Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 08/20/17 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So I've had this happen in the past with the MSG box office and I don't understand why they do this. But I always buy my ticket(s) in person instead of through Ticketmaster to avoid the fees. I always check online what's available so I know what to ask for when I approach the box office. There were several $48 seats in section 107 available, but when I asked at the box office he said those we're all sold out. I told him I just checked 20 minutes ago online and there were plenty available. He said only thing available in that section were $78 and up. I'm put into section 119 instead as I usually only spend under $50/ticket. As soon as I enter MSG, I check Ticketmaster again and those same $48 seats are still available. WTF?? How do I avoid this in the future? Do I just suck it up and pay the fees online?

It's disheartening to read this, but sadly it's not surprising. It's common practice in many organizations, so of course it's impossible to expect better in Dolanworld. Perhaps others will have good suggestions for you. I hope so. I fear you may have to accept paying the fees online.

I did notice throughout the entire game that those same seats in section 107 we're empty. The section I was in weren't exactly excited about the game.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/20/17 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, I never thought that the 12-12 Liberty would win five straight to move to 17-12. Other Liberty fans had a more positive view of the team and they were right. Here's my only defense: no Liberty fan here told me--and LFO didn't tell me--that having consecutive games with L.A., Connecticut, and Minnesota was the easy part of the schedule. Smile

PostPosted: 08/20/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Honestly was hoping we'd go 1-2 facing the top three teams. We got an advantage facing LA without Carson & Williams, got J. Jones into foul trouble vs. Connecticut & faced a tired Lynx team without Whalen & Brunson. Hopefully Indiana's an easy win on Wednesday, then our big game against Washington comes on Friday where they might have Delle Donne. I'm thinking Friday's game might determine the #4 seed. Should be an exciting finish!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/20/17 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TBH while I though the 4 seed was possible so why not go for it. My end of season prediction a couple of weeks ago was 18-16 6 seed in the playoffs behind Minn, LA, Conn, Was and PX. It could still happen, but I think the 4 seed is now ours for the taking. (With are one and don game being at MSG against the #5 Mystics.)

toad455

PostPosted: 08/21/17 5:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Our toughest remaining game is Friday vs. Washington. We're at Indiana on Wednesday, plus home against Chicago on Sunday & San Antonio on Sept. 1. Then we finish at Dallas on Sept. 3. There's a chance we finish 22-12 and end the season on a 10 game win streak.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/22/17 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
After that season [2015], Montgomery turned down a free-agent deal and a starting gig with the New York Liberty to remain as Whalen’s backup. The bubbly Montgomery proved terrific as a gnat-like defender and three-point threat off the bench, allowing Reeve to cut back Whalen’s minutes.

Fellow Libs fans, what do you think about this? im split on this, I'm kinda happy it didn't happen but you never know how she would of fit on the team

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/22/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Quote:
After that season [2015], Montgomery turned down a free-agent deal and a starting gig with the New York Liberty to remain as Whalen’s backup. The bubbly Montgomery proved terrific as a gnat-like defender and three-point threat off the bench, allowing Reeve to cut back Whalen’s minutes.

Fellow Libs fans, what do you think about this? im split on this, I'm kinda happy it didn't happen but you never know how she would of fit on the team

I was thinking about this the other day. One thing to keep in mind is that Renee played with Tina for years which means that it was probably similar to getting Piph (supported by and suggested by Tina).

I think there would have been positives and negatives to it. The way Hartley gets wide open looks when the Libs go inside out? That would've been Renee's opportunity, which probably would have worked well in spurts. OTOH, if Renee has to be primarily a facilitator in an offense with a group of better offensive weapons than herself, she's not too good at creating offense for others. Couple that with her shot selection and I'd bet that we would have seen Wright wind up as the starting PG last year anyway.

PostPosted: 08/22/17 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FYI, with the play-off schedule just released, there's a few dates where MSG isn't available. I think we grab the #4 seed, so Sept. 7 isn't a problem. Sept. 17 is a Sunday & Sept. 16 isn't available either(The Scorpions), so if the Liberty advance to the semis, Game 3 will be played elsewhere(Prudential Center? Barclays?).

First round(if seeded #5/#6)
Sept. 7 - N/A(Eric Clapton)

Second Round(if seeded #3/#4)
Sept. 10 - Available

Semis(For games 3 & 4)
Sept. 17 - N/A(Paul McCartney)
Sept. 19 - Available

Finals
Sept. 24, 26 & 29, Oct. 1 & 4 - All dates available

Shades

PostPosted: 08/25/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isabelle Harrison said her dream place to live is New York City.... just saying.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/25/17 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Isabelle Harrison said her dream place to live is New York City.... just saying.

i love her game, when did she say this?

Shades

PostPosted: 08/25/17 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Halftime of the Lynx game tonight

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 08/25/17 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Vaughn for Harrison?

root_thing

PostPosted: 08/25/17 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jayne Appel played in San Antonio while living in NYC during the off-season. It can be done. Isabelle just needs to marry a finance guy. Wink

PostPosted: 08/26/17 3:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rFSuZyXjzhg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 08/26/17 5:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
FYI, with the play-off schedule just released, there's a few dates where MSG isn't available. I think we grab the #4 seed, so Sept. 7 isn't a problem. Sept. 17 is a Sunday & Sept. 16 isn't available either(The Scorpions), so if the Liberty advance to the semis, Game 3 will be played elsewhere(Prudential Center? Barclays?).

Sept. 10 - Available

Semis(For games 3 & 4)
Sept. 19 - Available

Finals

If we fall to 5th somehow I think they'd just play on the 6th...the libs seem to insist on changing the DATE not the Location

But the Semis is more problematic and it would be 3/4 period obviously given the bracket...the issue is the garden is booked on the 16th as well and I doubt they'd wait till Tuesday or play back to back on a Monday. Given that getting swept vs LA or Minny is possible I think the Libs would try to find a way to make that 1 home game at MSG...so we'll see that one is a dilemma.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 6:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Vaughn for Harrison?

Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
root_thing

PostPosted: 08/26/17 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Sept. 10 - Available

Semis(For games 3 & 4)
Sept. 19 - Available

Finals

If we fall to 5th somehow I think they'd just play on the 6th...the libs seem to insist on changing the DATE not the Location

But the Semis is more problematic and it would be 3/4 period obviously given the bracket...the issue is the garden is booked on the 16th as well and I doubt they'd wait till Tuesday or play back to back on a Monday. Given that getting swept vs LA or Minny is possible I think the Libs would try to find a way to make that 1 home game at MSG...so we'll see that one is a dilemma.

McCartney's concert is at 8p. Could moving the game up from 3p to 1p be enough to set up for the concert? I know in the past they used to have weekend doubleheaders with a Knicks game in the afternoon and a Ranger game at night. They would just have the hockey ice under the basketball floor. Of course, MSG also had a reputation for having the shittiest ice in the NHL... Razz Anyway, I realize you can't have sound equipment and special effects already sitting around, but maybe four hours is enough to get everything set-up and tested. Since these shows are created for touring, everything is pretty modular and the roadies know their routine.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Sept. 10 - Available

Semis(For games 3 & 4)
Sept. 19 - Available

Finals

McCartney's concert is at 8p. Could moving the game up from 3p to 1p be enough to set up for the concert? I know in the past they used to have weekend doubleheaders with a Knicks game in the afternoon and a Ranger game at night. They would just have the hockey ice under the basketball floor. Of course, MSG also had a reputation for having the shittiest ice in the NHL... Razz Anyway, I realize you can't have sound equipment and special effects already sitting around, but maybe four hours is enough to get everything set-up and tested. Since these shows are created for touring, everything is pretty modular and the roadies know their routine.

I'm not sure how practical this really is...I know there have been games before and after concerts where light rigging etc was in the roof that's happened a few times...but they thought this when they did Adele last year and they ended up just changing the date. So no clue. It's clear Lib management unlike every other team in the W refuses to move home games and I applaud them for that

As for the MSG Ice. I thought that title was held by the Devils...for the same reason...concerts first hockey second. Maybe it's improved in Pru Center vs Meadowlands.

I always thought the big deal there was conflicts with the circus (in the old days Ringling had a 2-3 week daily (twice on sunday) run at the garden after whistle stops at meadowlands and Nassau...and this normally had to be worked around Ranger playoffs in the 90s...to where dirt would be visible under the Ice and the arena smelled like elephant crap (!) because literally they'd perform the matanee and cancel the nightcap (Normally fusing crowds from both performances to do so, which they didn't mind the packed house!) it was stuff of old MSG legend among hardcore ranger fans. (The myth that opponents had to walk past the Tiger cages to reach the ice was busted however)

PostPosted: 08/26/17 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We could move the game up to 11 am, but that would require bringing in several thousand screaming children. Or we could move the game up to 9 am, preceded by a multi-denomination, interfaith religious service. MSG vendors will sell breakfast food instead, so the non-religious can wait outside and stuff their faces. The league and ESPN will like the early start time because they can avoid going head-to-head against football. Wink

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
We could move the game up to 11 am, but that would require bringing in several thousand screaming children. Or we could move the game up to 9 am, preceded by a multi-denomination, interfaith religious service. MSG vendors will sell breakfast food instead, so the non-religious can wait outside and stuff their faces. The league and ESPN will like the early start time because they can avoid going head-to-head against football. Wink

If McCartney wants a sound check -- and almost every major act does -- there's no way to play a game the same day.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

What about this? McCartney does a set, then the Liberty plays the first half, then McCartney does a second set, then the Liberty plays the second half. The two different groups of ticket holders would have to go into the Garden and come out at appropriate times, basically rotating in the seats. McCartney's stage would be placed on the basketball court, then struck, then recreated, then struck again. Yes, it would take a little time. Yes, it would be a little inconvenient for McCartney's fans and Liberty fans. But it would be historic! And imagine how great it could be if you had tickets for both events!!! Smile

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Move it up to 12.01am, then it's technically the same day, and we can begin a new concept called WNBA After Dark.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's more than likely that game on the 17th gets played elsewhere. I'm assuming Prudential Center. Though we saw during their three years playing there that the NYC Liberty fans don't travel.

root_thing

PostPosted: 08/26/17 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Move it up to 12.01am, then it's technically the same day, and we can begin a new concept called WNBA After Dark.

The concept already exists in college when teams have Midnight Madness first practices, open to the public, at the earliest moment allowed by the NCAA.

Or maybe we could ask Paul McCartney to do a simple Unplugged-type concert that requires very little set-up work. He could sit at the piano and just sing a 2-hour version of Let It Be.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
root_thing wrote:

The concept already exists in college when teams have Midnight Madness first practices, open to the public, at the earliest moment allowed by the NCAA.

Or maybe we could ask Paul McCartney to do a simple Unplugged-type concert that requires very little set-up work. He could sit at the piano and just sing a 2-hour version of Let It Be.

or just have the game & concert at the same time. Guaranteed way to sellout the game. Have Paul set up behind one of the baskets. Now does the game get played at 3pm for TV purposes or 8pm so ticket holders don't have to change anything?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 75 of 80

Jump to: