RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/08/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish it were Gemelos but think it will be Ekunwe and Allen.

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/08/17 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Last 2 roster spot poll
(feel free to say what you would do, what you think will happen, or both if they are different.)

If we assume that
Prince, Rogers, Allen, Charles, Stokes, Boyd, Hartley, Zellous, Zahui B. and Vaughn are locks who gets the last two spots?

Raincock-Ekunwe, Allen
Burdick, Allen
Raincock-Ekunwe, Gemelos
Burdick, Gemelos
Raincock-Ekunwe, Burdick
Allen, Gemelos

other
someone from the waiver wire ends up on the team
trade
The 10 locks are not locks

bump

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/08/17 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Last 2 roster spot poll
(feel free to say what you would do, what you think will happen, or both if they are different.)

If we assume that
Prince, Rogers, Allen, Charles, Stokes, Boyd, Hartley, Zellous, Zahui B. and Vaughn are locks who gets the last two spots?

Raincock-Ekunwe, Allen
Burdick, Allen
Raincock-Ekunwe, Gemelos
Burdick, Gemelos
Raincock-Ekunwe, Burdick
Allen, Gemelos

other
someone from the waiver wire ends up on the team
trade
The 10 locks are not locks

bump

I've been on the record for quite a while. If there's no trade, then I believe it'll be Raincock-Ekunwe and Allen.

PostPosted: 05/08/17 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If a a non liberty fan can vote I vote Allen and Burdick.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/08/17 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
If a a non liberty fan can vote I vote Allen and Burdick.

Yes everyone can vote.

Before camp Burdick, Allen is where I would have put my money as well.

Now while I like the go big line up I truly have no idea how it will play out.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/08/17 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not at all on top of the main factors affecting this important decision, but it's a poll where my vote means as much as the next person's and I'm going to exercise that right, so I'm voting for Trump and Pence, because I want to help make the Liberty great again. Well ... make them great.

PostPosted: 05/08/17 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Out of a frankly uninspired group, I'm going with Burdick and Raincock-Ekunwe.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 5:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll be difference and vote Raincock-Ekunwe & Gemelos.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/09/17 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Out of a frankly uninspired group, I'm going with Burdick and Raincock-Ekunwe.

+1

PostPosted: 05/09/17 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty has just posted (on Facebook) a short video of Epiphanny Prince shooting in the gym with Teresa Weatherspoon.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prince was at photo day on Thursday. She's been around, although I'm not sure about her level of participation in practice. The person who is supposed to practice for the first time today is Stokes.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll vote for Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe and Lindsey Allen

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/09/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Prince was at photo day on Thursday. She's been around, although I'm not sure about her level of participation in practice. The person who is supposed to practice for the first time today is Stokes.

You were right. Now they've posted a photo of Stokes at practice.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
root_thing wrote:

And that looks like Tanisha Wright fouling her. Laughing Again, kind of interesting that Wright is in camp. Also notable that she's been wearing glasses on the court. I suppose that means she's coaching rather than practicing.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
root_thing wrote:

And that looks like Tanisha Wright fouling her. Laughing Again, kind of interesting that Wright is in camp. Also notable that she's been wearing glasses on the court. I suppose that means she's coaching rather than practicing.

I keep wondering what Tanisha Wright is pondering for the future. Retiring as a player? Returning as a player? Coaching? (Seems like she'll surely be a coach at some point.) Indeed, I wonder if her decision not to play for the Liberty this season is absolutely final. I hope we'll get an illuminating interview with her at some point.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been thinking. If Tanisha is so antsy that she has to hang around camp soon after her season ended in Turkey, how is she going to feel in a month or two? The beauty of Wright's situation is that she isn't under contract. She doesn't need to be suspended, nor does she go against your cap. And yet, you can add her to your team anytime you want as long as you have the cap space to sign her, which they do. So, that opens up the possibility of Wright being added at midseason. In theory, you can even use her as the replacement player without that designation. If you're willing to waste the cap space, you can sign her for the period starting from when Piph leaves until the end of the season. When Piph comes back, then you can suspend Tanisha and take the cap hit. Not that you're likely to do that. If Wright comes back at all, she'd probably want to stay. Someone else would get cut.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I've been thinking. If Tanisha is so antsy that she has to hang around camp soon after her season ended in Turkey, how is she going to feel in a month or two? The beauty of Wright's situation is that she isn't under contract. She doesn't need to be suspended, nor does she go against your cap. And yet, you can add her to your team anytime you want as long as you have the cap space to sign her, which they do. So, that opens up the possibility of Wright being added at midseason. In theory, you can even use her as the replacement player without that designation. If you're willing to waste the cap space, you can sign her for the period starting from when Piph leaves until the end of the season. When Piph comes back, then you can suspend Tanisha and take the cap hit. Not that you're likely to do that. If Wright comes back at all, she'd probably want to stay. Someone else would get cut.

This is part of what I've wondered about. Is she in training camp because she's missing being on the court and considering a return this season? Is she there because she's considering retiring and coaching and wants to take a look at how Laimbeer, Smith, Williams, and Weatherspoon work from a different perspective?

With all the focus and speculation on this board about Shoni Schimmel, Tanisha Wright turning up at training camp has been rather under the radar. For me, what's happening with Wright and what's ahead for her is an intriguing story.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My wonder would be whether having Wright in camp when she's not under contract is a violation of WNBA rules

PostPosted: 05/09/17 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Stokes & Zellous are in camp, doesn't​ someone need to be cut?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 05/09/17 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
My wonder would be whether having Wright in camp when she's not under contract is a violation of WNBA rules

I was hoping you would say something before I did. Obviously Wright is being paid in some capacity. If she is being paid as a staffer, shouldn't she be required to retire as a player? Something doesn't smell right here. Some cap-skirtin' going on here. If you need to go rest, then go rest, unpaid by the Liberty.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
If Stokes & Zellous are in camp, doesn't​ someone need to be cut?

My understanding is that Zellous will show up tomorrow,

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

I was hoping you would say something before I did. Obviously Wright is being paid in some capacity. If she is being paid as a staffer, shouldn't she be required to retire as a player? Something doesn't smell right here. Some cap-skirtin' going on here. If you need to go rest, then go rest, unpaid by the Liberty.

Wheres the Prez ? I swear people on rebkell know more about the league and its rules than the person in charge. Been that way for a while now imo.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Wheres the Prez ? I swear people on rebkell know more about the league and its rules than the person in charge. Been that way for a while now imo.

I'm not saying I know the rules. I'm unsure of the rules. It just doesn't seem right.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

From what I've seen, WNBA rules are pretty squishy. Smile Call her a "civilian" -- a friend or visitor. We don't know if she's being paid or just hanging around. Even if she's being paid, call her a consultant. Teams have been known to hire temporary trainers, nutritionists, and performance measurement consultants. I know the Knicks hired a shooting guru a few of years ago who helped their 3Pt shooting... at least for half a season until the effects wore off. My guess is that outside coaches are allowable in the WNBA.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would assume Wright isn't being paid, because then you do get into some dodgy territory with cap circumvention, especially if she signed to play later in the season. Otherwise what would stop, say, Atlanta paying Angel McCoughtry a million dollars to be a 'coach' in training camp, then sign as a player one day into the season?

But if she's just showing up to help out and gain some coaching experience as, essentially, an intern? Eh, no big deal.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 47 of 80

Jump to: