Liberty
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Fever
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Shades

PostPosted: 08/22/17 8:35 pm    ::: Liberty @ Fever - 8/23/17 Reply Reply with quote

Indianapolis, IN - 7:00 PM ET
TV: WNDY, MSG
Online: League Pass

Game info:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20170823/NYLIND

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 08/22/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's get an easy win tonight, Liberty & hopefully get Tina some rest!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/22/17 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Classic trap game. Stay sharp Liberty.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 08/23/17 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so another 'game on MSG' scenario.
i just tried to set recording on DVR and its not listed on MSG.

jmvcity

PostPosted: 08/23/17 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's on MSG+

toad455

PostPosted: 08/23/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

slow scoring game to start. Come on, Liberty!!

toad455

PostPosted: 08/23/17 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laimbeer must feel confident they're going to win. Bench getting some solid playing time.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/23/17 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting hearing Catchings & S. Johnson calling the game.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/23/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoever this male announcer is is quite annoying. No, Hamson isn't the tallests player in the league(guess he never heard of Brittney Griner). And then there's this to close out the first half: "Fever have cut their 11 point deficit down to 11 at halftime"!!!

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/23/17 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Whoever this male announcer is is quite annoying. No, Hamson isn't the tallests player in the league(guess he never heard of Brittney Griner). And then there's this to close out the first half: "Fever have cut their 11 point deficit down to 11 at halftime"!!!

He also seems to think that players are in foul trouble when they have two at the end of the first half.

PostPosted: 08/23/17 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sloppy ball movement by NY this 3rd quarter. We should be up by 20 right now.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/23/17 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Outside of Sugar, our bench has been terrible. Stokes with 5 TOs.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/23/17 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank goodness this Fever team are terrible. Too many turnovers tonight. Liberty now up their win streak to 6, but we have to play better on Friday vs. Washington.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/23/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A lot of positives out of this game. First off, they didn't take Indiana lightly. Second, their pick and roll defense was again sensational. There were very few open shots off of what you would consider as a fan to be missed assignments. Third, Tina played just 25 minutes and barely got any touches inside where she would have to bang. Fourth, the Piph/Sugar tandem was quite productive.

Yeah, you'd like to have taken care of the ball better. And we'd like more consistency from the bench. But heading into the game that probably will determine our seeding, I think you have to really be happy with the overall attention to detail tonight. They're very locked in to what they need to do on defense. That's a plus heading into Friday.

PostPosted: 08/23/17 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Thank goodness this Fever team are terrible. Too many turnovers tonight. Liberty now up their win streak to 6, but we have to play better on Friday vs. Washington.

The Liberty, led by Tina, kept throwing passes to their imaginary 10-foot teammates. Stokes playing human pinball bouncing off opponents' bodies instead of setting picks. Yes, Kiah, stopping is required. Good thing Hartley had her head screwed on right. She seemed to step in whenever it was needed. Only 2 assists, but no TOs. Also, Sugar was great in the first half, although a nonfactor in the second.

PostPosted: 08/23/17 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New York did what they needed to do: win the game. And, if possible, keep Charles from having to play 37 minutes. I view all the rest as secondary. Once we get to the opening tip on Friday night, the details about tonight--who played well, who didn't, all the turnovers--won't matter much.

PostPosted: 08/23/17 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Felt like we were toying with Indy, doing just enough to keep it 10-15 until they pulled away to 20 late.

only bit I didn't like was mid 4th having to put the starters back in to seal the deal...but this game was 1/2 speed...we'll need to be back to playoff speed for DC then can throw the chutes and let the chips fall where they may but Beating DC is the big one as long as we're prepared I'm happy with this game.

PostPosted: 08/23/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Outside of Sugar, our bench has been terrible. Stokes with 5 TOs.

You can always tell when I pick Stokes for my FD team.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/23/17 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The Liberty, led by Tina, kept throwing passes to their imaginary 10-foot teammates. Stokes playing human pinball bouncing off opponents' bodies instead of setting picks. Yes, Kiah, stopping is required. Good thing Hartley had her head screwed on right. She seemed to step in whenever it was needed. Only 2 assists, but no TOs. Also, Sugar was great in the first half, although a nonfactor in the second.

Hartley was big. She has that stabilizing, plucky quality that's pretty easy to embrace. I liked her on the Mystics as well, but the intangibles are even more apparent watching her play every game. She has good mental toughness.

PostPosted: 08/23/17 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
Felt like we were toying with Indy, doing just enough to keep it 10-15 until they pulled away to 20 late.

only bit I didn't like was mid 4th having to put the starters back in to seal the deal...but this game was 1/2 speed...we'll need to be back to playoff speed for DC then can throw the chutes and let the chips fall where they may but Beating DC is the big one as long as we're prepared I'm happy with this game.

My main concern was not taking Indy lightly and maintaining the defensive identity. So that part was good. But they're going to have crisper offensively than they were either tonight or Sunday. But seeing how they've responded in these games that they've had to win, I'm optimistic the energy will be there on the offensive end on Friday.

PostPosted: 08/23/17 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She may be one of the greatest players, most knowledgeable and classiest on and off the court, but I don't think Catchings should be doing play by play announcing. She doesn't have the right speech for it. Sorry.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/24/17 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wasn't sure what to expect but I was actually kind of impressed. There's going to be a learning curve for any inexperienced broadcaster regardless. But there were a few times where I said, man, she's pretty insightful. In the sense that she's giving deeper insight than a lot of former players give. To me it was better than Tully, who mainly restates the obvious. I didn't see her speech as detracting from it, but that's just me. I genuinely like her too, which helps.

PostPosted: 08/24/17 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't want to Jinx us but we could lose Friday and still get the four seed. I would prefer to win, but I don't think a loss knocks us out of getting the by.

Queenie

PostPosted: 08/24/17 6:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:
She may be one of the greatest players, most knowledgeable and classiest on and off the court, but I don't think Catchings should be doing play by play announcing. She doesn't have the right speech for it. Sorry.

I agree, though she has gotten better with time.

(now with spelling variations)
jmvcity

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I wasn't sure what to expect but I was actually kind of impressed. There's going to be a learning curve for any inexperienced broadcaster regardless. But there were a few times where I said, man, she's pretty insightful.

No doubt she was very insightful. At times, it was hard to understand her because she talks like she's got marbles in her mouth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: