RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Paradise lost: Michigan State stumbles in Hawaii

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 11/19/05 10:22 pm    ::: Paradise lost: Michigan State stumbles in Hawaii Reply Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recap;_ylt=AgH1K6QzkSEosCPRtNbQd0bevbYF?gid=200511190246

Michigan State, the first member of the preseason Top Ten to lose this season, was hampered by poor shooting and leg cramps. The Spartans stopped off on Oahu on the way to Maui Invitational that starts Monday and will see them play three games in as many days.

The cramps so affected the Spartans that for a good portion of the final 10 minutes there were four freshmen on the floor at the same time.

"We're not a Top Ten team with some of the lineups we used today," Izzo said. "It's your biggest nightmare to have the freshmen out there and they're not ready to play at this caliber on the road."

PostPosted: 11/20/05 2:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When I saw this score, I almost laughed. I'm obviously not a huge MSU fan (see last year's Sweet 16 Evil or Very Mad ), but I expected more out of them this season. Hawaii? Shocked

Mathies to LA 2013
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/20/05 3:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
When I saw this score, I almost laughed. I'm obviously not a huge MSU fan (see last year's Sweet 16 Evil or Very Mad ), but I expected more out of them this season. Hawaii? Shocked

Wonder if Chaminade will pull a UVA-like upset in the Maui Tourney...

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 11/21/05 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Wonder if Chaminade will pull a UVA-like upset in the Maui Tourney...

I'd laugh so hard if 'nade pulled off the upset! I wonder what advice McCallie would give Izzo after that! Laughing

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: