerstones to their big-government agenda are Medicare For All, which would require every American’s taxes to be doubled and significantly reduce access to quality care; and the Green New Deal, which is another big-government takeover that will devastate the economy and cost over $90 trillion to implement. And finally, the normalization of anti-Semitism from select Members on the Left has been truly disturbing, and completely unbecoming of their station. These are the policies and ideologies that I am focused on countering and besting with conservative, fiscally responsible solutions that will preserve America’s prosperity and freedoms.
I am grateful for the opportunity to represent you in Congress. If you would like updates regarding my work on behalf of northeast Indiana, I invite you to visit my website at banks.house.gov where you can view the contact tab and sign up for my e-newsletter. In the future, please do not hesitate to contact me regarding any issues that concern you and your family.

Sincerely,

Jim Banks
Member of Congress
Indiana's Third District

Howee

PostPosted: 07/26/19 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm. Your Banks IS pretty much the standard GOP "Let me educate you on why progressive policy is evil". What *my* guy wrote back to me is actually a bit more palatable, but still doesn't excuse his lack of voice on that particular vote:

Quote:

Dear Howee, you beacon of brightness;

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to President Trump's tweets towards "progressive" congresswomen.

Racially-motivated statements or behavior by anyone is unacceptable and unbecoming of our great nation. While I have strong disagreements with my colleagues in the House of Representatives on policy, Congress should focus on debating their merits through debate, an intended function of Congress. Inflammatory rhetoric from either side of the aisle will only continue to divide us.

We must return to civility in our public discourse. As a member of the bipartisan Congressional Civility and Respect Caucus, I have long advocated for honest and respectful public discourse across all forums. For example, I have spoken on the floor of the House of Representatives to recognize the National Day of Civility. I encourage you to watch my full speech by visiting my YouTube page. While there will always be partisan disagreements, today there is an alarming decline in our public discourse. To best serve the American people, Congress should be an example to our constituents by returning to civility and respect in our political discourse.

Again, I appreciate your thoughts and it is an honor to serve you in Congress. Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future.
Sincerely,
Lloyd Smucker

Obviously, it was a form, but still....if enough people voiced their concerns about it to warrant a 'form', then I say GOOD! Cool

PostPosted: 07/26/19 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Hmmm. Your Banks IS pretty much the standard GOP "Let me educate you on why progressive policy is evil". What *my* guy wrote back to me is actually a bit more palatable, but still doesn't excuse his lack of voice on that particular vote:

Quote:

Dear Howee, you beacon of brightness;

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to President Trump's tweets towards "progressive" congresswomen.

Racially-motivated statements or behavior by anyone is unacceptable and unbecoming of our great nation. While I have strong disagreements with my colleagues in the House of Representatives on policy, Congress should focus on debating their merits through debate, an intended function of Congress. Inflammatory rhetoric from either side of the aisle will only continue to divide us.

We must return to civility in our public discourse. As a member of the bipartisan Congressional Civility and Respect Caucus, I have long advocated for honest and respectful public discourse across all forums. For example, I have spoken on the floor of the House of Representatives to recognize the National Day of Civility. I encourage you to watch my full speech by visiting my YouTube page. While there will always be partisan disagreements, today there is an alarming decline in our public discourse. To best serve the American people, Congress should be an example to our constituents by returning to civility and respect in our political discourse.

Again, I appreciate your thoughts and it is an honor to serve you in Congress. Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future.
Sincerely,
Lloyd Smucker

Obviously, it was a form, but still....if enough people voiced their concerns about it to warrant a 'form', then I say GOOD! Cool

Not MY Banks!!! Laughing

I started my new letter last night. My opening - "Seriously?"

At least your guy said some things that are in everyone's best interest - civility, honest, respectful, bipartisan. Banks' letter just...failed.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/27/19 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vyk7SIX0Y5w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/27/19 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vyk7SIX0Y5w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fake president, fake seal. Seems right.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/27/19 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Somebody on Trump's advance team is gonna get fired

PostPosted: 07/27/19 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i so enjoyed that.

PostPosted: 07/27/19 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: 07/27/19 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Somebody on Trump's advance team is gonna get fired

How 'bout we just fire Trump instead?

Shades

PostPosted: 07/27/19 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="789" height="444" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zYANRUos8Hg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sambista

PostPosted: 07/28/19 4:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this ^ is why i can never live in amerikkka again.

PostPosted: 07/28/19 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Baltimore Sun responded, and pulled no punches:

Quote:
...the Sun responded to the president by calling him, "the most dishonest man to ever occupy the Oval Office, the mocker of war heroes, the gleeful grabber of women’s private parts, the serial bankrupter of businesses, the useful idiot of Vladimir Putin and the guy who insisted there are 'good people' among murderous neo-Nazis."

Quote:
"stll not fooling most Americans into believing he’s even slightly competent in his current post. Or that he possesses a scintilla of integrity.

Quote:
"Better to have some vermin living in your neighborhood than to be one."

Quote:
"He was returning to an old standby of attacking an African American lawmaker from a majority black district on the most emotional and bigoted of arguments," the Sun's editorial board said. "It was only surprising that there wasn’t room for a few classic phrases like 'you people' or 'welfare queens' or 'crime-ridden ghettos' or a suggestion that the congressman 'go back' to where he came from."

Quote:
The Sun editorial said, "Trump sees attacking African American members of Congress as good politics, as it both warms the cockles of the white supremacists who love him and causes so many of the thoughtful people who don’t to scream."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/28/baltimore-sun-editorial-responds-trump-remarks/1851017001/

sambista

PostPosted: 07/28/19 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
The Baltimore Sun responded, and pulled no punches:

Quote:
...the Sun responded to the president by calling him, "the most dishonest man to ever occupy the Oval Office, the mocker of war heroes, the gleeful grabber of women’s private parts, the serial bankrupter of businesses, the useful idiot of Vladimir Putin and the guy who insisted there are 'good people' among murderous neo-Nazis."

Quote:
"stll not fooling most Americans into believing he’s even slightly competent in his current post. Or that he possesses a scintilla of integrity.

Quote:
"Better to have some vermin living in your neighborhood than to be one."

Quote:
"He was returning to an old standby of attacking an African American lawmaker from a majority black district on the most emotional and bigoted of arguments," the Sun's editorial board said. "It was only surprising that there wasn’t room for a few classic phrases like 'you people' or 'welfare queens' or 'crime-ridden ghettos' or a suggestion that the congressman 'go back' to where he came from."

Quote:
The Sun editorial said, "Trump sees attacking African American members of Congress as good politics, as it both warms the cockles of the white supremacists who love him and causes so many of the thoughtful people who don’t to scream."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/28/baltimore-sun-editorial-responds-trump-remarks/1851017001/

brilliant.

it's time for everyone to speak up and speak out.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: