RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 04/20/17 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Either that or I was hallucinating again.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 04/20/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Latta left UNC after two years. Sydney Colson is another one that does it.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/20/17 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
ClayK wrote:
So I'm thinking Kelsey Plum to Indiana -- and then I look at the Fever roster.

The only player under 30 that would seem to have any value would be Tiffany Mitchell, who can't shoot (36.1% overall and 29.4% from three) and had more turnovers than assists.

No wonder Stephanie White jumped ship ...

I love how people take one year in the league (and her rookie year, mind you) and make a blanket statement like "[she] can't shoot".

In her last year of college, Mitchell was 41.5% overall and 33.9% from three. She shot better when she was younger, but recently the ball isn't going in as much.

So maybe she'll revert to her previously more impressive form, and if so, she looks like a good player. But off the two most recent years of her career, her shooting has been suspect and if she can't consistently score from the perimeter, her ceiling is a lot lower.

PostPosted: 04/20/17 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I wouldn't write off Motley's chances of making the team quite so quickly.

I've rarely been impressed with her when I've seen her, but maybe I've only seen her on bad days. She was a good value pick for where they took her, but that's as far as I'll go.

(now with spelling variations)
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/20/17 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
I wouldn't write off Motley's chances of making the team quite so quickly.

I've rarely been impressed with her when I've seen her, but maybe I've only seen her on bad days. She was a good value pick for where they took her, but that's as far as I'll go.

Last year, I was more impressed than this year but haven't really seen a lot of their games.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/21/17 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
ClayK wrote:
So I'm thinking Kelsey Plum to Indiana -- and then I look at the Fever roster.

The only player under 30 that would seem to have any value would be Tiffany Mitchell, who can't shoot (36.1% overall and 29.4% from three) and had more turnovers than assists.

No wonder Stephanie White jumped ship ...

I love how people take one year in the league (and her rookie year, mind you) and make a blanket statement like "[she] can't shoot".

In her last year of college, Mitchell was 41.5% overall and 33.9% from three. She shot better when she was younger, but recently the ball isn't going in as much.

So maybe she'll revert to her previously more impressive form, and if so, she looks like a good player. But off the two most recent years of her career, her shooting has been suspect and if she can't consistently score from the perimeter, her ceiling is a lot lower.

To me Mitchell is a poor version of Loyd and she is playing like Loyd did in the beginning for the Storm. Trying to do too much. Forcing jumpshots instead of playing by her strength and take it to the basket.
The Fever is not a good team for her now that Catchings is gone. She will have to do more of they want to win at all.
Similar to Shenise Johnson she needs time.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/21/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to my Facebook feed, Maggie Lucan will miss the season to rehab her knee. Have to wonder if this is the end of the road for her.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/21/17 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
According to my Facebook feed, Maggie Lucas will miss the season to rehab her knee. Have to wonder if this is the end of the road for her.

I guess that could open things for Motley.... or more hopefully Fitzgerald

I wonder if she counts against the cap.

This is my preferred no-Lucas lineup

January/Wheeler/Fitzgerald
Johnson/Mitchell
Coleman/Pohlen-Mavunga
Dupree/Peters/McCall
Larkins/Achonwa

Pohlen lives!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
5thmantheme

PostPosted: 04/21/17 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bummer ... get well soon Maggie Lucas !!
Don't want to come back too soon, from a major knee. And hopefully good news after that.

She was killing it, right before she went down, and that was without B January setting the table.

Mitchell was playing well even with the unstable line-ups, early on. The rookie wall is kinda normal.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/21/17 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Devereaux Peters is having hip surgery and will miss the 2017 season. Peters and the Fever are expected to reach a contract separation agreement, at which point she will be released by the team.

PostPosted: 04/21/17 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Peters and Lucas both out for the season. You also have to figure Achonwa will be out a lot for her National Team. Indy can't catch a break. Looks like they are headed for the lottery.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/21/17 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Peters and Lucas both out for the season. You also have to figure Achonwa will be out a lot for her National Team. Indy can't catch a break. Looks like they are headed for the lottery.

Canada is not in Europe. Is there an Americas Tournament happening this summer?

Looks like the Lynx got the best of SEA in the Monica Wright trade, and the best of IND in the Peters trade. I don't know if they're getting lucky or they're good. They weren't too good in the Sugar trade.

I guess IND might be hurting more than I thought.
Colhado survives!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/21/17 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy with the #1 Pick in 2018 ? 17-17 in 2016 what would it take ? Maybe a 5-29 record ? #VeryPossible

PostPosted: 04/21/17 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

I figured since Hamblin was going to be taking the summer off to practice with her NT, Achonwa might also be out for a while. But, maybe she is already a lock.

Last edited by Randy on 04/21/17 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
miller40

PostPosted: 04/21/17 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Indy with the #1 Pick in 2018 ? 17-17 in 2016 what would it take ? Maybe a 5-29 record ? #VeryPossible

I won't get my hopes up for that. We've been horrible before, never got the #1 pick before, even when we were an expansion team. Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 04/21/17 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

I figured since Hamblin was going to be taking the summer off to practice with her NT, Achonwa might also be out for a while. But, maybe she is already a lock.

Was it a legit excuse for Hamblin, or did she see the writing on the wall? I had her getting bumped by Lewis. I know Achonwa is working out at the Fever facilities.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/21/17 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Let's not get carried away. It's not like they're losing a starter.

And next year, I envision a trade for Bonner... for some reason.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/21/17 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I won't get my hopes up for that. We've been horrible before, never got the #1 pick before, even when we were an expansion team. Laughing

awe thats right , they have never gotten the #1 pick maybe Lisa works some magic for this middle of the pack squad. They have always teetered the fence of being either a good team or just barely good enough .

PostPosted: 04/21/17 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy would have to hope that the Stars are not in the lottery, or else it would be very hard to overcome the Stars 10 game headstart on losses. (17 v 27 in 2016).

lynxmania

PostPosted: 04/21/17 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

There is this:
Quote:
The Senior Women will compete in the FIBA Americas Women's Championship, to be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina from Aug. 7-13.

http://www.basketball.ca/en/team_programs/womens-team

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/21/17 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So maybe

January/Wheeler/Fittzgerald
T. Mitchell/Pohlen-Mavunga
Coleman/S. Johnson
Dupree/McCall/Colhando
Larkins/Achonwa

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 04/21/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Lol. Yeah because those players definitely would have propelled them to a playoff berth lol

PostPosted: 04/21/17 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Randy wrote:

Lol. Yeah because those players definitely would have propelled them to a playoff berth lol

I think are two playoff berths this year that teams will fall ass-backwards into, maybe even with a losing record. The margin might well be the difference between Peters and Lucas's experience, and their rookie replacements' lack thereof. Of course, it might not be the worst thing in the world for Indiana to have a better chance at a high pick in 2018.

(now with spelling variations)
toad455

PostPosted: 04/22/17 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the Fever have 8 locks: January, Wheeler, Johnson, Mitchell, Coleman, Dupree, Larkins, Achonwa. Two more posts' spots will go between Colhado, McCall & McKinney. Two more guard/wing spots will go between Fitzgerald, Pohlen & R. Williams. I wouldn't lock in any of the Fever's rookie yet.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/17 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Devereaux Peters is having hip surgery and will miss the 2017 season. Peters and the Fever are expected to reach a contract separation agreement, at which point she will be released by the team.

Is anyone else confused by this "contract separation agreement" which is a new term being thrown out there, rather than just suspending her for the season?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: