RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/20/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I agree...infact,I believe both Langhorne/clark should be removed from the starting lineup.Lanhorne would be perfect coming of the bench.But using her in a trade could be the better value play.

There's a lot of teams that would like to add Langhorne.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/20/17 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't really think they need a backup for Bird (although to some extent that's a matter of semantics). If they can find one, what they need is a successor. The stream of players over the years that've been able to survive for 10mpg to back her up are endlessly replaceable and not worth much. They need the player who can actually start in this league when she leaves (or play decent minutes alongside her if they happen to find the player before Bird retires).

That's another problem with sorting out the Clark/Langhorne spots - they have another priority to deal with as well.

PostPosted: 08/20/17 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I agree...infact,I believe both Langhorne/clark should be removed from the starting lineup.Lanhorne would be perfect coming of the bench.But using her in a trade could be the better value play.

There's a lot of teams that would like to add Langhorne.

Phoenix would be a good fit for Lanhorne.But after giving up Harrison and Williams I highly doubt the mercury would be willing to trade the 2018 1st rd pick for Langhorne.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/20/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a hypothetical question for all you Seattle fans. If the Storm has the opportunity to draft either DeShields, Russell, or Canada, which player should they draft?

PostPosted: 08/20/17 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Langhorne as a replacement for Pierson and trade for #12 might not be too out of the question. Langhorne might not be as tough as Reeve likes, but she's got a good mid-range game that Reeve should like. I mean, she recently killed the Lynx with a 7-8 performance.

I'm not buying that SEA views Langhorne as a big problem.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/20/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I have a hypothetical question for all you Seattle fans. If the Storm has the opportunity to draft either DeShields, Russell, or Canada, which player should they draft?

I'd rate DeShields highest out of that bunch.

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/20/17 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Given that DeShields, rightfully in my opinion, is viewed as a somewhat better Kaela Davis, and given that Davis is, at best, mediocre, I'm just not sure how much value DeShields will bring early in her career.

Then again, I don't think much of the other two in terms of star potential, but my sense is that Russell might be the best in the long run. Like many Tennessee players, she could continue to improve after college.

PostPosted: 08/20/17 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

Canada.

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 08/20/17 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Canada

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/20/17 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vadeeva (if she is committed in coming over)

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/20/17 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Shades wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Given that DeShields, rightfully in my opinion, is viewed as a somewhat better Kaela Davis, and given that Davis is, at best, mediocre, I'm just not sure how much value DeShields will bring early in her career.

Then again, I don't think much of the other two in terms of star potential, but my sense is that Russell might be the best in the long run. Like many Tennessee players, she could continue to improve after college.

I think most importantly, even if none of the three ever improves their game, Russell is tall. She'll always be tall. She's not going to ever get shorter. And you can't teach height.

I'd take Russell.

Indeed, if a coach simply pounded it into her to stay within 10 feet of the basket at all times, she could be a contributor even with her existing skill set.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/20/17 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

I believe the rest of league would love the Storm drafting Vadeeva with their first round pick.

PostPosted: 08/21/17 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I believe the rest of league would love the Storm drafting Vadeeva with their first round pick.

I wouldnt sleep on her though. She has a lot of potential and could be an Emma Meesseman type steal in this draft. But i have to admit that i dont watch collegeball so i dont know how good those players are.
I just know that the Storm need a solid center of 6'3 or taller that can play alongside Stewart in the future and she fits that 100%. If we can grab her with our 2nd round pick (if we have one) then ofcourse i would prefer that Razz

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/21/17 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I wouldnt sleep on her though. She has a lot of potential and could be an Emma Meesseman type steal in this draft. But i have to admit that i dont watch collegeball so i dont know how good those players are.
I just know that the Storm need a solid center of 6'3 or taller that can play alongside Stewart in the future and she fits that 100%. If we can grab her with our 2nd round pick (if we have one) then ofcourse i would prefer that Razz

I am not questioning her basketball skills. The history of European players making a long term commitment to playing in the WNBA is not good.
Yes, drafting her in the second round would be preferable but my question was directed at who should the Storm draft with their first round pick.

PostPosted: 08/21/17 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point, Jordin Canada is a short, slender guard with a questionable outside shot. That profile has not played out well in the WNBA ...

PostPosted: 08/21/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
At this point, Jordin Canada is a short, slender guard with a questionable outside shot. That profile has not played out well in the WNBA ...

DRob....

Would you rate Alexis Jones higher than Canada?

PAC fans will be hyping Canada & Billings all season. Who else do they have to put on a pedalstool?

pilight

PostPosted: 08/21/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Canada is shorter than Robinson, and Robinson isn't someone you would spend the #1 overall pick on

PostPosted: 08/21/17 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not me Laughing

Shoulda woulda and coulda is their mantra. If they don't show out this year, I think that class would be considered one of the underachievers in the PAC.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/21/17 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Canada is shorter than Robinson, and Robinson isn't someone you would spend the #1 overall pick on

What team would spend #1 or even a lottery pick on Canada? I'm even struggling with Mitchell being a lottery pick if a couple of the top eligibles come out early.

What are Canada's best qualities?

Davis4632

PostPosted: 08/21/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

DRob....

PAC fans will be hyping Canada & Billings all season. Who else do they have to put on a pedalstool?

Sabrina Ionescu, Ruthy Hebard, and maybe Brittany McPhee

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/21/17 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

DRob....

Ionescu will get more PUB than any player on the westcoast this year and its well deserved. Hebard is a sleeper along with McPhee

PostPosted: 08/21/17 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

DRob....

Ionescu will get more PUB than any player on the westcoast this year and its well deserved. Hebard is a sleeper along with McPhee

And don't forget Destiny Slocum waiting in the wings.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/21/17 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C'mon people take it to the college thread. It's not even about who the Storm should draft next year.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/21/17 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

DRob....

And don't forget Destiny Slocum waiting in the wings.

Yeah but the year of no play will kind of dim her limelight in my opinion.

PostPosted: 08/21/17 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

DRob....

I was talking about this year's draft.

I'm sure myrtle will be pimping McPhee all season long Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: