New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/24/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Side Note: Saw ads for the Liberty on GoComics.com.
Are there a lot of cartoon-reading Liberty fans?

because you clicked on the Lib site ....those postings are at places you click on its called advertising, and done by computer marketing agencies

It seems like the WNBA might be putting some extra money into that type of internet advertising (eg. Google ads), because I have noticed WNBA-related ads all over the place lately - far more than ever before.

This_____ So much i thought the wings were stalking me instead Laughing

PostPosted: 05/24/17 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The over reacting to the loss of Boyd, Hartley's less than spectacular showings and Prince's impending trip abroad list of PG suggestions so far...

bring back L. Allen
bring back C. Hopkins

trade for Colson

cross finger's that Hartley improves

re-invigorate T. Wright

consider sign Faris and seeing if she can play 10 minutes a night of PG

other ideas?

sigur3

PostPosted: 05/24/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
The over reacting to the loss of Boyd, Hartley's less than spectacular showings and Prince's impending trip abroad list of PG suggestions so far...

bring back L. Allen
bring back C. Hopkins

trade for Colson

re-invigorate T. Wright

other ideas?

Megdal just suggested that San Antonio would trade Plum for Stokes, Allen, and a pick LOL

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

bring back L. Allen
bring back C. Hopkins

trade for Colson

re-invigorate T. Wright

other ideas?

Megdal just suggested that San Antonio would trade Plum for Stokes, Allen, and a pick LOL

lmao!!! he just sayin that for shock value, i highly doubt Stars would do that

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

bring back L. Allen
bring back C. Hopkins

trade for Colson

re-invigorate T. Wright

other ideas?

Yeah that would be pretty crazy. I'd do it and I really like Stokes.

After reading the Sky/Mystics game thread I came up with this idea

3 way trade
Meesseman to Chicago
Boyette and Epps to NY
Stokes and NY's 2nd round pick in 18 to Washington

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

no lol lol

Boyette has potential but to me she will be a career future backup player

Epps is too slow for me, i rather them sign someone like L.Allen back who can push the pace just like Boyd.

i think Bill and the Liberty are going to be looking at all options throughout the season, because once Prince leaves to go overseas or even worse get hurt we are in BIG trouble.

like someone said Hartley is just not a PG, we need a PG. LFO knows it

awhom111

PostPosted: 05/24/17 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
toad455 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
OK, so clicking around I did find information that mostly indicates there will be 10 teams, although they use the word "eight":

Quote:
The competition system for the FIBA Women’s AmeriCup consists of two phases. In the Group Phase, the eight (10) participating teams will be divided into two (2) groups of five (5) teams. Teams will play in round-robin format for four days. The best two teams from each group will advance to the next phase, where the first place of Group A will play against the second place in Group B and vice versa. The winners of the Semi-Finals will advance to the Gold Medal Match, while the losers will play for the bronze.

their website only lists four teams. very odd. the 2015 tournament had Canada, plus 4 Caribbean teams & 5 teams from South America.

Yeah, you would expect to see teams like Brazil and Puerto Rico in the tournament. I don't get it. Events usually need to be planned. If nothing else, you want to book early to ensure that you have flight and hotel accommodations -- not to mention getting the best rates. Maybe the FIBA web intern just didn't have time to type in the other 6 teams yet. Razz

Centrobasket, which would have been the other qualifier for this tournament was not played last summer (with no reason given). I think they will play it sometime this July. Brazil's spot will be almost certainly be vacated because they have not done enough to lift their suspension. That will probably go to Paraguay. The United States will vacate their spot, so I think that five will go to Centrobasket if there are ten teams, but I suppose Ecuador could get the place instead. Hopefully there are ten teams, because I want to see at least five Centrobasket teams (Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Jamaica, and Cuba) play and honestly would prefer the US Virgin Islands or the Bahamas to Colombia.
SDHoops

PostPosted: 05/24/17 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

bring back L. Allen
bring back C. Hopkins

trade for Colson

re-invigorate T. Wright

other ideas?

Yeah that would be pretty crazy. I'd do it and I really like Stokes.

After reading the Sky/Mystics game thread I came up with this idea

3 way trade
Meesseman to Chicago
Boyette and Epps to NY
Stokes and NY's 2nd round pick in 18 to Washington

Yeah Washington is gonna trade their all-star and last year's franchise player just because she's not off to a good start. Geez Louise!

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/25/17 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

I don't know about that particular deal, but everything we heard after the draft was that SAS didn't want Plum. They just drafted her because she was considered the best player available. Meanwhile, from what I've seen of NY's offense so far, it looks like it almost requires a shoot first point guard -- or at least someone who is a major scoring threat. Boyd and Prince have looked their best when creating for themselves first. So, if you put two and two together, Plum to NY is not a totally crazy idea. And it's the type of splashy move that Isiah likes. I won't offer up any trade proposals -- there are plenty of other people on this board who love that kind of thing. I'm just saying that Plum to NY does have some logic to it.

On a different note, people seem to think Chelsea Hopkins was in camp with NY last season. It was actually 2015.

PostPosted: 05/25/17 2:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I was SA I would ask for Stokes, Rodgers and the 2018 first round pick.

If I'm NY I counter with Stokes, Hartley and the 2018 first round pick.

What do people think of Cortijo? I like her as a back up in Atlanta, was surprised the Dream cut her.

I still like Hopkins even if it was 2015. SHe looked pretty good in LA. I forgot last year was Orrange, Bulgak, and Alston.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/25/17 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If I was SA I would ask for Stokes, Rodgers and the 2018 first round pick.

If I'm NY I counter with Stokes, Hartley and the 2018 first round pick.

What do people think of Cortijo? I like her as a back up in Atlanta, was surprised the Dream cut her.

I still like Hopkins even if it was 2015. SHe looked pretty good in LA. I forgot last year was Orrange, Bulgak, and Alston.

U know the more i think about it, Plum would be a perfect fit for this offense, teams wouldnt double or triple team Charles that much. Plum would make them pay for it. Thats what we need. Shooters around Charles. But im not giving up my 2018 first round pick

toad455

PostPosted: 05/25/17 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

again, not giving up a 2018 first round pick. Stokes & Hartley for Colson & Alexander?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Queenie

PostPosted: 05/25/17 6:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It might be individual teams. I logged onto the network at Mohegan Sun once this season and now AdSense keeps trying to sell me Sun tickets.

PostPosted: 05/25/17 6:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt it would happen but if including the 1st round pick with a player could get us Plum I think we would be foolish not to do it. Even if NY struggles and ends middle of the pack say pick 7 is there really someone better than Plum. I like Canada and Russell has potential to be a star but who at 7 would be better than Plum now?

tbh I do not want to trade Stokes

so when Prince and Vaughn go abroad what do we have left

Rodgers
Zellous/Hartley
Allen/Burdick
Charles/Raincock-Ekunwe
Stokes/Zahui B

Yikes, that leaves us with no one at the PG spot, the most realistic option is to just bring back L. Allen (I'm still leaning towards Hopkins). There has to be someone we're over looking.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/25/17 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
It might be individual teams. I logged onto the network at Mohegan Sun once this season and now AdSense keeps trying to sell me Sun tickets.

I went to a Storm game in Seattle once, in 2004. They still send me emails about tickets regularly.

PostPosted: 05/25/17 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Side Note: Saw ads for the Liberty on GoComics.com.
Are there a lot of cartoon-reading Liberty fans?

Google looks at your search history (and maybe it can use cookies and other factors as well) to determine what ads to show (assuming GoComics.com is using Google for ads and you use Google for search), so someone else visiting the site would probably have seen different ads.

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/25/17 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

The same thing happened to me, except I only went on the Connecticut Sun website. Next thing I know, I'm seeing Connecticut Sun ads everywhere.

PostPosted: 05/25/17 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Queenie wrote:

The same thing happened to me, except I only went on the Connecticut Sun website. Next thing I know, I'm seeing Connecticut Sun ads everywhere.

Same here. Good advertising though. All teams should aggressively advertise their teams this good.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/25/17 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I doubt it would happen but if including the 1st round pick with a player could get us Plum I think we would be foolish not to do it. Even if NY struggles and ends middle of the pack say pick 7 is there really someone better than Plum. I like Canada and Russell has potential to be a star but who at 7 would be better than Plum now?

tbh I do not want to trade Stokes

so when Prince and Vaughn go abroad what do we have left

Rodgers
Zellous/Hartley
Allen/Burdick
Charles/Raincock-Ekunwe
Stokes/Zahui B

Yikes, that leaves us with no one at the PG spot, the most realistic option is to just bring back L. Allen (I'm still leaning towards Hopkins). There has to be someone we're over looking.

Wait. Vaughn is leaving for overseas too??? Wow. NY's shitty roster gets even shittier.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/25/17 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Same here. Good advertising though. All teams should aggressively advertise their teams this good.

I don't know how you guys stay sane using the net without an ad blocker

PostPosted: 05/25/17 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Actually, Orrange was also 2015. Wink

Cortijo got off to a great start last year, but then she totally fizzled. Another streak shooter who runs very hot and very cold. She's sort of Wheeler-ish both in size and style. I'm not sure Bill would want to go there again. I just came across a Cortijo "Top Five Plays" compilation, and three of the plays were against the Liberty. I suppose that's why you like her. Smile

PostPosted: 05/25/17 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've used them in the past. I don't find the ads particularly intrusive.

PostPosted: 05/25/17 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

I've used them in the past. I don't find the ads particularly intrusive.

I don't see why you like the Macinscott board style either Laughing

PostPosted: 05/25/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I don't know how you guys stay sane using the net without an ad blocker

My computers have ad blockers. My tablet doesn't.

PostPosted: 05/25/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok. Four points, one assist, five turnovers, three fouls in her debut. Can we now stop the "Plum is worth Rogers, Stokes and a 2018 first round pick" stuff.

If you change "and" to "or" it would probably be a lot closer.

Anointing someone who had never played a minute in the League a savior is a risky proposition except in the rarest of circumstances, which this is not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 55 of 80

Jump to: