Taurasi
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 55

Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/17 8:51 am    ::: Extended Choices MVP Poll Reply Reply with quote

The nominees are the Top 14 players in ppg that have played in at least 28 games to this point. In the 34 game era of the WNBA, no MVP has ever played less than 31 games in a season.

The nominees range from 19.9 ppg (Charles) to 15.1 ppg (C Gray).
All previous MVPs have scored at least 15 ppg.

Notable players that didn't make the ppg criteria are:
Dupree 14.9 ppg
A Thomas 14.5 ppg
G Johnson 14.5 ppg
J Thomas 14.4 ppg
Dolson 14.4 ppg

Notable players that didn't make the games played criteria are:
Griner 24 games
Delle Donne 22 games

Meesseman missed both criteria with 14.3 ppg and 20 games played

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SDHoops

PostPosted: 08/28/17 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FFS give it a rest Rolling Eyes Maya ain't the MVP of nothing. It's like taking a million different pictures trying to convince yourself you're 40 pounds lighter

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/28/17 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

True. I think some of these players may be on the down swing JK, but seriously Fowles doesn't play with Nneka, enough said.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/17 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
FFS give it a rest Rolling Eyes Maya ain't the MVP of nothing. It's like taking a million different pictures trying to convince yourself you're 40 pounds lighter

x__________ #Worst Season ive seen maya play her entire career!

PostPosted: 08/28/17 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shame the Sky's best player didn't make the criteria, or even the "didn't make the criteria" criteria.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/28/17 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

I hate pilight's criteria, but I don't like Shades' minimum games criteria either, so I'm going to create the Largest WNBA MVP Ballot at the conclusion of the regular season with so many players on it, I hope your scrolling mechanism works! Smile

pilight

PostPosted: 08/28/17 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

I hate pilight's criteria, but I don't like Shades' minimum games criteria either, so I'm going to create the Largest WNBA MVP Ballot at the conclusion of the regular season with so many players on it, I hope your scrolling mechanism works! Smile

What criteria would you prefer?

PostPosted: 08/28/17 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
I hate pilight's criteria

Understandable. I mean, looking at this poll, people obviously want to vote for Parker, which isn't a choice in pilight's poll.

SpaceJunkie wrote:
I don't like Shades' minimum games criteria either

Why not? If that's the case there should be at least one vote for Delle Donne or Griner in pilight's poll, which isn't the case. It's like all the research and education have finally sunk in and people realize that Griner and Delle Donne are not credible candidates. Even pilight was preaching as such in my research thread.
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92313

SpaceJunkie wrote:
I'm going to create the Largest WNBA MVP Ballot at the conclusion of the regular season with so many players on it, I hope your scrolling mechanism works! Smile

Are you going to create it offsite? I'm already using the maximum number of choices available, unless you take away the "other" option.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/28/17 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder how many people think Taurasi will be the Phoenix player that gets the most MVP votes. (I don't)

PostPosted: 08/28/17 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Are you going to create it offsite? I'm already using the maximum number of choices available, unless you take away the "other" option.

There's a limit? Dang it! My plans for the largest poll ever are cancelled!
I'd vote for EDD or Griner before McBride, because I think they are better than McBride by a higher number than the number of games McBride has played to them. Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/17 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

There's a limit? Dang it! My plans for the largest poll ever are cancelled!

Oh gawd, you're such a rookie even after 5 years Razz

SpaceJunkie wrote:
I'd vote for EDD or Griner before McBride, because I think they are better than McBride by a higher number than the number of games McBride has played to them. Smile

Do you think 26 games is enough to be considered for MVP? It's a simple question.

Nobody's forcing you to vote for McBride, but the choice is there for you if you're seeing enough in McBride to think she deserves to be MVP. Why should I make an indiscriminate cutoff point when I can just max out the capacity of the poll (15 slots)? Having 14 player choices worked out great because every player scored more than 15 ppg, which is in the ballpark of what Catchings scored in her MVP season.... even though there was a player who scored 6 more ppg than Catchings. You never know what the media will be looking for as a MVP, but will they be looking for a someone who only played 26 or less games? No. What kind of message would that send?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/28/17 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is not just a choice extension of Pilight's poll; it's a fundamental change.

Pilight's poll asks who "should" win, which I interpret to mean my personal choice.

This poll asks who "will" win, which I interpret to mean that I'm trying to predict the voters collective choice.

Some weeks my answer would be the same; others, otherwise.
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 08/29/17 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sylvia

Shades

PostPosted: 08/29/17 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a little late since most of the votes are in and it's become a two horse race. An argument for Charles is that game back on 8/18/17 against the Sun where the coaching staff wanted her to stay home but she said she was good. If she stays home and the Liberty lose that game, they lose the tiebreaker against the Sun and the chance at the #3 seed and maybe even lose the #4 seed. But instead they maintain their momentum to win every game since then.

Maybe I'm a sucker and the media built this up to more than it deserved and she wasn't in all that bad of shape, but if it's true it's kinda impressive.

Quote:
Tina Charles was questionable for tonight’s game with lower back tightness. “I didn’t know if I was gonna play tonight,” said the All-Star forward, “they said I could stay home but I didn’t want to.”

pilight

PostPosted: 08/29/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It should be a two horse race...between Fowles and Charles

PostPosted: 08/29/17 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fowles has been the most consistent. Parker is up and down. Tina started 'slow' but has been coming on. JJ should be in the conversation too.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 08/29/17 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm no Parker fan, but I actually think if she won this year, it'd be her least egregious MVP won of the 3. She's got a very nice well-rounded stat line and she's passing the eye test on the games I've watched.

With Ogwumike's MVP last year, they were obviously looking at fg% as the determining factor (plus the media love the Sparks). If they look at fg% again this year, it should go to Fowles.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/29/17 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Fowles has been the most consistent. Parker is up and down. Tina started 'slow' but has been coming on. JJ should be in the conversation too.

The first two sentences sound like the ROY conversation in which one player coming up after being down for a part of the season gets disregarded Rolling Eyes ....
Im going CP3 shes been a beast all year. Scoring rebs and assists. Shes the best all around offensive player in the league in my opinion. Anyone disagree?

PostPosted: 08/29/17 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The first two sentences sound like the ROY conversation in which one player coming up after being down for a part of the season gets disregarded Rolling Eyes ....
Im going CP3 shes been a beast all year. Scoring rebs and assists. Shes the best all around offensive player in the league in my opinion. Anyone disagree?

I do agree that that is your opinion. Wink

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/29/17 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I do agree that that is your opinion. Wink

Thanks randy! Thats all I never wanted!

PostPosted: 08/31/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No one has won MVP without leading their team in scoring. Parker does not lead the Sparks in scoring, therefore she cannot be MVP.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: