RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

donald tripe busted. no - really this time.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6133



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/16/19 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Fact check: Trump falsely accuses Ilhan Omar of praising al Qaeda

Quote:
Trump said he is angry "when I hear people speaking about how wonderful al Qaeda is." He emphasized: "That was Omar. How great al Qaeda is." And he said, "She said you can hold their chest out, you can -- 'When I think of America, huh. When I think of al Qaeda, I can hold my chest out.' "

Facts First: Omar has not praised al Qaeda or said she can hold her "chest out" when thinking of al Qaeda. Trump was inaccurately describing remarks she made in 2013 about how one of her college professors acted when he discussed al Qaeda.


https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/fact-check-trump-falsely-accuses-ilhan-omar-of-praising-al-qaeda/ar-AAEmLmp?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout



Asshole never lets facts get in his way. Rolling Eyes



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6133



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/16/19 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stephen Colbert monologue from last night. He does not hide his feelings about Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfJvjh_S60



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/16/19 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

House Condemns Trump’s Attack on Four Congresswomen as Racist

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The House voted on Tuesday to condemn as racist President Trump’s attacks against four congresswomen of color, but only after the debate over the president’s language devolved into a bitterly partisan brawl that showcased deep rifts over race, ethnicity and political ideology in the age of Trump.


Quote:
“There’s no excuse for any response to those words but a swift and strong, unified condemnation,” Ms. Pelosi said as the House debated the resolution. “Every single member of this institution, Democratic and Republican, should join us in condemning the president’s racist tweets.”

As Republicans rose to protest, Ms. Pelosi turned toward them on the House floor and picked up her speech, her voice rising as she added, “To do anything less would be a shocking rejection of our values and a shameful abdication of our oath of office to protect the American people.”



https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-condemns-trumps-attack-on-four-congresswomen-as-racist/ar-AAEqq8u



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6133



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/16/19 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm thinking of contacting my rep (not that it will do any good) and I'm trying to not insult him like he needs to be.

I want to tell him that the vote was disgraceful. I'd like to tell him shame on him and that he is a fucking embarrassment to the entire district. I want to tell him that he is ugly and worthless.

And that this isn't the republican party of my grandparents (they were very active in the republican party, friendly with a congressman and some state reps. My grandma was a delegate to the state conventions).

Any suggestions?



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13031
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/16/19 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Any suggestions?


Yeah. DO IT! Cool

One of the four Republicans who voted with Dems is from a suburban district outside of Philly. He's not in my district, but I did send him a note of congratulations for demonstrating the integrity to vote as he did.

MY Congressman was not so admirable; what follows is the letter I sent to his office.
Quote:
Mr. Smucker;
I am taking this time to communicate to you my great displeasure that you, as my representative, did not demonstrate the integrity one hopes for in their elected officials. To me, it is unthinkable that ANY representative in our Congress would NOT vote to name Trump's egregious rhetoric for what it is: Racist. Republicans want to parse words in avoidance of what is tantamount to contradicting Trump, all in the fear of 'offending' the GOP base.

I know you've acknowledged the role your Christian Constituency represents in our district --if that's genuine, please don't make a mockery of those principles by quietly acquiescing to the 'majority' thinking that tolerates such utterly UN-Christian behavior. This is a long-running trend by now, that is NOT in the best interest of our Country's future.

Shame on you, for whatever reasons led you to not stand by the majority vote; if you have any logical explanation for your vote choice, I'd be delighted to hear it.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 8270
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/16/19 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I'm thinking of contacting my rep (not that it will do any good) and I'm trying to not insult him like he needs to be.

I want to tell him that the vote was disgraceful. I'd like to tell him shame on him and that he is a fucking embarrassment to the entire district. I want to tell him that he is ugly and worthless.

And that this isn't the republican party of my grandparents (they were very active in the republican party, friendly with a congressman and some state reps. My grandma was a delegate to the state conventions).

Any suggestions?

Tell him that you wish he could be half the man that Justin Amash is. Someone who can hold true to his conservative principles and yet not sell his soul for 30 pieces of silver in the name of Party.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Luuuc
#NATC


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 20519



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 5:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1151234529220288513



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16951
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 6:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i wanna know wtf ben carson is saying/thinking/doing. oh, never mind!



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6133



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Any suggestions?


Yeah. DO IT! Cool

One of the four Republicans who voted with Dems is from a suburban district outside of Philly. He's not in my district, but I did send him a note of congratulations for demonstrating the integrity to vote as he did.

MY Congressman was not so admirable; what follows is the letter I sent to his office.
Quote:
Mr. Smucker;
I am taking this time to communicate to you my great displeasure that you, as my representative, did not demonstrate the integrity one hopes for in their elected officials. To me, it is unthinkable that ANY representative in our Congress would NOT vote to name Trump's egregious rhetoric for what it is: Racist. Republicans want to parse words in avoidance of what is tantamount to contradicting Trump, all in the fear of 'offending' the GOP base.

I know you've acknowledged the role your Christian Constituency represents in our district --if that's genuine, please don't make a mockery of those principles by quietly acquiescing to the 'majority' thinking that tolerates such utterly UN-Christian behavior. This is a long-running trend by now, that is NOT in the best interest of our Country's future.

Shame on you, for whatever reasons led you to not stand by the majority vote; if you have any logical explanation for your vote choice, I'd be delighted to hear it.


I was going to send Susan Brooks an email for having more balls than her weak-assed male colleagues. I have to have a zip+4 to be able to send her an email. I thought about faking one, but something is telling me that fraud isn't the way to go on this.

Did you send an email? I was given a box to check if I wanted a response. I know that it will be some weak form letter, but I plan on checking it to see what I get back.

The first note that I started began "Shame on you." I'm going to work on it some more. Thanks for the encouragement and ideas.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iMm8zs8TIEM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMm8zs8TIEM



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 8270
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh shit, that's one for r/cringe.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote


Former Texas judge leaves GOP over Trump

Quote:
“Even accepting that Trump has had some successes — and I believe these are few — at his core, his ideology is racism. To me, nothing positive about him could absolve him of his rotten core,” the post continued.

In a follow-up interview with the Austin American-Statesman released on Tuesday, Alcala said that recent tweets from Trump, in which he told four lawmakers to “go back” to their countries, played a role in her decision, telling the paper that she believes Trump is working to exclude “people who look like me.”

“Every day with the Republican Party seemed worse than the day before. Trump speaks about brown people like me as lesser beings,” Alcala, who is a Latina, said. “It’s cliche to say, but the Republican Party left me.”


https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/453434-former-texas-judge-leaves-gop-over-trump



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.


Last edited by Genero36 on 07/17/19 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6133



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Laughing Laughing
<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iMm8zs8TIEM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMm8zs8TIEM


Kind of makes me want to vomit.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13031
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1151234529220288513

....and THIS is going on while the man's businesses are bleeding millions of $$. Don The Con.

Ex-Ref wrote:
I have to have a zip+4 to be able to send her an email. I thought about faking one, but something is telling me that fraud isn't the way to go on this.

That's not actually 'fraud'....you're not scamming that person, but offering a note of congratulations. You'd certainly be allowed to send a 'snail mail' note to him, no?

He's not *my* rep, so I used Brian Fitzpatrick's own zip code on that form just to get his note of affirmation through to him. You may have noticed, it informs you that the reps will not RESPOND to people outside their district. But I believe they can certainly appreciate other citizens of their states expressing their thanks and admiration.

Ex-Ref wrote:
Did you send an email? I was given a box to check if I wanted a response. I know that it will be some weak form letter, but I plan on checking it to see what I get back.


Absolutely check the box. If we get responses, maybe we can compare notes to see if there was any more acknowledgement than the standard "Thank you for your message". Razz Even if that's all there is, it's still deserving of our efforts: they DO notice such feedback from constituents.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13031
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Laughing Laughing
<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iMm8zs8TIEM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMm8zs8TIEM


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The ONE woman in the bunch who *thinks* she's "colored" doesn't realize she's just been sitting too close to her TV screen whilst watching Fox. Rolling Eyes



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16951
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Any suggestions?


Yeah. DO IT! Cool

One of the four Republicans who voted with Dems is from a suburban district outside of Philly. He's not in my district, but I did send him a note of congratulations for demonstrating the integrity to vote as he did.

MY Congressman was not so admirable; what follows is the letter I sent to his office.
Quote:
Mr. Smucker;
I am taking this time to communicate to you my great displeasure that you, as my representative, did not demonstrate the integrity one hopes for in their elected officials. To me, it is unthinkable that ANY representative in our Congress would NOT vote to name Trump's egregious rhetoric for what it is: Racist. Republicans want to parse words in avoidance of what is tantamount to contradicting Trump, all in the fear of 'offending' the GOP base.

I know you've acknowledged the role your Christian Constituency represents in our district --if that's genuine, please don't make a mockery of those principles by quietly acquiescing to the 'majority' thinking that tolerates such utterly UN-Christian behavior. This is a long-running trend by now, that is NOT in the best interest of our Country's future.

Shame on you, for whatever reasons led you to not stand by the majority vote; if you have any logical explanation for your vote choice, I'd be delighted to hear it.


I was going to send Susan Brooks an email for having more balls than her weak-assed male colleagues. I have to have a zip+4 to be able to send her an email. I thought about faking one, but something is telling me that fraud isn't the way to go on this.

Did you send an email? I was given a box to check if I wanted a response. I know that it will be some weak form letter, but I plan on checking it to see what I get back.

The first note that I started began "Shame on you." I'm going to work on it some more. Thanks for the encouragement and ideas.



try this: https://democracy.io/#!/



_________________
no justice, no peace.
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16951
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
Laughing Laughing
<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iMm8zs8TIEM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMm8zs8TIEM


Kind of makes me want to vomit.


seeing this on tv this morning threw me into a serious state of depression.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sen. Tim Kaine says Trump's 'go back' tweets violate federal anti-discrimination law

Quote:
WASHINGTON – On Wednesday, Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., and Twitter users made the case that President Donald Trump's racist tweets telling four progressive Democratic lawmakers to "go back" to other countries violated federal anti-discrimination law.

"The EEOC cites 'go back to where you came from' as a classic form of discrimination that violates civil rights," wrote Kaine. "The President’s bigoted words are so contrary to who we are as a country that we literally have laws against them."


https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sen-tim-kaine-says-trumps-go-back-tweets-violate-federal-anti-discrimination-law/ar-AAEt7XP?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13031
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Quote:
....wrote Kaine. "The President’s bigoted words are so contrary to who we are as a country that we literally have laws against them."


As if THIS one has ever respected "laws".... Laughing



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12851
Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and mum's the word from the #OutlawGOP, and Trumpsters.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 598
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Any suggestions?


Yeah. DO IT! Cool

One of the four Republicans who voted with Dems is from a suburban district outside of Philly. He's not in my district, but I did send him a note of congratulations for demonstrating the integrity to vote as he did.

MY Congressman was not so admirable; what follows is the letter I sent to his office.
Quote:
Mr. Smucker;
I am taking this time to communicate to you my great displeasure that you, as my representative, did not demonstrate the integrity one hopes for in their elected officials. To me, it is unthinkable that ANY representative in our Congress would NOT vote to name Trump's egregious rhetoric for what it is: Racist. Republicans want to parse words in avoidance of what is tantamount to contradicting Trump, all in the fear of 'offending' the GOP base.

I know you've acknowledged the role your Christian Constituency represents in our district --if that's genuine, please don't make a mockery of those principles by quietly acquiescing to the 'majority' thinking that tolerates such utterly UN-Christian behavior. This is a long-running trend by now, that is NOT in the best interest of our Country's future.

Shame on you, for whatever reasons led you to not stand by the majority vote; if you have any logical explanation for your vote choice, I'd be delighted to hear it.

So do you think Mr. Smucker laughed as hard as I did, or did he just file it (in the trash?)


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6133



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why Susan Brooks voted no.

Quote:
“The lack of civility between the executive and legislative branches has reached an unacceptable low,” Brooks said. “We must remember our words matter and carry great weight. Our words and the ways in which we deliver them have a lasting impact on those who hear them. My hope for our country is that we can move beyond divisive rhetoric in order to more effectively govern.”


https://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/16/indiana-congresswoman-susan-brooks-votes-resolution-condemn-president-donald-trump-tweets-racist/1751433001/



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6133



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the best comments I've read. This is from the Susan Brooks article.

Maam Ojaras
The most American thing one can do is work hard to make America a better and more just place. To not just post snarky comments on Facebook and other social media, but to put in the hours of door knocking, fund raising and public speaking that it takes to launch a successful congressional campaign. These 4 women (with whom I have significant policy differences) have made sacrifices in order to do PUBLIC SERVICE. They are Americans through and through who have demonstrated by their actions that they love this country. Fascists suppress dissent. Democracy embraces diversity of both people and ideas.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Luuuc
#NATC


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 20519



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
One of the best comments I've read. This is from the Susan Brooks article.

Maam Ojaras
The most American thing one can do is work hard to make America a better and more just place. To not just post snarky comments on Facebook and other social media, but to put in the hours of door knocking, fund raising and public speaking that it takes to launch a successful congressional campaign. These 4 women (with whom I have significant policy differences) have made sacrifices in order to do PUBLIC SERVICE. They are Americans through and through who have demonstrated by their actions that they love this country. Fascists suppress dissent. Democracy embraces diversity of both people and ideas.

Yep, bravo to that.

I don't know how people still get away with equating wanting something to be better, with hate. If anything it's closer to love, surely.



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 8270
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/17/19 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
One of the best comments I've read. This is from the Susan Brooks article.

Maam Ojaras
The most American thing one can do is work hard to make America a better and more just place. To not just post snarky comments on Facebook and other social media, but to put in the hours of door knocking, fund raising and public speaking that it takes to launch a successful congressional campaign. These 4 women (with whom I have significant policy differences) have made sacrifices in order to do PUBLIC SERVICE. They are Americans through and through who have demonstrated by their actions that they love this country. Fascists suppress dissent. Democracy embraces diversity of both people and ideas.

Yep, bravo to that.

I don't know how people still get away with equating wanting something to be better, with hate. If anything it's closer to love, surely.

Well, I mean the same people that claim these women "hate America" are running around in hats that literally say "Make America Great Again", which by definition would mean they think America is currently "not great".

But for them, demanding the country "improve" to fit their desires is all fine and dandy, but when others seek to make it great in ways that don't conform to their views, well those people "hate" the country and should just leave...

So logic is obviously not their forte.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin