Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 07/11/17 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
So any word on coates ? Any updates ? Still kind of funky to me that she hasnt signed but her twitter indicates shes with the sky ....

She's out for the season but has signed on to play overseas this winter. Sky will retain her rights. Curious what the Sky do with her. A trade is likely, but just a matter if it's her or Boyette that gets traded.

Dream have 3 wings now (Hayes, Sykes and Holmes.) If Angel comes back that's 4. Trade say Holmes for Boyette?

Just keep Holmes and draft Russell. You'll be way ahead of the game.

No thank you to Russell, but I would take Dolson for Holmes. But, I'm pretty happy with Holmes, so I'd go with Boyette+2018 FRP for Angel. If we end up with 4 wings we could have some fun matches against the Sky with their 4 posts.

As for Angel, maybe she will just show up for the playoffs like she did for her Beirut team.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/11/17 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Her playing overseas would remove that option. As far as I know she hasn't actually signed anything yet, plus she has to actually be healthy enough to play. It's still up in the air.

Does she have to actually play to be ineligible or is just signing enough to do it?

The CBA just says "signs another, or remains subject to a, player contract with a professional basketball team not in the WNBA". So technically only a signing, she doesn't have to actually play.

The whole rule remains pretty odd.

PostPosted: 07/11/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Stocks gets one more game to look at her team without Pondexter. If they again play well, Cappie might be out of the starting lineup in the future. Poke brought her off the bench for 4 games last year. Or they could bring Quigley off the bench. I think they need Tamera Young at small forward.

Stocks had seven days with the Sky after a loss to San Antonio, and they responded by blowing out the Lynx.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/11/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Young is their best option at SF. Quigley has always been their 6th woman, so she should be coming off the bench.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan

PostPosted: 07/16/17 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky has been running a Groupon all season.
The first one, for these games:
Quote:
Against the Connecticut Sun on Friday, June 10 at 7:30 p.m.
Against the New York Liberty on Friday, June 17 at 7:30 p.m.
Against the Connecticut Sun on Thursday, June 23 at 7 p.m.
Against the Phoenix Mercury on Saturday, June 25 at 7 p.m.
Against the San Antonio Silver Stars on Tuesday, June 28 at 7 p.m.

was $15 for Two Zone-Level Tickets (doesn't list what the value of those is).

For these games:

Quote:
Saturday, July 8, 7 p.m. (Minnesota Lynx)
Friday, July 28, at 7:30 p.m. (Phoenix Mercury)
Sunday, July 30, at 5 p.m. (New York Liberty)
Saturday, August 5, at 7 p.m. (Atlanta Dream)
Thursday, August 10, at 7 p.m. (San Antonio Stars)
Wednesday, August 30, at 7 p.m. (Dallas Wings)
Sunday, September 3, at 3 p.m. (Seattle Storm)

You get:

Quote:
The Deal
$21–$25 for one ticket for seating in section 101, 104, 109, or 112 (rows A–O) (up to $46.75 value)
$34–$38 for one ticket for seating in section 101, 104, 109, or 112 (rows AA–FF) (up to $78.75 value)
Each ticket also includes a Chicago Sky T-shirt
Click to see the seating chart.
Ticket values vary depending on the date.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/19/17 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07/19/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

you are crashing our tank?! do you know how much those things cost! Laughing

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, things are not looking good for the tank. Stocks isn't playing people out of position anymore and they're much more confident in their decision-making.

That, and Indy/SAS/Dallas aren't getting any better. There are a lot of teams hovering around .500 that the Sky could leapfrog in just a game or two.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/19/17 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky seem like that team that could upset someone in the first round of the play-offs(possibly Washington or Phoenix). If they win tomorrow vs. LA, they'll be 1.5 games behind 8th place Atlanta.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/17 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Quigley has always been their 6th woman, so she should be coming off the bench.

I disagree. There's an obvious starting chemistry between Vandersloot and Quigley. They need to ride it out to see how far it goes. Hopefully everyone would be amenable.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/19/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Quigley has always been their 6th woman, so she should be coming off the bench.

I disagree. There's an obvious starting chemistry between Vandersloot and Quigley. They need to ride it out to see how far it goes. Hopefully everyone would be amenable.

Laughing Cool Cool

PostPosted: 07/20/17 2:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some of Chicago's rankings:

Offense

fg%-5th
3ptfg%-5th
Asst-2nd
Reb-4th

Defense:

Fg%-3rd best
3ptfg%-2nd best

The sky are better than their record would suggest.If chicago can make the right trade(s),they will be a legit title contender in the very near future.
What chicago needs is a legit top 10 offensive player.D.Deshields or A.Wilson could be that missing piece,but only if they miss the playoffs....McCoughtry or Diggins would also be the perfect fit.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/20/17 2:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would a package of Coates,Fualkner & the 2018 1st rd pick(non lottery pick) be enoigh to get McCoughtry ?,,,,,,,,could chicago get McCoughtry if they traded their 2018 1st pick straight up before the end of the season ?

G-Sloot
G-Pondexter
C-Dolson
F-Breland
F-McCoughtry
6-Quigley
7-Boytte
8-Parker
9-Copper
10-Hampton

Lefttover:Young

Chicago could definitely compete for a tiltle with this squad.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/20/17 3:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Offense

fg%-5th
3ptfg%-5th
Asst-2nd
Reb-4th

Defense:

Fg%-3rd best
3ptfg%-2nd best

The sky are better than their record would suggest.

Offensive Efficiency: 11th
Defensive Efficiency: 8th

7-13 is a pretty reasonable assessment. Might well be generous.

PostPosted: 07/20/17 6:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Offense

fg%-5th
3ptfg%-5th
Asst-2nd
Reb-4th

Defense:

Fg%-3rd best
3ptfg%-2nd best

The sky are better than their record would suggest.

Offensive Efficiency: 11th
Defensive Efficiency: 8th

7-13 is a pretty reasonable assessment. Might well be generous.

It's a matter of perspective....At the start of the season coach Stocks played some funky lineups.Not to mention,Vandersloot/Quigley missed a significant amount of games(10 games total).Even when chicago was at full strength,Stocks went with a horrible defensive starting lineup(Sloot,Quigley,Cappie,Breland,Dolson).If Stocks sticks with a more conventional lineup.Chicago is a legit playoff team imo.chicago is top 5 in fg%,3ptfg%,and top 3 in def fg%.Those three stats should put them in position to make the playoffs.Chicago also has momentum on their side.Quality wins over minny,Ny,and Sea.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/20/17 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah, I get you, they're better than their record as long as we ignore the months when they were shit. Gotcha.

PostPosted: 07/20/17 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Ah, I get you, they're better than their record as long as we ignore the months when they were shit. Gotcha.

Two starters missed the first 3 and 4 games of the season for a team with a new coach, a new starter (at a different position than the old) and a few different rotation players. They were 3-12 [Dream, Stars, Dream], with the last loss being the first win of the San Antonio Stars. Then they had 7 days off to practice (this might be the period where Stocks held a practice where she didn't speak - forcing the players to run the practice) and think about the Stars loss, and Cappie Pondexter hit her head and has been unable to play since. And now have gone 4-1, [Lynx, Wings, Liberty, Storm] with the 1 loss in overtime. It's only 5 games but it seems like they are a better team now. Hopefully that is from getting used to each other and the coach, and not from Cappie not playing.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/20/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, shockingly enough they became a much better team when Stocks finally played their best 1 at the 1, their best 2 at the 2, etc. etc. And yes, they had some absences and injuries that made things more difficult for Stocks, but she made a whole string of bizarre and nonsensical moves all the way along. They've clearly been better the last five games, I've made that point repeatedly myself, and getting Cappie the hell out of the way has indeed been a big part of it.

I also said earlier in the season that the best hope for Chicago was that Stocks was a young coach who was learning as she went along (because things were such a mess that they had to hope she'd get better). Maybe the last five games are a sign of that.

PostPosted: 07/20/17 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky are 5-5 in the last 10 games. Probably a far indicator of what kind of team they are now. One big problem for the Sky future is the Sloot and Quig will probably miss games every years now that that are rent a citizens, but then lots of teams have that problem.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/22/17 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What if the Chicago Sky aren’t rebuilding, after all?

Basketball Star Cappie Pondexter on Her “Tomboy-Chic” Style and Favorite Chicago Spots

Quote:
The avid online shopper and taco junkie talks the best Chicago meal, gives us a peek at a few of her keepsakes, and more.

By Heidi Mitchell

Bevis: A trip to watch the
Chicago Sky is worth the price of admission

Quote:
For Sky games, parking is free, and there's always plenty of spots close to the arena. I bought my ticket the day of the game, and got a lower bowl seat near Dallas' bench for $26.

Last edited by tfan on 07/22/17 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 07/22/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
And then a draft night near-deal left the Sky with little to show for its two first round picks, between Alaina Coates, another center who isn’t likely to play at all in 2017, and Tori Jankoska, who was jettisoned after one regular season game.

Glad this was pointed out. i still believe Coates will be traded before the 2018 season and that Jankoska was clearly a bad draft pick. Especially with Kaela Davis still being available.

UK1996

PostPosted: 07/22/17 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd love to try and pry Powers or Christmas-Kelley from Dallas. I'd just hate to give up Boyette or the 2018 pick, and Coates isn't enough to get either.

PostPosted: 07/22/17 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
I'd love to try and pry Powers or Christmas-Kelley from Dallas. I'd just hate to give up Boyette or the 2018 pick, and Coates isn't enough to get either.

I disagree.....Christmas for Coates is a trade dallas would/should make.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/23/17 6:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:

Chicago doesn't need Christmas. Young is part of the vernacular. Copper is part of the future. If you project to the #5 pick, that should be juicy (DeShields?) Boyette seems more coherent now. A little continuity is in order.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 07/23/17 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New York will be happy to take either Christmas or Powers from Dallas. Powers for Stokes? Or do we offer Christmas a near max deal to bring her over(I do believe she's an UFA this offseason)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 23 of 28

Jump to: