RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 09/25/16 2:39 pm    ::: Atlanta Dream 2017 Reply Reply with quote

Assuming we get Dantas back and Lyttle is healthy, the post depth issues should be partly alleviated. We should be looking guard in the draft.

PostPosted: 09/25/16 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You got much more this year from Holmes, Clarendon, and EWill than I could have imagined. Will they continue on the upward path or revert?

Holmes in particular reminds me of a young Angel. Yes, really! Including the erratic shooting. But with her particular skill set, she's in a great place to learn and improve. She fits remarkably well with this team.

Yeah, I would say guard depth should be a point of emphasis. Alexis Jones maybe? Or Kelsey Plum... if either are there at your pick.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/25/16 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Lyttle get healthy and effective again?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 09/25/16 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lyttle is their question mark. Add a guard and they're set with (finally) a deep bench.

PG: Clarendon/Cortijo
SG: Hayes/draft pick/Ajavon
SF: McCoughtry/Gray
PF: Holmes/Lyttle
C: Williams/Dantas/Gatling

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/25/16 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Lyttle is their question mark. Add a guard and they're set with (finally) a deep bench.

We must have different definitions of a deep bench. This looks like a scary weak bench. And Holmes really isn't a PF against most teams, as we saw today.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 09/25/16 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

More like this

Clarendon/Ajavon(1-2)
Hayes/
McCoughtry/Holmes(2-3)
Lyttle/Gray(4)
Williams/Dantas(4-5)

Debatables
Cortijo
Gatling
Hollivay
Simmons

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 09/25/16 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
toad455 wrote:

We must have different definitions of a deep bench. This looks like a scary weak bench. And Holmes really isn't a PF against most teams, as we saw today.

The bench is awful, due to years of bad drafting and giving guards to Connecticut. We should have dismissed Angela Taylor much earlier.

PostPosted: 09/25/16 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C'mon, pilight. You know Taylor was just rubber stamping whatever Cooper wanted.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 09/25/16 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

plight wrote:
The bench is awful, due to years of bad drafting and giving guards to Connecticut. We should have dismissed Angela Taylor much earlier.

Or cutting players they should have kept. This team should have been set at starting PG for years to come if they didn't screw up who they kept in 2014 (and obviously I'm not talking about Dumerc).

PostPosted: 09/26/16 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clarendon,Dantas & 1st rd pick for D.Robinson ???

G-Robinson
G-Hayes
C-Williams
F-Lyttle
F-MCcoughtry

BamaEd

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

G-Robinson
G-Hayes
C-Williams
F-Lyttle
F-MCcoughtry

I actually don't want to give up Clarendon. I know she wasn't super great in Indy, but I always had a soft spot for her, so I was thrilled when she came to Atlanta. The play she gave this year was so much more than I could have asked for. Would Robinson be a great PG? Absolutely, but I liked the chemistry Atlanta was able to have this year. Plus, Clarendon showed she can hit the open 3, which is very needed. That can keep things open for Hayes and even Angel.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

G-Robinson
G-Hayes
C-Williams
F-Lyttle
F-MCcoughtry

Why would San Antonio part with the best part of that trade? An all-star for up until this year a reserve guard, and a still unproven post and a weak draft.

I'd pass on that in a heartbeat if I'm SA.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/16 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Robinson could be gotten for cheaper than that, but curious how ATL fans feel about this.

ATL would have to make sure Robinson is healthy enough to be worthy of such a price, and SAN would have to make sure Dantas would be okay with that trade. Young foreign players aren't always amenable to getting bounced around. They're used to signing where they want to play. This would be the 3rd club for Dantas, and she only played a handful of games for ATL.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/27/16 2:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think D-Rob is the best fit with the current Dream roster, I like her more in Dallas, LA, Was, or NY.

Clarendon, E. Will, Hayes, McCoughtry and Holmes seem like the Dream core, they need a stretch 4 and maybe a vet who can come in and keep things steady, C. Little or Langhorne might work in Atl if they can pick them up for free, actual if Pierson still has something left she might be abetter fit than either Camille or Crystal, but I would like to see them get someone younger and more exciting and move Lyttle to Cash status veteran back up. I'm not usually one to throw players under the bus but I think it is time for Simmons and Ajevon to go.

Atl might not have the right pieces if they want to hold onto their new youth movement but GloJo might be a good fit for the Dream. N. Howard might be the right player to target but why would Minny give her up? Having already formed a relationship with Dantas would Dantas and a first round pick tempt the Lynx? Would R. Gray and a guard/sf they pick with Atl #7 pick (Coffey, Scaife, Weise) be enough maybe but Doubt it, Howard is working out well in Minny, but Howard could start in Atlanta and be that missing piece.

Atl's draft pick is #7 if they want a post B. Jones from Maryland or a falling A. Coates seem like the only bigs that might mid to lottery first round picks if either last until #7. Some interesting big guards might still be on the board (Scaife, Epps, Coffey) if Atl might be interested in going small with McCoughtry moving to the PF spot ala later career Catch, they could start Holmes at the SF and have a nice young guard off the bench.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/28/16 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Put Alexis Jones with this roster. She can be a playmaker or she can play off the ball. She has a good outside shot and is incredibly athletic. She can backup the 1 and the 2.

SportzJunky

PostPosted: 10/11/16 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This year drafts al depends on who is coming out early actually. I almost guaranteed that Diamond will leave early. I am also hoping that Lexi Brown leaves. IF this occurs then we have a shot a getting a GOOD PG with our first pick. The PG that are coming out (in no order): Jones, Allen (ND), Plum, and Brown (hopefully). All four of these PGs can come in and do better (to me) than our current situation. I do think that Robinson would fit in PERFECT with our team. Before the injury, she was extremely quick (we are a quick team), great on defense (she start a lot of our running game with steals), can penetrate very well, and has a nice mid range shot. Heck she even shoots 3s like we do (lol, that was a joke but true...she is no ones three point shooter). I think with Jefferson earning a lot of minutes at the PG and Mcbride back, that MIGHT push Robinson as a bench player (I know that McBride has played SF before but her natural position is a SG and she is just to short at the SF TO ME). With San Antonio receiving the #1 pick, they could choose Diamond for the SF position and have Jefferson, Mcbride, and Diamond as their guards which is not bad. Do we think Robinson would want to play back up at SA when she could start in ATL? I really don't care which PGs we give up to SA for the trade (a PG with and our first round draft pick so they can get a big).

In the second round their are some no name bigs that I think would help us out ALOT. EW needs a backup BAD!!!! Dantas is NO ONES CENTER!!!! She does not like contact. We need someone that can come in and give EW a break sometime. I think we need to try and pick up BOTH Kendall-Copper and Chidom. Yes, I am a Duke fan but we have seen that Duke players are coming out of college underdeveloped but the talent is there. Both players bring some good things to the floor that we could use (Chidom at the PF and Cooper at the center). Since we wont need them to play bigger roles until midway through the season we could help them develop until then. Since both players go to Duke and they will suck this year, most coaches wont even have them on their radar (a lot of WNBA coaches go for names before talent). We took a chance with Hollivay for God sakes...I promise Cooper nor Chidom is that bad.

There is also a player that we can pick up that has talent but landed on the wrong team this past season. Butler from Syracuse is a GREAT guard. Butler would help us out with our 3 point shooting, she has size and also plays good defense. I think this was a case where teams really didn't follow Syracuse like that, so they do not know the talent that she has. Lets be honest as well, its not hard to beat out Matee and Simmons).

PG: Robinson (if we can get a trade)/ Best PG in draft available first round (with no trade)/ Clarendon or Cortijo
SG: Hayes/ Butler
SF: Angel/Homes (either can bump up or down to play SG or PF at times)
PF: Lyttle/Gray/Chidom
Center: EW/Gatling/Cooper

PostPosted: 11/05/16 2:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel really is becoming one of my favorite players to watch: https://twitter.com/WNBAOverseas/status/794268966499864576

Tip Hayes: https://twitter.com/WNBAOverseas/status/794274089376612359

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 11/06/16 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In response to Sprotzjunky. You forgot about Leticial Romero is a senior.
But either way Prahalis > Jones/Allen/Plum/Brown/Romero at point guard. And she'll still only be 27 (next year). I mean as long as you want to pick up another player who perhaps fell to the wrong team, why not pick up a super skilled player who already proved she was good but fell into some bad luck?

PostPosted: 11/12/16 6:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My sense is they wouldn't do it now that the TV money makes the losses more bearable, but interesting to note that the Hawks are bringing a D-League team to College Park and planning a new 3500 seat venue for that team...

pilight

PostPosted: 11/12/16 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wbj wrote:
My sense is they wouldn't do it now that the TV money makes the losses more bearable, but interesting to note that the Hawks are bringing a D-League team to College Park and planning a new 3500 seat venue for that team...

The Hawks don't own the Dream

PostPosted: 11/12/16 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know that pilight Very Happy

Weird issue killed all my prior posts, but as the guy that started the team I understand their ownership structure....I was merely noting that it may eventually get tempting to lease a brand new pro basketball facility seating 3500 that I am sure would be cheaper than leasing Philips....and look better on TV given current attendance levels...all depending on how nice they make the new facility...

WBD

PostPosted: 11/13/16 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry pilight...my bad memory had me trying to post under another username that I thought was mine Embarassed Very Happy

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 11/13/16 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
In response to Sprotzjunky. You forgot about Leticial Romero is a senior.
But either way Prahalis > Jones/Allen/Plum/Brown/Romero at point guard. And she'll still only be 27 (next year). I mean as long as you want to pick up another player who perhaps fell to the wrong team, why not pick up a super skilled player who already proved she was good but fell into some bad luck?

New to this board but I've been reading it for a few weeks now. Not new to women's b-ball.

I'm sorry but I've seen Prahalis play A LOT and I don't think she's better those players you mentioned. She's flashy yes but her game is off and her attitude has been issues for her teammates which is why she never stuck in the WNBA and I believe it is also a factor as to why she's not playing overseas right now (unless she's been just recently picked up). I have a friend of a friend or a recently former PHX Mercury player who has she can be quite difficult to play with at times. There IS a reason she's been quickly dropped from the WNBA teams that signed her. I'm not knocking her and she IS a decent player but she's not really suitable for the WNBA for reasons I have stated above.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 11/14/16 2:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"I have a friend of a friend of a former PHX Mercury player....". Sounds like a very credible source to me Rolling Eyes And if you ACTUALLY have seen her play a lot, I don't believe you that you don't think she's legit or you're just a poor talent evaluator. Sometimes really really good players just run into some bad luck believe it or not and there isn't actually something wrong with the player or their talent.

PostPosted: 11/14/16 5:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
"I have a friend of a friend of a former PHX Mercury player....". Sounds like a very credible source to me Rolling Eyes And if you ACTUALLY have seen her play a lot, I don't believe you that you don't think she's legit or you're just a poor talent evaluator. Sometimes really really good players just run into some bad luck believe it or not and there isn't actually something wrong with the player or their talent.

Yes actually, it IS a credible source and if you think being cut from practically half of the WNBA and overseas is just "bad luck" and not "her" then damn girl, that's some real bad luck considering there are some guards right now that shouldn't even BE in the WNBA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: