RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 1600
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Now Laimbeer has to figure out if he wants that pure PG-type with Allen or attempt to make Burdick a SF.


I haven't really understood your 250 posts predicting Allen would get cut. Did she run over your dog or something? Very Happy But I think Bill figured all of that out long before he drafted Allen. He knew then what and who he wanted. That wasn't an accident.

Now she could turn out to be a bust and get cut (but I doubt it), but I don't think there's any experimenting or "figuring it out" going on.

Allen was one of the most predictable, known, easy to figure out players in the entire draft. Anyone who took her knew exactly what they were getting and was taking her on purpose to get exactly that.


I completely agree with your view of the drafting of Allen. I believe she'll be on the team unless Laimbeer can make an unexpected trade for a talented veteran guard, which seems unlikely.

Could Allen prove to be a bust and get cut? Sure. But I figure she's got at least half a season, in practice and here and there in games, to show Laimbeer what she can do. I doubt that he drafted her with the 2017 season being a prime consideration, but rather what she can do in the seasons that follow.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. She is currently a vice president of the NCAA and focuses on women's basketball.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13060



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Now Laimbeer has to figure out if he wants that pure PG-type with Allen or attempt to make Burdick a SF.


I haven't really understood your 250 posts predicting Allen would get cut. Did she run over your dog or something? Very Happy But I think Bill figured all of that out long before he drafted Allen. He knew then what and who he wanted. That wasn't an accident.

Now she could turn out to be a bust and get cut (but I doubt it), but I don't think there's any experimenting or "figuring it out" going on.

Allen was one of the most predictable, known, easy to figure out players in the entire draft. Anyone who took her knew exactly what they were getting and was taking her on purpose to get exactly that.


Could it be that I just don't think she's good and that Laimbeer should have drafted someone else. With Erin Phillips available, I'd dump both Allen & Burdick and sign Phillips.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Happycappie25



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 3783
Location: QUEENS!!!!


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with Phillips on the wire this changes everything you pick her up...her and boyd similar so one can learn off the other while adding a true presence at the 1...I'd pull the trigger if shes truly available (not gone back to aussie rules or something)



_________________
"Leave it to the NCAA women's basketball committee to turn a glass slipper into glass ceiling" Graham Hays
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 2860
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Now Laimbeer has to figure out if he wants that pure PG-type with Allen or attempt to make Burdick a SF.


I haven't really understood your 250 posts predicting Allen would get cut. Did she run over your dog or something? Very Happy But I think Bill figured all of that out long before he drafted Allen. He knew then what and who he wanted. That wasn't an accident.

Now she could turn out to be a bust and get cut (but I doubt it), but I don't think there's any experimenting or "figuring it out" going on.

Allen was one of the most predictable, known, easy to figure out players in the entire draft. Anyone who took her knew exactly what they were getting and was taking her on purpose to get exactly that.


Could it be that I just don't think she's good and that Laimbeer should have drafted someone else. With Erin Phillips available, I'd dump both Allen & Burdick and sign Phillips.


This.....Boyd/Allen & Burdick could be in trouble if it happens tbh



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 53683
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phillips in New York makes a lot of sense. She's always reminded me of a less violent Elaine Powell.



_________________
She wants to dance, she loves to dance, she's got to dance
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 82
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im on board also of picking up Erin Phillips, she's a good veteran who can back up Boyd and maybe even start if Boyd doesnt play well. Plus she can be around a fellow Aussie Rebecca Alllen. Lets do this LFO


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 2860
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Phillips in New York makes a lot of sense. She's always reminded me of a less violent Elaine Powell.


+1 million of me Laughing



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 4665



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VOlLHR7x2YA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 18963
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phillips would be very expensive to claim off waivers. I could see them giving her a call if she clears, but I'd be a bit surprised if they wanted to take on the existing contract.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 10879



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Besides the expense, which is a sensible argument against, I'd also add the question of why she was cut in the first place, from possibly the league's worst team. What if that means you're getting the 2015 version of Phillips instead of the version that has shot mid-40s from 3 in certain seasons? Because if it's that version, that version isn't even better than Bria Hartley. Add that the Liberty system is not all that friendly to perimeter players and will have something of a learning curve, I'd say why bother? I liked what I saw of Boyd Sunday and I think she looks like the 2015 version with improved handle and awareness. If that's the case, I'll take that over Phillips, and be happy with a developmental player like Allen on the roster.

Even at her best, Phillips is somewhat repetitive for the Libs other than the fact she can shoot. The reason I say that is she would be another PG-sized guard who isn't a true point guard. How many of those types of players do we want, especially in lieu of having one player on the roster who actually is a pure PG? I think it's a no-brainer. Pass on Phillips.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Happycappie25



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 3783
Location: QUEENS!!!!


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Phillips would be very expensive to claim off waivers. I could see them giving her a call if she clears, but I'd be a bit surprised if they wanted to take on the existing contract.


Agreed



_________________
"Leave it to the NCAA women's basketball committee to turn a glass slipper into glass ceiling" Graham Hays
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 10879



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:


Could it be that I just don't think she's good and that Laimbeer should have drafted someone else.


From my end, I never saw her in college. If I had seen her on TV, it's possible I would also not have been wowed because Allen is the definition of unspectacular.

But I will say that if she makes the team and you see her play live, you may wind up with a greater level of appreciation for her game. My reasoning is that when she is in the game, that ball moves and there is very little wasted motion on her part. It's the kind of thing that I feel is more noticeable when you watch a player play in person. So, while you may still feel the same way after you see her play a few times, I also wouldn't be surprised if you came away with a greater appreciation for the things she does well.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 14861
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw Lindsay Allen in person in the preseason games and I still don't see what her backers see, FWIW.

I'd like to pick up Phillips, but that contract could be an issue, yeah.



_________________
"Silence must be heard, noise should be observed
The time has come to learn, that silence...
SILENCE MUST BE HEARD..."
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 19742



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
I agree with Phillips on the wire this changes everything you pick her up...her and boyd similar so one can learn off the other while adding a true presence at the 1...I'd pull the trigger if shes truly available (not gone back to aussie rules or something)


Shocked In what way are they similar? Phillips can shoot. Boyd can't. That seems like a huge difference to me. The only thing Boyd has going for her is that she is younger.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3739



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pure speculation but I'm not sure Phillips would want to come to NY. Phillips wanted to be in Dallas because that is where her life is. Maybe she would come but I'm not sure.

If we were going to go second Aussie off the wire I prefer Jarry (though it might be too late, which means we could still grab her as a free agent. Or see if Seattle wants next years second round pick and L. Allen for O'hea.


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3739



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On a different part of the same conversation barring trades or late signings I still think we keep both tweeners in Burdick and Raincock-Ekunwe. And roll with Prince, Rodgers, Boyd and Hartley covering the lead guard spot.

I'm sticking with this until the last shoe drops

Prince/Boyd/Hartley
Rodgers/Zellous
R. Allen/Burdick
Charles/Zahui B./Raincock-Ekunwe
Stokes/Vaughn

I like L. Allen, but I don't think we need L. Allen. If she isn't picked up we can always bring her back if the PG spot is suffering.


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3739



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I/m almost reluctant to think about any waiver wire additions as I've grown to like out current 13 but,

if Stricklen looses her job in Conn to Hooper is that some one Laimbeer might like to bring in for nothing?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 42702



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stalling on making the last cut, Laimbeer must be worried that the last cut will picked up if it's made too early. Only one of those players is really pickup-worthy.... somebody he might want available down the line. Who is this player?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 05/10/17 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 10901



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:


From my end, I never saw her in college. If I had seen her on TV, it's possible I would also not have been wowed because Allen is the definition of unspectacular.


You never saw her but call her unspectacular?
She started at ND every single game since she set foot in campus. Four years of starting every game for a perrenial top five team.
She shattered the ACC all time career assist record, blowing by players like Skylar Diggins, Dawn Staley and Kristi Toliver.
She has terrific vision, puts passes where they need to be, at the time they need to be there, and makes everyone around her better.
Maybe "unflashy" might be apt, but perhaps that's a good thing.
Really, there aren't many true point guards around in women's basketball. When you find one, keep her. They're valuable.

BTW, she played 35 mpg for 37 games at the point yet had only 79 turnovers for the season vs 282 assists (3.57 ato ratio).




Last edited by ArtBest23 on 05/10/17 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3739



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Stalling on making the last cut, Laimbeer must be worried that the last cut will picked up if it's made too early. Only one of those players is really pickup-worthy.... somebody he might available down the line. Who is this player?


I could see SA, Seattle, or Indy picking up L. Allen pretty quickly. It is interesting to note that Seattle and Indy didn't have any picks before NY so who knows if they were seriously considering her or not, but I wouldn't be surprised as both picked PG's later in the draft.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 42702



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
Stalling on making the last cut, Laimbeer must be worried that the last cut will picked up if it's made too early. Only one of those players is really pickup-worthy.... somebody he might available down the line. Who is this player?


I could see SA, Seattle, or Indy picking up L. Allen pretty quickly. It is interesting to note that Seattle and Indy didn't have any picks before NY so who knows if they were seriously considering her or not, but I wouldn't be surprised as both picked PG's later in the draft.


Not IND. They just cut a PG to add a G/F.

We were just talking about a certain team being short a guard.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3698
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
I agree with Phillips on the wire this changes everything you pick her up...her and boyd similar so one can learn off the other while adding a true presence at the 1...I'd pull the trigger if shes truly available (not gone back to aussie rules or something)


Shocked In what way are they similar? Phillips can shoot. Boyd can't. That seems like a huge difference to me. The only thing Boyd has going for her is that she is younger.


In five of her nine seasons, Phillips had field goal percentages under 40%. She was better than Boyd last year, but over the last two seasons Boyd actually edges her out .373 vs .369. Phillips isn't much of a playmaker, averaging 2.0 assists per 20 minutes over her career. Boyd is at 3.0 over 17.2 minutes. If you use advanced statistics, Boyd has an assist pct of 29.6% vs Phillips 16.9%. Now, a lot of that is because Boyd is a pure point and Phillips is a combo guard. But as NYL_WNBA_FAN pointed out, another undersized combo guard is the last thing the Liberty need. If you're looking at overall game, Phillips has a career PER of 13.4 compared to Boyd's 14.7 in her two seasons. If people don't like Boyd, that's fine. But Phillips is way overrated on this board. She's someone who has averaged 6.3 points, 2.0 assists on 40.3% shooting over her career. The 3Pt Pct is great at 38.1%, but that's 211 makes in 229 games or less than 1 per game.



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 18963
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Half-decent defense, mostly staying out of the way, and hitting threes could make her basically a better version of Bria Hartley, though.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3698
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Half-decent defense, mostly staying out of the way, and hitting threes could make her basically a better version of Bria Hartley, though.


I don't know what "mostly staying out of the way" means. Is that good? Smile "Could" be better than Hartley, but not for certain. Bria is 24, while Phillips turns 32 next week. One player has upside, the other is on the downside of her career -- and with a bigger contract to boot. Also, Hartley has been in camp and spent time at the practice facility even before camp started. She has some grasp of the offense. Phillips would be walking in cold. I don't see a compelling reason to make the move.



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 10879



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 4:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:


From my end, I never saw her in college. If I had seen her on TV, it's possible I would also not have been wowed because Allen is the definition of unspectacular.


You never saw her but call her unspectacular?
She started at ND every single game since she set foot in campus. Four years of starting every game for a perrenial top five team.
She shattered the ACC all time career assist record, blowing by players like Skylar Diggins, Dawn Staley and Kristi Toliver.
She has terrific vision, puts passes where they need to be, at the time they need to be there, and makes everyone around her better.
Maybe "unflashy" might be apt, but perhaps that's a good thing.
Really, there aren't many true point guards around in women's basketball. When you find one, keep her. They're valuable.

BTW, she played 35 mpg for 37 games at the point yet had only 79 turnovers for the season vs 282 assists (3.57 ato ratio).


I saw her in the preseason game. Let me rephrase. Unspectacular is the wrong word. I meant she's not overly flashy. I LIKE her. I thought her vision and ability to get the team into its offense quickly were both valuable. My point was that once Toad sees her in person, perhaps he will see more of the parts of her game that are valuable, since she's not a scorer nor has dynamic speed. The positives of her game may stand out more live than they did on TV.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.


Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 05/11/17 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 10879



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 4:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
I agree with Phillips on the wire this changes everything you pick her up...her and boyd similar so one can learn off the other while adding a true presence at the 1...I'd pull the trigger if shes truly available (not gone back to aussie rules or something)


Shocked In what way are they similar? Phillips can shoot. Boyd can't. That seems like a huge difference to me. The only thing Boyd has going for her is that she is younger.


Boyd has one other thing going for her that Phillips doesn't. Boyd is more of a PG than Phillips is. More importantly, L. Allen would be the player cut for Phillips and Allen is way more of a PG than Phillips is.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 14861
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 6:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
I agree with Phillips on the wire this changes everything you pick her up...her and boyd similar so one can learn off the other while adding a true presence at the 1...I'd pull the trigger if shes truly available (not gone back to aussie rules or something)


Shocked In what way are they similar? Phillips can shoot. Boyd can't. That seems like a huge difference to me. The only thing Boyd has going for her is that she is younger.


Phillips's is more at the defensive end and Boyd's is more at the offensive end, but they both have that tendency to rush in headlong and not shy away from contact.



_________________
"Silence must be heard, noise should be observed
The time has come to learn, that silence...
SILENCE MUST BE HEARD..."
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4298
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:


From my end, I never saw her in college. If I had seen her on TV, it's possible I would also not have been wowed because Allen is the definition of unspectacular.


You never saw her but call her unspectacular?
She started at ND every single game since she set foot in campus. Four years of starting every game for a perrenial top five team.
She shattered the ACC all time career assist record, blowing by players like Skylar Diggins, Dawn Staley and Kristi Toliver.
She has terrific vision, puts passes where they need to be, at the time they need to be there, and makes everyone around her better.
Maybe "unflashy" might be apt, but perhaps that's a good thing.
Really, there aren't many true point guards around in women's basketball. When you find one, keep her. They're valuable.

BTW, she played 35 mpg for 37 games at the point yet had only 79 turnovers for the season vs 282 assists (3.57 ato ratio).


I saw her in the preseason game. Let me rephrase. Unspectacular is the wrong word. I meant she's not overly flashy. I LIKE her. I thought her vision and ability to get the team into its offense quickly were both valuable. My point was that once Toad sees her in person, perhaps he will see more of the parts of her game that are valuable, since she's not a scorer nor has dynamic speed. The positives of her game may stand out more live than they did on TV.


Allen would have arguably been very good back in the late 90s to early 2000s like Ticha Penicheiro. Unfortunately, in this era there is really no place for true point guards who can pass and aren't really a threat to do anything else consistently.

EDIT: I don't think Allen is bad at all, please do not attack. Laughing



_________________
Quote:
EDD will not come in and dominate like some of you are thinking.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 19742



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thing that makes Allen different from the early PGs is that she actually can score. Her % are pretty good when she is forced to take the shot so I think it's primarily a mindset. Which means that I think she has a really nice upside and it depends on if the LFO and company are willing to wait and feel they can change the mindset. They already have a project in Boyd at PG and have invested a lot of time in her, so maybe they can't afford another project. In the long run I think Allen will be a better PG than Boyd. Boyd has simply never shown an ability to shoot and hasn't shown improvement in that regard. She is simply fast. Fast can get you some places...obviously a place on the Lib team for a few years anyway. Wink

mavcarter wrote:



Allen would have arguably been very good back in the late 90s to early 2000s like Ticha Penicheiro. Unfortunately, in this era there is really no place for true point guards who can pass and aren't really a threat to do anything else consistently.


IMO this also describes Boyd.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 10879



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:


From my end, I never saw her in college. If I had seen her on TV, it's possible I would also not have been wowed because Allen is the definition of unspectacular.


You never saw her but call her unspectacular?
She started at ND every single game since she set foot in campus. Four years of starting every game for a perrenial top five team.
She shattered the ACC all time career assist record, blowing by players like Skylar Diggins, Dawn Staley and Kristi Toliver.
She has terrific vision, puts passes where they need to be, at the time they need to be there, and makes everyone around her better.
Maybe "unflashy" might be apt, but perhaps that's a good thing.
Really, there aren't many true point guards around in women's basketball. When you find one, keep her. They're valuable.

BTW, she played 35 mpg for 37 games at the point yet had only 79 turnovers for the season vs 282 assists (3.57 ato ratio).


I saw her in the preseason game. Let me rephrase. Unspectacular is the wrong word. I meant she's not overly flashy. I LIKE her. I thought her vision and ability to get the team into its offense quickly were both valuable. My point was that once Toad sees her in person, perhaps he will see more of the parts of her game that are valuable, since she's not a scorer nor has dynamic speed. The positives of her game may stand out more live than they did on TV.


Allen would have arguably been very good back in the late 90s to early 2000s like Ticha Penicheiro. Unfortunately, in this era there is really no place for true point guards who can pass and aren't really a threat to do anything else consistently.

EDIT: I don't think Allen is bad at all, please do not attack. Laughing


I wouldn't attack even if I disagreed with you but I think you're largely correct. Allen might have some upside to eventually do some scoring but that's a long way off. Her shooting release is terrible for starters. It's mechanical and it's very long. I'm sure it can be fixed but that isn't going to be an overnight process. As of now she's a facilitator and that's it. And I agree. The current WNBA is so talented you can't get away with non-scorers on the court much anymore.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 10901



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:


From my end, I never saw her in college. If I had seen her on TV, it's possible I would also not have been wowed because Allen is the definition of unspectacular.


You never saw her but call her unspectacular?
She started at ND every single game since she set foot in campus. Four years of starting every game for a perrenial top five team.
She shattered the ACC all time career assist record, blowing by players like Skylar Diggins, Dawn Staley and Kristi Toliver.
She has terrific vision, puts passes where they need to be, at the time they need to be there, and makes everyone around her better.
Maybe "unflashy" might be apt, but perhaps that's a good thing.
Really, there aren't many true point guards around in women's basketball. When you find one, keep her. They're valuable.

BTW, she played 35 mpg for 37 games at the point yet had only 79 turnovers for the season vs 282 assists (3.57 ato ratio).


I saw her in the preseason game. Let me rephrase. Unspectacular is the wrong word. I meant she's not overly flashy. I LIKE her. I thought her vision and ability to get the team into its offense quickly were both valuable. My point was that once Toad sees her in person, perhaps he will see more of the parts of her game that are valuable, since she's not a scorer nor has dynamic speed. The positives of her game may stand out more live than they did on TV.


Allen would have arguably been very good back in the late 90s to early 2000s like Ticha Penicheiro. Unfortunately, in this era there is really no place for true point guards who can pass and aren't really a threat to do anything else consistently.

EDIT: I don't think Allen is bad at all, please do not attack. Laughing


I wouldn't attack even if I disagreed with you but I think you're largely correct. Allen might have some upside to eventually do some scoring but that's a long way off. Her shooting release is terrible for starters. It's mechanical and it's very long. I'm sure it can be fixed but that isn't going to be an overnight process. As of now she's a facilitator and that's it. And I agree. The current WNBA is so talented you can't get away with non-scorers on the court much anymore.


That's not where she's likely to score. She is really quite skilled at slashing to the basket, and getting off (and making) layups despite being defended, and at running the break. She is exceptionally fast in running with the ball. BTW, I'm not a fan of her perimeter shooting mechanics either. To start with her shot has a ridiculous amount of arc to it, something that I don't believe is repeatable consistently at a high enough rate.

I also disagree with the premise that "Unfortunately, in this era there is really no place for true point guards". Unfortunately in this era there are very few true point guards, so the impression is left that point guards are supposed to be scoring guards who happen to get stuck with the task of bringing the ball up the court, simply because that's what most people see. But most of those players don't see the floor, don't see their teammates, don't understand the defense, and can't get a pass not just to the right player, but to the correct player in the correct position for the receiving player to be able to quickly score before the defense can respond. Most teams out there would be significantly better off offensively if they actually had a true point guard who could do all of that, even if that point guard never scored a point herself. And most fans don't understand or appreciate that when it happens. They'd rather see the girl with the ball throwing up threes. And it's not like there are a ton of really talented true point guards coming out of college and not making it either. So I don't think there is any data sample from which to conclude there is "no place for a true point guard." The AAU system encourages and rewards girls who score. There is basically hardly anyone out there developing or encouraging more Lindsay Allens. But I think Laimbeer knew just what he was getting and wanted exactly that.

BTW, it's not like she never scored. She scored in the 20s on a number of occasions, multiple of those in NCAA tournament play. I think 28 against Stanford a couple years ago was her career high.


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 10879



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:


From my end, I never saw her in college. If I had seen her on TV, it's possible I would also not have been wowed because Allen is the definition of unspectacular.


You never saw her but call her unspectacular?
She started at ND every single game since she set foot in campus. Four years of starting every game for a perrenial top five team.
She shattered the ACC all time career assist record, blowing by players like Skylar Diggins, Dawn Staley and Kristi Toliver.
She has terrific vision, puts passes where they need to be, at the time they need to be there, and makes everyone around her better.
Maybe "unflashy" might be apt, but perhaps that's a good thing.
Really, there aren't many true point guards around in women's basketball. When you find one, keep her. They're valuable.

BTW, she played 35 mpg for 37 games at the point yet had only 79 turnovers for the season vs 282 assists (3.57 ato ratio).


I saw her in the preseason game. Let me rephrase. Unspectacular is the wrong word. I meant she's not overly flashy. I LIKE her. I thought her vision and ability to get the team into its offense quickly were both valuable. My point was that once Toad sees her in person, perhaps he will see more of the parts of her game that are valuable, since she's not a scorer nor has dynamic speed. The positives of her game may stand out more live than they did on TV.


Allen would have arguably been very good back in the late 90s to early 2000s like Ticha Penicheiro. Unfortunately, in this era there is really no place for true point guards who can pass and aren't really a threat to do anything else consistently.

EDIT: I don't think Allen is bad at all, please do not attack. Laughing


I wouldn't attack even if I disagreed with you but I think you're largely correct. Allen might have some upside to eventually do some scoring but that's a long way off. Her shooting release is terrible for starters. It's mechanical and it's very long. I'm sure it can be fixed but that isn't going to be an overnight process. As of now she's a facilitator and that's it. And I agree. The current WNBA is so talented you can't get away with non-scorers on the court much anymore.


That's not where she's likely to score. She is really quite skilled at slashing to the basket, and getting off (and making) layups despite being defended, and at running the break. She is exceptionally fast in running with the ball. BTW, I'm not a fan of her perimeter shooting mechanics either. To start with her shot has a ridiculous amount of arc to it, something that I don't believe is repeatable consistently at a high enough rate.

I also disagree with the premise that "Unfortunately, in this era there is really no place for true point guards". Unfortunately in this era there are very few true point guards, so the impression is left that point guards are supposed to be scoring guards who happen to get stuck with the task of bringing the ball up the court, simply because that's what most people see. But most of those players don't see the floor, don't see their teammates, don't understand the defense, and can't get a pass not just to the right player, but to the correct player in the correct position for the receiving player to be able to quickly score before the defense can respond. Most teams out there would be significantly better off offensively if they actually had a true point guard who could do all of that, even if that point guard never scored a point herself. And most fans don't understand or appreciate that when it happens. They'd rather see the girl with the ball throwing up threes. And it's not like there are a ton of really talented true point guards coming out of college and not making it either. So I don't think there is any data sample from which to conclude there is "no place for a true point guard." The AAU system encourages and rewards girls who score. There is basically hardly anyone out there developing or encouraging more Lindsay Allens. But I think Laimbeer knew just what he was getting and wanted exactly that.

BTW, it's not like she never scored. She scored in the 20s on a number of occasions, multiple of those in NCAA tournament play. I think 28 against Stanford a couple years ago was her career high.


Don't get me wrong. I like her. But at the pro level she has roughly average speed (maybe slightly above), a high gait and dribble, and her shooting release needs work. She's a long way from being ready to be a consistent penetrator. Pass-first point guards can play. "Non-score" point guards cannot. And without a jumper or great speed, finding openings to slash and score isn't going to happen at the start on a consistent basis. Can it develop? Sure. But she's going to need to develop a lot of aspects of her game to be able to score in the WNBA and it's going to be a process. I'm not even sure why we are having this discussion. We both like the player. Are you saying she's a candidate to drop 20 points and 10 dimes in any game in the next two months? If not I don't get why you're continuing the debate when we fundamentally agree.

For me, my concern is May 13th. And 2017 in general and winning a title. Allen is not a candidate to be an immediate factor and that's the context I'm viewing it through.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5075
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:


From my end, I never saw her in college. If I had seen her on TV, it's possible I would also not have been wowed because Allen is the definition of unspectacular.


You never saw her but call her unspectacular?
She started at ND every single game since she set foot in campus. Four years of starting every game for a perrenial top five team.
She shattered the ACC all time career assist record, blowing by players like Skylar Diggins, Dawn Staley and Kristi Toliver.
She has terrific vision, puts passes where they need to be, at the time they need to be there, and makes everyone around her better.
Maybe "unflashy" might be apt, but perhaps that's a good thing.
Really, there aren't many true point guards around in women's basketball. When you find one, keep her. They're valuable.

BTW, she played 35 mpg for 37 games at the point yet had only 79 turnovers for the season vs 282 assists (3.57 ato ratio).


I saw her in the preseason game. Let me rephrase. Unspectacular is the wrong word. I meant she's not overly flashy. I LIKE her. I thought her vision and ability to get the team into its offense quickly were both valuable. My point was that once Toad sees her in person, perhaps he will see more of the parts of her game that are valuable, since she's not a scorer nor has dynamic speed. The positives of her game may stand out more live than they did on TV.


Allen would have arguably been very good back in the late 90s to early 2000s like Ticha Penicheiro. Unfortunately, in this era there is really no place for true point guards who can pass and aren't really a threat to do anything else consistently.

EDIT: I don't think Allen is bad at all, please do not attack. Laughing


I wouldn't attack even if I disagreed with you but I think you're largely correct. Allen might have some upside to eventually do some scoring but that's a long way off. Her shooting release is terrible for starters. It's mechanical and it's very long. I'm sure it can be fixed but that isn't going to be an overnight process. As of now she's a facilitator and that's it. And I agree. The current WNBA is so talented you can't get away with non-scorers on the court much anymore.


That's not where she's likely to score. She is really quite skilled at slashing to the basket, and getting off (and making) layups despite being defended, and at running the break. She is exceptionally fast in running with the ball. BTW, I'm not a fan of her perimeter shooting mechanics either. To start with her shot has a ridiculous amount of arc to it, something that I don't believe is repeatable consistently at a high enough rate.

I also disagree with the premise that "Unfortunately, in this era there is really no place for true point guards". Unfortunately in this era there are very few true point guards, so the impression is left that point guards are supposed to be scoring guards who happen to get stuck with the task of bringing the ball up the court, simply because that's what most people see. But most of those players don't see the floor, don't see their teammates, don't understand the defense, and can't get a pass not just to the right player, but to the correct player in the correct position for the receiving player to be able to quickly score before the defense can respond. Most teams out there would be significantly better off offensively if they actually had a true point guard who could do all of that, even if that point guard never scored a point herself. And most fans don't understand or appreciate that when it happens. They'd rather see the girl with the ball throwing up threes. And it's not like there are a ton of really talented true point guards coming out of college and not making it either. So I don't think there is any data sample from which to conclude there is "no place for a true point guard." The AAU system encourages and rewards girls who score. There is basically hardly anyone out there developing or encouraging more Lindsay Allens. But I think Laimbeer knew just what he was getting and wanted exactly that.

BTW, it's not like she never scored. She scored in the 20s on a number of occasions, multiple of those in NCAA tournament play. I think 28 against Stanford a couple years ago was her career high.


Exhibit A: Sue Bird

Sue is an excellent passer and also a good shooter. But what she does best is decide when to take her shot. If she's not seeing good passing angles, she shoots it. When she hits, she gets better passing angles next time down the court. She's not fast and not a slasher, but this one thing she does well makes her one of the best PG's ever.

Exhibit B: Ticha Penicheiro

Ticha was probably the most exciting PG we've seen since her passing was off the charts. Her shooting sucked, which did limit her effectiveness. On the plus side, her defense was way above average for a PG. And she was fairly tall.

Basically, a PG who doesn't shoot well and/or doesn't shoot often has to be REALLY good in other aspects in order to be effective. The jury is still out on Lindsey Allen. Is she a Sharnee Zoll? I loved to watch her and she did break Dawn Staley's UVA assist record but could not break into the WNBA. Count me as one who thought L.Allen would get drafted higher based on her college play. I still expect her to be a decent PG but I understand those who expect less.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
Lib Fan



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 4093
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if she is available when the wavers get to us :
Sign Phillips ....trade Boyd



_________________
Go Liberty 2011
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 42702



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Comparing valuable true point guards with comparable elite college teams during senior years
Code:
## Player              GP-GS  Min--Avg  FG-FGA   Pct 3FG-FGA   Pct  FT-FTA   Pct  Off Def  Tot  Avg  PF FO   A  TO Blk Stl  Pts  Avg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 Lindsay Allen       37-37 1279 34.6 139-281  .495   8-21   .381  69-93   .742   27 170  197  5.3  75  0 282  79   4  83  355  9.6
02 Johnson, Niya       37-37 1246 33.7  94-197  .477   2-10   .200  65-89   .730   46 147  193  5.2  62  0 321  94  11  61  255  6.9



How far did Niya Johnson go in the WNBA? Exactly



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Lib Fan



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 4093
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Comparing valuable true point guards with comparable elite college teams during senior years
Code:
## Player              GP-GS  Min--Avg  FG-FGA   Pct 3FG-FGA   Pct  FT-FTA   Pct  Off Def  Tot  Avg  PF FO   A  TO Blk Stl  Pts  Avg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 Lindsay Allen       37-37 1279 34.6 139-281  .495   8-21   .381  69-93   .742   27 170  197  5.3  75  0 282  79   4  83  355  9.6
02 Johnson, Niya       37-37 1246 33.7  94-197  .477   2-10   .200  65-89   .730   46 147  193  5.2  62  0 321  94  11  61  255  6.9



How far did Niya Johnson go in the WNBA? Exactly


So your point is ..........



_________________
Go Liberty 2011
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 10879



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Probably that being a single-digit scorer at PG isn't good enough even if the player is an elite distributor. I agree, but I'm perfectly open to Allen's development. I just think if she becomes a player, it's going to take time.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4298
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I also disagree with the premise that "Unfortunately, in this era there is really no place for true point guards".


Understandable, but the numbers do not support true point guards making rosters in this league since almost 2010, let alone making an impact. It's really not even my opinion at this point more so than facts..



_________________
Quote:
EDD will not come in and dominate like some of you are thinking.
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17037



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
I also disagree with the premise that "Unfortunately, in this era there is really no place for true point guards".


Understandable, but the numbers do not support true point guards making rosters in this league since almost 2010, let alone making an impact. It's really not even my opinion at this point more so than facts..

I think that in today's game, a PG who isn't a threat to score is a serious handicap. I consider Bird a pure PG - her focus is on reading the defence, organising the team, calling plays, and mostly calling other players' numbers before her own - but she has scoring ability too and is willing to use it. Take that scoring ability away and things immediately get easier for your opponent.
(The same is true at any position, but especially so for the player with the ball in her hands the most often)



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee


Last edited by Luuuc on 05/11/17 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lib Fan



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 4093
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I just think if she becomes a player, it's going to take time.


How many players can you have on a roster that "its going to take time?"
Just saying



_________________
Go Liberty 2011
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 42702



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I just think if she becomes a player, it's going to take time.


How many players can you have on a roster that "its going to take time?"
Just saying


Especially if you're in win-now mode, Maybe Laimbeer figures Allen can push Boyd to do better, I dunno. Seems like Laimbeer sees PG as the position of weakness and he is trying to find magic in a bottle with the Hartley acquisition and drafting Allen... not sure magic has happened in the few weeks anyway.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 10879



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't get what you mean (addressing Lib Fan not Shades). Are you saying that she shouldn't be on the roster because there will be a learning curve? She's a #14 pick in a draft considered poor. I wouldn't expect her to step in and be an immediate impact player. Based on what I saw in the pre-season game, I just don't think the attributes are there for that sort of thing. I think she can run an offense, and she might help stabilize the team for a few minutes if they're uneven. But that's about it, for the moment.

Now if you're saying you can do better on the waiver wire with a veteran who can provide more immediate help, that's arguably true. I figure Nayo is a rookie who will probably help a little bit immediately. Allen might make some moderate contributions here and there but I think you're drafting her thinking you might have yourself a player if she can learn how to score. So, if we go 10-deep in terms of players who ARE a threat to score and contribute, honestly I think that's pretty damn good. How many teams can say that? In NY's case it's the truth. Besides Nayo and L. Allen, I'd say we will see 10 other Lib players in double digit points at least once this year. We have a strong and versatile bench.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.


Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 05/11/17 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 10879



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Shades has a point. Allen can be if nothing else a stabilizing player on a team that has lost a few of those. Also to be factored in: Piph will miss some time. Digest this: that leaves you with Boyd and Hartley and possibly Allen. If it were just Boyd and Hartley, that leaves you an injury away from Zellous being your backup PG, which nobody wants. We saw last year just how awful a scenario that could be when T was injured. If Boyd were to miss time, that would essentially leave you without a PG.

Even if it's Boyd, Hartley and Phillips, I'm not sold on that either. Consider, Erica Wheeler was picked up by NY in late 2015 when Boyd got hurt. She was beyond atrocious. Last year with perimeter-oriented Indiana, she was functional at times...even right after she was acquired. I don't see Phillips coming here, adjusting to this system when she's a free-flowing player who likes to shoot, and being able to play the role of a player who facilitates for Tina, Sugar, Bec and Z. In fact, I think there's no chance whatsoever.

Looking at it that way, Allen gives you insurance that you'll have a player who can run your offense smartly and efficiently if such a situation presents itself.

Not to mention, Hartley couldn't even get the team into an offensive set on Sunday. It was only pre-season and you had players missing, but this is a different team from a team like the one Bria played on before. Who's to say Hartley will be a functional PG when Piph is out? Maybe stamina is a factor with Bria but either way she is more combo guard than PG. We know at least Allen can handle the responsibility of initiating an offense.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 3520
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In Muffet's offense Allen was a very effective -- and sometimes WOW -- penetrator an disher. She also scored well, as needed, with pull-up and other mid-range jumpers along with opportunistic drives. She controlled the ball excellently, rarely turning it over.

A point guard really can't initiate or control a half court offense if the other players don't know the plays or, with more sophistication, how to read and react to the defense with appropriate two- and three-man games. Everyone on the floor has to function in practiced and predictable ways. A pass-first point guard will be best for such a sophisticated offense.

Otherwise, regardless of the point guard, the offense will just degenerate into self-creationist street ball. That chaos will enable the scoring point guard to stand out.

What I'm getting at is, if the Lib offense has high IQ players at all positions who know how to read and react with teamwork sophistication, Allen should be able to be an effective contributor at the point.
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1113



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good points, the question as you say, do the Libs have those type of players Cool


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3739



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If she isn't injured I would pick up O'hea if she lasts to NY on the waiver wire and the winner of the Burdick vs Nayo battle, and done

Prince/Boyd/Hartley
Rodgers/Zellous
R. Allen/O'Hea
Charels/Zahui B/Raincock-Ekunwe or Burdick
Stokes/Vaughn


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 4665



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XcE7LoKijr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 3698
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/12/17 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Forget about the type of players, I'd be more worried about the Liberty offensive system. The goal is to run when they can, but otherwise they'll operate out of a triangle offense. Sounds a lot like the Hornacek Knicks. This being Madison Triangle Garden, you have to get with the program even if you're not part of the program. I'm hoping for the best, but also prepared to cover my eyes a lot on Saturday.



_________________
Under-loved, over-fed
My man's gone, so instead
I got rocks in my bed
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 10879



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/12/17 4:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm almost positive Laimbeer ran at least some triangle offense in Detroit. The Libs tried it in 2014 and have run at least stuff resembling it for years. And there's no Melo on the Liberty to destroy the offensive flow. Saturday might be a little ugly but offensively the Libs will be fine once they're together as a unit for a little while.

Luckily I believe McBride and Jefferson just got back and I don't think Plum is expected to play. And SAS has a new coach. We are fortunate to be up against a not-good team who is going to have a similar adjustment period to NY.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Happycappie25



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 3783
Location: QUEENS!!!!


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/12/17 6:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I'm almost positive Laimbeer ran at least some triangle offense in Detroit. The Libs tried it in 2014 and have run at least stuff resembling it for years. And there's no Melo on the Liberty to destroy the offensive flow. Saturday might be a little ugly but offensively the Libs will be fine once they're together as a unit for a little while.

Luckily I believe McBride and Jefferson just got back and I don't think Plum is expected to play. And SAS has a new coach. We are fortunate to be up against a not-good team who is going to have a similar adjustment period to NY.


Tho Coffey has apparently been a revalation which in a weird way actually is an issue for the Stars (Tho a good one to have) given the already drama over Plum Jefferson and McBride (Thanks Lindsey)

I think the Libs will be more together than you think...I do agree getting SA out the gate is helpful...while getting Minnesota followed by AT PHX and SEA then LA next is well...not.

Tho short term this likely adds up to a 3rd straight slow start (Albeit not all coming at home which was the beef last year) Having most games on Friday and Sunday AND ZERO back to backs (Still Shocked at this happening) will benefit the libs in the long run and is a Key to why I originally had them above LA on tie breakers...Changed it only because of the early LA game.

That said Brutal start not withstanding things WILL come together...Will be looking very close at R. Allen and at final cuts.

Goal tho will be knocked away a BIT by EuroBasket taking away prince and Vaughn is to be hitting stride for a 5 game homestand starting May 30...That should be a good adjustment period PLUS less good teams to get set up with as well (LA (Toughest of lot), DAL, PHX, ATL, SEA) that should be 3 and 2 MINIMUM and maybe a steal vs SEA or LA to go 4-1. That will be the pivot...try to survive the 3 before that 1-2 and make sure you do your biz against SA as there is no safety net and you could be staring 1-5 early if not careful.

Will be interesting tomorrow...will have ear to ground for final cuts (or if any pickups are made)



_________________
"Leave it to the NCAA women's basketball committee to turn a glass slipper into glass ceiling" Graham Hays
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin