RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

DC Mystics 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jet Jaguar



Joined: 11 Feb 2014
Posts: 1024



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 1:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

#6 SWK, B, Jones, Coffey?

OK there are some holes to fill but I can see some free agents getting signed here in the next week or so Larkins, L. Mitchell, Toliver, Gatling? Someone will jump in, I wonder if Mike T has any ins with K. Griffin.


I'd take BJones. They lost Dolson and Vaughn. That's a lot of strength lost.


Cloud is not a PG. PG is the #1 need at this point. Signing Mitchell = priority. Or PG available at #6. Lindsey Allen? But I agree, this team needs some beef. So if Mitchell is signed, go with BJones. She's got beef and she's been consistent.

With EDD and Meeseman, we've got plenty of scoring so we just need defense out of the SF and that's what TRP and Cloud bring. I repeat: the Cloud experiment at PG needs to end. She's useful as she can play 2,3 or 1 in a pinch.


I assume you're talking about Leilani Mitchell. Jet would say you're setting the bar low. Allen isn't worth passing on BJones. I don't think Coates will be available at #6 unless there's multiple early declarations.

Read my mind. And I'd stick with Cloud before experimenting with Lindsey Allen, who won't be a good WNBA player.



_________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 485



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, which team made out better with all these roster changes so far...

New York gains Bria Hartley and Kia Vaughn but lose Carolyn Swords

Seattle gains Swords and gives up 6th pick in draft

Washington gains EDD and 6th pick in draft but loses Vaughn, Hartley, Copper, Dolson and 2nd pick

Chicago losses EDD but gains Dolson, Copper and 2nd pick in draft

In my opinion, New York didn't get better or worse. Hartley will probably replace Schimmel who didn't play anyways. Vaughn for Swords is not really an upgrade or a downgrade. Trade Score: Meh

Seattle doesn't get better or worse. They added another big center who has a good FG% but doesn't score much to go along with Krystal Thomas who is the exact same. They need to draft a good scoring guard at #6. Trade Score: Meh

Washington gets EDD, yeah great, but they lost a LOT more than what they got. I don't see them being much better than last year. They lost 29ppg from last season with the roster subtractions (39ppg if their #2 draft pick scored at least 10ppg) and added EDD's 20ppg. She'll put more butts in the seats, but that's the only thing that will change in Mystics land. They either miss the playoffs again this season or just barely get into them and then poof out early like Thibault teams usually do. Trade Score: A bit better than Meh just cuz its EDD.

Chicago losses its superstar but gained a lot which could possibly equal to what they lost. Dolson is an all star center who has yet to peak. Copper is a great talent and they get a star quality pick at #2. (Plum, Coates or DeShields) Trade Score: Ding Ding Ding!

I think Chicago has come out of all of this with the better roster moves. It just all depends on what a rookie head coach can do with the team.


Kailapea



Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 1194
Location: Northridge, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.



_________________
Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5340
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:
Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.


Idea



_________________
chicago sky tankwagon 2017
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 42787



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:
Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.


Anybody more credible than Barcoff?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5340
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Kailapea wrote:
Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.


Anybody more credible than Barcoff?


Significantly so



_________________
chicago sky tankwagon 2017
boom*NNEKA*nneka



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 650
Location: San Pedro, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:
Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.


Please no! Come on KT, stay for a couple more years. . See if you can get a couple more chips, and then play your last couple years in DC.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3114
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Kailapea wrote:
Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.


Please no! Come on KT, stay for a couple more years. . See if you can get a couple more chips, and then play your last couple years in DC.



WOW , i guess she accomplished what she needed in LA and wants to be closer to her alma Mater with EDD ? The team is still no contender with toliver added . If toliver wants consistent praise with a long term championship challenging group with the new format LA is the place to stay . Unless shes not worried about ships anymore since she has one. This would be a devastating loss to the Sparks.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14061
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Kailapea wrote:
Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.


Please no! Come on KT, stay for a couple more years. . See if you can get a couple more chips, and then play your last couple years in DC.



WOW , i guess she accomplished what she needed in LA and wants to be closer to her alma Mater with EDD ? The team is still no contender with toliver added . If toliver wants consistent praise with a long term championship challenging group with the new format LA is the place to stay . Unless shes not worried about ships anymore since she has one. This would be a devastating loss to the Sparks.


The combination of EDD, Meesseman and Toliver and the coaching of Mike T certainly could do some damage IMO. Also i makes the Sparks a bit weaker because they would lose a deadly shooter who spaces the floor for all their posts and can distribute the ball when she wants too.
With Williams returning from injury you get scoring back but not as effective as Toliver and certainly no playmaking.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 19927



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless there are early declarations, I don't think B.Jones or Coates will be there at #6. This team will be sorely missing a banger inside.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 53927
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:
Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.


It's not a done deal



_________________
I mean, we’re in a difficult spot because we love playing at home and we love this league, and it’s not for the money. So then you could also argue, if it’s not for the money, then why are you leaving?
Mysticsfan12



Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Posts: 401



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/31/17 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder what time it becomes official tomorrow. Press conference? Announcement?



_________________
Welcome to DC.
readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5166
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/17 2:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Wonder what time it becomes official tomorrow. Press conference? Announcement?


Also free agent signings! Would LOVE for Karima Christmas to join the Styx. She's a strong defender at SF, willing to bang for boards and a sweet outside shot.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19097
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/17 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Wonder what time it becomes official tomorrow. Press conference? Announcement?


Also free agent signings! Would LOVE for Karima Christmas to join the Styx. She's a strong defender at SF, willing to bang for boards and a sweet outside shot.

...and not a free agent.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
UofDel_Alum



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 3776
Location: Delaware


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/17 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kailapea wrote:
Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.


It's not a done deal


Am I wrong, doesn't Washington need a rebounder and a person to be physical in the paint?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3114
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kailapea wrote:
Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.


It's not a done deal


Am I wrong, doesn't Washington need a rebounder and a person to be physical in the paint?


I think there banking on draft picks to ensure that whole.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13446



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toliver to the Mystics....

PG: Latta/Cloud
SG: Toliver/Hill
SF: Ruffin-Pratt/Mallot
PF: Delle Donne/Hawkins
C: Meesseman/Sanders
+ 6th pick & possibly Mitchell



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3114
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/17 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Toliver to the Mystics....

PG: Latta/Cloud
SG: Toliver/Hill
SF: Ruffin-Pratt/Mallot
PF: Delle Donne/Hawkins
C: Meesseman/Sanders
+ 6th pick & possibly Mitchell


Wow where are these signings going official at ? .Com is not giving anything



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 42787



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/17 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's nothing official about Toliver that I can see. Confused



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3114
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/17 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
There's nothing official about Toliver that I can see. Confused


me neither i rushed to .com and twitter too verify this but nothing is resourceful . So Mopey is still in LALA land for now . Whew



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Mysticsfan12



Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Posts: 401



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/01/17 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When exactly is this trade going to finally be announced?



_________________
Welcome to DC.
hyperetic



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 4987
Location: Fayetteville


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/02/17 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
When exactly is this trade going to finally be announced?


Just got a notification on my WNBA app. 9:42 AM CST.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13446



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/02/17 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Mystics can add one or two more solid bench players, they should easily make the playoffs. Right now their bench is Cloud & Sanders.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 4823



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/02/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics currently have nine players on their roster and not one of them is a center. I don't think any of the rest have a low post game. Maybe they will try a Golden State Warriors style - three point shots combined with drives.


sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5340
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/02/17 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The Mystics currently have nine players on their roster and not one of them is a center. I don't think any of the rest have a low post game. Maybe they will try a Golden State Warriors style - three point shots combined with drives.


Both Meesseman and EDD have very good low post games, though they're based on skill and footwork rather than pure physical strength. I'm guessing they're gambling on one of Coates/Jones to still be available at 6, but even if that doesn't happen, there's no shortage of big bodies who can eat minutes on the market.



_________________
chicago sky tankwagon 2017
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16643
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/02/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Toliver to the Mystics....

PG: Latta/Cloud
SG: Toliver/Hill
SF: Ruffin-Pratt/Mallot
PF: Delle Donne/Hawkins
C: Meesseman/Sanders
+ 6th pick & possibly Mitchell


Hill was the team's leading scorer last year, though her FG% was bad. Ruffin-Pratt gave more in terms of points and assists (the latter on a per minute basis), but also shot pretty poorly from the floor.

Curious to see if those percentages improve with better players at the 2 and 4 positions.


Mysticsfan12



Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Posts: 401



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/02/17 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My guess is IF Toliver comes, T will play her at PG and move Latta to SG/PG:

PG: Toliver/Cloud/Mitchell
SG: Hill/Latta
SF: Delle Donne/TRP
PF: Meesseman/Hawkins*if she comes back
C: 6th pick or someone else not on team/Sanders



_________________
Welcome to DC.
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8025



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/17 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Toliver arrives, it will be a very odd lineup ... if the best five are on the floor. That would be, for me,

Toliver
Latta
EDD
Meessemann

? TRP maybe. Draft pick.

That's a small team with no post presence, but very dangerous offensively.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 2459
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
If Toliver arrives, it will be a very odd lineup ... if the best five are on the floor. That would be, for me,

Toliver
Latta
EDD
Meessemann

? TRP maybe. Draft pick.j

That's a small team with no post presence, but very dangerous offensively.


All offense and no defense. Sounds like my Green Bay Packers.



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19097
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
If Toliver arrives, it will be a very odd lineup ... if the best five are on the floor. That would be, for me,

Toliver
Latta
EDD
Meessemann

? TRP maybe. Draft pick.

That's a small team with no post presence, but very dangerous offensively.

And at least three 'minus' defenders. If Thibault gets that group to play League average defense, it'll be an impressive achievement.

I'd be tempted to throw a mid-range contract at Krystal Thomas and see if Seattle think she's worth it to match. You don't need any scoring to add to those four, just size, solidity and rebounding in the middle.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8025



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
ClayK wrote:
If Toliver arrives, it will be a very odd lineup ... if the best five are on the floor. That would be, for me,

Toliver
Latta
EDD
Meessemann

? TRP maybe. Draft pick.

That's a small team with no post presence, but very dangerous offensively.

And at least three 'minus' defenders. If Thibault gets that group to play League average defense, it'll be an impressive achievement.

I'd be tempted to throw a mid-range contract at Krystal Thomas and see if Seattle think she's worth it to match. You don't need any scoring to add to those four, just size, solidity and rebounding in the middle.


You hear people talk about "knowing who you are" -- that lineup would be designed to do one thing: Outscore (as opposed to outdefend or outrebound) the other team. The Mystics would have a clear identity, and though it's certainly not an ideal lineup, it's not one I would like to face. On any given night, against any team, they could just go off and there would be nothing you could do. (Of course, there would be nights they wouldn't shoot well and be extremely vulnerable ...)



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14061
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point Hill is better then Latta on both sides of the court. But with EDD and Meesseman on the court she should be more used to spot up and space the floor for them. She has to settle for less shots



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19097
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/17 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
ClayK wrote:
If Toliver arrives, it will be a very odd lineup ... if the best five are on the floor. That would be, for me,

Toliver
Latta
EDD
Meessemann

? TRP maybe. Draft pick.

That's a small team with no post presence, but very dangerous offensively.

And at least three 'minus' defenders. If Thibault gets that group to play League average defense, it'll be an impressive achievement.

I'd be tempted to throw a mid-range contract at Krystal Thomas and see if Seattle think she's worth it to match. You don't need any scoring to add to those four, just size, solidity and rebounding in the middle.


You hear people talk about "knowing who you are" -- that lineup would be designed to do one thing: Outscore (as opposed to outdefend or outrebound) the other team. The Mystics would have a clear identity, and though it's certainly not an ideal lineup, it's not one I would like to face. On any given night, against any team, they could just go off and there would be nothing you could do. (Of course, there would be nights they wouldn't shoot well and be extremely vulnerable ...)

Yeah, I didn't say a 'good' defense. Just need to be touching average. Because it's hard to win games remotely consistently when you're floating around the bottom of the league in defensive efficiency, however explosive you are on offense. They've got a coach who'd demand the work ethic necessary and be prepared to bench people when necessary, though. It's plausible.

And yes, Hill's the likely starter in the backcourt ahead of Latta (assuming she's re-signed), for a variety of reasons (size, age, health, and based on last season just performance). Latta could be an effective third guard, though.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3800



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you're going for offense just play small ball and put

Latta, Toliver, Hill, EDD, Meesseman all on the floor together.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7339
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics re-sign Tierra Ruffin-Pratt


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17253



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/17 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

#6 SWK, B, Jones, Coffey?

OK there are some holes to fill but I can see some free agents getting signed here in the next week or so Larkins, L. Mitchell, Toliver, Gatling? Someone will jump in, I wonder if Mike T has any ins with K. Griffin.


I'd take BJones. They lost Dolson and Vaughn. That's a lot of strength lost.


Cloud is not a PG. PG is the #1 need at this point. Signing Mitchell = priority. Or PG available at #6. Lindsey Allen? But I agree, this team needs some beef. So if Mitchell is signed, go with BJones. She's got beef and she's been consistent.

With EDD and Meeseman, we've got plenty of scoring so we just need defense out of the SF and that's what TRP and Cloud bring. I repeat: the Cloud experiment at PG needs to end. She's useful as she can play 2,3 or 1 in a pinch.

FWIW, Cloud has been playing primarily the PG role this season in the WNBL, so I'm guessing that's where she sees her future.
It's convenient for the team if hypothetically needing to defensively cover for an undersized SG.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14061
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Washington Thomas, Krystal Signed an Offer Sheet with Washington. Seattle has four days to decide whether to match

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/

I think the Storm will let her go because they now have Swords



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
UofDel_Alum



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 3776
Location: Delaware


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/17 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:
Washington Thomas, Krystal Signed an Offer Sheet with Washington. Seattle has four days to decide whether to match

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/

I think the Storm will let her go because they now have Swords


Can I assume she will continue to come off the bench with the Mystics?


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19097
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/17 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:
Washington Thomas, Krystal Signed an Offer Sheet with Washington. Seattle has four days to decide whether to match

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/

I think the Storm will let her go because they now have Swords

Heh, I swear I hadn't heard this was happening when I suggested the exact same signing a few posts above. Smile



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14061
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:
Washington Thomas, Krystal Signed an Offer Sheet with Washington. Seattle has four days to decide whether to match

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/

I think the Storm will let her go because they now have Swords

Heh, I swear I hadn't heard this was happening when I suggested the exact same signing a few posts above. Smile


Mystics will be good place for her. She will get some more minutes there.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3114
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

its official Toliver to the styx Sad https://mobile.twitter.com/gene_wang/status/828658694837719040



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
UK1996



Joined: 03 Sep 2015
Posts: 213



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toliver to the Mystics is certainly huge. I read on twitter that the mystics aren't done making moves yet. I'm betting Latta gets moved. If the keep Latta, I can't see them playing her and Toliver at the same time.
Right now
Toliver/Cloud
Hill/Latta/Weisner
TRP/#6
Delle Donne/Mallot/Draft pick or FA
Meeseman/Thomas



_________________
Kentucky Wildcats, Sky, & Spurs
SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4222



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristi, welcome home Laughing


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3114
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maybe Coach T will give M. Gatling a look ? Training camp contract at least ? Just in case Seattle matches K. Thomas ? Having both wouldnt hurt neither. Where Michelle Snow when you need her Laughing



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 42787



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why do people keep adding Weisner to the Mystics roster? Did I miss something? There's only 9 players (10 including Toliver) on the current Mystics roster, and Weisner isn't one of them.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3114
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Why do people keep adding Weisner to the Mystics roster? Did I miss something? There's only 9 players (10 including Toliver) on the current Mystics roster, and Weisner isn't one of them.


I never really bought in to the weisner hype. She got most of her pub from being on a team with a W caliber player in Weiss . If OSU doesnt make that run to the Final 4 i dont think she would have stuck this long in the W.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 19927



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Why do people keep adding Weisner to the Mystics roster? Did I miss something? There's only 9 players (10 including Toliver) on the current Mystics roster, and Weisner isn't one of them.


I never really bought in to the weisner hype. She got most of her pub from being on a team with a W caliber player in Weiss . If OSU doesnt make that run to the Final 4 i dont think she would have stuck this long in the W.


She didn't stick. She got waived sometime fairly early on. http://www.bulletsforever.com/2016/8/24/12631170/latoya-sanders-rejoins-mystics-jamie-weisner-waived-wnba-2016



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 19927



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/17 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
. I'm betting Latta gets moved. If the keep Latta, I can't see them playing her and Toliver at the same time.


There's a high degree of loyalty between Mike T and Latta. I'm guessing she stays. And probably is the back up to Tolliver.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 53927
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/17 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tayler Hill re-signs



_________________
I mean, we’re in a difficult spot because we love playing at home and we love this league, and it’s not for the money. So then you could also argue, if it’s not for the money, then why are you leaving?
SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4222



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm assuming the Storm won't match the Mystics contract offer to Krystal Thomas.

Toliver/Cloud
Hill/Latta
Thomas/Sanders/ #6 Pick
Delle Donne/Ruffin-Pratt
Meesseman/Malott

Malott could be replace by the 2017 #18th Pick if Coach T finds a player overseas




Last edited by SportsGuru on 02/06/17 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin