RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 04/02/17 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just hope that the Dream playing there the next two seasons doesn't mark the end of this franchise. No doubt attendance will dip, but how badly.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 04/02/17 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm guessing ATL will be about the 5th worst team this season, and home state girl DeShields will be about the 6th best prospect next year (if she's lucky). That could work out well for ATL. Could McCoughtry and DeShields get along? She seems to fit the team pretty well.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 04/02/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Randy wrote:
They are saying "several months" to replace 350 feet of the bride in both directions. I know the I-35 bridge was longer and higher (One summer I walked under it almost every day going from Williams Lab to class). But no matter what - it is going take well into the Dream season, if not the entire season.

That bride must have an interesting shape! Wink

I wud brame autocorrect if i heard it on my computer.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 04/10/17 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trade?

Dallas gets Sancho Lyttle

Atlanta gets Jordan Hooper and the #10, selecting Alaina Coates expected to not play

Dallas changes their culture immediately, and fixes their worst in the league paint D. Lyttle gets a sorta homecoming.
Atlanta gets the best stretch 4 and maybe it works, possible combo with Angel. Coates is somewhere between Catchings and Jillian Alleyne. Clearly the tank is on.

animals31089

PostPosted: 04/10/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Trade?

Atlanta gets Jordan Hooper and the #10, selecting Alaina Coates expected to not play

Dallas changes their culture immediately, and fixes their worst in the league paint D. Lyttle gets a sorta homecoming.
Atlanta gets the best stretch 4 and maybe it works, possible combo with Angel. Coates is somewhere between Catchings and Jillian Alleyne. Clearly the tank is on.

itll be something if the dream give up Sancho especially with Angel out

pilight

PostPosted: 04/10/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

animals31089 wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:
Trade?

Sancho is pretty close to done

PostPosted: 04/10/17 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sancho has definitely been on the downward slope the last couple of years. She's only 33 though, so it's not impossible that it has just been circumstantial and she could still have a couple more productive years in her.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/10/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
animals31089 wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:
Trade?

Sancho is pretty close to done

Took the words out my 👄, sorry animals31089 we here in Dallas kindly decline Arrow

PostPosted: 04/11/17 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Sancho has definitely been on the downward slope the last couple of years. She's only 33 though, so it's not impossible that it has just been circumstantial and she could still have a couple more productive years in her.

Sancho is 33, but 40 in basketball years. Every year she returns I'm afraid she's going to be a few inches shorter, having played so much over the years that the bottoms of her legs are being slowly sanded away....

BamaEd

PostPosted: 04/11/17 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Offensively, Sancho is in decline, but she is still a valuable piece defensively. She is very disruptive in the passing lane and tough to get around at times due to her wingspan. So, a team has to think if they want a defensive 4 who likes shooting jumpers from the elbow instead of banging inside. If they can live with that, then Sancho is a great fit for someone. Good veteran defensive presence that can be a calming force on the floor is worth it for some.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 04/11/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No?

How 'bout taking Coates at #7 , guaranteeing you have her? Swinging some sort of deal later.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/12/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream sign F Sarah Imovbioh to training camp contract.

http://www.excellesports.com/news/atlanta-dream-sarah-imovbioh-contract/

pilight

PostPosted: 04/14/17 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meh on the draft. We didn't need a shooting guard, but that's what we got. Leaving Brionna Jones on the board is going to haunt us. The second and third rounders are camp fodder.

PostPosted: 04/14/17 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was so grateful we didn't pick Osahor that it escaped my notice we passed on both A and B Jones. I'm hoping maybe this means Dantas is coming back. We've never had a useful player who could hit 3s so that's something. I still do think we should have rolled the dice on a PG. I like Clarendon but she is playing out of position and is probably 11th or 12th among starting PG in the W. Not shaping up to be able awesome season.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/14/17 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dn2o7N2CRIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/14/17 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dn2o7N2CRIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shocked Embarassed

PostPosted: 04/20/17 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
David Siegel @DishNSwish 12m
Big news for @AtlantaDream fans: Damiris Dantas Reporting to Atlanta Dream Training Camp

pilight

PostPosted: 04/20/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://dream.wnba.com/news/damaris-dantas-reporting-atlanta-dream-training-camp/

Quote:
After sitting out the 2016 WNBA season to participate in the Rio Olympics for Team Brazil, forward Damiris Dantas will return to compete for the Atlanta Dream, the team announced Thursday.

PostPosted: 04/20/17 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://dream.wnba.com/news/damaris-dantas-reporting-atlanta-dream-training-camp/

Quote:
After sitting out the 2016 WNBA season to participate in the Rio Olympics for Team Brazil, forward Damiris Dantas will return to compete for the Atlanta Dream, the team announced Thursday.

You guys may no longer may be in tank mode.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 04/20/17 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So tank mode is off. I guess we can't count on trying to losing our way to a championship.

It is sort of a commentary on the state of the WNBA that a player showing up for training camp is news.....

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/20/17 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So tank mode is off. I guess we can't count on trying to losing our way to a championship.

It is sort of a commentary on the state of the WNBA that a player showing up for training camp is news.....

And that a player with WNBA career averages of 6.5 and 4.7 -- and 4.0 points and 4.8 rebounds in five games at the Olympics -- can be considered a difference-maker.

To be fair, Dantas is a decent rebounder and was 6 for 15 from three last year, but still ...

PostPosted: 04/20/17 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Apparently a lot of people were asking about Dantas

PostPosted: 04/20/17 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

should end up as:

ATLANTA DREAM:
PG: Clarendon/Kiesel
SG: Hayes/Ajavon/Sykes
SF: Holmes/Jarry
PF: Lyttle/Morello
C: Williams/Dantas/Gatling
Suspended: Angel McCoughtry

Randy

PostPosted: 04/20/17 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Randy wrote:

And that a player with WNBA career averages of 6.5 and 4.7 -- and 4.0 points and 4.8 rebounds in five games at the Olympics -- can be considered a difference-maker.

To be fair, Dantas is a decent rebounder and was 6 for 15 from three last year, but still ...

I don't think we have really ever seen what Dantas can do. She didn't play that much for the Lynx but did pretty well in the minutes she had. She came to the Dream in a mid-season trade during a really bad year for the team, where everything was a bit distorted. I'm hoping that being with the team the whole year will help. No matter what, she is likely to be a huge improvement over all of the other posts we have not names Lyttle or Williams.

animals31089

PostPosted: 04/21/17 5:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
should end up as:

ATLANTA DREAM:
PG: Clarendon/Kiesel
SG: Hayes/Ajavon/Sykes
SF: Holmes/Jarry
PF: Lyttle/Morello
C: Williams/Dantas/Gatling
Suspended: Angel McCoughtry

looks good what about Simmons seems like Ajavon and Gatling waste of a spot though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19

Jump to: