Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/27/17 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Dupree & Bonner for MCcoughtry ?

THis one is intriguing but since Angel has said she's sitting out this year, it would be the same as Phoenix saying they were tanking again.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 01/27/17 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Myrtle, who do you think was ultimately responsible for the decision for PHX to tank, somebody from the ownership group or the president of the team at the time? That president is no longer with PHX, but she's now at a different WNBA club, so I'll be keeping a watchful eye on that club for any signs of tanking. Alhough, 2018 isn't necessarily the best draft to tank for since it's so deep, unless maybe you have your heart set on Wilson. 2013 was a very top end draft.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 01/28/17 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
caune

PostPosted: 01/27/17 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
caune wrote:
tfan wrote:
I just read the earlier part of the thread about Dupree and Bonner. Seems like either one could want a trade.

Not sure what you read earlier by DeWanna and Candace are married now so if one of them wants a trade that would be weird, no?

Uh oh be careful. We're apparently not supposed to say anything about the players life outside baseball. shhhh.

I'm not gossiping. The announcement and pictures were public. It is not a secret, it's just a fact.

PostPosted: 01/27/17 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just Spit Balling here what about Dupree or Bonner for Sancho Lyttle? She plays with DT and Griner overseas.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/27/17 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
caune wrote:
tfan wrote:
I just read the earlier part of the thread about Dupree and Bonner. Seems like either one could want a trade.

Not sure what you read earlier by DeWanna and Candace are married now so if one of them wants a trade that would be weird, no?

Uh oh be careful. We're apparently not supposed to say anything about the players life outside baseball. shhhh.

I'm not gossiping. The announcement and pictures were public. It is not a secret, it's just a fact.

You must have missed the other thread where we got into a silly argument about this.

PostPosted: 01/28/17 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trogro2 wrote:
Just Spit Balling here what about Dupree or Bonner for Sancho Lyttle? She plays with DT and Griner overseas.

I like the idea of Bonner and Dupree being traded together somewhere, I think that would be a nice shake up to the status quo.

IMO Dupree for Lyttle straight up is pretty even, so if Bonner is to be included I think Atl would have to send more back. Bonner and Dupree for Lyttle and Hayes could be interesting. But if not Hayes I think Atl would need to include at least the #7 pick.

With Angel taking time off I wonder if Atl goes rebuild year and develops their young players, going for Dupree and Bonner is a win now move, so it depends on what Atl's goal are for 17 and 18.

caune

PostPosted: 01/28/17 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trogro2 wrote:

Trading either of those two "iron women" for the oft injured Sancho seems shortsighted.

PostPosted: 01/28/17 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
caune wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
caune wrote:
tfan wrote:

You must have missed the other thread where we got into a silly argument about this.

Must have. What thread?

PostPosted: 01/29/17 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
caune wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
caune wrote:
tfan wrote:

Must have. What thread?

The Free agency thread. Someone (you can probably guess who) got his panties in a bunch when someone brought up a relationship on the Connecticut Sun (even though it is a known relationship via Instagram).

PostPosted: 01/29/17 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Pilight, as there even been a trade involving two Core players (e.g., Bonner for McCoughtry)?

Yes, but they weren't traded for each other. Sylvia Fowles and Erika DeSouza were both core players in 2015 when the three team deal sending Fowles to Minnesota and DeSouza to Chicago happened.

Ah, gotcha. Thank you!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/31/17 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trading for Robinson is a win now move, so I think Bonner and Dupree will be staying with the team for one final push

ATM

Robinson/Xargay
Taurasi/Harden
Bonner
Dupree
Griner/Bone

They still need some posts, maybe Cayla George returns? Even if they give Bone some money they can probably afford one more free agent, to bad they can't get Little or Langhorne for free, Larkins? Pierson back in PX? I wonder if they give TJJ a shot, Is she still healthy and playing in Israel? Any other Aussies floating around? Maybe try for kind of Aussie K. Griffin to do some work at the 3 and the 4 off the bench? Maybe D. Adams could work as a back-up to Dupree?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/31/17 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Trading for Robinson is a win now move, so I think Bonner and Dupree will be staying with the team for one final push

ATM

Robinson/Xargay
Taurasi/Harden
Bonner
Dupree
Griner/Bone

They still need some posts, maybe Cayla George returns? Even if they give Bone some money they can probably afford one more free agent, to bad they can't get Little or Langhorne for free, Larkins? Pierson back in PX? I wonder if they give TJJ a shot, Is she still healthy and playing in Israel? Any other Aussies floating around? Maybe try for kind of Aussie K. Griffin to do some work at the 3 and the 4 off the bench? Maybe D. Adams could work as a back-up to Dupree?

Spoon reaching for the heavens with these choices i see Laughing

PostPosted: 01/31/17 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

ATM

Robinson/Xargay
Taurasi/Harden
Bonner
Dupree
Griner/Bone

Spooner, you forgot about Petrovic. She's decent.

More ideas: Asia Taylor, who Brondello probably knows is owning Australia. Make a low-ball offer to Pedersen to bring her back home to AZ. Cierra Burdick, one Vol to replace another. What ever happened to Jen Lacy? Bulgak, the quickly forgotten one. Yvonne Turner, Nadia Colhado, Destiny Williams, low ball an offer for Gruda. So many choices.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 02/01/17 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Queenie

PostPosted: 01/31/17 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hell, right now, *can* anyone bring in Bulgak?

(now with spelling variations)
mb1

PostPosted: 02/03/17 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Robinson/Xargay
Taurasi/Harden
Bonner/Petrovic
Dupree//Francis-George
Griner/Bone

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/03/17 2:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Opps yeah forgot Petrovic, she makes it look a lot better, if George comes over PX looks pretty good.

With the Aussie connection in PX this seems like a good place for honorary Aussie K. Griffin to get another shot.

It looks like a big or two might get dropped in Conn I'd be watching that camp pretty closely. If Chicago brings in another post in the draft at #2 or #9 someone worth having as a 5th post might fall off that roster as well.

shontay33

PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

ATM

Robinson/Xargay
Taurasi/Harden
Bonner
Dupree
Griner/Bone

Spooner, you forgot about Petrovic. She's decent.

More ideas: Asia Taylor, who Brondello probably knows is owning Australia. Make a low-ball offer to Pedersen to bring her back home to AZ. Cierra Burdick, one Vol to replace another. What ever happened to Jen Lacy? Bulgak, the quickly forgotten one. Yvonne Turner, Nadia Colhado, Destiny Williams, low ball an offer for Gruda. So many choices.

Gruda might not be a bad Idea. She played with DT and BG at Ekat last season so she will be familiar with Sandy's system.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 02/07/17 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury sign Cayla George

mb1

PostPosted: 02/07/17 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any confirmation of the Dupree to an East coast team trade rumors?

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/08/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury sign Stephanie Talbot

toad455

PostPosted: 02/08/17 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb1 wrote:

I've heard this rumor as well. maybe Dupree to Indiana for Peters & Mitchell?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
UK1996

PostPosted: 02/08/17 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Dupree went East, would Bonner demand a trade?

PostPosted: 02/08/17 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Mercury sign Stephanie Talbot

I was hoping to see this happen this year. Stephanie has good size, flexibility, and experience. Plus she adds to our Aussie total which is a good thing in Phoenix. Welcome to the Mercury, Stephanie.

miller40

PostPosted: 02/08/17 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
mb1 wrote:

Noooooo thank you.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/08/17 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
mb1 wrote:

Noooooo thank you.

That would be a terrible move for Indiana.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 7 of 19

Jump to: