RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/26/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rofl. thank you all, I needed a good laugh.

- Amanda Gorman
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/26/17 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

or just have the game & concert at the same time. Guaranteed way to sellout the game. Have Paul set up behind one of the baskets. Now does the game get played at 3pm for TV purposes or 8pm so ticket holders don't have to change anything?

I think this is the best idea of all. Paul can surely adjust his set list on the fly, depending on how the game is going. If the Liberty fall behind early, he can sing sad songs. Maybe "Eleanor Rigby." Then, when New York's inevitable great run gets going, he can turn to "Here Comes the Sun."

PostPosted: 08/26/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Isabelle Harrison said her dream place to live is New York City.... just saying.

i love her game, when did she say this?

Halftime of the Lynx game tonight

Vaughn for Harrison?

Laughing

Zahui B, Schimmel, + second round pick for Harrison

I believe that would get SAN up to 5 draft picks for 2018. It would be a very competitive training camp.

Based on this season, it would seem like a bad deal for SAN. But Zahui seems to have some kind of nagging issue, and we've all seen Schimmel's potential and she might prefer a more western team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 08/26/17 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
he can turn to "Here Comes the Sun."

I know it ruins the joke, but I'm pretty sure that's a George Harrison song.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/26/17 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

So Paul can't sing "Here Comes the Sun"? Do people walk out if he does?

PostPosted: 08/26/17 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As much as I like Harrison, I think a trade for her would bring some issues. Physically, she can be pushed around. I don't see her as being an anchor who can physically command a presence. In the win streak Kia has been pretty solid. Boxing out, leaning on people, anchoring physically. The way the Libs play, they don't double post players that often. With Harrison, that would change and have a somewhat negative impact on the Libs defensively.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Shades wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Band On The Run during fastbreaks. Wink

PostPosted: 08/26/17 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Shades wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Band On The Run during fastbreaks. Wink

Yes!

PostPosted: 08/26/17 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Shades wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Maybe. Especially if it's Connecticut who the Liberty are playing that day!

- Amanda Gorman
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/26/17 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Shades wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Maybe. Especially if it's Connecticut who the Liberty are playing that day!

I really should have thought about this. Smile

PostPosted: 08/26/17 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Wait, so Harrison was or was not acquired in the hypothetical trade?

What if we package McCartney into the deal. Scheduling issue solved, and the long-suffering fans of San Antonio can actually land a real star for a change.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Shades wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Wait, so Harrison was or was not acquired in the hypothetical trade?

What if we package McCartney into the deal. Scheduling issue solved, and the long-suffering fans of San Antonio can actually land a real star for a change.

Don't be silly. McCartney has to go to Dallas so he can have Wings backing him up.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics lose tonight now gives the Liberty a 2 game lead over Washington for that #4 seed.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/26/17 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New York now has a magic number of one to finish ahead of Washington for fourth place (or higher). Since the Liberty owns the tiebreaker over the Mystics, just one Liberty win in the next three games or one Mystics loss and New York gets the higher seed.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Incredibly our magic number to clinch the 4 seed is 1 with the D.C. loss tonight. Further, should we catch Conn we will have the tiebreaker there due to a better record against.500 teams. It's all a little surreal right now.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tomorrow's game vs. Chicago is big. We win this one and I think the other two should be easy wins & hopefully slip into that #3 seed.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been thinking and I'm torn. I def want them to lighten Tina's minutes, possibly including not traveling to Dallas next week if they've clinched the 4 seed. At the same time, I do still want them competing until the very end of the season. I don't want to lose that physical edge that we've built of late. 3 seed would be nice in case CT makes it out of the semis, but it's not that significant if we have the 4 seed.

And does anybody agree that it sort of feels surreal?

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they get locked into the #4 seed after Friday night, I wouldn't make Tina travel to Dallas. However if getting that #3 seed is still in play for Sunday's game at Dallas, then Tina needs to play. They'll get 6 days off before playing on Sept. 10.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/26/17 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Yeah, I've been thinking and I'm torn. I def want them to lighten Tina's minutes, possibly including not traveling to Dallas next week if they've clinched the 4 seed. At the same time, I do still want them competing until the very end of the season. I don't want to lose that physical edge that we've built of late. 3 seed would be nice in case CT makes it out of the semis, but it's not that significant if we have the 4 seed.

And does anybody agree that it sort of feels surreal?

A 12-12 team that had been up and down all season suddenly wins seven straight, including wins over Minnesota, L.A., Connecticut, and Washington. Yeh, I'd say that qualifies as surreal.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm a big proponent of resting Charles. Letting her take the Dallas trip off or resting her against SA would be a great move IMO. I also think we need to get Raincock-Ekunwe or Zahui B some serious minutes because ATM it doesn't look like BL trusts either one to play in the playoffs, and I'm not sure if we make it to a best of 5 series if that will work, so lets see if either one is going to step up if given decent minutes.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/26/17 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I'm a big proponent of resting Charles. Letting her take the Dallas trip off or resting her against SA would be a great move IMO. I also think we need to get Raincock-Ekunwe or Zahui B some serious minutes because ATM it doesn't look like BL trusts either one to play in the playoffs, and I'm not sure if we make it to a best of 5 series if that will work, so lets see if either one is going to step up if given decent minutes.

The point about LFO's trust of the young players is really a point well taken. And I think it goes beyond the two players you mentioned, though they're definitely included. Last night Stokes made a careless and somewhat lazy pass that led to a turnover. This was after a defensive breakdown that may or may not have been her fault. She got yanked immediately. Bill has also been using combos of Piph and Sugar for smaller clusters of minutes. We're seeing Nayo, Zahui and Bec similarly yanked in these situations. I don't have a problem with it and I get even in a one and done the vets are gonna play. But if we play a best of 5 against the very physical Lynx, 8 deep is not going to cut it. These players need a chance to play some where they know they will play through their mistakes. That's the best way to know what you've got. I think I'd concede the 3 seed if we've clinched the 4 and get these players some solid minutes for a couple of games.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In his post-game interview, Laimbeer mentioned going for the #3 seed. I don't see him letting up. It's the conventional thing to do, so we can't really complain. My preference is to see Tina get some rest. Also, it would be nice to give the bench players some PT with the hope that someone emerges as possibly being useful in the playoffs. I think it's dangerous to be so dependent on only 7 players.

I still believe that we're hurting ourselves in the draft unless some players declare early. We've now gone from #7 to possibly #10. While I agree that this is a good draft, I think people are way overrating what these players can do in their first year. I've also seen too many instances where NY teams just missed out on the player they wanted. Like the Jets wanting Brett Favre, but having to settle for Browning Nagle with the next pick. Or the Knicks wanting Stephen Curry, but settling for Jordan Hill with the next pick. Or the ABA Dispersal Draft, where the Knicks wanted Moses Malone but settled for Randy Denton with the next pick. Do you see where I'm coming from? Confused

PostPosted: 08/27/17 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:

or just have the game & concert at the same time. Guaranteed way to sellout the game. Have Paul set up behind one of the baskets. Now does the game get played at 3pm for TV purposes or 8pm so ticket holders don't have to change anything?

I think this is the best idea of all. Paul can surely adjust his set list on the fly, depending on how the game is going. If the Liberty fall behind early, he can sing sad songs. Maybe "Eleanor Rigby." Then, when New York's inevitable great run gets going, he can turn to "Here Comes the Sun."

If they end up playing the Mystics and Elena gets angry about a call then he could switch to a Tanya Tucker song. improvising -Della Donne whats that scowl that you have on.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
In his post-game interview, Laimbeer mentioned going for the #3 seed. I don't see him letting up. It's the conventional thing to do, so we can't really complain. My preference is to see Tina get some rest. Also, it would be nice to give the bench players some PT with the hope that someone emerges as possibly being useful in the playoffs. I think it's dangerous to be so dependent on only 7 players.

I still believe that we're hurting ourselves in the draft unless some players declare early. We've now gone from #7 to possibly #10. While I agree that this is a good draft, I think people are way overrating what these players can do in their first year. I've also seen too many instances where NY teams just missed out on the player they wanted. Like the Jets wanting Brett Favre, but having to settle for Browning Nagle with the next pick. Or the Knicks wanting Stephen Curry, but settling for Jordan Hill with the next pick. Or the ABA Dispersal Draft, where the Knicks wanted Moses Malone but settled for Randy Denton with the next pick. Do you see where I'm coming from? Confused

With the DC loss I think it's important to go hard today to clinch the Bye. Not even a question to me you finish the job...you make a run like this and have a chance at the bye, you get the bye

Also that would give us 20 wins for the third year in a row I think that is a nice milestone.

SA now with Jefferson gone I think you can treat the same way as you did Indy...open up a lead and back off even when Charles was on the court they were playing slow and conservative and looked like a preseason game...I think you can do that and still win with ease.

Dallas if we're locked in I agree Charles stays home and she may not be alone. Running the table Is nothing but vanity if we're locked into 4th

Don't underestimate the vanity of finishing over CT and having best record in the East for the 3rd year in a row as well so gunning for third makes sense (Especially since the final game for CT is at the Staples Center!)

As for the draft...I agree...we are sacrificing a lot to make this run...but I think the more I see of both Prince and Rodgers...and knowing that the experiment of them starting together was a failure...Perhaps packing up one of them with our first rounder to move up could be a good move...but that's a discussion for the 2018 thread...I wouldn't worry about that...you aim for the title unless your out of the playoffs once Charles said "No, I'm Playing" in the CT game...the edict was made, we're going for it. What happens happens after that since we do HAVE a first round pick this year...we need to make moves to improve in the off season but they've proven they can contend now...so we will see...and it has been damn fun and yes surreal.

PostPosted: 08/27/17 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Or the Knicks wanting Stephen Curry, but settling for Jordan Hill with the next pick. Or the ABA Dispersal Draft, where the Knicks wanted Moses Malone but settled for Randy Denton with the next pick. Do you see where I'm coming from? Confused

I feel your pain. Like the Pacers getting Steve Stiponvich instead of Ralph Sampson....

But consider this - like the Liberty getting Brittany Boyd and Kia Stokes, instead of Zahui B, Hamby, Parker, Malott, or Logic or the Dream getting Sykes instead Ahkator or SWK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 76 of 80

Jump to: