Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/21/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
What are Canada's best qualities?

Their maple syrup is the bomb, and they have a lot of pro wrasslers I like. Also, UHC.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/22/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Good one

McPhee has a long ways to go. Last year Tara had to bench her for pouting if she missed shots as she would quit on D. This years team will be interesting to say the least as we lost all our leadership. I can only think of Marta as a possible leader but she still can't shoot and teams will still deeply sag off her. Dang they may sag off the whole team, unless we find some who can be consistent.

merlina

PostPosted: 08/24/17 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard Megadouche interviews Kloppenburg

https://summitthoops.com/2017/08/24/podcast-seattle-storm-interim-head-coach-gary-kloppenburg/

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/24/17 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was really surprised McPhee made the under 23 team. Hopefully she's turned a corner and can be more consistently engaged. I can't imagine she would go so far as to become a high draft pick, especially in next year's draft. So no, I don't think you will hear much pimping from me.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 08/24/17 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
Howard Megadouche/

Laughing Laughing

tfan

PostPosted: 08/26/17 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks Honor Sue Bird with Game Day Tradition

Loves those ripped jeans.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 08/28/17 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got my 2017 WNBA Carolyn Swords trading card in the mail today!

Very Happy
scrappy

PostPosted: 08/28/17 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Got my 2017 WNBA Carolyn Swords trading card in the mail today!

Very Happy

where did she gets traded to?

PostPosted: 08/29/17 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OT, I know ... but 20 years from now, what will teenage daughters say to mom when they see all those pictures with ripped jeans? One of the weirdest fashion trends, especially considering rich people (and Sue is not poor) wear clothes that are supposed to look like what poor people wear.

Of course, many fashion trends are just goofy. Again, in 20 years, what will teenage daughters think of dad's picture with a half-grown beard, or the side of his head shaved with a bunch of hair sticking up on top?

PostPosted: 08/29/17 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
OT, I know ... but 20 years from now, what will teenage daughters say to mom when they see all those pictures with ripped jeans? One of the weirdest fashion trends, especially considering rich people (and Sue is not poor) wear clothes that are supposed to look like what poor people wear.

Of course, many fashion trends are just goofy. Again, in 20 years, what will teenage daughters think of dad's picture with a half-grown beard, or the side of his head shaved with a bunch of hair sticking up on top?

...as well as the massive tattooing and body piercing.

They'll be giggling just as kids now are giggling about the things we wore and our hairstyles.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 08/29/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember Nehru jackets. And florescent lime green and orange socks in HS. And at our school kids would wear bib overhauls and the like once a year in our "Farmers Day" celebration. (The school was not amused and sent some students home.)

pilight

PostPosted: 08/29/17 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I went to school with some people who had hair like this:

PostPosted: 08/29/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A hair style later adopted by a US President with thinning, orange hair.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/29/17 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
OT, I know ... but 20 years from now, what will teenage daughters say to mom when they see all those pictures with ripped jeans?

Fifty years ago we were wearing jeans with holes, patches, and frayed bottoms. Bell bottom jeans no less. Preppy kids at preppy colleges wearing ripped clothes. Nothing new, and not a big deal as far as I can tell.

But then again, we were just college kids. It's a lot weirder when it's a 37 year old woman doing a publicity appearance in front of a huge crowd.

It's one thing for kids to look like that. It's another when adults are straining to look like kids.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 08/29/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Fashion trends have a tendency to come and go over the years. Ripped jeans were in style in early 90s and mohawks aka hair shaved on the sides with hair sticking up top was prevalent in the 80s

Last edited by Davis4632 on 08/29/17 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
sigur3

PostPosted: 08/29/17 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
OT, I know ... but 20 years from now, what will teenage daughters say to mom when they see all those pictures with ripped jeans?

Fifty years ago we were wearing jeans with holes, patches, and frayed bottoms. Bell bottom jeans no less. Preppy kids at preppy colleges wearing ripped clothes. Nothing new, and not a big deal as far as I can tell.

But then again, we were just college kids. It's a lot weirder when it's a 37 year old woman doing a publicity appearance in front of a huge crowd.

It's one thing for kids to look like that. It's another when adults are straining to look like kids.

I don't think it looks bad on her.

It's the jeans that have those HUGE rips, like, from the mid-thigh down through the knees and lower...I don't understand that. Don't those get caught up in everything? Aren't they hard to launder? Wouldn't you just rather wear shorts?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/29/17 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue looks great.

What's a cool 37 year old woman supposed to wear to a football game? A beige pants-suit from Talbots? A tasteful floral print blouse with some sensible slacks? A belted sweated dress with some neutral leggings and ankle boots?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/29/17 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I don't think those daughters will care that their moms dressed like teenagers when they were teenagers.

But when their mom (or somebody old enough to be their mom) is still dressing that way today, they're likely to say "Stop trying to look like you're my sister. You're not. You're my mom. You're not in high school any more. Act your age."

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/29/17 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I don't think it looks bad on her.

It's the jeans that have those HUGE rips, like, from the mid-thigh down through the knees and lower...I don't understand that. Don't those get caught up in everything? Aren't they hard to launder? Wouldn't you just rather wear shorts?

And she is wearing a big sportsjersey. Its not a formal event. So i rather have a player go to something like that wearing her own style then being dressed up as someone she is not.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/29/17 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's hilarious that the defenders have to pretend that the only possible alternative to wearing ripped jeans is wearing "A beige pants-suit from Talbots" or getting "dressed up."

How about regular jeans sans holes and a Seahawks jersey.

I think the discussion was initiated by a comment about the ripped jeans. I think that was the only objection. Stop exaggerating. It doesn't help your case.

Then again, if she wants to take her "fashion" cues from Kim Kardashian, I suppose she's free to do so.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/29/17 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I used those example because that is the type of thing a disapproving Grandpa reacting to some small obviously style driven rips would like to see. Not because I think that is the only alternative.

But yeah you're right she could wear some unripped jeans and not have to be accused of not dressing her age by the fashion police on the internet.

And no one acts their age anymore. I mean grown men wasting time on an internet argument about what women from the WNBA should or shouldn't wear at a sporting event, comparing people to Kardashians. Shouldn't that be left to the members of the junior high fashion club.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/29/17 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, almost as bad as the "what's ok to discuss on the internet" police.

Nobody made you participate. You could easily have stayed silent if you felt it was such a waste of time.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I used those example because that is the type of thing a disapproving Grandpa reacting to some small obviously style driven rips would like to see. Not because I think that is the only alternative.

But yeah you're right she could wear some unripped jeans and not have to be accused of not dressing her age by the fashion police on the internet.

And no one acts their age anymore. I mean grown men wasting time on an internet argument about what women from the WNBA should or shouldn't wear at a sporting event, comparing people to Kardashians. Shouldn't that be left to the members of the junior high fashion club.

Great retort!!

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I never understood the ripped jeans thing or the tattoo sleeves but I do understand trying to force one's opinion of what proper for a certain age onto everyone else. Ripped and skinny jeans are in fashion right now for everyone in any casual environment. Last I checked, the only reason one has to "act one's age" is to join AARP and get the senior discount at the Country Buffet.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I went to school with some people who had hair like this:

Isn't that the look from the Flock Of Seagulls music group?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: