RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Really, she is the perfect fit then for the Dream - which is a team of players nobody else wanted in a city nobody wants to play in.

Well, Mimi Faust wants her. So yeah, Young definitely wanted to play for ATL.
The city you're describing sounds more like CHI.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
Team USA must be kicking the shit out of themselves with the season Sloot is having.

TBH - I suspect they are so arrogant that they don't really care about it or even know about it.

I also doubt Sloot wanted to wait to 2020 to possibly make an Olympic team.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
root_thing wrote:
So, Chicago gets Dolson, Copper, and Coates in exchange for EDD. Dolson is an All-Star, Copper could be their long-term solution at SF, and Coates has potential. Having Dolson and Coates is what encouraged the Sky to trade Boyette in a deal that probably nets them a lottery pick in a strong draft. Could it be that EDD demanding a trade is the best thing that ever happened to the Sky? Laughing

Hard to imagine a team trading away a superstar and coming off of it as well as the Sky have.

Well, Connecticut got three players for Charles. How are they doing?

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
Team USA must be kicking the shit out of themselves with the season Sloot is having.

TBH - I suspect they are so arrogant that they don't really care about it or even know about it.

Plus Geno didn't have the ability or the desire to look into the future to see Sloot playing well in the present day. Sloot wasn't showing out like this in the camps, I'm sure.

And what motivated Sloot to finally play up at this level? Could it be Cappie? Even though the team wasn't winning, Cappie was facilitating like she's never done before. Probably was leading the league in assists early on. Can Sloot maintain this level? That's the question.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
So, Chicago gets Dolson, Copper, and Coates in exchange for EDD. Dolson is an All-Star, Copper could be their long-term solution at SF, and Coates has potential. Having Dolson and Coates is what encouraged the Sky to trade Boyette in a deal that probably nets them a lottery pick in a strong draft. Could it be that EDD demanding a trade is the best thing that ever happened to the Sky? Laughing

I doubt it because i dont see them making the WNBA finals or go really far the next 3 years with this format

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

Plus Geno didn't have the ability or the desire to look into the future to see Sloot playing well in the present day. Sloot wasn't showing out like this in the camps, I'm sure.

And what motivated Sloot to finally play up at this level? Could it be Cappie? Even though the team wasn't winning, Cappie was facilitating like she's never done before. Probably was leading the league in assists early on. Can Sloot maintain this level? That's the question.

I think it's mostly just being the focal point of the offense now. Larger role, better numbers.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All of us basement dwellers were saying Team USA needed to take a young PG, but Geno insisted on riding the veterans and letting the next coach deal with the fallout.

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good as Sloot is, I don't think she will turn Hungary into an Olympic threat. So Team USA won't have to face her anyway. It is just the lost opportunity.

Shades wrote:

Quote:

She was at the game last night. Until July 31, I had never heard of her. I need to get out of the basement more often I guess.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
All of us basement dwellers were saying Team USA needed to take a young PG, but Geno insisted on riding the veterans and letting the next coach deal with the fallout.

I can't find it, but wasn't he, or someone quoted as saying there are no good PGs out there besides Bird/Whalen when it was obvious that Vandersloot was good?

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Simple question: does Young help a playoff push more than Hooper does? If so, it would be inaccurate to say as you did "Cooper didn't want Young".

These two things have nothing to do with each other. Cooper did not want to trade for Tamera Young. You can keep nitpicking and arguing timelines with someone who knows people on both sides of the trade if you want, but your assumptions are incorrect. Sorry!

RP

PostPosted: 08/12/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her emergence came out of nowhere after four flat years, but Sloot was the league's best point guard in 2015. No foresight needed by Geno, just an impartial mind.

On the other hand, I suspect Dawn Staley and Co. are ecstatic about Diggins-Smith, Gray, and Jefferson as well once she is healthy.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/12/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Simple question: does Young help a playoff push more than Hooper does? If so, it would be inaccurate to say as you did "Cooper didn't want Young".

These two things have nothing to do with each other. Cooper did not want to trade for Tamera Young. You can keep nitpicking and arguing timelines with someone who knows people on both sides of the trade if you want, but your assumptions are incorrect. Sorry!

So are you saying the conversation went like this:

Cooper "Boyette and your 2nd for Dream No. 1 and Hooper"

Stocks "No. You have to take Young too."

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/12/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No one owns a crystal ball to predict what will happen in the future. Anything is possible. It is possible three years from now the mighty Lynx and Sparks will not be seen in a WNBA finals. Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/12/17 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

As opposed to waiting until never?

PostPosted: 08/12/17 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Shades wrote:

The trade was initiated by Chicago actually. And the 2nd-round pick was a sweetener to ensure that it actually got done.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/12/17 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Randy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Shades wrote:

The trade was initiated by Chicago actually. And the 2nd-round pick was a sweetener to ensure that it actually got done.

So the trade negotiations were more like?
Amber Stocks: I'm willing to give you Imani Boyette for A'ja Wilson or Kelsey Mitchell
Michael Cooper: Give me a 2nd round pick, and it's a deal!

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Good as Sloot is, I don't think she will turn Hungary into an Olympic threat.

Well that's a relief. It kinda reminds of when people thought it was the end of the world when Becky Hammon played for the Russian national team. We still have all those young PG candidates we were talking about before Slooty got hot. And now we even have Plum and the rest of the world doesn't. Watch out, world!

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

She was at the game last night. Until July 31, I had never heard of her. I need to get out of the basement more often I guess.

That observation might help clarify things to less observant.

You can get cable in the basement. In fact, it wouldn't be a basement in the disparaging way Curt Miller intended if the basement didn't include internet.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/12/17 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hungry has Sloot and no one else. I wouldn't expect them to make any waves even in the Euros.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Hungry has Sloot and no one else. I wouldn't expect them to make any waves even in the Euros.

Who does Quigley play for?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/12/17 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Who does Quigley play for?

Also Hungary but they can only choose 1 of them

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
tfan

PostPosted: 08/12/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I doubt it because i dont see them making the WNBA finals or go really far the next 3 years with this format

That team that made the finals also had Fowles. They made the finals under the old format and I don't think they would have made it under the one the current Chicago team faces.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/12/17 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not all Chicago Sky fans on board with move

Quote:
The Chicago Sky are leaving the suburbs for a new home back in the city, and while some fans say they'll follow the team anywhere, other are anything but thrilled.

Quote:
One of the biggest reasons for the move out of UIC was to draw in the suburban crowd.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/12/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could be wrong but teams can not trade away both their first and second round picks, Atl may have already traded their 2nd round pick (not sure of this either), so for Chicago to get Atl's first round pick they had to send back their 2nd round pick.

I believe something similar happened with the Zahui B trade, NY sent their first round pick to Dallas (#10) for Zahui B, but because NY had already traded their 2nd round pick for Schimmel to Atl (#22) Dallas had to send back their 2nd round pick to NY (#14) so the trade could happen.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/13/17 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a-BTviGY0Y8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 08/15/17 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
There's still no exact date for [Coates'] return but the Sky are hoping for September. The Sky would need to make the playoffs to extend their season and they currently hold the last playoff spot. The WNBA regular season ends September 3rd.

I guess they're not aware of pilight's claim that a player must be signed by August 20 to qualify for the playoffs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: