RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/08/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So did Talbot just go from never played in the W to possible starter?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/08/17 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So did Talbot just go from never played in the W to possible starter?

Exclamation

PostPosted: 03/08/17 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the tank is on and DT only has a season or two left, how about trading her to NY for a 2018 pick and a player not named Charles or Rodgers?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/08/17 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If the tank is on and DT only has a season or two left, how about trading her to NY for a 2018 pick and a player not named Charles or Rodgers?

Are you sure you want her though? Great player obviously, but I've got a feeling she's going to have some dental issues this season Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 03/08/17 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Are you sure you want her though? Great player obviously, but I've got a feeling she's going to have some dental issues this season Twisted Evil

I'm sure she will end her career in PX.

But I have a strange feeling this might be her last season in the W, so if she wanted to chase a 'ship going to NY might make a lot of sense. And DT and Laimbeer together would be pretty awesome.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/08/17 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Starters should be Robinson, Taurasi, Murphy, Little, Griner. Petrovic could eventually start at SF, too & Taurasi would then start at SG.

PG: Robinson/Mitchell
SG: Taurasi/Xargay/Harden
SF: Petrovic/Talbot
PF: Little/George/Alleyne
C: Griner/Bone?

If Bone goes elsewhere, Cannon should make the roster.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
awhom111

PostPosted: 03/09/17 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be pretty funny if there was Griner contract drama since Brondello and Troxel are assistants to Lange at UMMC so she sees them every day.

This does lead to one question. If Griner and Taurasi both signed for the minimum for the Mercury, would the other teams in the league complain?
Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/09/17 2:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
This does lead to one question. If Griner and Taurasi both signed for the minimum for the Mercury, would the other teams in the league complain?

When teams can basically sign 7 max players anyway, the cap has so little impact on roster building that it's not really an issue. If they finally, finally restructure the salary framework in the next CBA then stars taking less money because they're making so much overseas might be more meaningful, although it'd rather defeat the point of changing the structure in the first place.

PostPosted: 03/09/17 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bone and 2018 2nd round pick for Christmas?

Not sure Dallas would do it, but with Powers as the starting SF of the future and a top 3 pick that could land future SG Deshields, Plum or Mitchell, maybe getting some more size in Dallas would make them consider it.

Robinson, Taurasi, Christmas, Little, Griner (Probably not a championship team but at least looks competitive for a group of starters.)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/09/17 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Not sure Dallas would do it, but with Powers as the starting SF of the future and a top 3 pick that could land future SG Deshields, Plum or Mitchell, maybe getting some more size in Dallas would make them consider it.

Robinson, Taurasi, Christmas, Little, Griner (Probably not a championship team but at least looks competitive for a group of starters.)

Everyone seems to think dallas wants there rejects lol . Bone is a talented player but i dont see how this would benifit us . Shes no bigger than C. Paris A. Coates or B. Jones . Id rather take a rookie without any background issues

PostPosted: 03/09/17 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Everyone seems to think dallas wants there rejects lol . Bone is a talented player but i dont see how this would benifit us . Shes no bigger than C. Paris A. Coates or B. Jones . Id rather take a rookie without any background issues

I understand your point as it relates to baggage, but IMO if Bone was coming into this draft after her senior year she would be ranked ahead of both Coates and Jones on most draft boards. I could be wrong but I think she is the tallest of the players in question. I think she would also pair nicely with Paris as a two headed center. I'm also willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for last season and think she can bounce back to at least being a decent player. I would try to buy low now if I was a team in need of a 20 minute a night center. But I can understand how others wouldn't want to give up a piece for a player who could cause potential chemistry issues.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/10/17 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I understand your point as it relates to baggage, but IMO if Bone was coming into this draft after her senior year she would be ranked ahead of both Coates and Jones on most draft boards. I could be wrong but I think she is the tallest of the players in question. I think she would also pair nicely with Paris as a two headed center. I'm also willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for last season and think she can bounce back to at least being a decent player. I would try to buy low now if I was a team in need of a 20 minute a night center. But I can understand how others wouldn't want to give up a piece for a player who could cause potential chemistry issues.

Bones got talent but we have enough locker room issues here in dallas adding to it should not be the direction we look forward to. Although our 3rd pick in the 1st round with Hamlin for bone id consider looking at though from a wings stand point.

PostPosted: 03/10/17 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regardless of character, a terrible defensive team giving up probably their best defender, for an offense-only center, doesn't seem like a great concept.

PostPosted: 03/10/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://mercury.wnba.com/news/mercury-name-penny-taylor-director-player-development-performance/

Quote:
The three-time WNBA Champion Phoenix Mercury today announced the hiring of Mercury legend Penny Taylor as the team’s Director of Player Development and Performance.

PostPosted: 03/10/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://mercury.wnba.com/news/mercury-name-penny-taylor-director-player-development-performance/

Quote:
The three-time WNBA Champion Phoenix Mercury today announced the hiring of Mercury legend Penny Taylor as the team’s Director of Player Development and Performance.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PFTTTTTTTT Cool

PostPosted: 03/10/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

Had a feeling something like this would happen. Sure left enough hints.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/10/17 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HELL F****** YES!

PFT!!!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/10/17 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great move for everybody Very Happy

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
UK1996

PostPosted: 03/10/17 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad to see Penny taking on a new role in the W! I've always thought show could one day be a good coach.

PostPosted: 03/10/17 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
any news on whats taking so long for Bone & Bonner to come aboard ? I really think we have seen the last of bonner in a Merc uniform .

Griner is making a special announcement Sunday during Suns pregame show. Imagine it is her signing.

JackOat84

PostPosted: 03/10/17 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
any news on whats taking so long for Bone & Bonner to come aboard ? I really think we have seen the last of bonner in a Merc uniform .

Griner is making a special announcement Sunday during Suns pregame show. Imagine it is her signing.

Mechelle Voepel's tweet on the Griner topic
https://twitter.com/MechelleV/status/840313164172517380

toad455

PostPosted: 03/10/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JackOat84 wrote:
dinkytown wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Mechelle Voepel's tweet on the Griner topic
https://twitter.com/MechelleV/status/840313164172517380

Either she's signing a multi-year deal or she's sitting out. I'd imagine since she's making a public announcement it'll be the multi-year deal.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/17 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sitting out would complete the ultimate tank job.

- Amanda Gorman
caune

PostPosted: 03/10/17 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Sitting out would complete the ultimate tank job.

Why would they tank so soon? and what player next year is worth it?

It's gotta be a contract extension, a long one I think.

PostPosted: 03/10/17 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, why would she fly back to the US to announce that she's sitting out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 13 of 19

Jump to: