J-Spoon wrote:
So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

#6 SWK, B, Jones, Coffey?

OK there are some holes to fill but I can see some free agents getting signed here in the next week or so Larkins, L. Mitchell, Toliver, Gatling? Someone will jump in, I wonder if Mike T has any ins with K. Griffin.

I'd take BJones. They lost Dolson and Vaughn. That's a lot of strength lost.

Cloud is not a PG. PG is the #1 need at this point. Signing Mitchell = priority. Or PG available at #6. Lindsey Allen? But I agree, this team needs some beef. So if Mitchell is signed, go with BJones. She's got beef and she's been consistent.

With EDD and Meeseman, we've got plenty of scoring so we just need defense out of the SF and that's what TRP and Cloud bring. I repeat: the Cloud experiment at PG needs to end. She's useful as she can play 2,3 or 1 in a pinch.

I assume you're talking about Leilani Mitchell. Jet would say you're setting the bar low. Allen isn't worth passing on BJones. I don't think Coates will be available at #6 unless there's multiple early declarations.

Read my mind. And I'd stick with Cloud before experimenting with Lindsey Allen, who won't be a good WNBA player.

PostPosted: 01/31/17 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, which team made out better with all these roster changes so far...

New York gains Bria Hartley and Kia Vaughn but lose Carolyn Swords

Seattle gains Swords and gives up 6th pick in draft

Washington gains EDD and 6th pick in draft but loses Vaughn, Hartley, Copper, Dolson and 2nd pick

Chicago losses EDD but gains Dolson, Copper and 2nd pick in draft

In my opinion, New York didn't get better or worse. Hartley will probably replace Schimmel who didn't play anyways. Vaughn for Swords is not really an upgrade or a downgrade. Trade Score: Meh

Seattle doesn't get better or worse. They added another big center who has a good FG% but doesn't score much to go along with Krystal Thomas who is the exact same. They need to draft a good scoring guard at #6. Trade Score: Meh

Washington gets EDD, yeah great, but they lost a LOT more than what they got. I don't see them being much better than last year. They lost 29ppg from last season with the roster subtractions (39ppg if their #2 draft pick scored at least 10ppg) and added EDD's 20ppg. She'll put more butts in the seats, but that's the only thing that will change in Mystics land. They either miss the playoffs again this season or just barely get into them and then poof out early like Thibault teams usually do. Trade Score: A bit better than Meh just cuz its EDD.

Chicago losses its superstar but gained a lot which could possibly equal to what they lost. Dolson is an all star center who has yet to peak. Copper is a great talent and they get a star quality pick at #2. (Plum, Coates or DeShields) Trade Score: Ding Ding Ding!

I think Chicago has come out of all of this with the better roster moves. It just all depends on what a rookie head coach can do with the team.

Kailapea

PostPosted: 01/31/17 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.

PostPosted: 01/31/17 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:
Rumor flying that Tolliver is going to the Mystics... Anyone here anything about this.

Idea

Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/17 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:

Anybody more credible than Barcoff?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sigur3

PostPosted: 01/31/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Kailapea wrote:

Anybody more credible than Barcoff?

Significantly so

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 01/31/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:

Please no! Come on KT, stay for a couple more years. . See if you can get a couple more chips, and then play your last couple years in DC.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/31/17 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Kailapea wrote:

Please no! Come on KT, stay for a couple more years. . See if you can get a couple more chips, and then play your last couple years in DC.

WOW , i guess she accomplished what she needed in LA and wants to be closer to her alma Mater with EDD ? The team is still no contender with toliver added . If toliver wants consistent praise with a long term championship challenging group with the new format LA is the place to stay . Unless shes not worried about ships anymore since she has one. This would be a devastating loss to the Sparks.

PostPosted: 01/31/17 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Kailapea wrote:

WOW , i guess she accomplished what she needed in LA and wants to be closer to her alma Mater with EDD ? The team is still no contender with toliver added . If toliver wants consistent praise with a long term championship challenging group with the new format LA is the place to stay . Unless shes not worried about ships anymore since she has one. This would be a devastating loss to the Sparks.

The combination of EDD, Meesseman and Toliver and the coaching of Mike T certainly could do some damage IMO. Also i makes the Sparks a bit weaker because they would lose a deadly shooter who spaces the floor for all their posts and can distribute the ball when she wants too.
With Williams returning from injury you get scoring back but not as effective as Toliver and certainly no playmaking.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/31/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless there are early declarations, I don't think B.Jones or Coates will be there at #6. This team will be sorely missing a banger inside.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 01/31/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:

It's not a done deal

PostPosted: 01/31/17 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder what time it becomes official tomorrow. Press conference? Announcement?

PostPosted: 02/01/17 2:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:

Also free agent signings! Would LOVE for Karima Christmas to join the Styx. She's a strong defender at SF, willing to bang for boards and a sweet outside shot.

~rAf
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/01/17 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

Also free agent signings! Would LOVE for Karima Christmas to join the Styx. She's a strong defender at SF, willing to bang for boards and a sweet outside shot.

...and not a free agent.

PostPosted: 02/01/17 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kailapea wrote:

It's not a done deal

Am I wrong, doesn't Washington need a rebounder and a person to be physical in the paint?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kailapea wrote:

It's not a done deal

Am I wrong, doesn't Washington need a rebounder and a person to be physical in the paint?

I think there banking on draft picks to ensure that whole.

PostPosted: 02/01/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toliver to the Mystics....

PG: Latta/Cloud
SG: Toliver/Hill
SF: Ruffin-Pratt/Mallot
PF: Delle Donne/Hawkins
C: Meesseman/Sanders
+ 6th pick & possibly Mitchell

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/17 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Toliver to the Mystics....

PG: Latta/Cloud
SG: Toliver/Hill
SF: Ruffin-Pratt/Mallot
PF: Delle Donne/Hawkins
C: Meesseman/Sanders
+ 6th pick & possibly Mitchell

Wow where are these signings going official at ? .Com is not giving anything

PostPosted: 02/01/17 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's nothing official about Toliver that I can see. Confused

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/17 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
There's nothing official about Toliver that I can see. Confused

me neither i rushed to .com and twitter too verify this but nothing is resourceful . So Mopey is still in LALA land for now . Whew

PostPosted: 02/01/17 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When exactly is this trade going to finally be announced?

PostPosted: 02/02/17 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
When exactly is this trade going to finally be announced?

Just got a notification on my WNBA app. 9:42 AM CST.
toad455

PostPosted: 02/02/17 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Mystics can add one or two more solid bench players, they should easily make the playoffs. Right now their bench is Cloud & Sanders.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan

PostPosted: 02/02/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics currently have nine players on their roster and not one of them is a center. I don't think any of the rest have a low post game. Maybe they will try a Golden State Warriors style - three point shots combined with drives.

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/02/17 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The Mystics currently have nine players on their roster and not one of them is a center. I don't think any of the rest have a low post game. Maybe they will try a Golden State Warriors style - three point shots combined with drives.

Both Meesseman and EDD have very good low post games, though they're based on skill and footwork rather than pure physical strength. I'm guessing they're gambling on one of Coates/Jones to still be available at 6, but even if that doesn't happen, there's no shortage of big bodies who can eat minutes on the market.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: