RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 08/22/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't know an under performing center could demand a trade.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 08/22/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Why not? Rumor has it Harding asked out at Minnesota. She was nothing to write home about. Toliver asked out of CHI after her rookie season. Those are the two rookie contract examples that come to mind. They both had improved careers elsewhere. Whether they would have improved regardless of where they were at is hard to say. You'd have to assume it helps being happy where you're at.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 08/22/17 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Why not? Rumor has it Harding asked out at Minnesota. She was nothing to write home about. Toliver asked out of CHI after her rookie season. Those are the two rookie contract examples that come to mind. They both had improved careers elsewhere. Whether they would have improved regardless of where they were at is hard to say. You'd have to assume it helps being happy where you're at.

I'm pretty sure T. Young and C. Little asked out of Atlanta and got their wish.

RP

PostPosted: 08/23/17 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
By "shift in priorities," do you mean that you weren't aware that their early record was a mirage, because they hadn't played anybody yet?

Those 10 wins came against Connecticut, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Antonio, Seattle, New York, Indiana, Dallas and Phoenix.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/23/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

San Antonio, Indiana, Chicago and Seattle are as close to "nobody" as makes no odds, and Connecticut is the only good team they beat on the road. On opening night, no less. By the way, how'd they look against the Sun the next two times they played them?

They've lost every road game against a winning team, except one. It really wasn't hard to read the tea leaves on this.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed that Boyette got fed the ball in timing plays a couple of times. I can't recall if she was coming off a screen and was wide open, but it looked pretty promising that the teammates were even looking for her. Maybe she's fitting in fairly quickly.

I notice that Achonwa always dashes to the basket calling for the ball after a high screen but is rarely fed the ball in the times that I've watched the Fever. Must be frustrating for a player to put that effort in and it goes to waste.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Cooper realized that it was going to take a while to work her in, unlike Young who has a lot of experience and plays a different position. I'm hoping that next season coming into camp will help her work her way into the system.

It is interesting that Morello has played almost 0 minutes most games, even when she was cleared to play. He's using Dantas and Lyttle as the backup center when Williams is out most of the time.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/24/17 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:
Imani Boyette said last night on The Crush sports talk radio that she asked to be traded

Thanks, Boyette! If not for your husband trying to crush me like an empty beer can, I would give you a thank you kiss. Very Happy

Out of curiosity, are the Dream the only team in history to lose a trade in which they acquire the disgruntled player who demanded to be traded?

Don't we have to see how Boyette and the first round pick compare next year to know how this trade turned out?

Last edited by tfan on 08/24/17 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Randy

PostPosted: 08/24/17 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:
Imani Boyette said last night on The Crush sports talk radio that she asked to be traded

Thanks, Boyette! If not for your husband trying to crush me like an empty beer can, I would give you a thank you kiss. Very Happy

Out of curiosity, are the Dream the only team in history to lose a trade in which they acquire the disgruntled player who demanded to be traded?

Don't we have to see how Boyette and the #1 pick compare next year to know how this trae turned out?

First, it probably won't be the No. 1 pick. Second, we have to wait to see who the Sky actually pick. I recall draft night this year Sky fans were not too happy about an injured Coates and Jankowska being picked. Third we have to see how Boyette actually turns out for the Dream. A lot of teams have given up on players that later came back to have pretty good careers - Quigley, Rodgers, J. Thomas, Clarendon, Latta, Paris come quickly to mind. Several of the players on that list became All Stars.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/26/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's up to 224 after today's game.
Only 12 assists in 2 games to tie all time single season record.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There should be an asterisk next to that number. #HateHard #MFFL

Randy

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Care to explain?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Care to explain?

The WNBA season was only 32 games long when Ticha set that record.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good point.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/31/17 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like the Dream are looking for a uniform sponsor though this all sounds so vague that I'm not sure what they are doing.

http://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-join-forces-intersect-partners/

Quote:

Atlanta Dream Join Forces with Intersect Partners

August 28, 2017

Intersect Partners will help the Dream pursue a team presenting partnership

ATLANTA (August 28, 2017) – The Atlanta Dream is proud to announce a partnership with Atlanta-based Intersect Partners. The two-organizations will work together to build relationships around the local Atlanta community and pursue a marquee partnership for the Dream franchise.

“We are excited to have Owen Shull and Intersect Partners representing us as we pursue a marquee partnership,” Dream President Theresa Wenzel said. “Owen is highly respected for his work and has a history of connecting the right people and organizations together to maximize their brand. Intersect Partners addition makes us a better organization and we look forward to working with their connections as we represent the best women’s basketball product in the world in a city that embodies the Dream for so many reasons.”

Intersect Partners, launched in 2016, is a privately held company in the business of creating loyal, long-term partnerships for organizations and their business partners.

“It is an honor to work with the Atlanta Dream as they search for the right franchise presenting partner,” Intersect Partners CEO Owen Shull said. “I’ve seen the Dream grow on the court and off in their first ten years and know they will continue to expand their fan base and their positive presence in the community.

“I know this is a great opportunity for a brand to partner with a highly successful program in a dynamic city competing in a league with great national exposure. Furthermore, I have worked Theresa Wenzel and others on the Dream staff and know they are first-class in everything they do.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: