RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 230
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/25/17 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn those pictures of Nayo....she is such a cutie.

Watching the CT and Dallas game earlier really got me thinking would the Sun ever consider to make Morgan Tuck available for trade? she's hurt right now and the injury history concern me but she would be nice fit in that SF spot for the Libs, she can spread the court, 6'2 a really talented young player.


root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3793
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Damn those pictures of Nayo....she is such a cutie.

Watching the CT and Dallas game earlier really got me thinking would the Sun ever consider to make Morgan Tuck available for trade? she's hurt right now and the injury history concern me but she would be nice fit in that SF spot for the Libs, she can spread the court, 6'2 a really talented young player.


Not this season. CT's big issue right now is lack of depth. They need Tuck and Kizer to get back ASAP. Tuck is especially valuable because she can play both 3 &4 and can even give you some emergency minutes at 5. Maybe next season with the return of Chiney and the addition of a pick from the deep draft, CT will find itself with an overcrowded roster. Then, Tuck might become available.



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11151



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah I have a feeling Tuck is going to be valuable as the season goes on. Not to sound like a broken record, and yes Alyssa Thomas is playing great. But that wrecking ball style of play at the 4 spot, which at times will include going up against bigger players (though she is quite strong at 6'0"), is bound to take its toll. She left yesterday's game for a spell after taking a hard shot in the upper body. She's going to be vulnerable to more of the same given her style of play.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Lib Fan



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 4107
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good to see The Liberty supporting Pride...
I would have been nice to have the whole team there ...just saying



_________________
Go Liberty 2011
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 230
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
Damn those pictures of Nayo....she is such a cutie.

Watching the CT and Dallas game earlier really got me thinking would the Sun ever consider to make Morgan Tuck available for trade? she's hurt right now and the injury history concern me but she would be nice fit in that SF spot for the Libs, she can spread the court, 6'2 a really talented young player.


Not this season. CT's big issue right now is lack of depth. They need Tuck and Kizer to get back ASAP. Tuck is especially valuable because she can play both 3 &4 and can even give you some emergency minutes at 5. Maybe next season with the return of Chiney and the addition of a pick from the deep draft, CT will find itself with an overcrowded roster. Then, Tuck might become available.


yeah if they can get Tuck back and healthy, they are a playoff team in my eyes...J Thomas is such an underated PG, she's the leader of that team, you can see it in every Huddle and all of them listen.

i really wished Boyd was playin, i think Boyd would of played so much better defense against Thomas and Williams but it is what it is


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11151



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
Damn those pictures of Nayo....she is such a cutie.

Watching the CT and Dallas game earlier really got me thinking would the Sun ever consider to make Morgan Tuck available for trade? she's hurt right now and the injury history concern me but she would be nice fit in that SF spot for the Libs, she can spread the court, 6'2 a really talented young player.


Not this season. CT's big issue right now is lack of depth. They need Tuck and Kizer to get back ASAP. Tuck is especially valuable because she can play both 3 &4 and can even give you some emergency minutes at 5. Maybe next season with the return of Chiney and the addition of a pick from the deep draft, CT will find itself with an overcrowded roster. Then, Tuck might become available.


yeah if they can get Tuck back and healthy, they are a playoff team in my eyes...J Thomas is such an underated PG, she's the leader of that team, you can see it in every Huddle and all of them listen.

i really wished Boyd was playin, i think Boyd would of played so much better defense against Thomas and Williams but it is what it is


Yeah my friend and I were wishing Boyd was playing in that game. Not only the ball pressure she would have provided but also the transition offense. Maybe CT would have been less aggressive on the offensive boards. And I thought CT was ALREADY fatigued. Throw Boyd in that mix you make up a deficit faster.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11151



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Good to see The Liberty supporting Pride...
I would have been nice to have the whole team there ...just saying


Who was missing?



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Lib Fan



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 4107
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:
Good to see The Liberty supporting Pride...
I would have been nice to have the whole team there ...just saying


Who was missing?


Lindsay Allen
Tina
Prince
Sugar Rodgers (but she gets a pass because of possible injury)
Kia Vaughn

and of course where was T Spoon ?



_________________
Go Liberty 2011
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3793
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To be fair, the float was announced a day or two before the parade. People may have already had other commitments. Also, the Liberty participate in a lot of community events. We can't expect the players to attend every one of them.



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
Happycappie25



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 3828
Location: QUEENS!!!!


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:
Good to see The Liberty supporting Pride...
I would have been nice to have the whole team there ...just saying


Who was missing?


Lindsay Allen
Tina
Prince
Sugar Rodgers (but she gets a pass because of possible injury)
Kia Vaughn

and of course where was T Spoon ?


Check your PMs



_________________
"Leave it to the NCAA women's basketball committee to turn a glass slipper into glass ceiling" Graham Hays
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11151



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll give Piph a pass too being I think she just got back from Russia Thursday and played 20 minutes Friday. They probably practiced Saturday so I could see maybe taking a much-needed day off. Vaughn also got back last week herself. And then Tina with all her hard minutes...

But yeah I get where it would be nice if the whole team was there. Hard to gauge without knowing each individual's circumstances. Back in the day my guess is if the team had something like that then everyone or almost everyone would have participated.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11151



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder when we will find out what's up with Rodgers.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 14985
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I'll give Piph a pass too being I think she just got back from Russia Thursday and played 20 minutes Friday. They probably practiced Saturday so I could see maybe taking a much-needed day off. Vaughn also got back last week herself. And then Tina with all her hard minutes...

But yeah I get where it would be nice if the whole team was there. Hard to gauge without knowing each individual's circumstances. Back in the day my guess is if the team had something like that then everyone or almost everyone would have participated.


Back in the day the team wouldn't have dreamed of doing something like that, and I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted to show up to the parade would have to wear a clever disguise.



_________________
If you can't see, stand up.

If you think it's too loud, you're not loud enough.
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 1764
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I'll give Piph a pass too being I think she just got back from Russia Thursday and played 20 minutes Friday. They probably practiced Saturday so I could see maybe taking a much-needed day off. Vaughn also got back last week herself. And then Tina with all her hard minutes...

But yeah I get where it would be nice if the whole team was there. Hard to gauge without knowing each individual's circumstances. Back in the day my guess is if the team had something like that then everyone or almost everyone would have participated.


I have great admiration for everyone who participated on Sunday. I believe any discussion here about giving someone "a pass" for not being there is way out of line.

I want to share something personal that perhaps some people will find relevant. I had a dear friend, no longer alive, who was an Oscar-nominated actor. He was gay. He never came out publicly, though lots of people in Hollywood and in the theater world were well aware that he was gay.

My friend never came out in good part because his family members were anything but enthusiastic about him being gay and certainly didn't want him to come out. Had he lived another year or two, I believe he'd have come out anyway. He spoke about it with me and was definitely considering doing so.

I know nothing about the personal lives of anyone connected with the Liberty. But, based on my friend's experiences, I know that there can be serious pressures on someone--whether LGBT or heterosexual--that can keep them from being seen at a Pride event. And even more pressures on someone who's in the public eye.

I'll close where I began: I have great admiration for those who participated on Sunday.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. She is currently a vice president of the NCAA and focuses on women's basketball.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11151



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I'll give Piph a pass too being I think she just got back from Russia Thursday and played 20 minutes Friday. They probably practiced Saturday so I could see maybe taking a much-needed day off. Vaughn also got back last week herself. And then Tina with all her hard minutes...

But yeah I get where it would be nice if the whole team was there. Hard to gauge without knowing each individual's circumstances. Back in the day my guess is if the team had something like that then everyone or almost everyone would have participated.


Back in the day the team wouldn't have dreamed of doing something like that, and I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted to show up to the parade would have to wear a clever disguise.


I phrased it poorly. I meant if it was approved of and organized from the top down (which never would have been the case) the team would have responded strongly. But maybe I'm wrong about that part of it.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 1764
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Queenie wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I'll give Piph a pass too being I think she just got back from Russia Thursday and played 20 minutes Friday. They probably practiced Saturday so I could see maybe taking a much-needed day off. Vaughn also got back last week herself. And then Tina with all her hard minutes...

But yeah I get where it would be nice if the whole team was there. Hard to gauge without knowing each individual's circumstances. Back in the day my guess is if the team had something like that then everyone or almost everyone would have participated.


Back in the day the team wouldn't have dreamed of doing something like that, and I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted to show up to the parade would have to wear a clever disguise.


I phrased it poorly. I meant if it was approved of and organized from the top down (which never would have been the case) the team would have responded strongly. But maybe I'm wrong about that part of it.


I should have said that I didn't mean to aim my comment at you, even though you talked about giving "a pass." There were earlier comments that I found problematic for the same reason. I applaud everyone who participated on Sunday and I hope most Liberty fans do. I just believe we should be extremely careful in any discussions about those who weren't there.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. She is currently a vice president of the NCAA and focuses on women's basketball.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11151



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I'll give Piph a pass too being I think she just got back from Russia Thursday and played 20 minutes Friday. They probably practiced Saturday so I could see maybe taking a much-needed day off. Vaughn also got back last week herself. And then Tina with all her hard minutes...

But yeah I get where it would be nice if the whole team was there. Hard to gauge without knowing each individual's circumstances. Back in the day my guess is if the team had something like that then everyone or almost everyone would have participated.


I have great admiration for everyone who participated on Sunday. I believe any discussion here about giving someone "a pass" for not being there is way out of line.

I want to share something personal that perhaps some people will find relevant. I had a dear friend, no longer alive, who was an Oscar-nominated actor. He was gay. He never came out publicly, though lots of people in Hollywood and in the theater world were well aware that he was gay.

My friend never came out in good part because his family members were anything but enthusiastic about him being gay and certainly didn't want him to come out. Had he lived another year or two, I believe he'd have come out anyway. He spoke about it with me and was definitely considering doing so.

I know nothing about the personal lives of anyone connected with the Liberty. But, based on my friend's experiences, I know that there can be serious pressures on someone--whether LGBT or heterosexual--that can keep them from being seen at a Pride event. And even more pressures on someone who's in the public eye.

I'll close where I began: I have great admiration for those who participated on Sunday.


That's true. I'd add also that I might not have gone. But not because of the specific event. I just don't like loud, large gatherings and potentially meeting loads of people at once.

Except sporting events, because I don't feel I have to socialize if I don't want to. Part of my point, which I phrased poorly, is there could be a multitude of reasons why people might not want to attend, some of which might not be so apparent as possibilities.

By "pass" I didn't mean obligation to go or not. Just that you could probably find reasons related just to their day to day grind where not attending makes perfect sense.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 1764
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I'll give Piph a pass too being I think she just got back from Russia Thursday and played 20 minutes Friday. They probably practiced Saturday so I could see maybe taking a much-needed day off. Vaughn also got back last week herself. And then Tina with all her hard minutes...

But yeah I get where it would be nice if the whole team was there. Hard to gauge without knowing each individual's circumstances. Back in the day my guess is if the team had something like that then everyone or almost everyone would have participated.


I have great admiration for everyone who participated on Sunday. I believe any discussion here about giving someone "a pass" for not being there is way out of line.

I want to share something personal that perhaps some people will find relevant. I had a dear friend, no longer alive, who was an Oscar-nominated actor. He was gay. He never came out publicly, though lots of people in Hollywood and in the theater world were well aware that he was gay.

My friend never came out in good part because his family members were anything but enthusiastic about him being gay and certainly didn't want him to come out. Had he lived another year or two, I believe he'd have come out anyway. He spoke about it with me and was definitely considering doing so.

I know nothing about the personal lives of anyone connected with the Liberty. But, based on my friend's experiences, I know that there can be serious pressures on someone--whether LGBT or heterosexual--that can keep them from being seen at a Pride event. And even more pressures on someone who's in the public eye.

I'll close where I began: I have great admiration for those who participated on Sunday.


That's true. I'd add also that I might not have gone. But not because of the specific event. I just don't like loud, large gatherings and potentially meeting loads of people at once.

Except sporting events, because I don't feel I have to socialize if I don't want to. Part of my point, which I phrased poorly, is there could be a multitude of reasons why people might not want to attend, some of which might not be so apparent as possibilities.

By "pass" I didn't mean obligation to go or not. Just that you could probably find reasons related just to their day to day grind where not attending makes perfect sense.


There are many reasons why any individual may not have been there. But some may be extremely sensitive. That's at the heart of what I'm trying to say. And, for me, that's why any discussion of why X or Y wasn't there is loaded and should be avoided.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. She is currently a vice president of the NCAA and focuses on women's basketball.
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3793
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The rest of the Liberty events are usually for kids with illnesses or kids from impoverished backgrounds. Not everybody shows up for all of them. Does that mean those individuals don't care about children with cancer or children in homeless shelters? No. Over time, we've seen all of these players show up for worthwhile causes. They don't need to explain anything to me. They're ballplayers, not Mother Teresa or the Mayor of New York. We shouldn't expect them to be front and center for all causes. I give money to about a half dozen charities, but I also say no to several others. Is it because they're not worthwhile or I don't care? No, I just feel like I'm at my limit.



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 230
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/26/17 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guarantee you there were alot of straight heterosexual people out there just to support and have a good time at the Pride Parade. I am a straight Black man i would of went if i had a chance too, because I'm very comfortable with my own sexuality and who i am as a person. I like to enjoy life and have fun, i surround myself with good people, positive vibes, we should all love each other no matter what race, religion, gender, i don't care who you sleep with at home its none of my business.

back to my Libs though, NBA awards


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13765



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/17 5:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm straight and have been to Pride before. Having worked in theater for 10+ years, I probably have more LGBT friends than straight ones. I go to Pride to support them & have fun.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3793
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/17 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think fun is a big part of it. Next week, I celebrate my 39th anniversary living in Chelsea. I often run into the Gay Pride Parade simply by accident. The same can be said about the Halloween Parade. They both start in the West Village, and the two events have a similar atmosphere. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the same people participate in both parades. Obviously, Halloween is not a political occasion, and I suspect that the amusement element now exceeds the political aspect for a lot of people in the Pride Parade.

What I've noticed is that the younger players from distant places tend to show up most often at community events. Zahui B, Rebecca Alen, Boyd, and this year Nayo and Burdick (before she was cut) appear the most in event videos posted on Liberty social media. Honestly, I think they go because they don't have a lot of friends and family in New York. It's something to do on their off days. The events are usually for a good cause, and they also look like a lot of fun. I don't think it's any coincidence that a lot of the locals -- Charles, Prince, Vaughn (T.Spoon?) -- were the ones who missed the parade. If you have friends and family in the area, you're more likely to have prior commitments.



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 17562



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/17 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
I guarantee you there were alot of straight heterosexual people out there just to support and have a good time at the Pride Parade. I am a straight Black man i would of went if i had a chance too, because I'm very comfortable with my own sexuality and who i am as a person. I like to enjoy life and have fun, i surround myself with good people, positive vibes, we should all love each other no matter what race, religion, gender, i don't care who you sleep with at home its none of my business.

back to my Libs though, NBA awards


Bria Hartley is just ridiculously beautiful. And I swear she gets prettier every year.



_________________
TALENT

What it takes to play a gay pirate, a gay candymaker, and a gay mad hatter, and still land a role as John Dilinger.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 4996



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/17 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote



auntie



Joined: 16 May 2006
Posts: 1727
Location: Brooklyn, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
I guarantee you there were alot of straight heterosexual people out there just to support and have a good time at the Pride Parade. I am a straight Black man i would of went if i had a chance too, because I'm very comfortable with my own sexuality and who i am as a person. I like to enjoy life and have fun, i surround myself with good people, positive vibes, we should all love each other no matter what race, religion, gender, i don't care who you sleep with at home its none of my business.

back to my Libs though, NBA awards


Bria Hartley is just ridiculously beautiful. And I swear she gets prettier every year.


I have always been fascinated by her eyes.



_________________
A woman's place is in the paint--Another artist for Liberty.
Lib Fan



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 4107
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes her eyes ...if she can spot a back door hanger or a open 3 !



_________________
Go Liberty 2011
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20044



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/17 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stokes cleans up really nicely too.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 1764
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/17 6:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to multiple reports, the horrible Jimmy Dolan will this morning (Wednesday) be dumping Phil Jackson, who's done an awful job running the Knicks. I've predicted here for a while that Dolan would replace Jackson with Jimmy's BFF, sexual harasser Isiah Thomas. Apparently we will soon see if my prediction was correct or way off the mark.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. She is currently a vice president of the NCAA and focuses on women's basketball.
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 230
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/17 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
According to multiple reports, the horrible Jimmy Dolan will this morning (Wednesday) be dumping Phil Jackson, who's done an awful job running the Knicks. I've predicted here for a while that Dolan would replace Jackson with Jimmy's BFF, sexual harasser Isiah Thomas. Apparently we will soon see if my prediction was correct or way off the mark.



Its a official now, as a knicks fan Thank God. If Dolan does decides to replace him with his BFF he's going to feel the wrath of Knicks fans and Media


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13765



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/17 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laimbeer just gave a interview from practice. No update on Sugar. Wasn't even asked.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3793
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
According to multiple reports, the horrible Jimmy Dolan will this morning (Wednesday) be dumping Phil Jackson, who's done an awful job running the Knicks. I've predicted here for a while that Dolan would replace Jackson with Jimmy's BFF, sexual harasser Isiah Thomas. Apparently we will soon see if my prediction was correct or way off the mark.



Its a official now, as a knicks fan Thank God. If Dolan does decides to replace him with his BFF he's going to feel the wrath of Knicks fans and Media


So, far the names being mentioned are Masai Ujiri and David Griffin. Internally, you have Director of Player Personnel Mark Warkentien. He's actually Ujiri's old boss at Denver. Supposedly, a number of unnamed college coaches have expressed interest. I seriously doubt it's going to be Isiah Thomas.

Sugar recently retweeted some messages about sending her to the All-Star game. If she's campaigning to be an All-Star, I would think the injury isn't too serious -- certainly not season-ending.



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 14985
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/17 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stokes cleans up really nicely too.


Dear Lord, yes, this. There are lots of inappropriate, objectifying things I want to say here, but, well, inappropriate and objectifying, so I will sum them up as "holy goddamn, Kiah".



_________________
If you can't see, stand up.

If you think it's too loud, you're not loud enough.
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 230
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More eye candy...from NYSFE2017








Miss Nayo and Miss Becky gettin use to that NYC life lol


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13765



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 5:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They both look stunning!



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 5907



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I should probably post this in Other Women's Sports, but I think this is a sport some NY fans could really appreciate. Could be in the 2020 Olympics.

https://www.change.org/p/make-pole-dancing-an-olympic-sport-2016 Razz


root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3793
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I should probably post this in Other Women's Sports, but I think this is a sport some NY fans could really appreciate. Could be in the 2020 Olympics.

https://www.change.org/p/make-pole-dancing-an-olympic-sport-2016 Razz


All joking aside, pole dancing is quite physically demanding and dangerous. Try climbing a pole and then hanging upside down. There's no spotter, so one slip and you fall on your head. There's an infamous case where a woman sued Crunch gym because she fell during her first class while hanging upside down. She injured her shoulder and couldn't work for several months. Coincidentally, the woman turned out to be my dermatologist. Because it was a pole dancing class, people started calling her a bimbo and gold-digger. This is a doctor with two degrees from Stanford and some published research papers. Anyway, I've also seen a story about an experienced pole dancer who fell and became paralyzed. So yes, pole dancing is associated with strippers, but it doesn't mean it's easy.



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3793
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Rebecca Allen, like Skylar Diggins, looks a lot better without make-up.



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54160
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I think Rebecca Allen, like Skylar Diggins, looks a lot better without make-up.


A lot of WNBA players overdo their makeup. Diggins is one of the worst about going Kabuki-style.



_________________
Look out Music City, 'cause I'm here now and I ain't never leavin'
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3793
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
root_thing wrote:
I think Rebecca Allen, like Skylar Diggins, looks a lot better without make-up.


A lot of WNBA players overdo their makeup. Diggins is one of the worst about going Kabuki-style.


That got me thinking about Kabuki basketball. Might be fun to watch. Laughing



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13765



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

R. Allen & Zahui B. aren't worth keeping around. We draft a SF with our pick(#7-#9) and pick up a post somewhere.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 5907



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder why NY missed out on the Currie giveaway?


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13765



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Wonder why NY missed out on the Currie giveaway?
Seriously. Phoenix gave the Stars nothing. We could of sent San Antonio Hartley, Zahui B. & our third round pick.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 5907



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Wonder why NY missed out on the Currie giveaway?
Seriously. Phoenix gave the Stars nothing. We could of sent San Antonio Hartley, Zahui B. & our third round pick.


Seems like Hartley has proven her worth. Zahui B. and 3rd would have been better than what Phoenix gave up. If not, add R. Allen.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17410



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Wonder why NY missed out on the Currie giveaway?
Seriously. Phoenix gave the Stars nothing. We could of sent San Antonio Hartley, Zahui B. & our third round pick.

I was wondering a similar thing when I heard about the trade. I can see why Phx wanted Currie, but she would be useful to plenty of teams and NY in particular. Even Bill wouldn't attempt to lowball worse than the Mercury did, surely??
She'll help the Mercury - likely resulting in us no longer having to start Talbot - but she really could have been a difference-maker in NY.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13765



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laimbeer probably only offered Deanna Nolan, Olcay Cakir & their 3rd round pick.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3793
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Currie forced a trade because she wanted to start, going to NY is not the answer. Zellous is now arguably NY's second best player, and she's getting at least 30 mpg at SF. Nor would Currie beat out Rodgers at SG or Prince at PG. Also, with Laimbeer it's defense first. Is Currie going to come in at mid-season and instantly fit into NY's hyper-switching team defense?

I couldn't watch today's game, but it doesn't look like I missed anything. Shocked Nonetheless, if people think Monique Currie was going to save you tonight, you're dreaming.



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9371
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Wonder why NY missed out on the Currie giveaway?



I've been asking that for a lot of teams... Especially Seattle.. Confused

But Currie signed to PHO in 2015 as a FA... for nothing. She was then traded in 2016 for a 2nd round pick. And in 2017, she was traded back to PHO for a 3rd round pick+extras.

With that, I'm of the thinking that Currie just wants to play in PHO and start. Idea



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3317
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/17 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whats going on with NYL ? A few weeks ago the talk was how much can they sustain without prince & vaughn and if they could win 3 or 4 games they would have a great push once the two returned. Seemed as though they were better when the two left and now are on a downward slide. Embarassed



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 5907



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/17 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well no one thought it was addition by subtraction when they left, so I guess they won't think it is subtraction by addition now. Being on a no Sugar diet is probably really hard for NY.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3317
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/17 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Well no one thought it was addition by subtraction when they left, so I guess they won't think it is subtraction by addition now. Being on a no Sugar diet is probably really hard for NY.


Possibly showing who the more important player to this team might be
Sugar < Prince



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin